Why couldn't I "Connect to Xbox LIVE"?

Tried COD4 around 2pm, and couldn't get into a match. Popped in H3, but was experiencing a lot of lag and some weird server drop issues. Put COD4 back in about an hour later and just played for around 3.5 hours straight with no problems at all. I'm on the West Coast. Where are you guys who are having problems?

I'm STILL having problems. It says I can't connect but then it will log me in and tell me how many friends are online but when I try loading up a game (Rock Band) the entire console freezes. It only works when I specifically don't try and sign in to Live. Also, just logging in locally is very slow - it takes forever for my wallpaper and blades to load up. I just get the little icon with the spinning dots. It's really really frustrating.

I have only been having problems with Messenger at this point. Doesn't want to sign itself in, and then tells me my password is no longer correct (when it is still correct).

Major Nelson said we'd be getting an XBLA game out of this. It just better not be Contra/Robotron/Joust/Frogger. (And I still think I would rather just have the days credited.)

So I fired up my 360 today and was greeted by the "I" loading and loading and loading. I was so hypnotic....so relaxing........................ made me feel good.

0.o

Has anyone been able to recover their GTs lately? It's not working for me, and I've been trying for a few hours.

Any ideas?

I'm having problems like most of you guys. Live goes on when I boot up the 360, but when I start playing a game, it disconnects and impossible to reconnect then. It's frustrating, but I hope the XBLA game we're getting out of this will be worth the downtime.

Lamesauce.

It was working fine for me last night when Major Nelson posted that everything should be back. Now I can't connect to a game in COD4. Blasted.

It was semi ok for me early. Got a few games in, had a couple disconnects in the lobby. But then couldnt' get a game at all.

Going to try again in a few.

shit's busted. can't recover my GT. guess I'll play some Galaxy instead.

[quote name='insano']I just need to vent...right before the FALL update and right after, we all experienced a few LIVE/COD4 problems. Then right before Xmas and right after, through till today, we're still been having LIVE/COD4 problems. Seems like in the morning and late at night it's possible to get some games in, but god f-ing forbid you get some games in 3-10pm (obviously cause of a sh1t load of people on). Ridiculous, I've never really complained much bout LIVE, lucky to have it, but my good god this is getting out of hand. It's almost as if Gold members are getting shafted because ump-teen 1000's of people got xbox 360's w/LIVE and COD4 for Christmas. Microsoft really needs to do something about this in a faster manner then they are handling this right now. O-K, feel better now :][/quote]

Amen.

Feels like its fixed, at least the marketplace. I was starting up TF2, but it froze on one of the blades so I went back to the dashboard and the marketplace started to work and the first three blades. Downloaded some Rock Band DLC, and it seems to work alright now. =d

Seems to at least be getting better.

Turned it on around 6 pm EST and the blades loaded up. Played CoD4 until 7:30 or so. Had a few time outs and connection messages in the lobby, but was able to get right into a new lobby/match each time.

So still having some issues, but less than previous nights. And given that it's a saturday, that's a good sign since that should be very high load evening.

Not much better for me. I have played off and on for the last few days and I cant believe between playing COD4 and H3 how bad it is. Finding a match takes forever and we are getting dropped a lot. Messing with your friends list can be a real task. I have friend requests that NEVER go away after accepting them. Just retarded stuff. I hope they are not setting tight thinking the problem has been handled or that it will get better on its own.

To some degree I bet they think the problem will be helped by people starting back to work and school Monday but what a piece of @#it Live has been for the past week or more.

Wow Halo 3 was kinda buggy. Played Team Doubles and lost a level because the other team quit before it started...then, we tried another one and I gained TWO levels after the other team quit or was disconnected before it started..Good times with Live.

I found CoD4 was having problems while other games were not. Halo 3 I did not test though.

Me and my friend played Rainbow Six Vegas for several hours while COD4 was having problems.
The game might be at a slower pace but It's a classic, and I plan on picking up the sequel by April.

"Up and running" my ass. CoD4 is still having problems. I got booted out of a couple game lobbies, had a ton of problems with connections dropping and couldn't check stats.

Half of my arcade games have disappeared. WTF.

I had to go to redownload Frogger, which it says was somewhere on my Xbox, only to get a note that an update was available. Try to grab the update and I get an XBL error.

Awesome.

[quote name='mykevermin']Huh? From your HDD?[/quote]

Not showing up in the Games Library, however when I go to redownload them, I have the choice to "play now".

I still can't play Frogger.

I haven't gone through all of my XBLA games, but Double Dragon appears as if I own it (which I do - or perhaps it is better to say "I paid for it"). When I start a game, though, it asks me if I want to purchase the full game, and it stops after mission 1.

Not a big deal to me as long as it's resolved eventually. In the meantime, you can bet your ass I won't be buying any XBLA games until I can be assured they'll work irrespective of XBL outages or me having to switch consoles.

My blades are taking quite a while to load. I haven't really played anything over live, except for Marble Blast Ultra lately. That actually went well.

These blades, however, :bomb:

...and... COD4 is having major problems ATM. I try to find a game, get put in, then all the sudden, I just start the game. No lobby at all. Suddenly the player jerks around, I get the network connection symbol, and it times out.

[quote name='mtxbass1']...and... COD4 is having major problems ATM. I try to find a game, get put in, then all the sudden, I just start the game. No lobby at all. Suddenly the player jerks around, I get the network connection symbol, and it times out.[/QUOTE]
And, of course, the Xbox.com status update is "up and running". What bullshit. Even if I wanted to check the status so I don't waste my time trying to get online, it would misinform me. Ridiculous.

