Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
To call those deals is being very flexible with the definition of the word deal...

I'm contemplating getting Trine 2.  I played the demo and liked it but I'm not sure how long the game will hold my interest for.

I wonder if Dr Luigi is worth 15,  it would be the first online game i get for wii u.  I feel like I need something else on there to play....

I purchased Dr. Luigi and played the new mode and it is very addictive. The L-shaped pill packs add a whole new strategy to the game and it is very fun. I recommend getting the game if you enjoyed Dr. Mario and enjoy puzzle games in general.

I wonder if Dr Luigi is worth 15, it would be the first online game i get for wii u. I feel like I need something else on there to play....
If that and NES Remix were $10 I would probably bite but $15 just feels like to much for me.

Argh. Bought Mutant Mudds a week ago or whatever, but forgot to sign up for the Deluxe Wii U deal thing, first!
I definitely didn't "sign up for it" until after I bought my first thing a week or two ago and I still got credit for it. Actually I don't think there is any signing up for it, just signing into ddp.nintendo.com with you Nintendo ID.

If that and NES Remix were $10 I would probably bite but $15 just feels like to much for me.

I definitely didn't "sign up for it" until after I bought my first thing a week or two ago and I still got credit for it. Actually I don't think there is any signing up for it, just signing into ddp.nintendo.com with you Nintendo ID.
that's what happened to mine too.
it retroactively adds/remembers the credit :)

Argh. Bought Mutant Mudds a week ago or whatever, but forgot to sign up for the Deluxe Wii U deal thing, first!
On the ddp page, it says come back 24 hrs after buying your first digital game, so like others said it should be fine.

And is it just me, or is that ddp page one of the strangest, hard to understand page ever written. It gives me a headache just trying to read it.

On the ddp page, it says come back 24 hrs after buying your first digital game, so like others said it should be fine.

And is it just me, or is that ddp page one of the strangest, hard to understand page ever written. It gives me a headache just trying to read it.
Yeah, they make this seem unnecessarily complicated, but the upshot is:

1.) Make sure that you sign up for a Nintendo Network ID (not the same thing as club nintendo)

2.) Buy something from the eshop on the wii u

3.) Sign in on the DDP site (note: it won't let you sign in prior to buying anything in the eshop while signed in to your nintendo network ID). There you can check on your points balance and get rewards cards after you amass sufficient points.

I bought both NES Remix and Dr. Luigi w/ discounted eShop credit I got from best buy. I'm really enjoying both of these games. I LOVED Dr. Mario, and it's true, the L-mode is really good. Plus, the remixed and new tracks are awesome.

Some of the challenges in NES Remix are kind of cheap, and the hit detection and sloppy controls don't help. I can't remember if the originals had these same issues. They probably did. Regardless, my son and I are enjoying the game together. 

I figure 1st-party Nintendo games, I'm going to wait a WHILE for a sale, if ever. So just pick them up now.

I think NES Remix and Dr. Luigi are both a bit overpriced too.  I bought NES Remix for the nostalgia, but I'm not under any delusion it was a good value or even that it's well designed.  It seems like a nostalgia cash-in and ploy to sell more VC games.  I'm mostly just hoping for a better sequel (and would love to see SNES and GB Remixes).  

I'd like to get Dr. Luigi, and still might, but $15 seems high, and it would have made a much more compelling 3DS release.

Thanks for reminding me about DDP guys, I totally forgot about it!  Apparently, I had $5 just sitting there for a while!  Isn't the promo also supposed to include a bonus 10% for the first year?  Also, I don't see anything I bought this week reflected on the site.

Edit: n/m I forgot it doesn't include 3DS purchases :whistle2:#

Thanks for reminding me about DDP guys, I totally forgot about it! Apparently, I had $5 just sitting there for a while! Isn't the promo also supposed to include a bonus 10% for the first year? Also, I don't see anything I bought this week reflected on the site.
hmm I thought it was just 10% points from each purchase.. there's a bonus?

