Wii Pre Orders going on now at GameCrazy

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just got back from my local gamecrazy, with a paid in full pre order for the Wii!!! This started today and nobody knew about it til this morning! Store manager said they were getting 12-15 units allocated for pre orders(guaranteed spots), the others would be 1st come 1st served. Get out and get one now!

I stopped by gamecrazy in milwaukee here today that I used to work for, and one of the employees asked me if I was coming by tomorrow to pre-order a Wii.. I had no idea what he was talking about because I was told that they had already taken about 40 pre-orders. Apparently only 5 of those people put cash down.

So I put my $50 down and he said tomorrow when the "official" pre-orders start, they'll give me a call and I'll be added to the list. About 6th or 7th in line. Pretty decent for a month before launch to be able to be that high on the list. I don't know if this is true for all gamecrazy stores, but apparently tomorrow is the big day when they are getting store allocation numbers, and can officially enter the Wii as a pre-order item. Might be worth a shot to try gamecrazy, it's a smaller chain and less popular.

I was also told that gamecrazy is NOT taking pre-orders for the PS3 and his opinion was that they'd be lucky to get one unit into the store(if any) at launch.

hmm..I called the 2 near me and one stated they did pre-orders about a week ago whereas the other one said they were in the process of setting it up and to call back one week from now. Seems like you just got lucky.

[quote name='lawdood']9/20 ?[/quote]Probably meant 10/20. But it was my understanding they started pre-orders ages ago. Some stated they were official, others said they were not. Mine wasn't official so I just took my money back in September; even though I was 2nd on their "list."

[quote name='jamezuva']hmm..I called the 2 near me and one stated they did pre-orders about a week ago whereas the other one said they were in the process of setting it up and to call back one week from now. Seems like you just got lucky.[/quote]

I'm a HUGE gamecrazy customer in my district so maybe they were playing favorites. I hope you guys can all get in on this one.

I think that stores may have been taking money and "interest" for a while now, but tomorrow is when the actual Wii hardware item is in inventory and they will know how many they're getting.

My GameCrazy was taking pre-orders on the Wii & PS3 back after E3. They already had like 30-40 at least for each system (obviously they won't be able to fulfill them) when I asked about it months ago.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Qualifies for the free 12 rentals @ Hollywood video, right? Tempting...[/quote]

You betcha!:bouncy:

Just got off the phone with my friend that works at Game Crazy, this is what he told me -

Pre-ordering a Wii doesn't guarantee you one of the first shipments. Pre-ordering a Wii, a pile of accessories and a pile of games will bump you up on the list. The people who have the most items pre-ordered will be the ones who get a Wii on launch day.

Wii pre-orders are going on right now at Game Crazy (10/9/06), so if you plan to be a slave to the system and needlessly preorder a dozen games and accessories to guarantee a Wii, then Game Crazy is your next stop. $50 deposit on the system, $5 per game and accessory.

corporate policy is if they even hint at showing preferential treatment to those who buy more stuff or bundles is not allowed and should be reported immediately to corporate or the district manager.

also, anybody know how their return policy works if I don't buy into the warranty?

btw, a local manager told me the exact same thing about purchasing a bundle...he said "you have to look at it from a business point of view. who would you sell to?" to which i responded "first you say first come first serve and then you pull that shit? what a croc." i reported him to corporate and also to the district manager. next thing you know the store manager called me and apologized for the mixup. i think the district manager was on speakerphone with him while he did so.

The truth of the GameCrazy Wii/PS3 Preorder.

I had a meeting with my manager, district manager, Regional manager and the Vice president of operations yesterday, no joke it was a crazy meeting. They came to check out my store, we ended up talking about the Wii for an hour.

