Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

It's funny, Mystic Quest is supposed to be the "easy" one, but I could never beat it. It was possible to miss the Life spell, I missed it, and I couldn't get lucky enough to beat the last boss without it.

The full article for today:

Download Classic Fantasy and Fresh Challenges for Nintendo Systems

2010-10-18

It's been nearly two decades since FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST first thrilled audiences on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Now, thanks to the Virtual Console service, Wii owners can enjoy this classic adventure all over again. Meanwhile, the latest additions to the WiiWare service include ThruSpace, a remarkable puzzle game that challenges players to think quickly under pressure while vying for sky-high scores. New offerings on the Nintendo DSiWare service will put hand-held gamers' strategic mettle to the test, whether they're shooting blocks from a UFO to complete picture puzzles in Snapdots or commanding a massive aircraft carrier in Armada. Browse, download and let the fun begin!

Virtual Console
FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST
Original platform: Super NES
Publisher: Square Enix
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Return to a time of classic action and adventure. Young Benjamin embarks on a quest to reclaim the stolen crystals that are the key to balancing the four elements of the world. Experience this treasured Super NES game on the Wii system and save the world once more!

WiiWare
ThruSpace
Publisher: Nintendo
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Description: ThruSpace is an exciting puzzle game in which you move and rotate an object called a keydron through gaps in walls. Putting your keydron through a gap earns you points, but mastering this ability allows you to perform combos (picking up pairs of crystals simultaneously) and tricks (rotating the keydron so that its shadow covers all of the gap before passing through it), which are key to achieving high scores. Refine your skills in multiple game modes (Normal, Endless and Trick Challenge), brush up on the rules in Keydron Tutorial, or watch replay data in Keydron Memories. As the game progresses, the number of available keydrons, backgrounds, stages and levels will increase. If you have a broadband Internet connection, you can register your high scores on the leaderboard via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and compare scores with other ThruSpace players. This game is easy to play but difficult to master. Do you have the skills and reflexes necessary to overcome the increasingly complex challenges of ThruSpace?

Happy Holidays Halloween
Publisher: 505 Games
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Create and send fun Halloween cards! Use your imagination and dress your character in different costumes, then decorate the card choosing a background, music and lots of stickers. Using the Wii Remote controller, you can easily navigate through the different menus and add stickers in the position and size of your choice. Once the card is finished, write a personal note and send it to your friends.

Nintendo DSiWare
Snapdots
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Welcome to Snapdots! Complete dozens of puzzle pictures by rotating the puzzle to find the best angle and shooting blocks from your UFO. If the placement isn't quite right, use the UFO to retrieve blocks and shoot them in different spots. Adding to the challenge, puzzles often contain several types of blocks and spots, each with its own characteristics. Journey to multiple planets to tackle puzzles individually in Puzzle mode, or try to clear as many puzzles as you can within a time limit in the frenetic Time Attack mode. In either mode, strategy and action combine to create a classic puzzle game that definitely hits the spot.

Armada
Publisher: Zoo Games, Inc.
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Violence
Description: Armada puts you in command of a military aircraft carrier. It's up to you to safely land and refuel fighters, bombers and medical helicopters. Avoid deadly collisions, battle turbulent weather conditions and engage the enemy. With your reputation on the line and lives at stake, you'll need quick thinking and smart strategies in order to protect and direct the military aircraft to safety. If you aren't careful, enemies will surround your carrier and sabotage your mission. Take control and prove yourself a hero!

Academy: Tic-Tac-Toe
Publisher: Gamelion
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: One of the world's most famous pen-and-paper game for two players can now be in your pocket wherever you go. If there's no one around to play the game with you, don't worry: skillful AI players will gladly play with you in any of the four Tic-Tac-Toe variants available. If a single 3-by-3 playing field makes you claustrophobic, try the new Nine Board mode that adds a nice twist and more strategic depth to the game. Prove you're a worthy Tic-Tac-Toe player by entering the Tic-Tac-Toe League and advancing from the initial School Club League, through Academic, City, National and World Leagues, all the way up to the Super Stars League. Claim the top spot and become the Tic-Tac-Toe champ!

Music on: Playing Piano
Publisher: Abylight
Description: Playing the piano has never been so easy and so much fun! This new collection of 15 popular songs allows you to enjoy a complete musical experience even if you have no prior knowledge of the piano. Notes transformed into rectangles appear over the piano keys to show you where, when and how to play them. The song speed increases depending on the game's level. Music on: Playing Piano is an easy and intuitive game that will challenge your auditory and visual coordination.

This week's PR:
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NEW BIT.TRIP FATE AMONG DOWNLOADABLE TREATS FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS

Oct. 25, 2010

Wanna treat yourself to some new games? There's no trick to it. Just visit the Wii Shop Channel or Nintendo DSi Shop to browse and download hundreds of instantly enjoyable games for Wii™ and Nintendo DSi™ systems. The latest additions to the WiiWare™ service include BIT.TRIP FATE, a new entry in the acclaimed series that blends retro aesthetics with modern gaming thrills. New for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service, Go! Go! Island Rescue! invites you to endure a disaster-laden vacation, while GO Series Defense Wars challenges you to protect your base against heavily armed enemies. No matter what you plan to wear on Oct. 31, these new downloads will keep you grinning like a jack-o'-lantern.

WiiWare

BIT.TRIP FATE
Publisher: Aksys Games
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points™
Description: BIT.TRIP FATE is an on-rails side-scrolling shoot-'em-up that finds CommanderVideo riding the vibe to discover his fate. CommanderVideo will need a little help from the friends he made in BIT.TRIP RUNNER to thwart the Mingrawn Timbletot, who has mutated the world into an ugly technological nightmare. Join forces with the Junior Melchkin, CommandgirlVideo and others to increase CommanderVideo's power and save the world. Whether you play in single-player mode or team up with a co-pilot, you'll need a steady hand to navigate the vibe and aim your blasters at the twisted souls out to destroy you.

My Planetarium™
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Alcohol Reference, Violent References
Description: My Planetarium is a game that allows you to observe celestial bodies from the comfort of your living room using the Wii Remote™ controller. Choose from three main modes. Observation Mode contains approximately 20,000 celestial objects up to stars of the 7th magnitude. Changeable settings include the ability to display the latitude and longitude of constellations and choose how fast time elapses. In Planetarium Mode, you can take 11 different tours that cover subjects such as stars, nebulae, constellations and other celestial objects. The Celestial Guidebook contains detailed information and mythology on celestial objects and constellations as well as a helpful glossary of astronomy terms used in observation. Enjoy a deep look into the stars and mysterious objects that fill the night sky. (Information on celestial objects is up-to-date as of June 2010.)

Nintendo DSiWare

Go! Go! Island Rescue!
Publisher: Connect2Media
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Comic Mischief, Tobacco Reference
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: This is the worst vacation ever! The hotels are collapsing, the robot waiters are going berserk and the picturesque volcanoes are exploding. You'll be lucky to make it out alive, let alone get a suntan. It's time to scramble the Rescue Squad! Take control of a squad of brave firefighters who must save the hapless Darwins from all manner of disasters, including fire, floods and rampaging robots. To do this, you must throw the Darwins around the levels until they reach a fire exit. Luckily, some of the Darwins bounce, so don't worry too much if you drop some of them. And you can always rewind time in case of any fatal accidents. With more than 50 levels of unique, laugh-out-loud game play spread across four colorful zones, panic rooms and bonus levels, Go! Go! Island Rescue! will have you smiling for hours.