Are both toki tori's worth it? Sale ends tomorrow, but not much talk about those.

Might as well ask about edge and rush too.

edit, just saw frisky's comments. Thanks.

For those wanting recommendations:

Little Inferno - A great little puzzle/adventure game that surprisingly has a cool story that gives it a great ending.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - A good, hard shooter/platformer that takes after the classics

Toki Tori - A very good puzzle platformer whose gimmick is based on using the items you're given in a level to get to the goal

Toki Tori 2+ - A fantastic puzzle platformer that takes what was cool about the original and makes it into more of a Metroid-esque open world with that style of unlocking abilities that you use to solve puzzles to get where you need to go.

Trine 2: DC - A great action platformer in the Lost Vikings style with three heroes whose different abilities are necessary to solve puzzles, take out enemies, and get around the levels.

Are both toki tori's worth it? Sale ends tomorrow, but not much talk about those.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306518-wii-u-eshop-toki-tori-2-1499-open-world-2d-puzzle-platformer-917-899-until-926-big-update-out-now/#entry10442723

I posted in-depth thoughts of the second game there. The original is a good game, though it's less ambitious than the sequel. It has some basic puzzle-platforming ideas that it just executes really well. I haven't played much, if any of Rush and Edge, but they're all from the same team if that helps you at all.

You could use a $5 DDP credit on either one to make it $10.
Or if they launched at $10 you could use DDP credit to make them $5. Just because it's credit doesn't mean it's still not throwing money away, that credit could just as easily be applied to something that's more reasonably priced.

I wonder if Dr Luigi is worth 15, it would be the first online game i get for wii u. I feel like I need something else on there to play....
I demoed it for a bit. At $10 it would be a hard sale but you could certainly justify it for puzzler fans. At $15 though, I'd say no to pretty much everybody. The little L shaped pills are different and fun to play around with for awhile (I'm surprised I've never played a Tetris before with all L blocks, seems so obvious) but aside from that there's nothing special here. I am sure it will sell because one of the Mario Bros is stamped on it, but it's in no way a good deal at $15.

I mean at it's core it's just Dr. Mario with a (small) twist. This isn't anything you haven't experienced before, and compared to other offerings currently on eshop $15 feels ridiculous. I may grab it myself if it ever hits $10 simply because I loved Dr Mario back in the day, but at $15 I am not touching it.

any recommendations on zen pinball 2 tables? just noticed that all of them were 50% off along with star wars.
My favorites thus far have been Excalibur and Plants vs Zombies. I know they have a new Dr. Strange table but I have no idea if that was brought to WiiU or not.

edit, just saw frisky's comments. Thanks.

I hated Toki Tori. I mean it wasn't crap, and I get it was supposed to be a puzzler, but it really felt more like a finicky broken platformer with the jump disabled. I guess it just wasn't for me, I don't know.

For that reason I never bothered with Toki Tori 2. However, knowing that you can get the Steam version for free when you buy the WiiU version is very tempting, if for no other reason than to encourage this practice more often. I think I'm still gonna pass solely cause of my backlog, but if I didn't have a ton of PS3 games to catch up on I'd probably give it another try based on this deal and on the footage/reviews I've seen.

I never played Rush, but IIRC Edge can be played on pretty much anything right? I know I have it on my 2+ year old smartphone, which means it was either free or part of a Humble Bundle. I guess I would recommend it if you have no other options to play it, and I have no idea if this is Edge or Edge Extended. If it is extended then $2 is actually a good deal, I know it's more than that on the Google App Store.

Last edited:
Or if they launched at $10 you could use DDP credit to make them $5. Just because it's credit doesn't mean it's still not throwing money away, that credit could just as easily be applied to something that's more reasonably priced.
It was just a suggestion since some people here are new the Wii U and sometimes forget that they have DDP credit waiting for them to redeem, so there's no need to get offended by it. It doesn't matter how much it costs since the credit can make anything cheaper or free depending on how it's used, so use it in the way it makes the most sense to you.

