Wii Fit - Gen. Discussion & Info - What's your Fit age?

[quote name='lilboo']I actually want to play that step dancing game. What's it called? That looks fun![/QUOTE]

That's another event that works really well. It's basic (compared to something like DDR) but it seems very similar to a step workout at the gym. It looks like there are a couple of variations to unlock (they're grayed out) but I'm thinking that they are probably just longer routines.

I would've like to see the wii remotes integrated into this though - seems like the perfect event for it.

[quote name='natureboy46']LOL...i'm trying really hard right now to remain calm...need to do more yoga.

At least you're not a United fan. ;)[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

I've got much respect for Liverpool, its Man U I can't stand. Tomorrorow I will be rooting for Chelsea for the first and hopefully last time in my life.

[quote name='DirtRoadSport']Tomorrorow I will be rooting for Chelsea for the first and hopefully last time in my life.[/QUOTE]

That makes two of us.

Any ideas on what 24-hour walmarts are doing? I'm in Western New York and am thinking of giving it a shot at midnight. Worth it or no?

You know, I wasn't the slightest bit interested in this.

But, I do have graduation money just sitting here. Some of that stuff sounds like fun. I may just end up going out and buying this tonight.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Do any of the exercises focus on the glutes? My ass needs the most work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the yoga and the strength training both feature exercises that work the glutes.

For what it's worth my glutes are sore, after just two days of using WiiFit - I really think it's like any exercise program in that you only get out what you put in. Do the exercises properly and you'll feel it but if you half-ass it (pardon the pun) then you won't.

I just got shipping notification with an expected delivery of tomorrow. The site seemed to have me in with the second shipment (first week of June) so this is a pleasant surprise. I also opted for Super Saver Shipping, so I'm a little doubtful of it actually appearing tomorrow.

I had this preordered at best buy, but bought it a BJ's after work today. So far it is really fun. I only got to play for around 45 minutes so far. Well worth the $$$.

Jogging is really fun. I had Dick Cheney and Hitler cheering me on together. Jesus and Ron Jeremy also were cheering me on together. Some nice combinations there.

I confirmed today with local Target and Best Buy that both already have their stock and will have them ready when they open tomorrow. I flipped some Target clearance at Blockbuster and the very nice clerk said that if I show up five minutes before opening time he will let me have the one copy they are getting. He also told me to bring a bib and glasses, which was a little weird, but hey - Wii Fit!

My Wii Fit age is 36. And I'm 29. I played some more tonight and did much better after getting used to the balance board. I love the tightrope.

[quote name='nubirdman']Any ideas on what 24-hour walmarts are doing? I'm in Western New York and am thinking of giving it a shot at midnight. Worth it or no?[/QUOTE]

My local 24hr wally is ready to start selling at 12:01am...give yours a call?

I'm going to go up to Target tomorrow morning at like 7, they open at 8 and try to get a copy. I called and they said they would have them at open, so I am sure they will have them in stock.

Just got back from picking it up at Wal-Mart. We're a bit out of the way here, but I guarantee that they sold through at least 20-25 of them by 12:30am, with people buying multiples (mainly old women).

When I left, I overheard that they only had one or two more boxes (that have two WiiFit each) in the back.

Dear god, I know the joke is played out, but really... Nintendo may as well be printing money.

I hope Wii Fit doesn't turn out to be insane to find like the Wii :whistle2:k

I doubt it, as it may be hard for the next few shipments but I can see this easily being available during the summer. Anyone else agree or am I kiddin myself?

Picked one up at Wal-Mart just now, they had about 20 at my store. Got it as a birthday gift for my girlfriend so I won't see it in action 'till Friday, but I'm looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='lilboo']I hope Wii Fit doesn't turn out to be insane to find like the Wii :whistle2:k

I doubt it, as it may be hard for the next few shipments but I can see this easily being available during the summer. Anyone else agree or am I kiddin myself?[/quote]
Are you cheapassing it? If not, if I can talk my way into an extra either at Blockbuster or Best Buy or Target tomorrow, do you want one? You're on the other side of the country from me, so as long as you let me know before 7:30 am PST or so, I might be able to snag a full price one from Target or Best Buy.
I think it will be hard to find, but not impossible. It's kind of like Guitar Hero III was; in demand, but contigent on people already owning a Wii.