Spot the Difference
Publisher: Enjoy Gaming
Players: 1-6
Description: Photos are displayed on both screens. You must select the areas on the bottom screen where you see a difference and find all differences in a limited amount of time. If you manage to discover the differences within the time limit, you'll be rewarded with Cups according to your performance. There are Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups to be won. The game features 160 different photos from established photographers, with more than 1,000 combinations of differences to find in the images. Choose between one-player and multiplayer modes. The multiplayer mode is a turn-based mode in which each player must spot the differences in the same image.

GO Series Defense Wars
Publisher: Gamebridge
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Cartoon Violence
Description: Defend your base by taking control of a mini-arsenal of weapons and fighting off wave after wave of enemy attackers. Use the stylus to fire bullets and bombs at oncoming enemies. Arm your base with guns, cannons and tanks in preparation for the onslaught, then attack with everything you've got. Your mission is to survive. Good luck!

Flashlight
Publisher: Kaasa
ESRB Rating: Not Rated
Description: When it's dark, people need a simple source of light. Flashlight changes the dual screens of your Nintendo DSi system into a flashlight with added features. You can change the color and the intensity of the light. Use your Nintendo DSi system to read under a blanket or to get a serious source of light while taking night hikes. Flashlight could also be helpful in other situations, such as using the warning light when your car has broken down.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://wii.com or http://www.nintendodsi.com.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Wow...a flashlight app....[/QUOTE]

...that costs $2. Why on earth isn't it free?

Sometimes I think Nintendo has no clue at all. And, yes I can see they didn't publish it. But shame on them for allowing it as a 200 point purchase.

[quote name='theflicker']In for the new Bit.Trip. Any impressions here on last week's Snapdots?[/QUOTE]

Here's a good review from nintendolife. I'll be picking it up.

[quote name='blandstalker']...that costs $2. Why on earth isn't it free?

Sometimes I think Nintendo has no clue at all. And, yes I can see they didn't publish it. But shame on them for allowing it as a 200 point purchase.

Here's a good review from nintendolife. I'll be picking it up.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to read their review when I get home. Let us know what you think.

[quote name='theflicker']I'll have to read their review when I get home. Let us know what you think.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I purchased it yesterday and have completed Level 1, most of Level 2, and opened up level 3.

As a fan of puzzle games and Picross, I would not hesitate to recommend this game. When I read the description, I thought it sounded too easy, but there is a lot of challenge and in a good way. The best puzzles in the game (and there are a lot of good ones) will have you scratching your head for a minute until you see what it is you need to do. Often, you have to try something and backtrack, or the puzzle hints at strategies. You have a limited number of blocks, and you really have to think about how and in which order to use them. When you figure it out, it is rewarding.

There are only a few negatives. The first is that the puzzles seem to be all over the place in terms of difficulty. There were a couple on Level 1 (14 and 18) that were much harder than any of the others on the entire level. Special blocks are introduced, then not used for awhile, then used again. Sometimes the difficulty spikes are severe. It could be that what is easy/hard for me is different than the designers, but I don't get the feeling that the puzzles were laid out in a sensible progression.

The good news is that you can skip puzzles and come back to them later. I've skipped a few on Level 2 that I just don't see how to do at the moment, and I'm glad I can continue on. This means that the games biggest negative is something you can easily work around.

The second negative is the game forces you into "lessons" which teach you the controls, the special blocks, and other things you need to know. It is exactly the same as the tutorial, and even if you go through the tutorial, you still have to slog through the lessons when you play the game. Just *never* go to the tutorial option and you'll be fine.

Presentation is good. The puzzle selection and game interface are great. Graphics are okay, and the "personality" of the game is also okay. There's a character Dottie who will give sayings to you at the end of every level. The first few are clever, but most are pretty boring. Occasionally, you get a gem, though, like at the end of the bunny level: "What could lurk in the heart of such a lovely, fluffy creature?" Even if it's mostly fluff, it is polish that is nice to see in a downloadable game.

You get 150 levels. They can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. All of the levels without special blocks (my favorites) require nothing but logic and you can undo any move you make, meaning you never paint yourself into an unrecoverable corner.

I haven't even scratched Time Attack yet, and probably will. There have been a few puzzles that I re-did once I learned how they worked, and it was fun to watch my time decrease to a tenth of what it took me the first time.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it and highly recommend it.

This week:
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: PUT THAT SUGAR OVERLOAD TO GOOD USE WITH NEW GAMES FROM NINTENDO

November 1, 2010

Halloween has passed, but there's no reason you can't spend time pretending to be someone – or something – else. For the WiiWare™ downloadable game service, players can hop inside a robot in Robox®. For Nintendo DSiWare™, players can take on the role of the Ultimate Pacifier in Paul's Shooting Adventure or go solo with Peg Solitaire. For a sporty look, try out a classic three-on-three basketball game for the Virtual Console™ service. Get the best of both worlds with a virus-controlling game, Gene Labs available for both WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare.

WiiWare

Robox
Publisher: DreamBox Games
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Fantasy Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
Description: An exploratory probe has been sent to a strange planet to investigate the loss of several previous probes and to collect information. Following a crash landing on the planet's surface, our main character loses the skills that were to enable the accomplishment of the mission. Help him recover them with the help of the strange creatures that have taken over his mechanical interior… and discover the truth behind his new mission. You can enjoy a complete adventure mode that takes place in different locations around the planet, exploring different paths and discovering the many secrets hidden in the planet. Inside the exploratory probe, you can control tiny creatures that will help you to repair the areas damaged by the crash landing, thus recovering skills and accessing memory files. If you cannot move through the interior of the robot you must find amber rocks on the outside in order to obtain to new creatures and progress through the internal circuits.

Gene Labs
Publisher: FRONTLINE Studios
Players: 1-2
Description: Gene Labs is an arcade puzzle game set in the world of genetic science and experiments. New viruses that are capable of genetically changing any living organism are spreading all around the world. The only hope is to cure the infected cells by looking at them under a microscope and injecting the anti-virus solution at your disposal. The goal of the game is to distribute the anti-virus solution to the cells visible under the microscope before they become infected by deadly virus. Drag the solution from healthy cells to infected cells to kill them and/or prevent the healthy cells from becoming infected by the bad virus.

Nintendo DSiWare

Gene Labs
Publisher: FRONTLINE Studios
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: The Nintendo DSiWare version of the WiiWare game.

Paul's Shooting Adventure
Publisher: Agetec, Inc.
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Description: Super Baby Paul, the Ultimate Pacifier, stars in this classic side-scrolling shooter. The player controls Paul, the son of a super hero family who was born with innate super powers. Paul has the ability to take flight and attack with powerful projectile energy. But, most importantly, and unique to Paul is that he's gifted with the ability to take the form and harness the weaponry from fallen enemies. Paul is summoned to take on an alien invasion force bent on conquering Earth's oceans. It's up to Paul to use both his own powers and the weapons obtained from the aliens to fight back and protect Earth's most vital resource. His action-packed adventure goes from the seas to the stars themselves. Let's hope Paul can save our oceans before nap time.

