Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, didn't catch that eShop deals end at noon.  After checking that Kung Fu Rabbit was still on sale this morning grabbed a $20 card when I was at GS only to find out the sale had ended.  My own fault for waiting for my trade stuff to arrive trying to avoid making an extra trip.

Sigh, didn't catch that eShop deals end at noon. After checking that Kung Fu Rabbit was still on sale this morning grabbed a $20 card when I was at GS only to find out the sale had ended. My own fault for waiting for my trade stuff to arrive trying to avoid making an extra trip.
It's on sale for Vita if you're still interested in the game.

No. The deal requires purchase of the Final Fight game to get a discount on a Street Fighter game. I don't think they've had repeat deals on any Virtual Console games yet, so I wouldn't expect it yet.
*sigh*

I already got all the SF games through the deal a couple weeks ago. So instead of spending ~$12 on Final Fight 2 and 3, I'll buy nothing. Bold strategy Nintendo/Capcom.

Here are the new deals for this week:

Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 - 33% Off

Ben 10 Omniverse - $29.95 - 25% Off

Chasing Aurora - $7.99 - 47% Off

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - $39.99 - 33% Off

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 - $49.99 - 17% Off

Funky Barn - $19.99 - 33% Off

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth - $29.99 - 40% Off

NBA 2K13 - $39.99 - 33% Off

Rise of the Guardians - $29.99 - 25% Off

I'm officially confused by the way they label this stuff on the eShop since these are all labeled as "Get this title at a new price" with no end date that tells me that it must be a permanent price drop, but that was the same with Chasing Aurora and it's now $3 more than it was for the past few weeks. These might be permanent price drops or sales or whatever, but they don't specific a single thing about them with the new way that they display these things.

Got this via email from the Toki Tori 2+ team:

Unfortunately we decided to put the Wii U level editor of Toki Tori 2+ in the fridge... But... we have a surprise for you!

If you own a Wii U copy of Toki Tori 2+ and want to play around with a level editor, you can get a free Steam version of Toki Tori 2+!

Read more on why we decided to put the Wii U level editor on hold and on how to get that free Steam version:

twotribes.com/message/wii-u-level-editor-on-ice
More details on how to get a free Steam key for Toki Tori 2+:

Since the Steam version has a level editor, we thought why not give that version away for free if you already own the Wii U version? So we’re taking a bold step here: if you really want to play around with the editor and share the levels with friends and family, we can provide you with a free Steam key*! Head over to these Miiverse posts (make sure you go to the correct region!)

[EU] https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUYnXhC8t5w
[US] https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAD4UgHrV7Erbw

and post a simple reply with NO personal information**. With this reply we can check if you own Toki Tori 2+ for Wii U. Since you cannot post e-mail addresses on Miiverse, make sure you follow up your reply by sending us an e-mail at [email protected], with the following details:

Subject: “Wii U Steam Key”

Mail: Steam ID, Wii U region (EU/US) and a link to your Miiverse profile

If all is good, we will send a free Steam version of Toki Tori 2+ to you. Again, don’t add any personal information in your reply to our post on Miiverse!

We hope this way we can make up a little bit for not releasing the editor on the Wii U. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

*) It might take a while for the Steam key to be sent to your address, since this is done manually and we’re not awake 24/7. Also, we will continue this service as long as we feel is necessary. If it is being abused somehow, we’ll probably pull it :)

**)The Miiverse administrators don’t seem to like posting Steam IDs on Miiverse. Make sure you don’t post any personal IDs in your comment, otherwise they’ll delete it! Just a simple comment about the weather or whatever, would be enough. Mail as all relevant information: Steam ID, link to Miiverse profile and region!

As far as I can tell, there are no new deals this week.

MIghty Switch Force! 2 is out now for $5.99 with Clu Clu Land and Urban Champion out for Virtual Console.

As far as I can tell, there are no new deals this week.

MIghty Switch Force! 2 is out now for $5.99 with Clu Clu Land and Urban Champion out for Virtual Console.
Never played a Mighty Switch Force game. Recommendation which of the four (between the two systems) is the best to get if I'm only getting one?

I have the Mighty Switch Force game that they released when Wii U launched, but this sequel appears to be a straight port of the 3DS version (so not nice and HD-ized). Is the sequel a step up from the first? Reviews seem to be middling.

The original was a straight port of the 3DS version, so the sequel is the same situation. I haven't read any reviews, but I'll take a shot at the issue being that the sequel is the same basic game as the original. So if you want more of the same, the sequel will be right up your alley.