I went to Walmart at 11:30 to grab some stuff and there was a line of 20 people waiting for Wii Fit. We got in line last and grabbed 3 Wii Fits and 1 Wii. There was 3 Wii Fits out of 30 left.

Just got back from wally midnite release with mine...almost missed out, since there were no signs and the line was on the opposite end of the store from the electronics dept! Anyways, there were 32 wii fits and about 35-40 people in line, so they limited it to 1 per family.

Needless to say, they sold out...I can see this being hard to come by if you don't pick it up on launch day or try to wait until the weekend (there's already jackasses on craigslist trying to sell this for $125-150, lol).

I got it because, honestly, I've pretty much become a whore for everything Nintendo releases lately. They haven't screwed much up with the Wii (with respect to what they actually do), so I figured it would be good.

Turns out I could afford to lose a few pounds.

In my 20 minutes or so, it was a lot of fun. Will be looking forward to trying some of the actual exercises tomorrow.

*reads above responses*

Dammit. Seriously? Selling out at midnight?

I already waited some combined 24 hours in the freezing cold for systems the past two Christmases. I don't want to have to do that again, only this time, it being hotter than hell, unless this remains hard-to-find until Christmas again.

Wow you guys are having a completely different experience than me. I decided to go ahead and hit Walmart because I was getting nervous. My boyfriend and I got there at 11:30 pm and we were the only ones there! An older couple (think 50+) showed up like 5 minutes later. By midnight there was just one more couple. So between the 6 of us they sold 4.

I was thinking about getting another one, but I really didn't want to deal with all the hastle.

[quote name='mephitical']Are you cheapassing it? If not, if I can talk my way into an extra either at Blockbuster or Best Buy or Target tomorrow, do you want one? You're on the other side of the country from me, so as long as you let me know before 7:30 am PST or so, I might be able to snag a full price one from Target or Best Buy.
I think it will be hard to find, but not impossible. It's kind of like Guitar Hero III was; in demand, but contigent on people already owning a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I'll probably just wait around to see if I can get one. $90 already kinda sucks, so I much rather get it in stores w/o payin fuckin shippin :lol: (Unless its Amazon because I have Prime)

Just checked practically every website and they are now all sold out online. It's weird, because there's not even a "Tell me when it's in stock" feature on some. They don't even give you the option to see if it's available in their store :whistle2:k

[quote name='jbuck138']My Wii Fit age is 36. And I'm 29. I played some more tonight and did much better after getting used to the balance board. I love the tightrope.[/QUOTE]

I'm 33 and my WiiFit age was 37...my wife, who is five months pregnant, just did the body test and she has a WiiFit age of 23 (she's 32). Man, do I feel fat and useless now.

[quote name='natureboy46']I'm 33 and my WiiFit age was 37...my wife, who is five months pregnant, just did the body test and she has a WiiFit age of 23 (she's 32). Man, do I feel fat and useless now.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='natureboy46']I'm 33 and my WiiFit age was 37...my wife, who is five months pregnant, just did the body test and she has a WiiFit age of 23 (she's 32). Man, do I feel fat and useless now.[/quote]
Ouch!

Wow, this thing is selling out at midnight???

Guess my chances of scoring it today are pretty damned slim then.

i'm hoping to find one for my wife...she's excited about it. only two weeks before our baby is due so this will help her get back in shape (or so she hopes). missed out on a preorder so i'll just cross my fingers to see one in store at some point

I would get it today, but girlfriend is a typical female and couldn't control her finances so I had to bail her out of dilly of a pickle.