Peg Solitaire
Publisher: CIRCLE Entertainment
Description: A classic thinking game, Peg Solitaire is a board game for solo players where you have to move pegs strategically on a cross-shaped board with 33 holes. Some boards use marbles that sit in shallow indentations. In the United Kingdom, this game is known as Solitaire, and the card games are called Patience. The game has five levels with 41 stages to allow players to learn the game-play techniques step by step.

Virtual Console

STREET SLAM
Original platform: NEOGEO
Publisher: D4 Enterprise
Price: 900 Wii Points
Description: This 3-on-3 street basketball game was released in 1994. Players choose from 10 teams vying for the position of the strongest street basketball team in America. The excitement of this game comes from the players' ability to enjoy an exhilarating game of street basketball. In addition to pulling off fancy slam dunks, players can enjoy the thrill of basketball with simple controls that allow them to make passes to players in midair to throw down a slam dunk or dunk when rebounding the ball. Additionally, if players charge up their gauges, they'll be able to make an earth-shattering super shot that can break any defense. This game successfully combines adherence to the basics of basketball with some outrageous special moves.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://wii.com or http://www.nintendodsi.com.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Pfft.

When I compare the quality titles released on XBLA with the mostly garbage we get through Wiiware and DSiware, it really makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

I would love to compare the quality, but there are no demos so I can't. That's what makes me the most sad. I guess I'll finish off my remaining points for the Sonic 4 series and call it a day. i've been a fan of the Wii, but I'm now so ready for it's replacement. I'm not one of those motion control haters either - but we need the Wii's sequel yesterday. I'll still buy the 1st party titles that look good, and I'm sure there will be many to come yet, but it's time Nintendo.

I guess I was hoping for to much when I was thinking it would have made a damn good marketing strategy to release the original Goldeneye on the virtual console as a way to get even more people interested in the new version which comes out this week. Oh well..... Guess that and any version of Killer Instict will sit in a vault somewhere until the end of time....

[quote name='utopianmachine']Pfft.

When I compare the quality titles released on XBLA with the mostly garbage we get through Wiiware and DSiware, it really makes me sad.
[/QUOTE][quote name='crunchewy']I would love to compare the quality, but there are no demos so I can't. That's what makes me the most sad. I guess I'll finish off my remaining points for the Sonic 4 series and call it a day. i've been a fan of the Wii, but I'm now so ready for it's replacement. I'm not one of those motion control haters either - but we need the Wii's sequel yesterday. I'll still buy the 1st party titles that look good, and I'm sure there will be many to come yet, but it's time Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure the Wii's sequel will solve anything. Nintendo's storefronts are bad across all platforms. It's just an interface and usability horror, to say nothing about being completely backward in terms of demos and showing off the products.

I've been reluctant to buy much on DSi or Wii since the descriptions are paltry and there's little sense of what you're actually getting. Since I had point cards, I've been buying more games lately. I've done the research to figure out the games I'd really like. It takes actual work.

And the ones I've chosen recently (Shantae, Boxlife, Base 10, Escapee Go, Stardots, X-Scape) have all been great. It's a shame because these are really good games that are buried in a ton of crap, languishing in obscurity.

[quote name='crunchewy']http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/11/nintendo_download_8th_november_2010_north_america

But it isn't too pretty.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NO MATTER WHAT THE CLOCK SAYS, IT'S TIME FOR DOWNLOADABLE GAMING FUN

Nov. 8, 2010

Whether you remembered to set your clocks back for daylight saving time or spent Sunday wondering why everybody else was running an hour behind, Nintendo is ready to kick off the week with new releases that can be enjoyed no matter what time it is. Additions to the WiiWare™ service include Gods vs Humans, a strategy game that challenges you to wield divine powers, and Mix Superstar, which invites you to craft your own pop-music masterpieces. You'll also find new downloadable titles for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service that let you experience pinball-themed adventures or vie for giant jackpots in Las Vegas.

WiiWare
Gods vs Humans
Publisher: ZALLAG
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief, Cartoon Violence
Price: 1,200 Wii Points™
Description: Embody major gods from the fabulous mythologies of Scandinavia, Egypt, Rome and Japan. As a god, you have enough power to rule the humans – all but the cheeky ones! Some of them want to enter your domain, and they've decided to build a tower to confront you. Use your divine powers to bring them down and show them who's boss. Be careful not to hurt them, though – you need people to believe in you. There are 16 playable gods with distinctive powers, four hysterical bosses to defeat, 16 additional challenges for experienced players, 60 levels for the solo campaign and a special split-screen two-player mode.

Mix Superstar
Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
Description: Think you can be the next big music star? Now you've got all the tools at your fingertips with Mix Superstar. Create, mix and record your own royalty-free musical masterpieces right on your Wii™ system. There are more than 1,000 Dance, Hip Hop and Techno loops included across multiple instruments, including Drum, Bass, Synth, Guitar and voice tracks. Once you've created your next hit, it's time to show it off. Mix Superstar lets you export your music creations and load them onto your computer so you can take them on the go. You can also use the WiiConnect24™ system to send songs to your Wii Friends and even collaborate on mixes. The game includes full support for both the Logitech USB Microphone and Wii Speak™ accessory (each sold separately) so you can lay down your own vocals. The Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play service even allows you to enhance your music creation experience with additional loop packs from a variety of genres. Go on and make some noise!

Nintendo DSiWare
GO Series Pinball Attack!
Publisher: Gamebridge
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Description: Developed by ArtePiazza, Pinball Attack is a unique fusion of pinball, exploration and shooting. Control the flippers of a pinball machine as you go on a magical journey under the sea, inside the earth, through a jungle and into space. As the scenery passes by in the background, use the pinball to fight off enemies such as a giant blowfish, collect bonuses and grab power-ups. Defeat bosses at the end of each level to progress to the next world.

Adventure in Vegas: Slot Machine
Publisher: Gamelion
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Simulated Gambling
Description: Try your luck on three slot machines: Hawaiian, Pirate Treasure and Mexican Heat. The one-armed bandits in Adventure in Vegas: Slot Machine are not only uniquely themed with tunes and graphics, but they also have different special features: numbers of reels, extra buttons, winning sequences and custom bets. End your around-the-world trip in Vegas and bet the remainder of the small fortune you've inherited. You have to be good to be lucky! Will you acquire more luxury goods like jewelry, a bike or your own jet? Or maybe you'll lose everything. Whatever the outcome, all you can do in Las Vegas is go for it!

Discolight
Publisher: Kaasa
ESRB Rating: Not Rated
Description: Party on by changing your Nintendo DSi™ system into a disco light. Choose between music genres such as Love, Hip Hop and Rock. A special "Disco Disco" feature will display colors that change with the rhythm of the music. Place several Nintendo DSi systems together and create your very own disco!