The DDP was just for people that bought the original Deluxe model, right? We got a Windwaker Wii U. I don't get DDP, right? Or do I? Is it something I have to sign up for?

I guess it was supposed to end today, but the Zen Pinball 2 tables are still on sale:

Zen Pinball 2 - Captain America Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Civil War Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Earth Defense Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Epic Quest Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Excalibur Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Fantastic Four Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Mars Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Origins Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Vengeance & Virtue Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Paranormal Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Plants vs. Zombies Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Sorcerer's Lair Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Zen Classics Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

As far as recommendations, I haven't played everything, but Sorcerer's Lair and Plants vs. Zombies tables are my favorites with some of the Marvel stuff being pretty good, too. The packs are a bit mixed in that regard, as I liked the Spider-Man and Iron Man tables in the Marvel Pinball Origins Pack and not so much the Blade table. There are demos for every table/pack, so definitely try them out and see what clicks for you. The only table I'd recommend staying away from in the Zen Classics Pack since that has old Zen Pinball 1 tables that feel old in comparison to everything else. I can't imagine that these tables sell well at all consider how much work you have to do just to find them.

Nothing else seems to be new. Mega Man X2 is out for Virtual Console this week for $7.99.

bought a couple more tables for zen pinball 2 but strangely it is not showing up in game menu. oh well. prolly some delay in updating.

Gah, I just missed the sale on Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2. Does anyone know how often Nintendo discounts certain titles like these? I know it wasn't much (25% off)... 

It's the developer that is putting it on sale, not Nintendo, but most of these games have gone on sale every few months or so.

If anybody that gets the Zen Pinball 2 tables wants some leaderboard competition, feel free to send me a friend request to FriendlyTanuki.

Is their a certain day that Nintendo puts things on sale on the eshop or is it completely random?

For example MS and Sony usually have sales every Tuesday. 

Good catch! Why they didn't advertise this sale too?
I was getting ready to complain last night about them not having any of the other tables discounted and seen this on their blog. :D/

Wii U Sale: All DLC for Star Wars Pinball and Zen Pinball 2 will be 50% off from Dec 19 – Jan 2
Kinda sucks because if I would have noticed it sooner I would have bought a few more discounted eshop cards. Ended up getting plants vs zombies and Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles Pack since I have a lot of the older ones on ps3. I'll eventually get more if they go on sale again. Not feeling willy nilly enough to throw down like 30+ bucks to get them all in one go.

[quote name="DNukem170" post="11410269" timestamp="1388702037"]Try logging into http://ddp.nintendo.com and enter your NNID. That is literally all you have to do.[/quote]

Thanks! Looks like we qualify. Question: I looked at my Son's account because we put the eshop card on his account and he has some points (15 LOL!) If I buy something with my account will I get DDP points? Or is it one account per console, whichever bought something first?

Answered my own question: I logged in as me and I have 499 points. Doh! Got credit for Windwaker. If only we'd put the eshop card on my account we'd have a $5 credit when he bought the Super Metroid VC upgrade. Argh!

[quote name="StillFree" post="11411174" timestamp="1388718573"]nope it's back up to $15[/quote]

Shit! Was it just on sale and I missed it? How much? :(

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="11411268" timestamp="1388720542"]$7.50.[/quote]

Double damn! I knew I should have checked this thread more often. Hard to pay $15 for it now :(

Is their a certain day that Nintendo puts things on sale on the eshop or is it completely random?

For example MS and Sony usually have sales every Tuesday.
Thursdays are the main update day for the eShops, though there are some special cases that happen on other days.
Probably because they can only be bought via Zen's own game app, not the eShop.
The tables are available to purchase on the eShop. They're just well-hidden with the way that Nintendo does DLC on the eShop, as they should've put Zen Pinball 2 in the sales section.

It's the developer that is putting it on sale, not Nintendo, but most of these games have gone on sale every few months or so.

