Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

What people are missing is the mental side to weightloss. If people think it'll help, or if it helps them feel better about themselves, or they believe it can work, or it pushes them over the hump of even thinking about it other than pushing it into the back of their minds, that's more than half the battle.

I cant believe I pulled this one off with my noob skillz:

wiifitfx3.jpg

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I cant believe I pulled this one off with my noob skillz:

wiifitfx3.jpg
[/QUOTE]ha! the board is poised to crush Reggie!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']There we go:
wiifit2li6.jpg

Are you sure the date is still May 19th? Gamestop, Amazon and Gamefaqs all have May 21 now.[/QUOTE]
I see both dates floating around. May 19 at the Nintendo Store in NY for sure. I may update the OP later.

[quote name='dallow']Hehe, will do.

EDIT: When it goes up right?
No official thread yet until a week before probably.[/quote]Was one not started at the Japanese launch?

Maybe this is answered already, but I've seen a lot of screenshots with the fitness chick (the in game chick) performing stretches on a mat. Does this mat come with the game as well, or is it only shown in the game?

Well we managed to come across some hidden wedding money since the move so we pre-ordered at Amazon. I may cancel and change to GS so we don't have to wait for shipping, but we'll see.

Hey gays I has a question. I could probably look this up, but I do need to get to bed in a few minutes :lol:

Actually, 2 questions.
The board. Does the board act as it's own controller, meaning I could turn the Wii on with it? For example, take DDR for Xbox360. The DDR pad = controller. Will the board do this? Or do I turn it on with the remote, and have to plug it into the Wiimote somehow..? I'm pretty sure it's completely wireless, though.

Also, what about batteries? Any word on what kind of battery life this will have? Will it still be 2 AA's?

I'm guessing you have to turn it on and start the game with the remote... unless they translate your leaning into the cursor movement. Which would be awesome and aggravating. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure it's connected to the console on its own via Bluetooth.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I was just at Best Buy and my store has a ton of preorder cards "guaranteeing" that for a $5 deposit you will get Wii Fit on release day. I'm starting to suspect this may not be so hard to find after all. Nintendo now has a better idea of the level of demand for these products, so perhaps some of the US delay was just to build up inventory.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey gays I has a question. I could probably look this up, but I do need to get to bed in a few minutes :lol:

Actually, 2 questions.
The board. Does the board act as it's own controller, meaning I could turn the Wii on with it? For example, take DDR for Xbox360. The DDR pad = controller. Will the board do this? Or do I turn it on with the remote, and have to plug it into the Wiimote somehow..? I'm pretty sure it's completely wireless, though.

Also, what about batteries? Any word on what kind of battery life this will have? Will it still be 2 AA's?[/quote]

Did lilboo just say we're gay? I'm offended. :bomb: Someone had to say something. ummm.... I surprised no one picked up on this.

[quote name='hero101']Did lilboo just say we're gay? I'm offended. :bomb: Someone had to say something. ummm.... I surprised no one picked up on this.[/quote]
I just assumed we all were.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Maybe this is answered already, but I've seen a lot of screenshots with the fitness chick (the in game chick) performing stretches on a mat. Does this mat come with the game as well, or is it only shown in the game?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Yoga mat is sold separately, wouldn't mind it for free though.

Ok with something like We Ski coming out and supporting the balance board..are they selling balance boards alone? If so, are they going to be $40? :shock:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok with something like We Ski coming out and supporting the balance board..are they selling balance boards alone? If so, are they going to be $40? :shock:[/QUOTE]
The balance board is $90. It just happens to come with a free game. ;)

Seriously, though, IIRC you can only have one Balance Board sync'ed to a Wii at any time. So there's no point in buying extras.

--R.J.

Even if you could only use one Board currently, it can be easily remedied in an update. Technically the Wii can support 7 bluetooth devices at once, it just doesn't want to.

Wii Fit was mentioned in this months Men's Fitness. I found that very odd. Though if you go from doing nothing at all and to using Wii Fit everyday, I'm sure you'll get some sort of results.

I pre-ordered my copy today @ Blockbuster. Spending $96 on a game seems a lot less painful when the $96 credit only costs $48 cash.

I'm looking forward to it.

[quote name='Bezerker']I pre-ordered my copy today @ Blockbuster. Spending $96 on a game seems a lot less painful when the $96 credit only costs $48 cash.

I'm looking forward to it.[/quote]
Are all BB's taking preorders on it or is it YMMV? The few I've checked aren't doing it around here - maybe I'll have better luck at a Gamerush.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Have they officially confirmed the weight limit on the US version?

Some folks were saying 300 lbs, others 330 lbs.[/quote]

I saw the promo boxes they have in stores, and it says 330 on it.

what do you guys think is the best place to reserve this at? i know walmart has a 10$ giftcard online only but i wonder how much shipping will be, i have a circuit city gamers card so thats not a bad option either

[quote name='bigscoot4269']what do you guys think is the best place to reserve this at? i know walmart has a 10$ giftcard online only but i wonder how much shipping will be, i have a circuit city gamers card so thats not a bad option either[/quote]
There's a pretty good chance Costco/Sam's Club will have it at a better-than-10% discount.

Sam's Club has a been a good bet for the last 2 big releases (Smash and Kart). But I always say NEVER pre-order something unless you're getting something in return.

[quote name='lilboo']So I wonder if this will be hard to find? :whistle2:k[/quote]
I kind of doubt it - I saw hundreds of pre-order cards at my Best Buy. I suspect Nintendo finally prepared for demand on this one. That's not to say that they don't throttle distribution (because it's good PR), but I suspect that with the price point these will be relatively easy to come across.

[quote name='lilboo']So I wonder if this will be hard to find? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Amazon just sold out of its preorder allotment.

I'm not too worried if I can't get it right away, but I def DO want this. Clearly I am not expecting to pick this up for a cheap price, as it's a Nintendo game and will never drop in price (even after the Wii is dead).

Reggie said a long time ago that they were going to have 1 million for North America, which I presume includes Canadeh. However, Amazon is tapped out on preorders, and EBStop is preordering out their 2nd shipment.

I used the recent buy 2 get 1 free sale + the trade 3 select Wii games to save $60 on Wii Fit for maximum damage.

I bought 3 triplets of games, I'm going to sell the first two to break even or better, and using the 3 free games to save $60.

I do have a hard time believing that its going to sell completely out everywhere on day 1.

Well, I was stupid and canceled my Amazon order to try and get it in the Gold Box deal, and now it's OOS. Bleh. It probably never would have been in my Gold Box anyway, I should have just kept it.

[quote name='VioletArrows']I'm trying to figure out why the big advertising push hasn't started yet. Are they not planning to start until after it's out?[/quote]
It has started - you're likely not the target demographic so you probably haven't seen much advertising. I have seen ads in homemaking magazines, women's magazines, family magazines and fitness magazines. They barely look like ads for games.

[quote name='Snake2715']This is going to be hard to find, at least I am thinking it will be.[/quote]

I had it pre-ordered on Amazon but switched it to the local GS because the wife did not want to wait for shipping. And I wanted to make sure it was here when my family visits over Memorial Weekend.

The guy at my GS (one of the good ones - hard to believe I know) said they wouldn't have a problem fulfilling pre-orders.

My wife decided to leaf through my Nintendo Power with its Wii Fit feature. Looks like she might actually play one of the games I have.

[quote name='Snake2715']This is going to be hard to find, at least I am thinking it will be.[/quote]
i think it may be as well. with sales in europe as big as they are, this might be big. I usually dont think games ever sell out nowadays, but with the hardware included, it might be scarce. this may be another GHIII type sellout.

bread's done
Back