This Netflix app is amazing, I use it literally everyday. It's tremendous. Screw quality compared to PS3 or Xbox360, that's not a concern. When I watch instant view on Netflix, it's rarely something I would watch on good quality anyways, I would actually go out and rent/buy something worth seeing on amazing quality. To be frank, all I watch are TV shows on instant view, Foreign films, and indie pictures or classics from my youth. That's really it. So this application is just perfect for me. Nintendo really picked a winner on this.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NEED FOR SPEED: NITRO-X BRINGS HIGH-OCTANE THRILLS TO NINTENDO DSIWARE

Nov. 15, 2010

This week's additions to the WiiWare™ and Nintendo DSiWare™ downloadable game services offer fast cars, talented canines and classic casino kicks. Get behind the wheel of a world-class speedster in Need for Speed™: Nitro-X, or enjoy short- and long-distance running challenges with Triple Running Sports. If it's pet-oriented fun you're after, Derby Dogs lets Wii™ owners raise their own talented pups and train them for competition, while Go Fetch! gives Nintendo DSi™ users a way to give their virtual pooches an active workout. For a taste of Las Vegas anywhere you go, 21: Blackjack puts a high-stakes card table in the palm of your hand.

Nintendo DSiWare

Need for Speed: Nitro-X
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Get in gear for the super-charged thrill of driving the world's hottest cars and the flat-out fun of arcade-style racing. Access awesome custom features such as the Camera Tag Editor. Snap images with the built-in camera and plaster racing environments with your personal tag. Touch controls give you the feel of real racing, too. Push it to the limit in up to 18 supercars, including the Pagani Zonda R, Porsche Carrera GT and Lamborghini Gallardo. You can also set your sirens off in the exclusive Super Pursuit Mode that lets you drive as a cop. Lay down the law in up to six never-before-driven police cars, including the Hummer H2 SUT. Chase or be chased through 16 detailed tracks. Factor in tracks that can be reversed and you've got nearly 30 amazing runs to choose from. Accelerate through three streamlined tiers as you pull off extraordinary maneuvers, win awards and blow away up to three friends in local multiplayer mode. Feed your need for speed like never before on the Nintendo DSi system.

Go Fetch!
Description: The idea of Go Fetch! is simple yet entertaining. Balls are thrown and players must use the stylus to guide the puppy and collect balls. The puppy must avoid various obstacles and collect items in order to complete stages. A wide variety of locations, including Backyard, Park, Beach, Riverside, School, Plaza and Parking Lot, offer various challenges. Choose from different breeds of puppies, each with its own unique appearance and attributes. Remember, puppies are easily distracted, so don't get too close to a cat or you'll lose valuable time. If the puppy knocks something down, time is lost since the item must be picked up. Fetch this game and enter the doggy dog world.

21: Blackjack
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Simulated Gambling
Description: Now you can take the thrill of the casino on the go with 21: Blackjack. Whether you're a seasoned player or a rookie at the table, 21: Blackjack has a variety of game-play options to take your skills to the next level. You can change the payouts, the number of decks in play, splitting options and even choose whether or not the dealer hits on a soft 17. These are just a few of the many advanced game-play options. If you want to know how well you've been playing or how many Blackjacks have taken you to a winning hand, check out a full range of player stats available for viewing at any time. Now's your chance to Hit, Stand or Double Down with 21: Blackjack.

WiiWare

Derby Dogs
Players: 1-8
Price: 500 Wii Points™
Description: Derby Dogs is a simulation that lets you raise, breed and compete with dogs by feeding them and training them in a variety of exercises. You can also frequent a virtual dog shop to rent dogs or buy new doghouses or meals. Your dogs can race on numerous courses to win titles and prize money. You can also breed your dogs to create even better dogs. Raise your dogs and have them compete with players far and wide via the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service (broadband Internet access required). Can you become the best handler around?

Triple Running Sports
Publisher: The Code Monkeys Ltd
Description: Triple Running Sports is one of the most advanced recreational running games available for the WiiWare service, immersing players in the world of competitive running. Most events consist of activities that are traditionally derived from hunting and combat skills. Over time these practices have evolved into a variety of competitive sports that include 100-meter, 400-meter Sprints, Hurdles and the 1,500-meter race. As with real-life running events, players have full control over the pace of each race. They must also account for the finish-line surge and the timing of hurdle jumps, as these factors can all influence their success.

DEMO VERSIONS OF WIIWARE GAMES START ON NOV. 22

Nov. 18, 2010
Nintendo will offer demo versions of select video games for its WiiWare™ downloadable game service starting Nov. 22. Wii™ owners with a broadband Internet connection will be able to visit the Wii Shop Channel to access demo versions of WiiWare games without using up any Wii Points™. The demos will allow people to sample a wide selection of games to help them decide which ones best suit their tastes.

The initial lineup of demos available on Nov. 22 includes BIT.TRIP FATE, And Yet It Moves, ThruSpace™ and Jett Rocket. Additional demos will be added on Mondays and each will remain available on the Wii Shop Channel for a limited time.

WiiWare game demos are just the latest addition to the wide variety of information and entertainment options available to Wii owners. Wii owners can access various channels on the Wii Menu, including the Nintendo® Channel, which offers information about and videos of current and upcoming games for Nintendo systems. Likewise, Wii owners who are also Netflix members with a qualifying plan can instantly watch movies and TV shows streamed directly to their TVs once they have downloaded Netflix from the Wii Shop Channel.

I'll download all of the demos, though perhaps not AYIM since I already have that on Steam. I still don't understand why they insist upon having these only available for a limited time. Why, Nintendo, why? I hope they figure out how to do it right with the 3DS and Wii2. They should also be having demos of the games to be released on the 22nd. Irritating.

Greet Winter with Tetris, WiiWare Demos and Classic Adventure

Scarves and mittens aren’t the only ways to heat up the season, thanks to more downloadable gaming excitement for Nintendo systems. Snowpack Park™ for the WiiWare™ service offers penguin-centric thrills, while the Virtual Console™ debut of SPIN MASTER brings classic NEOGEO adventure to the Wii™ system. New arrivals on the Nintendo DSiWare™ service include Tetris® Party Live, which lets you and your friends enjoy multiplayer puzzle action on the go.

This week also marks the introduction of new demo versions of red-hot games for the WiiWare service, including the award-winning And Yet It Moves, the retro-styled BIT.TRIP FATE, the fast-paced Jett Rocket and the pressure-packed ThruSpace™. These demo versions will be available to download for zero Wii Points™. Stay tuned to learn about additional demos in the coming weeks.

WiiWare

Snowpack Park
Description: Welcome to Snowpack Park! You’ve arrived in hopes of hanging out with some of the local penguins and learning how to take care of them. However, a recent storm has just sent the residents of the park fleeing to various islands throughout the area, and there are only a few penguins to be found. Take control of either a Mii™ character or one of the game’s built-in characters and brave various terrains and unexpected obstacles. Travel from island to island, find penguins and bring them back safely to the park. But getting them back is just the beginning. The penguins have different moods, which will go up and down depending on how much interaction they have with you. If a penguin's mood gets too bad, it will leave the park. To prevent that from happening, you must learn how to feed, pet and play with the penguins in order to keep them happy. Throughout the park, you’ll also find fun minigames to play, headwear pieces for the penguins to wear, fish for them to eat, blowfish to roll up into snowballs and a variety of other useful things. You can even collect photos of yourself and the penguins by visiting one of the park’s photo-taking locations. Prepare for a heartwarming Antarctic adventure!

