Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. It still runs in "Wii Mode" even though you don't have to use the Wii menu. I believe it does the exact same thing as when you launch a Wii disc straight from the Wii U menu, hence why save data is shared across disc and digital, and the Wii U has to basically reboot when you exit the game.

I just hope this means the Gamepad-as-a-Classic-Controller feature will also apply to Wii disc games too.
If that's the case I wonder if they would be able to apply an update that allow Wii discs to be booted up without going to Wii mode.

Feeling pretty good about selling my sealed Trilogy for an obscene amount a couple years ago. For $10 I will be happy to finally give Metroid Prime 2 a real shot.

Of course now I wish I had bought more than another $10 eShop credit yesterday. $320 won't last forever.
I will pick up digital copy for mg2 and metroid prime tri for $10 each and keep my sealed copy mg2 & Mt tin sealed as well :)

I know, but you no longer need to boot into the Wii Mode, get out your Wii Remote, insert the original disc, [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]navigate the channels, [/SIZE]and launch it to play that stuff. Now you just start the game from the Wii U menu and it does the rest for you, hence why I said they freed it from the clutches of the Wii Mode because it's a much more simple process now.
sorry, I was mistaken. I thought when you selected the Wii disc from the Wii U menu it booted straight into the game... but instead it sends you to the Wii menu where you have to select the Disc channel.

Weren't some of the unlockables in Prime Trilogy nerfed a while back? I remember hearing that something wasn't unlockable anymore.

Nintendo sure knows how to disappoint a guy. I was so excited when I read the headline, only to be super deflated when I read the specifics. Not only am I really bummed about the lack of Gamepad support, but I'm less hopeful than ever that we might get HD remasters for any of these games that feature improvements and Gamepad support.

...Although now that I think about it, it would be a typical Nitnendo move to try and milk these Wii VC releases right before they announce even better versions specifically for the Wii U. I guess there is still hope!

If they did they'd be more expensive, so if you want to wait to potentially pay more, that's an option!
I'd be more than happy to pay more for a better product, especially since I'd already have to pay more to play these games since I don't have or want a wii-more/nunchuck. Would love to at least see MPT and Galaxy remastered.

Theoretically, the way they're doing Wii games on the eShop suggests that they should be completely fine with putting GBA games up on the 3DS eShop, even if they only run through the DS mode that people around here have suggested is the reason why they'd never do such a thing.

Theoretically, the way they're doing Wii games on the eShop suggests that they should be completely fine with putting GBA games up on the 3DS eShop, even if they only run through the DS mode that people around here have suggested is the reason why they'd never do such a thing.
But that would make everyone happy...

Anybody else think it's weird that they skipped right over N64 and GCN and went straight to Wii?

Went ahead and bit on SMG2 for $10, and probably going to do the same for MPT. Never really interested in the former, and only played/still have the originals for the latter, but for that cheap it's worth backlogging.

Now to decide if I want to risk it and sell off my sealed copy of Pikmin 2 Wii now before it gets a VC release.

Anybody else think it's weird that they skipped right over N64 and GCN and went straight to Wii?
No because if what they said is true they didn't have to do any emulation and just made it so the game can launch without going into Wii mode first. The hardware compatibility was already in place.

There are issues with the special Super FX chip in Yoshi's Island that prevents it from coming to the Virtual Console, so the GBA version is the next best thing.
Is it decent? I think resolution is fairly close between GBA and SNES, but also heard they added annoying Yoshi noises everywhere.

Regardless, definitely getting Metrod, might get SMG2.

Kinda tempted on Super Mario 3D World for $45, but knowing it was on sale for $40 on the eShop a few months ago makes me feel bad for paying more. Nintendo games are so wacky with sales and price drops it's hard to say the next time it'll go on sale for an even $40. Oh well, backlogs big enough it probably behooves me to wait.

Is it decent? I think resolution is fairly close between GBA and SNES, but also heard they added annoying Yoshi noises everywhere.

Regardless, definitely getting Metrod, might get SMG2.
They muted baby mario's cries on the GBA version. Honestly, it's better than the original.

Good gravy I'm glad I stacked up on Nintendo credit. Steel whatever sale, BCEF, and now this WiiU sale.

I would be all over SMG2 on WiiU except for the stupid issue on my WiiU where Wii mode is shrunk to non-widescreen but looks like it is meant to be stretched to widescreen.

Pushmo is as always an easy recommendation but I bet most of you never beat the 3DS one and probably don't need to buy them all.

Punchout and MPT are so good that I might get them ANYWAY despite the Wii mode issue.

Nintendo just continues to take my money.  Need to replace my blue Wiimotes with these to go with Luigi and Peach.

ettv4botx70mofzug1cn.jpg

Wow, Mario Galaxy 2 is cheap. Excellent deal for people who don't own it. I'm debating purchasing Pushmo World, but I'd hate to buy now if it drops to 50% off at some point.

