Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

what? why wouldn't you be able to do that. at the very least you should be able to transfer back to your wii and then to any other sd card?

Ok, maybe I did something wrong. I copied the Wii folder in my SD card (one I use it for the Wii)..and copied it and pasted it into the new one...popped it in my Wii. Went to the SD menu and nothing loaded :whistle2:(

If I loaded the games onto the Wii, then into the new SD card..I'd have to do this one at a time..right? :whistle2:( There's no way to like.. load games in groups, right? :(

[quote name='Doomed']Although I love World of Goo, I experienced some control issues on Wii. (IMO, it's not accurate enough) I beat it on Wii, but I skipped a few levels. On PC, I beat all of them.[/QUOTE]
You, dear sir, are a vagina.

[quote name='The Crotch']You, dear sir, are a vagina.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:( I even rated the "recommend me games." thread one star for you.

The sensor bar + batteries draining = inaccurate control compared to the mouse. My cursor got stuck way too many times while my tower was like "brb, falling" for me to want to finish all of them on Wii.

Stop talking OVER me :nottalking:
What's a sista to do???

LOL if I have to redownload all the games directly to the new sd card! Criiiiies!

[quote name='Doomed']:whistle2:( I even rated the "recommend me games." thread one star for you.

The sensor bar + batteries draining = inaccurate control compared to the mouse. My cursor got stuck way too many times while my tower was like "brb, falling" for me to want to finish all of them on Wii.[/QUOTE]
Heh. Reminds me of the first time I tried to beat that big-ass war golem in Metroid Prime 3 - the one in the Bryyo Leviathan. "Jesus that was hard!" I thought. But it wasn't hard. I was just on one bar for most (all?) of the fight.

[quote name='lilboo']Ok, maybe I did something wrong. I copied the Wii folder in my SD card (one I use it for the Wii)..and copied it and pasted it into the new one...popped it in my Wii. Went to the SD menu and nothing loaded :whistle2:(

If I loaded the games onto the Wii, then into the new SD card..I'd have to do this one at a time..right? :whistle2:( There's no way to like.. load games in groups, right? :([/QUOTE]

I just tested it out, and you should be able to use your PC to freely copy VC and WW games from one SD Card to another without any problems.

Well, after reading your post, there may be some fixable issues:
1) Be sure to format the new SD card with the official SD Card formatter. Sometimes, devices can have problems reading the card if it is improperly formatted. Obviously, back up the card's data if needed before doing this.

2) You mentioned in your post that you copied the "wii" folder to the root of your new SD card. This is the incorrect folder structure. The folder that is supposed to go in the root is the "private" folder, and the wii folder is supposed to go into the private folder. If your Wii is not detecting the games, then it is likely that incorrect folder structure is the culprit. Here's the correct structure:
\private\wii\title\(Bunch of folders containing games and saves)

It's not that difficult to fix, as you can just make a new folder named "private" (no quotes) on the root of the SD card, and copy the wii folder into it.

Thanks!!
I'm going to try it out now since my BF is watching gay ass 10,000 BC and I have nothing else to do! I'll be sure to post in the next 30-45 minutes how I ended up erasing both SD cards and accidentally set my apartment on fire.

EDIT: Hey! I did it! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
virtual console
the legend of zelda: Majora's mask (nintendo 64, 1 player, rated e for everyone - cartoon violence, 1,000 wii points™): Link™ must save the world! This time, he finds himself trapped in termina, an alternate version of hyrule that is doomed to destruction in just three short days. Link must race to recover the ocarina of time (which allows him to manipulate time in multiple ways), defeat challenging bosses in dungeons spread across termina and discover the key to the mystery of majora's mask. Along the way, he'll obtain new weapons and items and help other characters (some strangely familiar) in their everyday lives. In addition, link must use a wide assortment of masks scattered throughout termina, each with its own specific use or power. Never before have three days offered so much in the way of action, mind-boggling puzzles and depth. the legend of zelda: Majora's mask is an adventure unlike any other!

