When will Nintendo release more Classics for their Gba sp?

I don't know why they wouldn't...it's like printing money. Seriiously, releasing their classics is the closest thing to having a money tree.

I don't think they're going to, but that's a shame I'd love to see...

Kid Icarus
Castlevania 2
Punch-Out
Battle of Olypums

....actually you know what my list could go on for quite some time, let's just say I want more classic action. Though, it would be nice if Nintendo didn't charge $20 per game, or made a compilation with like five game on one cart.

I dont know, but i do have a few words, They should release the classic games in one cart.. i dont care if its 3 games in one or 6 games in one, they have enough space for all of them. They're selling 20 year old titles 20 bucks each. sell them individually for 5-10 bucks would sound so reasonable for short games. getting classic Super mario bros sucked compared to the GBC Super Mario Bros Deluxe get lot better value for your money.

I would love to see some more Classics be released but only if they were more on one cart or came out for a cheaper price. I would love to see game like PUnch-Out and Kid Icarus.

I agree with the two posters above me. Those things just cost too much damn money, especially when I always own EXACTLY the same thing for NES.

I think they've just done all of the title worth doing. It needs to be items that can grab the attention of people beyond those who remember playing those games on the NES. This means they either have to be versions of well known arcade machines or games that led to franchises still running today.

Out of those, how many NES classics aren't getting the compilation treatment already from their respective owners? MegaMan is now well covered with the upcoming GameBoy Collection. (They should put the collected NES games on GBA as well.) Most of us have already said we'd prefer several games in a package with the MArio All-Stars style of upgrade. Unless it became part of gameplay nobody really wants flickering sprites just for nostalgia's sake if they're paying any worthwhile amount.

Konami is long overdue to relase a Castlevania collection. A collection of their arcade shooters would be good, too. Never having been an NES gamer I have no desire to recreate that system's weaknesses. Give me a chance to buy compilations of the arcade originals for a decent price.

[quote name='tdphillips'][quote name='NesHavok']I would like to see darkwing duck and al the other disney capcom games be released!!![/quote]

Duck Tales![/quote]

Duck Tales was an amazing game. One of my favorites for the NES.

kind of off topic, but, on the subject of Disney games.....how about Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion on the Genesis? How sick was that game?

As for GBA remakes.......give me Kid Icarus or give me death. I will settle for nothing in between.

[quote name='NesHavok']Capcom was a good company to make all the disney games. I wish they had made more of them.[/quote]

The Disney license and the Marvel licenses are the two licenses that I think Capcom should have held onto for dear life. They shouldn't have been taken out of their trustworthy hands. But alas if they hadn't been taken from them than we might not have the great franchises (i.e. Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Onimusha, etc.) that we have today. I'm not saying that Activision hasn't done a good job (rather they have done an exceptional job with bringing those licenses to this gen) with their Xmen/Spiderman licenses but I think Capcom was just brilliant.

off the topic but, wouldn't it be cool if every character from all two player fighting games were accessible through one game that was online capable. it would be like Sheena from mk fighting A ninja turtle with someone who lives in china that would be so sweet!!!

I think part of the reason we don't have a third Classic NES series released yet is because these are still selling in Japan. The two Japanese incarnations of these had almost twice (or even triple in one case? Someone should have a list somewhere). They get a ton of games, then the biggest selling/most recognized of those get released here.

So I would think they're still determining which games will be released in Japan first, then we have to wait for them to narrow that down and bring out the smaller roster here.

I'm really hoping for Castlevania II and III as well as the Contras to make it.

[quote name='Lucky13']Duck tales was great, so was Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. That's some old-school Capcom love right there.[/quote]

Absolutely. Those are some true, forgotten classics, along with Yo! Noid. What could possibly be more fun than a pizza, yo-yo, and pogo stick-themed game? Long live old-school Capcom!

Yes, castlevania 2 & 3 would be great. I wish they would release Super Metroid as well, and why not do a remake of Metroid 2?

I wish they would at least incorporate a quick save feature on these classic releases. Metroid did something like this with it's save password feature, but i wish i could play through the original Castlevania in several sittings, not always one.

How about some love for Rygar? I would kill to have that classic portable. Man, the possibilities are endless. Im waiting for most of these to go down in price before I pick them up. I mean i would love to have the original Mario handheld, but its ridiculous to pay $20 for it, considering I could get it multiple times over at that price for the original NES cart, and that had duck hunt included!

But the one port that would really rock my world would be a classic release of Pirates! from the old NES days. Not as good looking as the new release for PC, but almost the same gameplay, and it already has a quicksave incorporated!