1. Employees are NOT allowed to preorder... I'm not kidding. Employees will be allowed to preorder from the second shipment, again I'm not joking. IF you find out that employees have preordered then ask to talk to their DM.
2. The preorders are $50 and must be made in person with either store credit or cash.
3. If you are the first to preorder than you get the first one, you don't have to preorder 4 controllers, and 10 games to get to the top of the list if you preordered first than YOU ARE FIRST.
4. We just got the SKU in today (10/19/06) if you got a "pre-order" before that day it was not a REAL preorder, this also goes for the PS3 if you have a preorder it means NOTHING. You should talk to the store and then ask to talk to the District Manager about your "preorder".
5. All systems (new and USED) come with 12 Free rentals, all preordered games come with rent 1 get 1 coupons.
6. The service contract for the Wii will be $29.99, the service contract for the PS3 will be $39.99.
7. There will be NO preorders on the PS3 it is first come first serve on 11/17. This is because of the small amount that each store will be receiving.

Any other questions just ask.

So my "pre-order" I made is meaningless now? This is fucking bullshit.
Note: I just called them and they said they start tomorrow. So I guess I have to go and pre-order again.

[quote name='Scrubsy']So my "pre-order" I made is meaningless now? This is fucking bullshit.
Note: I just called them and they said they start tomorrow. So I guess I have to go and pre-order again.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to say it but yes it is meaningless because you can only preorder something that we have in the system.

They ring it as a cash deposit, then type in "Wii Preorder". Does it say CA DEP? Because if so, that's not a real preorder.

I preordered a ps3 system back in november and they called me today saying that they probably wont have enough to fulfill all their orders and in order to get bumped up you need to preorder things. The guy also told me that the $600 PS3 will only play games in 1080p and nothing below lol. I tried explaining to him it plays everything.

[quote name='briansraregames']My receipt has the description as:

GM-WII-SPORTS BUNDLE[/QUOTE]
Thanks, for writing that I should have put that in my first post. It must say that on your receipt for it to be legit. BTW talking to the DM usually means that the "friend" at you gamecrazy that gave you that early preorder will be fired.

ha! i adore gamecrazy, such a ridiculously inconsistent group of people.

gamecrazy #1: "you taking wii pre-orders?" "no, no one in our company is"
gamecrazy #2: "you taking wii pre-orders?" "yes"

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ha! i adore gamecrazy, such a ridiculously inconsistent group of people.

gamecrazy #1: "you taking wii pre-orders?" "no, no one in our company is"
gamecrazy #2: "you taking wii pre-orders?" "yes"[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry for GameCrazy #1 they didn't get the memo literally.

[quote name='Cloudy Wolf']btw, a local manager told me the exact same thing about purchasing a bundle...he said "you have to look at it from a business point of view. who would you sell to?" to which i responded "first you say first come first serve and then you pull that shit? what a croc." i reported him to corporate and also to the district manager. next thing you know the store manager called me and apologized for the mixup. i think the district manager was on speakerphone with him while he did so.[/QUOTE]

too bad nothing probably happened to the manager. when something similar happened at our store, my manager was told to call and apologize and then everyone, including the district and REGIONAL managers spent the next few weeks making up jokes about the customer. :lol:

hmm, should i preorder a wii...i was planning on just walking into toys r us and grabbing one the day it comes out?

My Gamecrazy admits the Wii is now "in the system", but won't take any orders until there is a price listed and associated with that listing. Sounds like the 2x daily phone calls start tomorrow...

I was called by the manager today after having called yesterday since my preorder wasnt legit. Its legit now, I'm #1, but he said it wouldnt be valid unless I came in and preordered 2 games and 1 accessory at least. bah.

I was at my local Gamecrazy today in Wilmington, CA... To the shock of the clerk the wii was able to be preordered . I was lucky enough to be the first person to preorder the system :) . He had told me that GS had started on Wednesday but that their system did not allow them to take preorders 'till late Thursday night. He did mention something about preordering the PS3 :bouncy: but since GC was so much smaller than GS/EB that they were not sure when it would happen. :drool:

They ARE taking preorders here in AZ... my local Gamecrazy, one of the largest in the area (I didn't realize they had small and large shops until about a month ago), is getting a whopping 7 systems at launch... they were already all spoken for when I went in today.