wiiware
crystal defenders r2 (square enix, 1 player, rated e for everyone - mild fantasy violence, 800 wii points): In crystal defenders r2, you must deploy various units, such as fencers and black mages, to stop waves of encroaching monsters from escaping the area with your party's crystals. There are many types of units to choose from: Some specialize in powerful short-range attacks, some wield far-reaching magicks and still others are equipped with bows, enabling them to bring down aerial foes. Deploy units in strategic locations to take full advantage of their traits. Each time an enemy breaches your defenses and reaches a map's exit, your party will lose crystals. When all your crystals are gone, the game is over. crystal defenders r2 offers several new, challenging maps containing multiple entrances and exits. It also introduces three varieties of power crystals, allowing you to enhance the abilities of your units, while new jobs, including flintlock and tinker, set the stage for even more complex strategies. Can you defend all the maps without losing a single crystal?

silver star chess (agetec, inc., 1-2 players, rated e for everyone - mild suggestive themes, 500 wii points): silver star chess has two modes: 1-player and 2-player. 1-player mode allows you to play a chess match against the computer opponent. 2-player mode allows you to play against another person. In 1-player mode, you can select one of five different computer opponents, as well as turn the background music off, adjust sound effects and access in-game help features. Also, during the match, you can redo your last move, save the game at any point or resign from the game. After the match has ended, you can review each move made during the match. While reviewing the match in this way, you can resume that match at any point.
Majooooooooooooooorrrrraaaaa!!!

Reality's Fringe;5869464 said:
Is it the GC version (ZeldaCE) with the smoothed out textures, or is it a straight port?

I've heard it's a lot better since it doesn't crash randomly.

:lol: I tried the R1 (I guess) demo on XBLA before. Really boring.

I never did play Majora's Mask. I'll wait for impressions here..and we'll see. Not ready for a Zelda type game at the moment. :whistle2:k

good show Nintendo. With Majora's Mask we can't complain until at least Jun 8th
[quote name='Strell']This is one hell of a week for digital distribution. Majora's Mask, PiCTOBiTS, half price Bionic Commando on XBLA.[/QUOTE]
and the PSN bro..

[quote name='Wolfkin']

and the PSN bro..[/QUOTE]

Thank you Wolfkin. I won't be keeping up with PSN too much until I've a reason to.

So good week for pretty much every game under the heartless sun. Hooray!

well i was planning on playing it on my cube disc. i started once a long time ago. I'll probably save the money and keep that plan. after all I still don't have Super Metroid or Gradius yet.

[quote name='lilboo']I never did play Majora's Mask. I'll wait for impressions here..and we'll see. Not ready for a Zelda type game at the moment. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of Majora's Mask, but I'm happy for everyone else. The PR didn't really mention it, but I guess this is in celebration of the 300th title on VC?

I may have to get Majora's Mask at some point, but not right now. I've played the game enough times as it is. It is one of the best Zelda games though, tied with Wind Waker for my favorite of the 3D Zeldas. The only issue the game has is that, just like WW, it needed a few more dungeons. But it makes up for it by having Stone Tower Temple, which is pretty much my favorite Zelda dungeon ever, and by having the best sidequests in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I'm more excited JUST to have another N64 title available. How in 3.5 years, there's only like..16-17 N64 games?!

Whatever you do, don't try to save at the eagle statue the first thing you do when you are Link.

The game crashed on me hard when I tried to do that.

Well I'm glad MM will be out there when I am ready for it. I keep going back to Ocarina to try to finish it only to leave it for months and completely forget where I am or what I need to do next.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Well I'm glad MM will be out there when I am ready for it. I keep going back to Ocarina to try to finish it only to leave it for months and completely forget where I am or what I need to do next.[/QUOTE]that's happened to me 4-5 times with Link to the Past. I'm not certain I've ever finished the game, but every time I play I think I'm past where I left off and suddenly I remember parts of it.