So no Wii Fit for me until she can pay me back.

Got back from Best Buy and used the $10 off coupon. While standing in line, one of the sales kids comes over and makes sure I know that the "system comes with 4 games". I figured he was referring to the console with Wii Sports. But no, he was talking about "Strength Training" and "Yoga". Oy.

He also tried to sell me rechargable batteries and a mat because the board "may become slippery over time."

I went by 2 Walmarts this morning on my way to work at 7:00 - 7:30, and didn't see it at either one. I didn't even see a spot for them to display it.

Went to my Best Buy at 10am, and there was a line of about 15 people ahead of me. Needless to say, they sold out before I got one. However, I drove to Circuit City and got one of the 7 that were left at 10:15am.

I scored mine this morning at wal mart. Got there at 6:30 for the 7:00 opening not one person waiting outside the store. 6:50 a few people show up go in and when they let us in they don't even have them out yet! Store Manager was going into the back to haul them out. A total of 6 of us in line. 3 of us bought one and the other 3 bought 2 each. They brought out 5 cases (2 in a case) but the guy said he had some more in back but couldn't fit them all in the carriage? How many who knows? I walked out of there at 7:15 after the other 2 people in front of me checked out.

My Target had 100 this morning. I showed up right at 8am and ended up being about #20 and getting one no problem. I still have one that I need to pick up at Blockbuster, and then I need to solve the dilemma of do I sell my extra at cost to someone local (it's WAY too heavy for me to deal with shipping it), or do I join the ranks of the craigslist resellers.

Just hearing some of this, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold through their entire first shipment today. Yikes.

Also, my Fit Age is 39. Yeah, that didn't make me happy. At least I'm in the normal weight range, though. :lol:

I'm just going to wait until they flood the market from people who've given up on trying to use it as their only means of exercise, yet strangely aren't seeing any results.

Just picked up my pre-order at Best Buy. The cashier claimed that the $10 coupon didn't work for Wii Fit because "it's a game and accessory(!)" and that she had tried it earlier that morning. I lied to her and said that "my friend" just bought one with the coupon this morning at another Best Buy and asked her to try scanning it. It worked. I'm happy...

-- N

I would have got one this morning with the 10 dollar bestbuy coupon but my printer is broken and my car is at the shop getting 1200 dollars worth of work done on it.:bomb: Can't wait for some SSX with the balance board or maybe some dbz action flying on Nimbus.

Picked one up at a local Best Buy at 10:00 AM. With the $10 off coupon. They still had a dozen or so on a table right past the entrance.

My wife went to Target at about 10 minutes after they opened and had no problems picking Wii Fit up. She did say she saw a lot of them in shopping carts though. She said they still had plenty at 9:00am when she left.

I got mine at best buy with $10 of coupon. I was 8th in line. There were about 10-15 people behind me. Anybody have an opinion of wii ski, I did not pick it up.

Costco was essentially a $10 coupon, as they had it for $79.99 in Northern Virginia. I showed up shortly after opening, I'd guess they had about 40 out on the floor, and even just by 10 minutes after opening, about 15 were off the display.

Went to the Best Buy in Eugene, OR today at 9:55am. I was 15th in line, although they just opened the door and let people scramble for them. I casually grabbed one after all the older people in front of me finished the frenzy, strolled to customer service to return GTA IV (PS3) which I got by "exchanging" Condemned 2 at Wal-Mart (which I got from Game Crazy for $34.99) for the original price I paid for my original copy of GTAIV ($53.99 after 10% off coupon). Only cost me $26 more on my debit card as I had a $10 off coupon (Wii Fit only $79.99) and now I can start getting in shape lol.

GTA IV, $34.99
Wii Fit, $79.99
Getting in Shape, Priceless

Just picked mines up this morning @ Gamestop...no hassle

Just for fun, I checked eBay...man they're getting flipped for at least $50 profit

bread's done
Back