Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']Man what the hell is wrong with the Jericho demo, it won't work for me!

It won't register my button presses.

I had to press the x button a bunch of times (track and field) style and it finally let m through, then I had to do it again in the 2nd menu.
I accidently paused in game and had to do it again.

Once I was in the game, things controlled fine.
But the particle effects were all in slow motion.
I fire a bullet and the casing flies out and takes literally, 6-7 seconds to hit the ground.
Surely something is wrong.

I just deleted it now and am redownloading it.[/quote]

Yeh I had problems too. Said to press Start and it wouldn't work. Quit and relaunched a few times and nothing happened. So I had to restart my PS3 and it worked. Though I think I was having some errors too while playing. Let me know how the redownload works,

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I haven't played a Tony Hawk game in forever, guess that helped b/c I really got into the skate demo. I got used to the controls pretty easy and I like the layout and presentation of it. I'll be picking it up, but maybe hold out for a price drop first/sale or somethin'[/quote]

Rent it. I did and I would be ecstatic about it, except that I just got done playing it for 5 and a half hours and yelling about 2/3 of it and my head hurts like a sonofabitch.

The career mode on this is the worst career mode ever. And by worst, I mean the hardest, and by the hardest, I mean nigh impossible. I only got to the point where they said "congratulations, you just turned pro", and I gave up right after that. The requirements for success simply escalate and escalate and escalate until you throw your controller and scream bloody murder and wonder why anyone would make such a ridiculously hard game.

So take it from me and my pounding headache, rent it. Unless you have no desire to get very far in career mode.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Rent it. I did and I would be ecstatic about it, except that I just got done playing it for 5 and a half hours and yelling about 2/3 of it and my head hurts like a sonofabitch.

The career mode on this is the worst career mode ever. And by worst, I mean the hardest, and by the hardest, I mean nigh impossible. I only got to the point where they said "congratulations, you just turned pro", and I gave up right after that. The requirements for success simply escalate and escalate and escalate until you throw your controller and scream bloody murder and wonder why anyone would make such a ridiculously hard game.

So take it from me and my pounding headache, rent it. Unless you have no desire to get very far in career mode.[/QUOTE]

Initially I felt the same, but after getting back to the game (around the same point you stopped) it all just started to click and become real easy. It's a skill based game, so expect alot of learning or else alot of headaches. And yes, I completed all but the racing parts in the game.

I played the Jericho demo and I am not feeling it at all. It seemed okay but I just didn't like it that much at all. This was a definite pick up for me, but I am glad I played the demo because now I am in no rush to get it. Nothing really made it stand out for me like most games do.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']I played the Jericho demo and I am not feeling it at all. It seemed okay but I just didn't like it that much at all. This was a definite pick up for me, but I am glad I played the demo because now I am in no rush to get it. Nothing really made it stand out for me like most games do.[/QUOTE]

I read in EGM/Play that the game was squad-based.

Is it really loose in terms of that description or can I expect some R6 Vegas/GRAW2 sort of squad play.

[quote name='asianxcore']I read in EGM/Play that the game was squad-based.

Is it really loose in terms of that description or can I expect some R6 Vegas/GRAW2 sort of squad play.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, the best way to describe the Jericho demo is a doom atmosphere ( bigger levels though ) with rainbow six like gameplay. Each member of the Jericho team has a special power.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm still surprised japan has more crash bandicoots than the US... we have one while they have 3?????? sad.[/QUOTE]Crash actually sold really well in Japan.

To be fair with NBA 2K08, the developers changed the animation sequences to be "more realistic"--now, your guy has to be on the right foot before executing the next animation. It's probably why some of you are thinking the game "feels clunky". I think with Live 08, the animation is still floaty w/o transitions and thus gives a faster, more arcade-y experience.

I don't think the visuals on 2K8 are too bad. I think it is improved over 2K7 in that the player models look less gumby-like. It's not a huge improvement, but at least they are trying.

I'll probably pick the game up with the first price drop, or if there's a decent DOTD.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']From my experience, the best way to describe the Jericho demo is a doom atmosphere ( bigger levels though ) with rainbow six like gameplay. Each member of the Jericho team has a special power.[/quote]

Yeah which the graphics didn't impress me at all either. I just really didn't like it, I can't put my finger on what I didn't like just wasn't feeling it. Before you get the game I really recommend d/l the demo.