[quote name='Strell']Get the hell out of my thread.[/QUOTE]am I not already shamed enough.

[quote name='KingBroly']Whatever you do, don't try to save at the eagle statue the first thing you do when you are Link.

The game crashed on me hard when I tried to do that.[/QUOTE]
The VC version still crashes?
I hated that it took forever until you could actually save the game.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Well I'm glad MM will be out there when I am ready for it. I keep going back to Ocarina to try to finish it only to leave it for months and completely forget where I am or what I need to do next.[/QUOTE]
I always hate when that happens.

Awesome, can finally play through a cleaned up MM that *doesn't* randomly freeze.

Bought.

YES! SILVER STAR CHESS!

j/k, I may pick up MM. I never cared for the blurry, blobby-ass polygons of N64, but a good game is a good game, and I gots ta do sum ting wit all deez useless Wii points! :p

Has anyone actually played Crystal Defenders R2? The description makes it sound like it could be fun, but I haven't seen any reviews anywhere, so I'm hesitant to try it out.

[quote name='Yaxley']Has anyone actually played Crystal Defenders R2? The description makes it sound like it could be fun, but I haven't seen any reviews anywhere, so I'm hesitant to try it out.[/QUOTE]If its anything like Round 1.. it stinks.

There's a demo on 360 if you have one around. I think they're the same game on both formats, just split up differently.

It was... okay.

I'll probably get MM. I only have the allegedly glitchy collector's version and I don't want to mess around with freezing and all that noise.

My friend had the original version back when it came out. It was fun because we had been friends as little kids and used to spend our days trying to beat Zelda 1 and 2. When MM came out we were both 20 or 21 and it was sort of our last "kid" thing to do together. A couple years later, I joined the Marine Corps and he moved away. I haven't talked to him in ages. *sniffle*

[quote name='Halo05']There's a demo on 360 if you have one around. I think they're the same game on both formats, just split up differently.

It was... okay.
[/QUOTE]

Also demo available on the JP PSN store if you have a ps3, in english.

The crashing problem when saving - is that just in the emulated versions or also in the real cartridge? I've got he real N64 game waiting in the wings....

[quote name='Yaxley']Has anyone actually played Crystal Defenders R2? The description makes it sound like it could be fun, but I haven't seen any reviews anywhere, so I'm hesitant to try it out.[/QUOTE]

From what IGN has said about the first round, the Wii Crystal Defenders is the worst one to get. With the Wiiware version, Square-Enix split the original game into three chunks at 800 points each.

As a comparison point, the entire original iPod/iPhone version is only $8, so to get the same amount of content on Wii, you would need to spend three times as much.

OK, so I was browsing the IGN review app on my iPhone today and came across some WiiWare game I'd never heard of that sounded pretty good: Swords & Soldiers. The reviewer compared it to Grim Grimoire which is one of the few obscure fantasy-themed PS2 games (it's not an RPG so I didn't want to use that term) that I have actually played despite the fact that I keep buying/collecting them.

Well, I just got my Wii back from Nintendo after having the memory go flaky on me in January. I didn't want to deal with the hassle so I just recently called them and while they agreed to fix it for no charge (as it is well out of warranty) they ROYALLY screwed me because when I sent it to them the game saves were intact as I could play anything I tried (most importantly SSBB and Animal Crossing which I couldn't otherwise back up to the SD card). I just couldn't manage them any more (data management utility screen showed nothing and then froze upon exit). Well, it came back WIPED CLEAN - the rat bastards. I could have done that :bomb:. It's a damn good thing they didn't charge me or I'd be in full rage mode now. As it is, they are going to get a nasty letter from me. I would have preferred they do nothing to it and I would have gotten a second one. It would have been well worth $250 to maintain all those hours put into SSBB, AC, Endless Ocean, Elebits, Mario Sluggers, etc...