And Yet It Moves (demo version)
Publisher: Broken Rules
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Violence
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 1,000 Wii Points
Description: And Yet It Moves is an award-winning, physics-based platform game in which you must run and jump through a world made of paper. To help you solve the game’s mind-bending levels, you possess the unique ability to rotate the world at will. Walls become floors, slides become platforms – but a harmless pile of rocks becomes a hazardous danger when turned upside-down! Use the Wii Remote™ controller like a magic wand to tilt the world. Explore beautifully crafted environments. Survive 20 challenging levels filled with strange creatures, traps and puzzles. Unlock bonus levels, competitive play modes and surprising modifications that change the entire game. Turn your world upside-down with And Yet It Moves!

BIT.TRIP FATE (demo version)
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 800 Wii Points
Description: BIT.TRIP FATE is an on-rails side-scrolling shoot-’em-up that finds CommanderVideo riding the vibe to discover his fate. CommanderVideo will need a little help from the friends he made in BIT.TRIP RUNNER to thwart the Mingrawn Timbletot, who has mutated the world into an ugly technological nightmare. Join forces with the Junior Melchkin, CommandgirlVideo and others to increase CommanderVideo’s power and save the world. Whether you play in single-player mode or team up with a co-pilot, you’ll need a steady hand to navigate the vibe and aim your blasters at the twisted souls who are out to destroy you.

Jett Rocket (demo version)
Publisher: Shin’en Multimedia
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Let Jett Rocket explore the beautiful planet of Yoroppa and find out why it has been attacked by the evil Power Plant Posse. Visit tropical islands, poisonous swamps and freezing-cold glaciers. Ride the ocean on your Jet Boat, parachute from giant cliffs, speed through Arctic regions on your Jet Snowboard or skyrocket with your Jet Turbine. You’ll need everything you’ve got to fight back and save Yoroppa!

ThruSpace (demo version)
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 800 Wii Points
Description: ThruSpace is an exciting puzzle game in which you’ll move and rotate an object called a keydron through gaps in walls. Putting your keydron through a gap earns you points, and mastering this ability allows you to perform combos (picking up pairs of crystals simultaneously) and tricks (rotating the keydron so that its shadow covers the gap completely before passing through it) that are essential to achieving high scores. Refine your skills in multiple game modes: Normal, Endless and Trick Challenge. Brush up on the rules in Keydron Tutorial or watch replay data in Keydron Memories. As the game progresses, the number of available keydrons, backgrounds, stages and levels will increase. ThruSpace is easy to play but difficult to master. Do you have the skills and reflexes to overcome its increasingly complex challenges?

Nintendo DSiWare

Tetris Party Live
Publisher: Tetris Online, Inc.
Description: Now you can party with Tetris whenever and wherever you like! Tetris Party Live features several exciting game modes from the popular Tetris Party series, including Marathon (a favorite single-player mode), Computer Battle (challenge the computer), VS Battle (challenge a friend) and Duel Space (strategize to claim more space than an opponent). But the party doesn’t stop there: Take the Tetris fun online via the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service (broadband Internet access required) and enjoy multiplayer Tetris with up to three opponents at a time. You can also use the global ranking system to see how your Tetris Party Live skills stack up against the rest of the world.

Supermarket Mania®
Publisher: G5 Entertainment AB
Description: Supermarket Mania is a mesmerizing time management game. Help Nikki keep five grocery stores stocked to the rafters with the provisions customers want. If you work fast and hard, you’ll earn enough money to upgrade your establishments and show your adversary what a little hometown pluck can do. Supermarket Mania includes 50 levels in Story Mode, Endless Shift Mode with extra bonuses, five shops, seven types of customers, 20-plus upgrades for your shop and more than a dozen products to sell.

Music on: Electric Guitar
Description: Transform your Nintendo DSi™ system into an incredible electric guitar and your stylus into a pick. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to play your favorite songs, even if music isn’t your thing. Pedals include Distortion, Flanger and Delay. The Advanced Play Screen is great for melodies, arpeggios and chord variations. Enjoy 32 definable chords on the control pad. Discover more than 950 chords in all and save up to 10 sessions.

Virtual Console

SPIN MASTER
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Cartoon Violence
Description: SPIN MASTER is a side-scrolling action game that was originally released in 1993. Take on the role of an adventurer named Johnny. Dr. De Playne has stolen your piece of a treasure map and kidnapped your girlfriend, Mary. Now you must set off to retrieve them both. Make your way through five different stages, each featuring a unique and colorful boss at the final turn. After clearing each stage, you will obtain a piece of the treasure map. Put all the pieces together and you’re in for one big surprise. Make full use of jumps and standard attacks to advance through the game. To experience really explosive and invigorating combat, be sure to employ the wide range of special attacks that are also available, including spirit charges, sliding attacks and super bomb attacks. Another player can also join in the action simultaneously!

Pulled from nintendolife.com (sorry about the formatting, or lack thereof - I tried to spruce it up a little). Some decent stuff today, including Cave Story Wii demo, and Cave Store for DSiWare.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: CAVE STORY NOW AVAILABLE ON DSIWARE AND AS A WIIWARE DEMO
Nov. 29, 2010
While the rest of your home might be cluttered with leftovers from a weekend of Thanksgiving revelry, this week's downloadable games from Nintendo provide a palate-cleansing mix of fun puzzles and challenges to start your week off right. The popular Cave Story™ makes its debut on the Nintendo DSiWare™ service, while a demo version of the game becomes available for the WiiWare™ service. Other Nintendo DSiWare games include the frenzied Frenzic puzzler and Spot It! Challenge, which tests players' ability to locate various objects. On the WiiWare service, travelers this holiday season will want to check out Airport Mania®: First Flight for a different perspective on the travel industry, while HB Arcade Disc Golf brings the popular outdoor sport into your living room. Finally, the classic 1996 NEOGEO game MAGICAL DROP II brings its balloon-bursting action to the Virtual Console™ service.

Nintendo DSiWare
---------------------
Cave Story
Publisher: Nicalis
ESRB Rating: E 10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Language
Price: 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Cave Story takes you into a rare world where a curious race of innocent rabbit-like creatures, called Mimiga, run free. You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimiga are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. Their only hope rests squarely on the shoulders of a quiet, amnesiac boy who can't remember his own name. Take control and learn the origins of this world's power, stop the delusional villain and save the Mimiga.

Frenzic
Publisher: Two Tribes
Description: Frenzic is a unique puzzle game that dazzles the eye, teases the brain and keeps you coming back for more. It takes only minutes to learn, but months to master as you devise new, impressive play strategies to push your brain to its limit. Compete against your personal best and climb through seven levels of Devotion from Newbie all the way to Frenzic Master. Frenzic is a must-have for puzzle enthusiasts of all ages.