[quote name='gunm']To be fair with NBA 2K08, the developers changed the animation sequences to be "more realistic"--now, your guy has to be on the right foot before executing the next animation. It's probably why some of you are thinking the game "feels clunky". I think with Live 08, the animation is still floaty w/o transitions and thus gives a faster, more arcade-y experience.

I don't think the visuals on 2K8 are too bad. I think it is improved over 2K7 in that the player models look less gumby-like. It's not a huge improvement, but at least they are trying.

I'll probably pick the game up with the first price drop, or if there's a decent DOTD.[/quote]
I played some of 2K7 and it looked a bit better than this. I look at the screenshots of 2K8 compared to what I played and it's like night and day.

NBA2K8-Screen10.jpg
:drool:

The demo = :puke:

Redownloaded Jericho and had the same problem.
So I restarted the PS3 as someone suggested and it worked.

I actually liked the demo. Kinda cool switching around like that.
Don't hurt me!

[quote name='dallow']Redownloaded Jericho and had the same problem.
So I restarted the PS3 as someone suggested and it worked.

I actually liked the demo. Kinda cool switching around like that.
Don't hurt me![/quote]

Lol no one will hurt you it's your opinion and all. ;) I just can't put my finger on what I didn't like, it's like trying to hard to be doom or something. I may try it again before I delete it and see if my opinion changes or not. Either way it defiantly isn't worth $60 bones.

Looks like an English Bladestorm demo Thursday.
[quote name='Koei Warriors']DEMO DEMO DEMO!!! KOEI, today announced the release of the playable demo for Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War. The playable demo will be available to download from Thursday 4th October on both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. The full release of this epic, real time strategy/action title will follow on November 2nd in Europe and 6th in North America.

About BLADESTORM: THE HUNDRED YEARS’ WAR
In the early half of the 14th century a quarrel over English succession to the French throne escalated into what history would come to know as the Hundred Years’ War. In 2007, KOEI’s upcoming video game, BLADESTORM™: THE HUNDRED YEARS’ WAR will bring to life the intensity and drama of a war-torn Medieval Europe featuring a rich tapestry of legendary characters including Joan of Arc and Prince Edward- later to be called the Black Prince.

Utilizing a brand new game engine attainable only through the power of next-generation hardware, the game’s armies will collide on the battlefield at an unprecedented scale. Countless numbers of fearless soldiers will clash on screen in ferocious battles, where tactics and cunning will combine with valor and might to determine who is left standing when the dust settles on one of history’s most epic conflicts.[/quote]

I liked the Jericho demo too. Playing as that one girl with the sword and the gun was cool. A sword and a gun is a winning combination!

[quote name='whoknows']I liked the Jericho demo too. Playing as that one girl with the sword and the gun was cool. A sword and a gun is a winning combination![/quote]

Yeah but you like everything...

:rofl:

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Yeah but you like everything...

:rofl:[/QUOTE]
Does not.

I only like stuff that appeals to my interests, and guns and swords just happen to do so

[quote name='whoknows']Does not.

I only like stuff that appeals to my interests, and guns and swords just happen to do so[/quote]

Don't forget Dragons too, oh and cel shaded games, and live gotta have that live, and treasure can't forget that, and and and *explodes*

[quote name='whoknows']Does not.

I only like stuff that appeals to my interests, and guns and swords just happen to do so[/QUOTE]You're right, because I know of many games you don't like. I'm the same way too. :)

I still haven't played the Jerico demo.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Don't forget Dragons too, oh and cel shaded games, and live gotta have that live, and treasure can't forget that, and and and *explodes*[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with any of those :nottalking:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You're right, because I know of many games you don't like. I'm the same way too. :)

I still haven't played the Jerico demo.[/quote]

Oh Christ you like DW gundam what could you POSSIBLY not like. Anyway I'm done with this.

Hey when is the sony store going to have full downloadable HD movies and TV shows. The xbox has it, and now apples's I tv will have it. Sony needs to get their PR people to let us know whats up with the plans for the system.

Hey when is the sony store going to have full downloadable HD movies and TV shows. The xbox has it, and now apples's I tv will have it. Sony needs to get their PR people to let us know whats up with the plans for the system.