Anyway, side rant there - sorry. Point was, I decided (while I was redownloading channels) to look for this awesome new game and it isn't up there at all. The full IGN review says nothing about it (it seems to indicate it is available now). But it appears from some comments that it is not available in the U.S. yet. Anyway, I have no idea if this has been discussed as I have been so completely out of the loop but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Of course, I'm not sure why I'm doing that at all since it was my intention never to download another game (as World of Goo is what messed up my system) and recommend to anyone and everyone that I can reach that they also avoid downloading anything and for that matter playing anything on the Wii that doesn't allow a copy of the save file to the SD card. This corrupt memory issue has happened to more than a few people and it is pretty pathetic that it seems they made no attempt to save my data despite it being good (for the most part). I am really disappointed in Nintendo and don't really see the point of investing any more time in any of their flagship games (as invariably it is these that you can't copy the save files for). It is sad, really, as I've defended them on CAG in the past...

I know hindsight is 20/20, but there is a way to copy saves with homebrew. I've had to do that before when trying to move a roommate's Rock Band save from my Wii to his.

The main reason behind why they do it, is because of their backwards online system. Due to the fact that wi-fi codes are tied to the system, moving around saves with online capabilities have the potential to screw up things. Yet these are the same games that we're likely to have the most time invested in when things come around (i.e. SSBB, Animal Crossing, etc.) Had Nintendo a correctly implemented system, we wouldn't be having problems like this not to mention the retarded Wii "friend codes". Given Nintendo's console history, their failure rate is low compared to everything else, but it is still no excuse for things like this.

I'm not going to say I won't buy into their next system, whenever that may be, but I will be very disappointed if they don't "get it" in regards to online and storage the next time around. They didn't really have a good excuse with the Wii, and they most certainly will not have an excuse with it's successor.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. With the kind of money and research Nintendo has backing their consoles, it's a real crying shame they can't implement online correctly and alleviate things like this.

[quote name='crunchewy']The crashing problem when saving - is that just in the emulated versions or also in the real cartridge? I've got he real N64 game waiting in the wings....[/QUOTE]wow. You know how I know your backlog is too big? It includes CARTS!!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I know hindsight is 20/20, but there is a way to copy saves with homebrew. I've had to do that before when trying to move a roommate's Rock Band save from my Wii to his.

The main reason behind why they do it, is because of their backwards online system. Due to the fact that wi-fi codes are tied to the system, moving around saves with online capabilities have the potential to screw up things. Yet these are the same games that we're likely to have the most time invested in when things come around (i.e. SSBB, Animal Crossing, etc.) Had Nintendo a correctly implemented system, we wouldn't be having problems like this not to mention the retarded Wii "friend codes". Given Nintendo's console history, their failure rate is low compared to everything else, but it is still no excuse for things like this.

I'm not going to say I won't buy into their next system, whenever that may be, but I will be very disappointed if they don't "get it" in regards to online and storage the next time around. They didn't really have a good excuse with the Wii, and they most certainly will not have an excuse with it's successor.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. With the kind of money and research Nintendo has backing their consoles, it's a real crying shame they can't implement online correctly and alleviate things like this.[/QUOTE]word. If it wasn't already annoying having to have one friend code per game it also messes up the saves. I've never moved a save to SD so I don't know how big the saves are but I worry about the theoretical future when you have so many saves and GH/RB songs you can't store anything else on your measly 512MB.

[quote name='Cao Cao']From what IGN has said about the first round, the Wii Crystal Defenders is the worst one to get. With the Wiiware version, Square-Enix split the original game into three chunks at 800 points each.

As a comparison point, the entire original iPod/iPhone version is only $8, so to get the same amount of content on Wii, you would need to spend three times as much.[/QUOTE]Ahaha, now that really sucks. :cool:

Of course they had to release Majora's Mask, the week after I move and don't have internet for a week. At least I'll have something to look forward to when my internet is reconnected.

bread's done
Back