where did my thread go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Please mods, if you are going to delete or move a thread then have the courtesy to PM the victim.

If my thread wasn't moved or deleted, then let this be a note that there is some bug in the forum, because my thread just disappeared.

[quote name='chunk']Please mods, if you are going to delete or move a thread then have the courtesy to PM the victim.

If my thread wasn't moved or deleted, then let this be a note that there is some bug in the forum, because my thread just disappeared.[/QUOTE]

what was your thread about? Either way, looks like your thread went on to a better place...

OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE PIC

also.... most mods do pm you when they delete a post or thread of yours.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I think you just misplaced it or are overlooking it.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I didn't because I even tried searching.

The forum is borked :headache:

[quote name='chunk']I'm pretty sure I didn't because I even tried searching.

The forum is borked :headache:[/QUOTE]
joe-bork-small.jpg

Bork you!

[quote name='chunk']I'm pretty sure I didn't because I even tried searching.

The forum is borked :headache:[/QUOTE]

You never answered BasketCase's question. What was the topic about. If the thread was deleted, you probably violated one of the rules.

Go to "MENU" at the top of the page, and then to "My profile." You should find a link in your profile that lets you see all the threads that you have made. It's even called "find all threads created by this user," or something like that.

If it's not there then it got deleted. I think I know which thread you are talking about though. Were you the guy who wanted to buy someone's Pay Pal account?

[quote name='wbc1228']You never answered BasketCase's question. What was the topic about. If the thread was deleted, you probably violated one of the rules.[/QUOTE]

questions_web.jpg

i guess we still need answers....

His thread was about purchasing an existing Paypal account, which almost certainly violates Paypal's terms of use. Thus, it was removed.

Also, I can't speak for other mods, but I almost never PM a person when deleting their thread, because 90% of the time it's a spam thread and I'm more than likely banning the person at the same time. I'll PM a person if I modify or move a thread without deleting it, though.

But if you notice that your thread is suddenly gone, take the hint. Obviously, something about it was out of line, and it isn't too difficult to figure out what.

"But if you notice that your thread is suddenly gone, take the hint"

wow that almost makes me feel welcome in this community knowing my posts can be deleted at a drop of a hat... I mean you already deleted my picture albeit abnoxiously huge, it coulda been resized by either you or me but oh well.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wow that almost makes me feel welcome in this community knowing my posts can be deleted at a drop of a hat...[/QUOTE]

The only posts/threads that get deleted are the kind that are obviously taboo; often times, the OP knows it isn't permitted, and just hopes it will fly under the radar. Or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, it's completely inflammatory and meant to generate attention, in which case simply deleting it without comment is the best way to combat the type of attention whore that makes the post in the first place.

As for pics, use this guideline for whether or not something should be thumbnailed:

1. Upload to imageshack
2. If the image isn't too large, you should only see direct-link command lines.
3. If the image is large enough to warrant a thumbnail, imageshack will let you know by giving you the command line for both the normal and thumbnailed versions, so no extra work on your end. Easy-peasy.

And if you don't like what I'm (or any other Mod's) doing, PM another Mod or Cheapy. Just don't anticipate an apology from me.

[quote name='Ledhed']His thread was about purchasing an existing Paypal account, which almost certainly violates Paypal's terms of use. Thus, it was removed.[/quote]
First of all, n00b, it is most certainly not against Paypal's TOS. Paypal Business accounts are owned by the business, not any individual user. What do you think happens when the business is sold?

Second of all paypal doesn't need you to enforce their TOS. I know that since you're a mod you think that you're Superman and you need to protect Paypal from the evil netizens, but believe me they can manage without your help.