The original was a straight port of the 3DS version, so the sequel is the same situation. I haven't read any reviews, but I'll take a shot at the issue being that the sequel is the same basic game as the original. So if you want more of the same, the sequel will be right up your alley.
Actually the first one on Wii U is Hyper Drive edition or some such thing. From what I've read there was a little extra content and the visuals were optimized for Wii U. That's not the case for this one. I'm gonna hold off till I see reviews or maybe wait for a sale. I enjoyed the first, but I'm not aching for more of the same.

Here are the new deals for this week:

Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 10/31

Trine 2: Director's Cut - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/14

Here's a stupid question, and I am sure of the answer already (preview: it's "no").  I have now decided I want a Wii U (odd how I can go from disinterest to deep desire in such a short amount of time).  I have no idea when I'll actually get one, though.  If there any way to buy Wii U stuff off the eshop without owning a Wii U?

Again, I know the answer is no, so I don't know why I'm wasting all our time.  It would be nice so I don't miss any more deals, though.  I know saying "PSN would let me!" doesn't change anything.  :)

Nope. You need a Wii U to buy things off of the Wii U's eShop.
I hate that so much, missed out on all those cheap VC releases. Maybe if I write to them about how much money I've spent on impulse just because there's a web store for PSN.

I hate that so much, missed out on all those cheap VC releases. Maybe if I write to them about how much money I've spent on impulse just because there's a web store for PSN.
Yeah, it's a huge bummer. In addition to the VC deals, I'd have enjoyed Monster Hunter and the current Trine deal. Glad they're setting a precedent of having deals at least!

Here's another question that I already know the answer is "No" to!  Is there some way to check current eshop prices of stuff if you don't actually have access to the Wii U eshop?

I might have been wrong this time.

http://www.nintendo.com/games

If you do a lot of clicking, you can click "digital download" and click on the game you're interested in to find, in very small print, the price.  I searched for Trine 2: DC, and it showed up as $7.99, so it seems accurate.  Now if only it would let me buy stuff and put it on an account, a la PSN.

Edit: It doesn't work very well.

Wow!  I didn't know ZombiU stayed so high on the 'shop.  Europe has been getting some pretty deep discounts, so I thought we might see it for $15 or something.

Guess if I want ZombiU, I'd better get it for $25 on Amazon (or risk waiting for lower).  I like digital copies, but not for $41.  Glad they exposed their overpricing now so I didn't buy a Wii U expecting it to be $20 on there.

If it were $14.99, I would again curse not being able to buy Wii U eShop games without a Wii U and would have to refrain from buying a Zelda Wii U just to take advantage of the deal.

(If there are no good black Friday deals on a Wii U Deluxe, preferably with Zelda, I will be sad and curse my patience.)

That sale on ZombiU is pretty laughable. Especially if the game plays at all like the demo. Couldn't delete it fast enough.

Unrelated to that, I have been thinking that I'd like to add some CAGs to my WiiU friends list. My username is mpaullin. Feel free to add or post your own here.

Isn't ZombiU published by Ubisoft?  Usually they're so aggressive on price drops and sales.  Europe was having giant sales on Assassin's Creed III and such (but I could be wrong--I didn't bother doing the currency conversion, and it wouldn't make sense anyway since the British get completely ludicrously ripped off on Nintendo-platformed games in particular).

I've gotten addicted to having digital games thanks to Steam, PSN, and a handful of 3DS eshop sales (and it's especially nice on the portable systems), but man, if this is the kind of WiiU sales we can expect, I guess I'll be going physical a lot when I get a WiiU.

The recent price drop to $29.99 for Nintendo Land is kind of laughable, too.  $19.99 would be more like it.

Remember that WiiU Fit is available now on the eShop and free for the next month.  If you buy a Fit Meter ($20) and register it before that time's up you get to keep the full software.  If you already have the balance board or grab a cheap used one it's by far the way to go.

Remember that WiiU Fit is available now on the eShop and free for the next month. If you buy a Fit Meter ($20) and register it before that time's up you get to keep the full software. If you already have the balance board or grab a cheap used one it's by far the way to go.
I do have a WiiBo, but I don't have a Wii U yet. So if I don't get a Wii U in the next month, I won't be able to take advantage of the whole just buy the Fit Meter deal? :(

Crud. Two possible solutions: manage to get a Wii U before December (good thing the deals are all in November!); find out I don't want Wii Fit U anyway. It looks neat though!!
I'll give them a ton of credit for realizing that people already bought this $100 board and giving them a chance to get the new version at a steep discount.