Wow, in one fell swoop Nintendo knocks off three titles from the Wants in my Trade list  :D/

Wished I'd got more from that $5 off $20 eShop cards sale last week at Fry's. Hopefully this announcement spurns more eShop cards sales soon. Plus, I just hooked up a spare 250GB hard drive to my WiiU recently, so keep'em coming Big N!!

how about this? really hope this becomes a thing, even though i don't know if i have anyone left to give away my wii remotes to make way for even newer ones

yoshis_wii_remotes_by_gamermakerguy-d7k9b39.png

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="12413605" timestamp="1421308701"]Nintendo just continues to take my money. Need to replace my blue Wiimotes with these to go with Luigi and Peach.

ettv4botx70mofzug1cn.jpg
[/quote]

Just like the Yoshi one these probably won't come out in the US

I would be all over SMG2 on WiiU except for the stupid issue on my WiiU where Wii mode is shrunk to non-widescreen but looks like it is meant to be stretched to widescreen.
You should be able to adjust this in your Wii settings. I had the same issue, but was able to resolve it (I don't remember exactly how, unfortunately, but I did)

Press release is out: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42407
Looks like not only are we getting the Throwback sale, but we're getting the "Super Indie Connection" sale as well! Get your pockets ready, people. Nintendo is a-comin'.
But Nintendo, I can't give no more!

Seriously Nintendo is backwards that they skipped the holidays and are now going to destroy us for the next three months. The number and quality of the titles coming out is like everyone else's Sept-Dec.

But Nintendo, I can't give no more!

Seriously Nintendo is backwards that they skipped the holidays and are now going to destroy us for the next three months. The number and quality of the titles coming out is like everyone else's Sept-Dec.
they arent stupid they are capitalizing on tax time they know people get refunds and they are right my GF is getting a 6-7 thousand check and she is buying me the new 3ds majoras mask 3ds xl. I know alot of ppl will use taxes to buy alot of there games

So the super indie connection sale is buy one get one 60% off.
Could I buy Swords and Soldiers for $3 and then log off and in another transaction get Teslagrad ($14.99) for 60% off.

I think you can get all of them for 60% off.

Of course the one I want to get is Teslagrad and for some reason that's not even 50% off.

The website says "fans who own any of the participating games, or purchase one at full price during the promotion, will get 60% off the other participating titles."

Is Teslagrad $6 for anyone?  It's showing $8 for me, and on the website, which is odd.

Oh, nevermind.  Shows $6 once I walk through the purchase process.

Here are the new deals for today:

Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend Rhythm Alien - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Chasing Aurora - $3.20 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

SteamWorld Dig - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Swords & Soldiers - $1.19 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Teslagrad - $6.00 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Promotions

• Purchase any of the above titles at full price and get any of the others for the prices above, which works with prior purchases.

New Releases:

Electronic Super Joy: Groove City - $4.99

Family Tennis SP - $4.99

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight - NES - $4.99

uWordsmith - $1.99

Citizens of Earth is out next week and will have a discount at launch on the eShops:

Wii U and 3DS (North America) -- Launches Tuesday, Jan. 20
20% discount ($11.99) at launch for one week (through 1/27)
Citizens of Earth is an Earthbound clone, for those that aren't aware of what sort of game it is.

they arent stupid they are capitalizing on tax time they know people get refunds and they are right my GF is getting a 6-7 thousand check and she is buying me the new 3ds majoras mask 3ds xl. I know alot of ppl will use taxes to buy alot of there games
I never said they were stupid, I think it's quite brilliant. Realistically Nintendo can't compete during the holidays right now. Not because of quality of the games but because things like Splatoon would sell a dozen copies and be forgotten about next to the marketing behemoths that live in that space. So they give us only a couple big steady titles like Smash and Pokemon with a couple others and call it a day.

Then after everyone's moved on from all of that stuff and the holidays are over they drop a massive hype bomb when nothing else is going on. A lot of it was really a surprise since we were all focused on the N3DS. So they kick off three months of craziness with the new system, their most anticipated games dropping with it months before anyone was really expecting, at least three first party titles each month and confirmed third party releases as well, new Amiibos, and bits of other excitement. How can you like Nintendo stuff and not be hyped?

This is the approach most of us wanted Nintendo to take with the holidays last year and were confused and disappointed when they only had like four games for the three biggest retail months of the year. It makes much more sense why they took that approach though and hopefully this gambit pays off for them. The headliner stuff people would be picking up anyway but now with less competing for their attention maybe they'll be willing to give a Code Name STEAM or Splatoon a chance that they wouldn't have otherwise. Then there's six months for word of mouth to build up around these new IPs and generate holiday sales. I doubt either will be FEA but I think Nintendo's setting those two in particular up to follow a similar arc. Unknown IPs (FE had a few games here that didn't sell well and Awakening was supposed to be the end of the series), they're probably expecting excellent reviews the way they've featured both, and hopefully the people that pick it up will cause a similar buzz from word of mouth.

Really think this is one of Nintendo's shrewdest approaches to the market this generation and would be down for them continuing this approach and having great Nintendo games to play over all the normally dead gaming months. Maybe we'll even get lucky and see some B1GX or similar promos to help get some of the new IPs into people's hands. At the least let's hope we get another free game when you register a system promo.

TLDR: I think Nintendo is taking a brilliant approach with the next few months.

Here are the new deals for today:

Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend Rhythm Alien - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Chasing Aurora - $4.79 - 40% Off - Ends 1/29

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - $3.90 - 74% Off - Ends 1/29

SteamWorld Dig - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Swords & Soldiers - $1.19 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29

Teslagrad - $6.00 - 60% Off - Ends 1/29
Why would Chasing Aurora, Guacamelee and S&S sell at those prices after the promo? Wasn't it 60% off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back