Wii launch titles: which are you getting?

Trauma Center
Legend of Zelda: TP
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball

No WarioWare? Isnt that game pretty much finished?

Legend of Zelda: TP (getting the Cube version, too)
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel (after I hear some reviews....I'm not sure that it's fufilling it's potential)
Dragon Quest Swords
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center
Rayman

I'll probably need to...trim a couple of those off the list, due to cash constraints, but that's what I want.

There's probably gonna be more than that available, but...

Zelda
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Trauma Center
WarioWare should be a launch title

Will need to see impressions/reviews closer to launch to see about:
DQ Swords
Elebits
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (follow-up to X-Men Legends)
Metal Slug Anthology

Any of the others might end up surprising me, particularly Madden and Tony Hawk. Let's hope Nintendo gets a ton of games loaded into the demo kiosks.

[quote name='evilmax17']The link:
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/709/709258p1.html

The list:
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Madden 2007
Dragon Quest Swords
Super Monkey Ball
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center
Elebits
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Blitz: The League
Rayman
Spongebob
Disney's Cars[/QUOTE]

Wii Sports (packaged?)
Zelda
Elebits (perhaps)
Metroid (probably after a price drop)

Dragon Quest Swords
Trauma Center
Elebits

I plan on getting all those at some point. But I think I'll only get LoZ and DQ at launch.

I wonder if when they say 'available for launch', they mean launch period rather than day 1. Even though thats not up to the 20 or so that Harrison said there would be, that seems like a strong launch to me. I have an extreme problem with buying games at full price, so I guess it depends on what Frys has on sale during that time.

Edit: I thought EA had already stated that the Wii iteration of Madden at least at the current time, does not have the 200X tacked on it.

Wow... that's too many great titles !!!

Legend of Zelda: TP (i'll switch my GC to WII version)
Dragon Quest Swords (Finally, I can paly Dragon Quest w/ Wiimote)
Metal Slug Anthology (No one can't stop me)
Trauma Center (Must BUY)

It'll keep me bussy for 2 months ;)

If those are the launch titles, it's going to be Nintendo's best launch to date.

I'll probably get zelda, metroid, monkeyball, metal slug, elebits, and maybe trauma center.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Edit: I thought EA had already stated that the Wii iteration of Madden at least at the current time, does not have the 200X tacked on it.[/quote]
Yeah they did, but at E3 it was labeled as Madden 2007. It's still don't think that's the official name though.

Since this is primarily going to be the "kiddos" system in the house:

Zelda
Wii Sports
and my 8 year old loves Tony Hawk, but I'll probably wait for reviews first for Downhill Jam.
We'll be getting the Marvel game for the 360.

My son is totally stoked about Mario Galaxy, though(I am too).

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Dragon Quest Swords
Super Monkey Ball
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center
Elebits
Rayman
Spongebob

several of these will need to be cut off the list. there is no way i will be able to afford all of them, but here's hoping...:D

I thought ExciteTrucks would be a launch title.

I want that. :cry:

Of the ones on that list I'd want Zelda, Red Steel and Rayman.

I could see myself getting the following

Zelda (Obviously.... will the Wii version also support Gamecube controller play?)
Wario Ware
Metroid
Trauma Center
Metal Slug Anthology
Red Steel

[quote name='ShimSham']I thought ExciteTrucks would be a launch title.

I want that. :cry:

Of the ones on that list I'd want Zelda, Red Steel and Rayman.[/QUOTE]
They left off a few that we anticipate will be launch titles but haven't been officially announced as such, Excite Truck being one of those.

Just remember everyone, even if you assume a $250 price for the barebones console, you can get 7 games before you're up to the PS3 price ;)

Put me down for

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Madden 2007
Dragon Quest Swords
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center
Elebits

For sure:
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Super Monkey Ball

Maybes:
Red Steel
Dragon Quest Swords
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center

I'm sure Nintendo will put out SOMETHING else at launch...3 games doesn't seem like enough for some reason. Maybe Wario Ware?

Youre forgetting Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles which SE confirmed as a launch title at E3

As for me:
Zelda
Dragon Quest
Trauma Center

Those are the 3 ill get for sure and then maybe ill wait on price drops for the rest.

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports (only if pack-in)
Trauma Center
Elebits

The only other one that's a maybe is Super Monkey Ball because I LOVE the first two games but I am afraid of losing the necessary precision by moving to motion control...

Hopefully there will be a couple more at launch that I want, but from that list I want:

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
Trauma Center
Elebits

Maybe:

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Metal Slug Anthology

Now what I actually get will depend on how much money I have set aside :p. Hopefully I'll have at least $500 to spend so if the Wii is $250 that's 5 games as well (without tax and if they're $50).

From that list definitely

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Trauma Center

and maybe

Red Steel
Madden 2007
Elebits

metroid prime 3
red steel
tony hawk (maybe)

i cant see myself paying for more than 2 games at launch. i dont have enough money to spend and even if i did i still wouldnt buy more than 2 games. you guys are crazy!!!!!!

remember about the virtual console!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get at least Zelda, I'm sure it will be a high quality game, plus Zelda at launch is perfect. The others I want, well I may need some reviews, gotta be careful.