Spot It! Challenge
Publisher: Big John Games
Description: In Spot It! Challenge, players race the clock to find the hidden objects in cleverly arranged scenes. The puzzles are based on the popular Spot-It book series published by Capstone Press. See how many objects you can spot in 10 different puzzles. Vibrant graphics make spotting objects fun and challenging. Players use the stylus to tap on the hidden objects and also to navigate the extra-large play areas. Spot hundreds of hidden objects in 10 themed puzzles, including Outdoor Sports, Board Games and Fun with Food. Players can compete against their friends using the "Pass Around Play" feature. Up to four players can race to find 10 objects hidden within a puzzle. Each player has to spot the objects and then pass it on to the next player. See who can get the best score! Find objects fast to score the most points. Three levels of difficulty (Easy, Medium and Insane) provide lots of replay value.

WiiWare
----------
Airport Mania: First Flight
Publisher: Lemon Games
Price: 500 Wii Points™
Description: Pack your bags for a trip through the skies in Airport Mania. Travel through eight amusing airports while you land a variety of planes, purchase upgrades and avoid delays. Stay on your toes, as some planes carry precious cargo and will need to land in a hurry, while others might need a trip to the repair shop. But, with good planning, you're sure to make it to the gate on time. With unique challenges, whimsical characters and fun that'll put a smile on your face, Airport Mania is one flight you can't miss.

HB Arcade Disc Golf
Publisher: HB Studios Multimedia
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: HB Arcade Disc Golf re-creates the popular disc-flinging sport in the comfort of your own living room. Playing the game is as easy as tossing a disc around on a beautiful day. The goal of the game is to put the disc in the basket in the fewest throws possible. Disc golfers have three different types of discs at their disposal when out on the course: a driver, a mid-range disc and a putter. Also, there are three different types of throws available: forehand, backhand and the hammer throw. The forehand and backhand throws change based on the handedness of the player, and can be used to draw or fade a shot, while the hammer throw is less about distance and more about height. At the end of the round, scores are tallied and the player with the lowest score is the winner.

Cave Story (demo version)
Publisher: Nicalis
ESRB Rating: E 10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Language
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 1,200 Wii Points
Description: Cave Story takes you into a rare world where a curious race of innocent rabbit-like creatures, called Mimiga, run free. You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimiga are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. Their only hope rests squarely on the shoulders of a quiet, amnesiac boy who can't remember his own name. Take control and learn the origins of this world's power, stop the delusional villain and save the Mimiga.

Virtual Console
-----------------
MAGICAL DROP II
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Mild Suggestive Themes
Description: MAGICAL DROP II is a puzzle action game released by Data East in 1996. The rules are simple. Control the clown to pull in and throw back the balloons that appear on the screen. If you line up three or more balloons of the same color in a row vertically, they will burst. Some balloons feature unique characteristics. Special balloons, which come in all four colors, pop every balloon of the same color. Arrow balloons burst everything in the direction the arrow is facing. Rainbow balloons have the same effect as special balloons, but can be thrown against a balloon of any color. And then there are bubble balloons, which simply get in your way. Together, these provide you with great chains and combos that make a puzzle game so much fun. Choose between VS CPU Mode, full of battles with a host of comical characters, and Puzzle Mode, where you'll enjoy a one-player challenge. Both modes support player-versus-player action, meaning you can have a great time together with friends.
Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Taken from NintendoLife.com (and two VC Arcade games! Not sure if they are good. Also, a demo of Fluidity on the day of release of the full version? Finally! But of course no demos for anything else. Grrrr...):

Fluidity Has WiiWare Service Overflowing with Downloadable Fun
Making its debut on the WiiWare™ service this week, Fluidity invites players to embark on an exciting hydro action adventure by controlling water in various forms. Players can test the waters before diving in by downloading a demo version of the game for zero Wii Points™. Meanwhile, a pair of arcade classics from Capcom – Wolf of the Battlefield: COMMANDO and SONSON™ – are now available via the Virtual Console™ service, letting fans enjoy old-school battle action on the Wii™ system. And if those battles aren’t enough for you, check out Dairojo! Samurai Defenders for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service.

WiiWare
----------
Fluidity
Price: 1,200 Wii Points; demo version available for 0 Wii Points
Description: A magical illustrated encyclopedia called Aquaticus has been tainted by a vial of evil ink called the Influence. As a pool of water that can take on alternate forms of ice and steam, you must overcome obstacles scattered across the pages of Aquaticus and save it from the corruptive Influence. Tilt and twist your Wii Remote™ controller to use the various forms and properties of water on your free-flowing journey through Aquaticus, where every page has multiple panels and illustrations that come to life. Tackle problems and defeat enemies to reveal magical Rainbow Drops, each of which will restore some of Aquaticus’ power and allow it to open more chapters and grant you new powers. These additional powers, such as sticking to objects as a block of ice or shooting bolts of lightning as a steam cloud, will be essential to destroying the Influence and its minions. Along the way, you can also test your ingenuity and reflexes by finding hidden puzzle pieces. These pieces unlock playrooms that give you the opportunity to use the skills you’ve learned and race against the clock to complete as many challenges as possible. These challenges won’t affect your quest to restore Aquaticus’ powers, but everyone needs a break now and again, right? Fluidity offers the chance to slosh and slide your way through an imaginative environment filled with challenging adventures. Are you ready to dive into this unique experience?

Racers’ Islands - Crazy Arenas
Publisher: ZALLAG
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Cartoon Violence
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Do you like unusual motor sports challenges? Racers’ Islands - Crazy Arenas includes five wacky activities/challenges: a golden totem to capture in a lost temple, a wild ascent to an infernal mountain peak, an ice hockey tournament between racing cars, a paintball contest powered by engines and a time bomb to toss to your opponents as quickly as possible. During these frenzied events, players must drive with one hand while aiming with the other.

Fireplacing
Publisher: Korner Entertainment
Description: Turn your television into a virtual fireplace equipped with realistic graphics and a fire effect that will almost make you want to warm your hands by it. Prepare the wood, light the fire and stoke it. Or, if you prefer, choose the Automatic option to have the fireplace on your screen while you eat with your family, celebrate with friends or dine with your partner. There are fireplaces for every occasion.

Virtual Console
-----------------
Wolf of the Battlefield: COMMANDO
Publisher: Capcom
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Mild Violence, Use of Tobacco
Description: Experience the Capcom arcade game that spawned a multitude of clones as the original commando comes to your living room courtesy of the Virtual Console service. Take control of Super Joe and shoot your way upwards into enemy territory, using grenades to wreak havoc with enemy placements in this seminal genre creator.

SONSON
Publisher: Capcom
Description: Experience the original adventures of the Monkey King in this action-packed side-scrolling adventure. Rapidly switch between different levels of play to shoot dangerous enemies in the face. A truly original concept, this quirky, old-school arcade classic has been hard to find in the West since its arcade debut in 1984 – until now!