The original Baseball made by Nintendo. Now I know it is out as an e-reader card but I don't want to lug around some big dumb platic piece of garbage in order to play it. This game is probably the best baseball game ever (I know you all think I'm crazy). Well at least for me. It is so simple and cheesy but I can play it over and over for some reason. I used to play this with my brother in the arcade all the time back in the day.

Other Picks for Classics:
Punch-Out
Kid Icarus
Castlevania 2
Bionic Commando - I love this game....I'm suprised nobody really mentions it.
Gargoyle's Quest 2
Metal Gear
R.C. Pro-AM
Tecmo Bowl

I just got an email back from Nintendo on this subject and they claim there is no plans for a future NES Classic Series. I'm more than a little bummed because they could have done a lot of really cool games and made some decent cash.

[quote name='ZForce915']I just got an email back from Nintendo on this subject and they claim there is no plans for a future NES Classic Series. I'm more than a little bummed because they could have done a lot of really cool games and made some decent cash.[/quote]

I wish they would release some other games...I did however breakdown and buy the famicom mini versions of Super Mario Bros. 2 (aka The Lost Levels) and Kid Icarus from play-asia.com. I figure these won't make it stateside.

[quote name='NesHavok']When will Nintendo release more Classics for their Gba sp and what will they be?[/quote]

Hopefully never, unless they decide to not be asshats and put more then 1 game on a cart.

It doesn't really matter to me whether or not Nintendo releases more of the classics. I still have my NES, and can play the games there. I'm not going to shell out $20 to play one I already have. I do like and would buy more of the remade classics. Metroid Zero Mission was excellent, and I would love to see that transformation done to many of the older titles (Metroid 2).

Nintendo really needs to consider releasing an official compilation cartridge with 5-10 classic games. Fitting that minimal coding on one cartridge would be easy, and the value for consumers would increase sales significantly over the $20 per game scam they're running currently.

Although this discussion is pretty much dead, I would like to say on the subject of the NES Classic Series that my collection now looks like this...

Bomberman ($5 pickup, haven't played yet)
Dr. Mario (worth more than the $15 I spent on it...so many wireless games played at work)
Ice Climber ($5 pickup, haven't played yet)
Legend of Zelda (like you don't already have this too)
Super Mario Bros. (and I got a free tshirt too!)
Xevious (another $5 pickup)
Zelda II (I'm glad I bought this...wish I could beat it)

I still plan on picking up Metroid and Castlevania, I'd take Donkey Kong if I could get it cheap like I did Xevious, Ice Climber and Bomberman.

I wish this line could continue but I digress

Just a side note ZForce915...if you buy Metroid: Zero Mission you get the complete NES Metroid once you beat ZM.

[quote name='David85']The line is dead, and so is the GBA.[/quote]

:lol: if the gba is dead, how come it has had so many A+ titles come out within the last few months? Minish Cap, FF Dawn of Souls, KH Chain of Memories, metal slug....wario ware twisted coming soon and a new Tales game thats TBA.

Maybe they will show more games for the line up but im glad that at least we got both zeldas and the first castlevania to play

[quote name='greydemise']im surprised no1 mentioned the old school megaman games :whistle2:x[/quote]

Those have a scheduled collection announced by Capcom. A much better value than the NES Classics series, if it ever shows up.

[quote name='Weedy649'][quote name='David85']The line is dead, and so is the GBA.[/quote]

:lol: if the gba is dead, how come it has had so many A+ titles come out within the last few months? Minish Cap, FF Dawn of Souls, KH Chain of Memories, metal slug....wario ware twisted coming soon and a new Tales game thats TBA.

Maybe they will show more games for the line up but im glad that at least we got both zeldas and the first castlevania to play[/quote]

The GBA sucessor will almost certainly be backward compatible, making for a continuing GBA game market. People might recall that GBC games kept appearing for a while when the GBa appear since the numbers were in the GBC's favor and the games ran on the new system as well.

I would highly recomment the JP import device called the "time machine." It const about $50-$60, is available at lik-sang, playasia, and on ebay, and allows you to play ANY NES or FC cart on your GBA. I have one, and I love it. It does have a few flaws: the speaker sucks (but with headphones its fine), and it runs on 4 AA batteries that burn up quick (I bought 4 rechargables for about $10 and they work great!). But it is totally worth it!

YThe GB is not like a console, the games doesn't begin to die.

Zelda and Wario came out wow! It's like saying "The GC isn't dead! We have Mario Party 134!!!"

Just because you have a few ok / good games, most ofwhich take no time at all doesn't mean anything.

bread's done
Back