[quote name='whoknows']Then when are you getting Live? :p[/quote]

Ha ha! :razz: well I am getting a new 360 this weekend. I should have it and hopefully all set up by Saturday night. So if all goes to plan, basically this weekend all have live.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Ha ha! :razz: well I am getting a new 360 this weekend. I should have it and hopefully all set up by Saturday night. So if all goes to plan, basically this weekend all have live.[/QUOTE]
Halo 3?

And this thread is way off topic now :rofl:

[quote name='whoknows']Halo 3?

And this thread is way off topic now :rofl:[/quote]

Yeah man, if all goes to plan all PM ya sometime Sat/Sun and let you know I got the new 360 and have the live set up and we can get some Halo 3 going. Now back to our regularly schedule, this game got delayed for the PS3 discussion..... :lol:

Bladestorm in english tomorrow. Think I will redownload it to see if there was anything I missed from not being able to read it before.

Sony fails again and updates a day early:

Hey, everyone. It’s time for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Games:
--Go! Sports Ski (2.99 US) - Go! Sports Ski is a visually stunning, skiing simulator that harnesses the SIXAXIS controller.

Demos:
--The Simpsons demo
--Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War demo

Tutorials:
--NBA 08 key control play calling tutorial video
--Eye of Judgement tutorial video

Other video:
--Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune BTS
--Haze Dev interview
--Tekkonkinkreet video
--Surf’s Up BD trailer

Gimme the PSX games you MuthaF%$#%@s!

Is that really too hard to ask? I'm sorry, but Sony is letting the other companies kick their ass in the DL department. The Wii has just managed to get a game that never even came out in the US (Sin and Punishment, which is pretty good btw), yet we've only got Castlevania recently.

Content will up tomorrow guys, forgot to mention.

I really want to try the Simpsons demo.
And Bladestorm will be fun in English. I loved the Japanese demo.

Other than that... I want PSX games...

I was going to photoshop a PS1 onto a "have you seen me?" milk carton, until I realized it would take more effort than Sony's put into PSX games on the PS3 overall.

[quote name='mykevermin']I was going to photoshop a PS1 onto a "have you seen me?" milk carton, until I realized it would take more effort than Sony's put into PSX games on the PS3 overall.[/QUOTE]I'll say it again. People didn't but the PS1 games; therefore, Sony isn't bothering putting them up. If people are wanting third party games on U.S. PSN priced at $5.99. Forget it, it will NEVER happen since that's too cheap for third parties. Just look at Wii, how many 3rd party N64 games do you see on VC (other than Sin & Punishment, because that was already translated but Nintendo didn't publish it themselves).

Anyway, not a bad update at all. I will get Go! Sports Ski.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']Gimme the PSX games you MuthaF%$#%@s!

Is that really too hard to ask? I'm sorry, but Sony is letting the other companies kick their ass in the DL department. The Wii has just managed to get a game that never even came out in the US (Sin and Punishment, which is pretty good btw), yet we've only got Castlevania recently.[/QUOTE]The downloads on the XBLM have been pathetic for the last few weeks I'd say.
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Yeah man, if all goes to plan all PM ya sometime Sat/Sun and let you know I got the new 360 and have the live set up and we can get some Halo 3 going. Now back to our regularly schedule, this game got delayed for the PS3 discussion..... :lol:[/QUOTE]You're turning into an Xbot. ;)

[quote name='kube00']Jericho kinda blows....sigh not going to get that game.[/quote]
Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing. I enjoyed the slow-controllable sniper bullet, though.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The Simpsons demo? I'm in if that's true.[/QUOTE]It definitely is, Sony put it on the Official PS Blog. Kind of surprising we get it before 360.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll say it again.[/QUOTE]

Don't.

No, really. Don't. You've shown no proof of how poorly they've sold, so prove it, or stop making asinine claims. Especially when Japan is moving so advanced with the infrastructure of the PSN Store (now on the PC for PSP owners), thus reducing costs for implementation in the US even further. Your point makes no sense at all, and is advocating a self-fulfilling prophecy. By that marketing measure, since the PS3 is not selling all that well compared with the other consoles, they should just stop making those, too. Right?

[quote name='jonlubbe']can you buy $2.99 games for less than $5? or will I have $2.01 in credit waiting around to use later?[/quote]Since it's less than $5, you'll have the credit in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back