Nintendo DSiWare
---------------------
Dairojo! Samurai Defenders
Description: On the awakening of the Edo period, Shoguns fight ferocious battles to win over the Land of the Rising Sun. From Kumamoto to Tsuruga, six emblematic castles are under siege by implacable ninjas attacking from land and air. Strategically position your spears, archers, gunners, generals and cannons. Promote their ranks and wisely employ the smoke bombs and rice balls to your advantage. But don’t get overly confident – the art of war of Hana, the Geisha, is a reminder that appearances can be deceptive. Four game-play modes include Score Attack, Normal Mode, Random Mode and Versus (via DS Download Play). The game also includes a Fast Forward function and several degrees of difficulty.

Space Ace®
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Play as the heroic Ace and stop the evil Commander Borf from taking over the Earth. Borf plans to reduce all of humankind to infants and take over the planet. Only two people have the courage and strength to stop Borf and save Earth: the beautiful Kimberly and the heroic Ace. But as they approach Borf’s stronghold, Ace is changed into a child by the Infanto Ray and Kimberly is kidnapped by the evil madman. Space Ace is a fully animated arcade classic from legendary animator Don Bluth. You’ll make your way through bizarre new worlds by using your Nintendo DSi™ system to move and fire your laser gun. Beware of your foes, as they are numerous. The fate of Earth is in your hands.

Rytmik Rock Edition
Publisher: CINEMAX
Description: Rytmik Rock Edition is an application for creating rhythmic and melodic themes and composing full songs. It contains more than 130 carefully selected sound samples of drums, keyboards, bass, lead and rhythm guitars. With Rytmik Rock Edition you can quickly and easily create the basic building block: an audio clip. It consists of musical notations for up to four instruments that you may transpose, select their location in the stereo field and modify their volume, polyphony and echo. You may arbitrarily combine up to 128 such clips in four tracks and create complex pieces of music. You also have a rhythm library and a varied collection of 10 pre-made compositions at your disposal. For the best musical experience, listen using headphones or a quality speaker system (not included).

The description of Commando makes it sound like the original, yet the title is "Wolf of the Battlefield," which was the name of the 3rd game in the series. Any idea which it is?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I know Nintendo was pushing Fluidity... but is it good?[/QUOTE]

Try the demo? And rejoice they finally provide one for a game on release.

Finally tried the Fluidity demo tonight and, yeah, it's pretty cool. Great use of motion controls. It's such an intuitive control scheme for this game and the game is fun. If you like physics puzzle games, definitely check out the demo. I'm definitely considering picking it up, though $12 is a lot. I was think originally, though, that it was $15. Damn Microsoft and the Microsoft bucks! $12 is a weird amount, but it's better then $15.

I've heard pretty good things about Fluidity so far. I'm not going to bite as $12 is more than I've paid for most of my games, but I'll definitely try the demo, should it be available the next time I power up the Wii and go online (can't go online right now).

Again taken from nintendlife.com, as I don't know where these actually originate. Note that Lilt Line also has a demo, second time they've released a demo on the day of the full version release.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NINTENDO OFFERS A FLURRY OF DOWNLOADABLE FUN FOR THE HOLIDAYS AND BEYOND
Dec. 13, 2010
At this time of year, it's especially important to find a store that truly offers something for everyone. Luckily for Nintendo fans, both the Wii™ Shop Channel and Nintendo DSi™ Shop boast a huge variety of downloadable games to satisfy every taste, size and experience level. Best of all, these online stores are open 24 hours a day and remain consistently free of big crowds and parking headaches. New additions to the WiiWare™ service this week include lilt line, an award-winning rhythm game that combines racing thrills with an irresistible soundtrack (there's even a demo version you can download for zero Wii Points™). Meanwhile, Family Games™ delivers eight family-friendly gaming favorites straight to your Wii console, while fans of classic sci-fi shooters will rejoice to find the Super NES™ gem DARIUS TWIN on the Virtual Console™ service. And for something completely different, new arrivals on the Nintendo DSiWare™ service include Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, a wild action title that invites players to ring in the season by fighting off a spooky supernatural threat. Whether you're shopping for a loved one or for yourself, check out these and hundreds of other games from the comfort of home.

WiiWare
----------
lilt line
Publisher: Gaijin Games
Price: 500 Wii Points; demo version available for 0 Wii Points
Description: lilt line is an award-winning rhythm racing game with a dubstep soundtrack and a visual aesthetic that will confound your senses and rock your soul. Control the silky-smooth rhythm line and do your best to stay on the track as you race to the finish, tapping the button to the beat of the catchy soundtrack by genre superstars 16bit. With 15 levels of intense musical racing, it's a game that has to be experienced to be believed.
Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Family Games
Publisher: Icon Games Entertainment
Description: Family Games is a collection of timeless pen-and-paper games for the whole family. Games include Squares (Dots), Nine Men's Morris (Mill), Safe Cracker, Matchsticks, Noughts & Crosses (Tic-Tac-Toe), 4 In-A-Row, BattleFleet and Hangman. Numerous rule sets and game variations offer many ways to play. Up to four players can compete in Tournament mode. There are also 20 special achievements to unlock.

Violin Paradise
Publisher: KEYSTONE GAME STUDIO
Price: 700 Wii Points
Description: Violin Paradise is designed for up to four people to enjoy (additional controllers sold separately). Players can choose to be a conductor, violinist, violist or cellist as they perform some of the most beautiful classical pieces in history. The game includes a micro-orchestra, which helps players feel the enjoyment of a group performance. The game environment changes dynamically and can be enriched with more objects if you play successfully.

Virtual Console
-----------------
DARIUS TWIN
Original platform: Super NES
Publisher: Taito
Description: For countless millennia, the space tyrant Belser and his cosmic marauders have terrorized this once-peaceful galaxy. No sector remains safe from these stellar mercenaries and their evil empire. The Galactic Federation has finally called on two of its ace pilots and their sleek Silver Hawk warships to do battle with Belser's malicious metal menaces and reclaim their beloved planet Darius. Climb into the pilot's seat for a solo mission against Belser's forces or engage the enemy with a fellow Federation pilot in a simultaneous two-player team attack. The future of the galaxy depends on the success of this perilous quest.

Nintendo DSiWare
---------------------
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
Publisher: Gammick Entertainment
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Blood and Gore, Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Mild Language
Description: Can you save Fairytale Land? Or will you let its creatures live unhappily ever after? Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ is a fun shooter in which you must advance by shooting down every living (or dying) creature in your path! Use the great arsenal of weapons at your disposal to destroy hordes of savage zombies.

Jam Space: PocketStudio
Publisher: HB Studios
Description: Jam Space: PocketStudio for the Nintendo DSi system puts the power of a recording studio in your pocket. You can compose tracks, jot down ideas and be musical no matter where you are. Choose from two modes. Quick Jam mode allows you to lay down tracks quickly and easily using natural instrument interfaces. This is a great mode if you've got a little melody you want to record and want to get it down quickly. Studio mode gives you access to a full-featured MIDI editor that lets you tweak and hone your compositions to a professional level. If you want to dig deep and really work on that masterpiece, this is the mode for you.

Just SING! Christmas Songs
Publisher: Engine Software
Description: Get ready for a Christmas karaoke party where you are the star! Famous holiday tunes, including "Jingle Bells" and "Silent Night", are waiting for you. Dressed up as jolly Santa Claus, you enter a stage covered in snow and sing into the built-in microphone on your Nintendo DSi to create a magical Christmas mood. While singing, you'll receive feedback. Did you hit all the right notes and sing in time? Compare your high score with previous singers, or just sing to your holiday heart's content.