[quote name='Ledhed'] But if you notice that your thread is suddenly gone, take the hint. Obviously, something about it was out of line, and it isn't too difficult to figure out what.[/quote]
I know that when someone is on a power trip such as yourself that it can be hard to empathize with us little people, but if my thread suddenly goes missing then there's nothing obvious at all about the reason behind it's mysterious disappearance. It could be that:
1. The forums are hacked/borked.
2. A mod was moving/modifying the thread, but fell asleep in the process, leaving my thread in limbo.
3. A mod was moving the thread, but screwed up and ended up changing it so drastically that I can't even find it through a search.
4. The thread was moved and I just don't know how to use the search (even though I think I do).
5. The thread was deleted, but since the mod that deleted it is a dickhead he doesn't want to notify me and instead thinks I should "take a hint".

The only thing questionable about my thread was whether it belonged in the auction forum or the trader forum. I saw some recent discussion in the auction forum about buying ebay accounts, so I decided to put it there.

If my thread has, in fact, been deleted by some asshole moderator then I will be reposting it in the trader forum. I'm still not sure though because the motherfucker in question hasn't PMed me.

[quote name='chunk']n00b[/QUOTE]
Delightful.

[quote name='chunk']If my thread has, in fact, been deleted by some asshole moderator[/QUOTE]
It was. Can't speak for the asshole factor though, since it wasn't me.

[quote name='chunk']then I will be reposting it in the trader forum.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you will.

[quote name='chunk']I'm still not sure though because the motherfucker in question hasn't PMed me.[/QUOTE]
Don't hold your breath.

[quote name='wbc1228']You never answered BasketCase's question. What was the topic about. If the thread was deleted, you probably violated one of the rules.[/quote]

The thread was me asking if anyone would like to sell their paypal account. I won't go into all the details right now because I spent a lot of time typing them in the first time and I hope to still recover them.

Look for a repost either in the trader forum, if the bully comes forward and confesses to deleting my thread, or in this forum, if it was just a glitch.

[quote name='Arikado']Omfg Mod Abuse![/quote]
I'd like to apologize for my treatment of LedHed. Not only was he most excellent to me in PM, but he took my abuse in good stride. Quite frankly he is the most well-tempered mod I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with in any forum.

Heres a good idea... further insult a mod you already believe is willing to abuse his power. :dunce: :wall:

pop.gif

[quote name='chunk']Look for a repost...in the trader forum[/quote]
To all interested parties, the details of my offer for your paypal account have now been posted in the trading forum.

[quote name='Kayden']Heres a good idea... further insult a mod you already believe is willing to abuse his power. :dunce: :wall:[/quote]

My philosophy is that if you let people walk all over you then you'll just become a doormat.

[quote name='chunk']
My philosophy is that if you let people walk all over you then you'll just become a doormat.[/quote]

A better philosophy might be don't yell at and insult people you couldn't know less about over trivial issues and subsequently make yourself look like an ass.

[quote name='Kayden']A better philosophy might be don't yell at and insult people you couldn't know less about over trivial issues and subsequently make yourself look like an ass.[/quote]
Hey, if you think an extra $4000/year for my business is trivial than feel free to send it to me via Paypal (or if the CAG moderators determine that it is against Paypal TOS then write me a check :censored:).

BTW, what's up with all the offtopicness that the moderators have created? Threads about CAG internal issues in Auctions instead of Site Assistance and threads about auction accounts in Trading instead of Auctions?

Please CAG moderators, restore the order and let my threads remain where they belong!

[quote name='chunk']BTW, what's up with all the offtopicness that the moderators have created? Threads about CAG internal issues in Auctions instead of Site Assistance and threads about auction accounts in Trading instead of Auctions?[/QUOTE]

I can only assume you're referring to Cheapy and I, as we are the only ones who have involved ourselves in this at all. Need I remind you that you created both of those topics (this one and your repeat topic in Trading), and they haven't been moved since their creation. Or are you suggesting that the posts in the threads themselves are off-topic?

It's not like it really matters, though.

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, this is a trading forum for video games and game related items (with leeway given to other media items that would be of interest to gamers).

A paypal account isn't in the same ballpark.[/QUOTE]

Straight from the horse's mouth. Suppose we can lock this, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back