Won't Nintendo let them do $20-30 on the eshop? They let Atlus do some great sales, at least on the 3DS.
I don't believe it's Nintendo blocking them since publishers have done bigger sales in the past on the 3DS eShop, but publishers have made weird pricing decisions on Wii U or Nintendo in general. Ubisoft had a terrible sale on their 3DS games on the eShop a month or two ago and Square Enix is charging $20 more for Deus Ex: HR DC than on every other platform because the game is completely new on Wii U.

I don't believe it's Nintendo blocking them since publishers have done bigger sales in the past on the 3DS eShop, but publishers have made weird pricing decisions on Wii U or Nintendo in general. Ubisoft had a terrible sale on their 3DS games on the eShop a month or two ago and Square Enix is charging $20 more for Deus Ex: HR DC than on every other platform because the game is completely new on Wii U.
Good point! I had forgotten about Ubi's horrible, horrible 3DS sale. I guess publishers think that since Nintendo can get away with charging retail price and rarely lowering it, they can set crappy prices too. But even Nintendo games can often be had $10 or more below retail on Amazon. It's frustrating. I don't know much about the sales on the Xbox Marketplace, but the eShop has a long way to go to catch up with the PSN.

Good point! I had forgotten about Ubi's horrible, horrible 3DS sale. I guess publishers think that since Nintendo can get away with charging retail price and rarely lowering it, they can set crappy prices too. But even Nintendo games can often be had $10 or more below retail on Amazon. It's frustrating. I don't know much about the sales on the Xbox Marketplace, but the eShop has a long way to go to catch up with the PSN.
I think it's more that they don't sell nearly as many copies on the eShop as the other platforms, so they have less enthusiasm to offer greater deals.

ZombiU is readily available used for $19.99 ($17.99 with Gamers Club Unlocked) at Best Buy.  If you are willing to wait, Gamestop will have ZombiU used during Black Friday for $9.99 used ($8.99 with PWR membership).

I already snagged a Wii Balance Board about a month ago after watching the Wii Fit Nintendo Direct with my wife.  It's amazing that I thought would be a $80-100 bundle now has become a $40 package instead.  More funds for games that matter!!

If a store around you has them GameStop sells them for $20 used. Otherwise you can snag them for ~$25 shipped on eBay (the shipping is like $16 though).
Awesome. Thanks. I never think about GameStop for some reason. lol. Link isn't working properly for me, but I searched and found out my local GS has some in stock supposedly. I saw some on eBay for $25, but didn't think about or look at shipping. And Craigslist was a bust. This seems to be the best route to go for me.

Awesome. Thanks. I never think about GameStop for some reason. lol. Link isn't working properly for me, but I searched and found out my local GS has some in stock supposedly. I saw some on eBay for $25, but didn't think about or look at shipping. And Craigslist was a bust. This seems to be the best route to go for me.
I kept searching GS for wii fit and not balance board so I was only seeing the $50 bundle so I got one off eBay for $26 shipped. Then they ran a B2G1 on back to back weekends and I realized I wasted like $10 once I realized I was searching for the wrong thing.

I think it's more that they don't sell nearly as many copies on the eShop as the other platforms, so they have less enthusiasm to offer greater deals.
Hopefully as the eShop gains more traction, we'll see better deals and (gosh forbid) more price drops. Even first-party Nintendo games should really drop $5-10 after a year...

Hopefully as the eShop gains more traction, we'll see better deals and (gosh forbid) more price drops. Even first-party Nintendo games should really drop $5-10 after a year...
I don't think Nintendo's gotten nearly that progressive. :rofl:

It just seems weird that when the effectiveness of these deep discount sales on digital media is well proven out at this point that there's still so much reluctance around them.

Sweet.  Will be monitoring this thread after I won a Cowboom auction last night for a Wii U 32GB ($135 plus $15 shipping).  Does anyone know how much Monster Hunter is going for on the eShop currently?  I missed out on the Wii U version (got the 3DS) as I had no console then.

I'm hoping the previous owner didn't maul the tablet too much and bought tons of eShop content :D.

Can't wait to get on the Wii U train.  I have been buying games the past month while awaiting to buy my console (so far just used Nintendoland for $10 at BB and ZombiU for $12 at Target clearance).  Will watch for Zelda Windwaker next.  I'm sure I'll have time to play the Wii U in between Pokemon X sessions and fooling around with the PS4.  

TY OP for constantly updating this thread.

Pretty sure it's back up to $60 on the eShop but the retail release is on sale for $30 at Amazon right now and that's the same as what it was on sale for digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back