Nintendo DSiWare
---------------------
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
Publisher: Gammick Entertainment
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Blood and Gore, Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Mild Language
Description: Can you save Fairytale Land? Or will you let its creatures live unhappily ever after? Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ is a fun shooter in which you must advance by shooting down every living (or dying) creature in your path! Use the great arsenal of weapons at your disposal to destroy hordes of savage zombies.
Me oh My new or a DSiWare version of the DS game?

[quote name='crunchewy']Again taken from nintendlife.com, as I don't know where these actually originate. Note that Lilt Line also has a demo, second time they've released a demo on the day of the full version release.[/QUOTE]

The Nintendo press releases originate from the front page of their media site, no login required. They usually post the Nintendo Download PRs every Monday at around 5am PST.
http://press.nintendo.com/loginSplash.jsp

[quote name='foltzie']Me oh My new or a DSiWare version of the DS game?[/QUOTE]

BBQ is a DSiWare version of the cartridge game. My understanding is that it is identical.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Ah, Zombie BBQ. So much fun. So...strange that it's now on DSiWare.[/QUOTE]

It didn't receive a cartridge release in other countries (or at least not in some other countries), instead it received a digital release. Thus the digital release here (why not?)

Monday's releases:

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: DECK THE HALLS WITH MARIO PARTY 2 AND OTHER DOWNLOADABLE DELIGHTS

Dec. 20, 2010

If there's one guest who's welcome at any holiday party, it's MarioTM. This season, the Virtual ConsoleTM service invites you to join Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom crew for the classic, family-friendly fun of Mario PartyTM 2, now playable on the WiiTM system for the first time ever. You'll also find new additions to the WiiWareTM service to help keep your days merry and bright: the unique sci-fi strategy of Inkub and the funky robot challenge of Frobot. (A demo version of Frobot is available for zero Wii PointsTM.) If you aim to fill your holiday week with hand-held adventure, take a look at the latest arrivals for the Nintendo DSiWareTM service, including Dragon's Lair® II: Time Warp and Cosmo Fighters. No matter where the season leads you, here's hoping it's a warm and happy one.

Virtual Console

Mario Party 2
Original platform: Nintendo 64TM
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Get ready to party like it's the year 2000 all over again, complete with fancy costumes, bags of surprises and games galore. Mario and his Mushroom Kingdom friends return for a new round of Bowser-bashing board game action in Mario Party 2. Each of your favorite characters dons a differently themed outfit to take part in five fun-packed Adventure Boards: Pirate Land, Western Land, Space Land, Mystery Land and Horror Land. Then battle BowserTM on his own specific board - if you're brave enough. Up to four players (additional accessories required, sold separately) can travel around the boards and compete in minigames for coins while also using items to gain an advantage. Win the most stars and become the ultimate victor: the Super Star. Or, if you just feel like proving your minigame mettle, visit Mini-Game Land. Head to the Mini-Game Stadium and replay your favorites, including the Item, Battle, Duel and Chance Time minigames.

WiiWare

Frobot
Publisher: Fugazo
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
Price: 1,000 Wii Points; demo version available for 0 Wii Points
Description: Frobot is programmed to make love, not war. But when his five foxy girlfriends get botnapped, he doesn't skip a beat in taking the fight to the streets. Blast your way up from the Funkytown Slums to the BotBlocker HQ and save them. In Burn Baby Burn mode, earn powerful weapons including the Robo Hustle dash and the Jivestalker disco ball to help take on the Man. In The Big Payback, journey through a story mode filled with action, adventure and fro-frazzling physics puzzles to rescue your girlfriends. In Superfreak, find hidden power picks and upgrade your style. It's a fight to the last Fro in Frobot's multiplaya arena. Face off with up to three of your friends on one screen to see who will earn the spotlight. In It's Raining Guns, access an expanded arsenal of funky weapons, including the Bass Bomb grenade and the Heartstopper shield. And in Do the Hustle, you can unlock multiplaya maps by beating single-playa levels in record time.

Inkub
Publisher: Cosmonaut Games
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Cartoon Violence
Description: In Inkub, you are responsible for the defense of incubators, each one connected to a life support system by means of transparent carbon tubes. For years, different organisms, viruses and bacteria have formed colonies that attack the species in each incubator. Your objective is to repel the attacks of these organisms and keep the eggs in the incubators safe. To do this, you have an arsenal of weapons, mines and blockers available. Different weapons will be unlocked as you progress through the game, including laser canons, projectiles, blockers, mines and speed inhibitors. Use them by placing them throughout the tube to repel enemy attacks.

Nintendo DSiWare

Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Suggestive Themes, Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi PointsTM
Description: Princess Daphne has been spirited away to a wrinkle in time by the evil wizard Mordroc, who plans to force her into marriage. Only you, Dirk the Daring, can save her. Transported by a bumbling old time machine, you begin the rescue mission. But you must hurry, for once the Casket of Doom has opened, Mordroc will place the Death Ring upon Daphne's finger and she will be lost forever in the Time Warp. Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp is a fully animated arcade classic from legendary animator Don Bluth. You'll make your way through time by using your Nintendo DSiTM system to move and wield your sword. Beware of your foes, for they are numerous. Only you can save Princess Daphne.

Cosmo Fighters
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Cartoon Violence
Description: There's a battle to fight in outer space, but before you meet your fate, train yourself against the CPU to master all the tricks and combos. Whether playing one-on-one or against a group of three, your training will pay off once you challenge your friends and foes. Anyone can play, but only the well trained will win. Send your friends a demo via DS Download Play to allow them to play solo or in a Versus mode. Finding opponents for the Multiplayer mode is easy because only one player needs to have the game loaded onto his or her system. Let the fight begin!

Paul's Monster Adventure
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Description: Prepare to embark on an epic adventure and enter a land where monsters known as bosses once ruled with an iron fist. The local inhabitants have rebelled against the bosses by stealing their food supply. Now the bosses are slowly dying from starvation, and it's up to you to save them. Explore and discover magical items that will aid you on your adventure. Interact with intriguing monsters that desperately need your help to regain their energy. Be warned: The inhabitants may consider your heroic efforts to be a threat and become aggressive if you are caught with food. Do you best to avoid them, but if you need it, you're equipped with a powerful hammer that will temporally knock out the inhabitants. It's time to step up to the challenge and restore order to this chaotic land.

Just SING! Christmas Vol. 2
Publisher: dtp young entertainment
Description: You are the star! Prepare yourself for the next edition of Christmas karaoke. Holiday classics such as "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" and "Deck the Halls" are waiting for you. Enter the festively decorated stage in a fancy Santa costume, then sing into the built-in microphone of your Nintendo DSi system to instantly capture the magical Christmas spirit. Hit all the right notes and sing in time to reach the top of the high-scores list.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points CardTM can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Frobot has a demo. The game got a very good review on nintendolife.com. Going to download the demo next chance I get.

Also interested in Mario Party 2. I might pick that up at some point.

bread's done
Back