If anybody that gets the Zen Pinball 2 tables wants some leaderboard competition, feel free to send me a friend request to FriendlyTanuki.
Would you by chance have Pinball FX 2 on Xbox 360 as well? I would love to eventually unlock the Wizard Robe Avatar Award, but that requires an obscene Wizard Score of 100,000. I also have Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U, but still need to buy these more recent tables while they are still on sale.

Would you by chance have Pinball FX 2 on Xbox 360 as well? I would love to eventually unlock the Wizard Robe Avatar Award, but that requires an obscene Wizard Score of 100,000. I also have Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U, but still need to buy these more recent tables while they are still on sale.
Sure, I'm CrashSpyro on XBL if you want to add me there, too.

:x seriously.. if I desperately want to play pinball I'm sure there's some free flash game somewhere.

I liked the neo assault demo but do I wanna save $2 or wait for a larger discount? Gosh darnit...

I guess it was supposed to end today, but the Zen Pinball 2 tables are still on sale:

Zen Pinball 2 - Captain America Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Civil War Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Earth Defense Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Epic Quest Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Excalibur Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Fantastic Four Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Mars Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Origins Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Marvel Pinball Vengeance & Virtue Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Paranormal Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Plants vs. Zombies Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Sorcerer's Lair Table - $1.49 - 50% Off

Zen Pinball 2 - Zen Classics Pack - $4.99 - 50% Off

As far as recommendations, I haven't played everything, but Sorcerer's Lair and Plants vs. Zombies tables are my favorites with some of the Marvel stuff being pretty good, too. The packs are a bit mixed in that regard, as I liked the Spider-Man and Iron Man tables in the Marvel Pinball Origins Pack and not so much the Blade table. There are demos for every table/pack, so definitely try them out and see what clicks for you. The only table I'd recommend staying away from in the Zen Classics Pack since that has old Zen Pinball 1 tables that feel old in comparison to everything else. I can't imagine that these tables sell well at all consider how much work you have to do just to find them.
Gah, I wish they'd advertised this, but I'm glad I didn't miss out, thaniks a ton for sharing. I bought some more of the Marvel packs I'd been demoing, with Ghost Rider easily being the highlight for me. Too bad there's this one lone nut I know who constantly scores in the 100,000,000s :wall: I don't know if I will ever beat him.

I am curious why the Star Wars pinball tables are listed under a seperate app/download though? I mean that makes no sense, why isn't it simply DLC for Zen Pinball 2? Is there some reason they can't add new tables to WiiU?

While I'm on the subject, I had read that a new Dr Strange table was coming out for WiiU and should've been out in time for Xmas, but now I can't seem to find anything on that. Anybody know if we are getting that?

:x seriously.. if I desperately want to play pinball I'm sure there's some free flash game somewhere.

I liked the neo assault demo but do I wanna save $2 or wait for a larger discount? Gosh darnit...
That can be said for most every game. There's F2P FPS, Mario clones, puzzlers, ect. One of my favorite games of all time was Microsoft Ants, but that doesn't mean I refused to touch Pikmin just because Ants was free.

Most of the Zen Pinball tables I've played are much better than your common free pinball you can find online or installed on Windows. I have demoed most of the tables at least a couple of times and found Plants vs Zombies and Excalibur to be absolutely amazing. The Marvel tables aren't as great but there's some fun to be had on those too, I've enjoyed Spider-Man and Ghost Rider myself. It all boils down to how much you like pinball.

Now, all that said, buying on WiiU may not be the best choice. The only reason I bought on WiiU over PSN is because my idiot friends all bought on WiiU too and I wanted to compete in the leaderboards. PSN is certainly a better deal if you have a Vita, and they recently started allowing access to your tables on PS4. Likewise, if you have a smartphone or tablet and don't mind the touchscreens the tables seem to be a bit cheaper there. Hell, even my LG Smart TV has an app to buy Zen Pinball tables.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back