Dragon Quest Swords
Trauma Center
Elebits

Looking most forward to Elebits, since I can huck crap around a room with the wiimote! ;)

Defs are:
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports

Depending on budget and reviews:
Red Steel
Madden 2007
Trauma Center

Eventually:
Dragon Quest Swords
Elebits
Rayman

[quote name='javeryh']Legend of Zelda: TP
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports (only if pack-in)
Trauma Center
Elebits

The only other one that's a maybe is Super Monkey Ball because I LOVE the first two games but I am afraid of losing the necessary precision by moving to motion control...[/quote]

Actually, if you listened to CheapyD's second E3 podcast, he said that the Wiimote actually worked the best with Monkey Ball. I've read that other places as well. I wonder if you hold the Wiimote sideways (like for Excite Truck) or what?

Definitely:

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Super Monkey Ball
Metal Slug Anthology
Elebits
Rayman

Possibly:

Red Steel
Trauma Center

I will eventually get most of them, but at Launch, I will probably only get Zelda and probably Madden.

I used to buy a new football game (either 2k or Madden) every year, but I have not bought one in like 3 years now.

Cripes...If all of these titles are, in fact, available the day of launch (which, we must remember, hasn't even been announced yet), I think it's easily the best launch selection of any console ever.

If money is no object, I'll take:

Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Super Monkey Ball
Elebits

Zelda
Metroid Prime 3
Wii Sports
Trauma Center
Elebits
Rayman
FF:CC (Someone says Square confirmed it as a launch title)

Wow... that is a damn good launch selection.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Hey, where's Duck Hunt on that list ??

:lol:[/quote]

They probably need more development time -- may not be ready in time for launch. ;)

[quote name='guessed']They probably need more development time -- may not be ready in time for launch. ;)[/QUOTE]

You scoff, but it takes a long time to render a laughing dog.

Zelda :TP
Metroid Prime 3
Wario Ware if it makes it
And Wii sports if they pack it in.

I know it's wierd, but I usually only buy Nintendo games on Nintendo's systems.

That is a nice list. Zelda ia a no-brainer. Metroid is up there, but not a priority unless it comes with a free gift with pre-order. Trauma Center will be in my grubby hands. Wii Sports will make it if the price is right. Can I get the Orchestra game? Maybe it'll come packaged in some way or form?

Definitely gettting:

Zelda TP
Metroid Prime 3

Need to read impressions/reviews before committing to:

Trauma Center
Dragon Quest

The rest I can wait on for a price drop.

I will be getting:
Wii Sports
Metroid Prime 3
Metal Slug Anthology
Elebits
Rayman

Waiting for reviews on:
Red Steel
Zelda
Trauma Center
FF: CC

Metroid Prime 3
Elebits
Wii Sports
Twilight Princess
Dragon Quest Swords (yay-yeah!)

Mayber Super Monkey Ball and Trauma Center. Depends how much I blow on accessories at launch.

Will definitely get as soon as possible:
Super Monkey Ball

Will definitely get eventually:
Red Steel
Metroid Prime 3
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (unless it gets awful reviews)
Madden Wii

May get cheap:
Wii Sports
Metal Slug Anthology
Trauma Center
Elebits

none. nintendo sucks. sike! seriously. i'll probably wait a year before i buy this system. i own a console from each of the big three, but nintendo is last on the list. i always wait for nintendo's prices to fall because i play them the least.

Absolutely going to get on launch day:
Dragon Quest Swords
Trauma Center
Elebits

Waiting for a price drop:
Super Monkey Ball
Metal Slug Anthology
Rayman

Waiting for Reviews:
Red Steel (looks awesome, but I have a bad feeling that it's going to dissapoint)

I wasn't sure about Trauma Center at first (I'm finding the DS version a bit too difficult) but the ability to use the Wiimote and the Nunchuk as a pair of defibrillator paddles completely sold me on it. I can't wait to scream "CLEAR!!!" at my TV screen while smacking around my controllers like an idiot.:lol:

Well, if I do end up getting one then I'd probably end up picking up Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 and something else. But Zelda and Metroid are both systme sellers to me. I can't wait for both of them.

Super Monkey Ball
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Madden 2007 (EA has made an effort.. they'll get my money this time)
Red Steel
Wii Sports
Rayman
Excite Truck (if available)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (if available)

maybe:

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Pangya golf (if Wii is region free or if it launches in the US too)

so.. yeah.. it is looking pretty full for me.. :D

[quote name='thagoat']none. nintendo sucks. sike! seriously. i'll probably wait a year before i buy this system. i own a console from each of the big three, but nintendo is last on the list. i always wait for nintendo's prices to fall because i play them the least.[/QUOTE]

I'm opposite as I feel they need to be supported the most, as they are in most danger and without them best gameplay and innovations would go out window. Still its too early to say what I be getting. Most games claiming to be launch titles seemd quite early or where no shows at E3 so I wait until we really know what is launching around wii.

According to a mailbag response from Matt Cassamina on IGN, Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy is still in play as a launch title. They're not holding their breath and neither am I, but it's worth noting.

I think even if it is ready in time, Nintendo would sit on it for a few months just to pad the release schedule. They don't want to release all the big titles up front only to have nothing new on the shelves for six months.

[quote name='Tybee']According to a mailbag response from Matt Cassamina on IGN, Miyamoto says Super Mario Galaxy is still in play as a launch title. They're not holding their breath and neither am I, but it's worth noting.

I think even if it is ready in time, Nintendo would sit on it for a few months just to pad the release schedule. They don't want to release all the big titles up front only to have nothing new on the shelves for six months.[/QUOTE]
I'd almost say swap it with Metroid Prime 3 if it were ready. Nothing beats getting a Nintendo console with a new Mario.

bread's done
Back