[quote name='torifile']And, of course, the Xbox.com status update is "up and running". What bullshit. Even if I wanted to check the status so I don't waste my time trying to get online, it would misinform me. Ridiculous.[/quote]

Seems to be across the board. I can't find a planet on Beautiful Katamari when I see 5 out there to join.

i can't even get in to my xbox profile so i can play cod4 single player.

wtf microsoft? i don't play my xbox in over a month, enjoying ps3 goodness and this is what i come back to? i feel like selling my 360 more then ever.

Sigh ... miserable experience playing COD just now. Couldn't even get through one match without network interuptions.

It's frustrating because Xbox Live is so incorporated into all games (even single player) that a lot of games are affected.

I figured I'd try to play a little Forza 2 career and when it went to upload my times it took nearly two minutes. Talk about turning a positive (Xbox Live integration) into a negative!

[quote name='RudyPants']Sigh ... miserable experience playing COD just now. Couldn't even get through one match without network interuptions.

It's frustrating because Xbox Live is so incorporated into all games (even single player) that a lot of games are affected.

I figured I'd try to play a little Forza 2 career and when it went to upload my times it took nearly two minutes. Talk about turning a positive (Xbox Live integration) into a negative![/quote]

Just unplug the ethernet cable and play offline.

I haven't been able to get into a game all day. I've been patient up until this point, but now I'm starting to get pissed off. This needs to be resolved now.

[quote name='mykevermin']I haven't gone through all of my XBLA games, but Double Dragon appears as if I own it (which I do - or perhaps it is better to say "I paid for it"). When I start a game, though, it asks me if I want to purchase the full game, and it stops after mission 1.

Not a big deal to me as long as it's resolved eventually. In the meantime, you can bet your ass I won't be buying any XBLA games until I can be assured they'll work irrespective of XBL outages or me having to switch consoles.[/quote]

Keep tabs on that... I've been having the same issue with Streets of Rage 2 for about a month now. I'll wait until this Live situation is remedied before I call back up and follow up on what the status is with my game.

If the PS3 online didn't suck so much, I'd consider getting a 40 gigger. Before I sold my PS3 back in Oct. PSN sucked. Is it any better now?

Xbox Live is still extremely slow and matchmaking doesn't work on Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4. Its a real bummer.

Is it just me or has everyones xbox been freezing in the middle of the dashboard when you want to view your friends or something, it froze so bad today that I had to unplug the back to turn it off the button didn't respond

[quote name='hec204']Is it just me or has everyones xbox been freezing in the middle of the dashboard when you want to view your friends or something, it froze so bad today that I had to unplug the back to turn it off the button didn't respond[/QUOTE]
I had that happen yesterday. I waited a few minutes and it unfroze. Give it some time and see if that fixes it.

[quote name='torifile']If the PS3 online didn't suck so much, I'd consider getting a 40 gigger. Before I sold my PS3 back in Oct. PSN sucked. Is it any better now?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed lotsa CoD4 online this weekend. How about you?

[quote name='kevlar51']Keep tabs on that... I've been having the same issue with Streets of Rage 2 for about a month now. I'll wait until this Live situation is remedied before I call back up and follow up on what the status is with my game.[/QUOTE]

So yours started before XBL began acting up? Hmm. Well, not that I wish to spread misery, but as long as I'm not the only one with this problem, there's a slim chance MS may act on it. Best case scenario for me: the free game they offer as an apology for this? Double Dragon. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']
So yours started before XBL began acting up? Hmm. Well, not that I wish to spread misery, but as long as I'm not the only one with this problem, there's a slim chance MS may act on it. Best case scenario for me: the free game they offer as an apology for this? Double Dragon. ;)[/quote]

Yeah, well before it started acting up. If it's like my problem, you'll still be up the creek without a paddle if Double Dragon's free. Marketplace says I've paid for and downloaded Streets of Rage 2. But when I play it, it says it's a trial. Even if I delete it and redownload it, I get the same results. So in other words, it's currently impossible for me to play Streets of Rage 2 on my console. I'm not too terribly upset since it's not a game I play often and I now subscribe to gametap, which has it on there, but I DID pay $5 for the game and I'd like it to work.

[quote name='mykevermin']I enjoyed lotsa CoD4 online this weekend. How about you?
[/QUOTE]

I tried, but was only able to get in a couple of hours as XBL was being a bitch most of the times I tried.

I'm pondering just starting Mass Effect and not bothering with any more CoD4 until I finish that in hopes that MS will get off their assess and have live fixed by then.

[quote name='hec204']Is it just me or has everyones xbox been freezing in the middle of the dashboard when you want to view your friends or something, it froze so bad today that I had to unplug the back to turn it off the button didn't respond[/QUOTE]

Mine has froze 3-4 times already...I had to shut it down...the power button worked , no unplugging for me. Garbage I say!

[quote name='GizmoGC']Lost Planet is running fine now. Is it just a few games now that are having issues?[/QUOTE]

Some times it's all games and even the dashboard down. But Halo 3 and CoD4 seem to have the most issues. Probably because they have by far the most traffic.

I imagine even they are ok now, since it's 2:30 EST on a monday. Problems are generally in peak hours.

[quote name='mykevermin']I enjoyed lotsa CoD4 online this weekend. How about you?[/quote]

I played about 10 hours over the weekend. On the 360. How about you?

bread's done
Back