[quote name='shadowknight']They ARE taking preorders here in AZ... my local Gamecrazy, one of the largest in the area (I didn't realize they had small and large shops until about a month ago), is getting a whopping 7 systems at launch... they were already all spoken for when I went in today.[/quote]
I went to one in Tempe and was 1st in the system. I need to go back tomorrow to confirm Im actually getting one at launch. I wonder this because they took that stupid pre-pre-order list and I was 13 on that one.

[quote name='davidbaca']I was at my local Gamecrazy today in Wilmington, CA... To the shock of the clerk the wii was able to be preordered . I was lucky enough to be the first person to preorder the system :) . He had told me that GS had started on Wednesday but that their system did not allow them to take preorders 'till late Thursday night. He did mention something about preordering the PS3 :bouncy: but since GC was so much smaller than GS/EB that they were not sure when it would happen. :drool: [/QUOTE]
GAMECRAZY IS NOT TAKING PS3 PREORDERS, I talked to the vice president of operations two days ago. I work at GameCrazy 135794 Forest Park, Ohio. The PS3 will be first come first serve on 11/17.

My Gamecrazy admits the Wii is now "in the system", but won't take any orders until there is a price listed and associated with that listing. Sounds like the 2x daily phone calls start tomorrow...

If it's in the system, it has a price. I think he was just trying to save a spot for someone else.

Im sorry this is off topic but anyone know the trade in value for a gamecube at Gamecrazy, Ebgames and Gamestop?

Also do we need the original box and instructions cause im missing mine......want to trade in the cube for a wii....

[quote name='JokerCard']Im sorry this is off topic but anyone know the trade in value for a gamecube at Gamecrazy, Ebgames and Gamestop?

Also do we need the original box and instructions cause im missing mine......want to trade in the cube for a wii....[/quote]

I think you get 50, is in another thread, for gamestop and ebgames

I just at Gamecrazy today reserving the Wii, I'm number 9 in line. (-_-); I don't even want a Wii that much or have the money for it... I just gave into peer pressure I guess... :/

But they told me you get 30 for a NGC, since they were according to the manager 'unmovable'.

i didn't read the whole thread (so don't bash me if someone made this clear already) but as a GC employee, yes we are taking pre orders on wii, each store should know how many they're getting. our store is getting a guarantee of 7 (all are pre ordered with early deposits and employees), it could be more though. basically those deposits taken like last year for the wii SHOULD be moved to an official pre order but the stores ARE NOT required to do so. if you did a deposit (an un-official pre order) then depending on the manager, they might not run it through as an official pre order and forget all about you. so i would check back if you made an unofficial deposit.

it seems like certain stores are maing up their own rules... such as...

-pre ordering more games and acc. to bump you up on the list is bull. they can totally do it if the manager wants to but it's not corporate rules.

one rule was do not take more pre orders on wii then youhave been told (in our stores case 7). it seems some stores are taking second shipment pre orders... which from the letter we got says we're not supposed to do.

technically they can ignore any unofficial pre order deposits if they feel like it.

well, called mine yesterday and some assclown named nathan took my name and number. said they were supposed to take preorders yesterday and that he would call me the instant they started. i realize now he was full of shit or he just didn't bother to call a customer. oh well, i guess he just won't get a comission from. i've had nothing but bad customer service every time i just step into a game crazy. it always reminds me of why i don't do business with them.:cry:

I already pre'd mine from EB/GS and im 6th of 7 @ the one here in Sacramento. I got a call today saying they were pre'ing @ GC and that i was on the 'to call' list. I got there around 6pm and since I was #2 on teh call list, I'm #2 to get my console and now guarenteed (words of the stores GM) to get mine @ 1201 sunday morning :D I actually couldn't be happier w/ the local Gamecrazy's customer service in Roseville and surrounding areas.

I've offered my preorder to friends and family for 1:1 what I'm paying. I don't see this really being an ebayer's market for wii.

HH360

bread's done
Back