Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh I hate these sales.  I want Teslagrad at $6 but don't own any of the others and either have them on at least two other platforms (Runner 2, Guacamelee, SteamWorld), would be pointless for me to buy (Chasing Aurora since it's a local multiplayer game), or I just don't like enough to buy again (S&S).  I would triple dip on Guacamelee or SteamWorld at the sale prices but not regular.

I'm assuming if you have Sword and Soldiers already on Wii mode it doesn't qualify it has to be the Wii U version. I ask cause I got Wii points still.

EDIT: Went ahead and bought S&S WiiU for $3 but Guacamelee is only 60% off ($5.99)

Teslagrad is by far my favorite indie on the system, and it's probably one of my favorite if not my number one favorite game on the system. It's amazing. For $6... absolute no brainer. Same for Guacamelee.

I had Swords and Soldiers for the Wii, but picked it up again for the Wii U (mainly to get Guacamelee for 60% off.)  

3rd different system that I have Guacamelee on and will probably keep picking it up to support Drinkbox.  Love the games that those guys have done and want to do everything I can to encourage more from them.

But Nintendo, I can't give no more!

Seriously Nintendo is backwards that they skipped the holidays and are now going to destroy us for the next three months. The number and quality of the titles coming out is like everyone else's Sept-Dec.
Except that it does make sense.

They are smart to release this eshop surge as fill in between Wii U and 3DS releases. Giving the eshop releases and sales legitimate breathing room instead of having them past over for Smash, etc during the holidays.

Sure CAGs (myself included) would hoard the shit out of these titles during a holiday sale, probably never even play them anyways until months later.

There was plenty of content to play during the holidays and now Nintendo is using the eshop to help fill in the gaps during the first half of the year.

Except that it does make sense.

They are smart to release this eshop surge as fill in between Wii U and 3DS releases. Giving the eshop releases and sales legitimate breathing room instead of having them past over for Smash, etc during the holidays.

Sure CAGs (myself included) would hoard the shit out of these titles during a holiday sale, probably never even play them anyways until months later.

There was plenty of content to play during the holidays and now Nintendo is using the eshop to help fill in the gaps during the first half of the year.
Ahem:

I never said they were stupid, I think it's quite brilliant. Realistically Nintendo can't compete during the holidays right now. Not because of quality of the games but because things like Splatoon would sell a dozen copies and be forgotten about next to the marketing behemoths that live in that space. So they give us only a couple big steady titles like Smash and Pokemon with a couple others and call it a day.

Then after everyone's moved on from all of that stuff and the holidays are over they drop a massive hype bomb when nothing else is going on. A lot of it was really a surprise since we were all focused on the N3DS. So they kick off three months of craziness with the new system, their most anticipated games dropping with it months before anyone was really expecting, at least three first party titles each month and confirmed third party releases as well, new Amiibos, and bits of other excitement. How can you like Nintendo stuff and not be hyped?

This is the approach most of us wanted Nintendo to take with the holidays last year and were confused and disappointed when they only had like four games for the three biggest retail months of the year. It makes much more sense why they took that approach though and hopefully this gambit pays off for them. The headliner stuff people would be picking up anyway but now with less competing for their attention maybe they'll be willing to give a Code Name STEAM or Splatoon a chance that they wouldn't have otherwise. Then there's six months for word of mouth to build up around these new IPs and generate holiday sales. I doubt either will be FEA but I think Nintendo's setting those two in particular up to follow a similar arc. Unknown IPs (FE had a few games here that didn't sell well and Awakening was supposed to be the end of the series), they're probably expecting excellent reviews the way they've featured both, and hopefully the people that pick it up will cause a similar buzz from word of mouth.

Really think this is one of Nintendo's shrewdest approaches to the market this generation and would be down for them continuing this approach and having great Nintendo games to play over all the normally dead gaming months. Maybe we'll even get lucky and see some B1GX or similar promos to help get some of the new IPs into people's hands. At the least let's hope we get another free game when you register a system promo.

TLDR: I think Nintendo is taking a brilliant approach with the next few months.

The prices in the OP.
I'm not reading your stinking OP!

This seemed like a relevant place to ask this question:

How do I got about downloading the Zelda zone for for Sonic Lost World?  I cant seem to find it.

This seemed like a relevant place to ask this question:

How do I got about downloading the Zelda zone for for Sonic Lost World? I cant seem to find it.
If I recall right go to the eShop and find the game, then there should be an option from there to see what DLC is available for it. It's convoluted and silly but that should get you on the right path.

Wii games for $10 (almost regardless of what game it is, as long as it's quality) is pretty darn awesome.  However, I am going to find it pretty hard to spend $20 on a Wii game, even if it's something pretty darn awesome.  I hope they keep doing the $10 thing.  $20 seems like kind of a rip.  And it's a little cruel for people who might miss out at $10 to have to pay $20.

I guess I'm a little confused by what they're doing here.  But as long as I can somehow get them for $10, I'm happy.

Wii games for $10 (almost regardless of what game it is, as long as it's quality) is pretty darn awesome. However, I am going to find it pretty hard to spend $20 on a Wii game, even if it's something pretty darn awesome. I hope they keep doing the $10 thing. $20 seems like kind of a rip. And it's a little cruel for people who might miss out at $10 to have to pay $20.

I guess I'm a little confused by what they're doing here. But as long as I can somehow get them for $10, I'm happy.
I have a feeling after this month's trio of $10 we'll never see another sale like this til BlackFriday/X-mas time. And by then we might have doubled the number of Wii games if we are lucky.

Hopefully this trend will continue with every Wii debut because $10 Xenoblade would be awesome on the gamepad. $20 I might wait for a sale that may never come.

I have a feeling after this month's trio of $10 we'll never see another sale like this til BlackFriday/X-mas time. And by then we might have doubled the number of Wii games if we are lucky.

Hopefully this trend will continue with every Wii debut because $10 Xenoblade would be awesome on the gamepad. $20 I might wait for a sale that may never come.
Hopefully we'll get another good eShop sale to coincide with the mass of launches for Nintendo Christmas. Sadly those are the only non-shovelware sales we get anymore.

Maybe we'll get something similar Japan's 40% off sale on Feb 13th when the n3DSxl launches. Perhaps something for e3 (in June?) if they announce Gamecube digital games or the return of N64 games. But that's probably it as far as notable sales. Sure we'll probably see some Kirby/Yoshi specific sale coincide with Rainbow Curse/Wooly World but those will be 33% off max. Nothing like this 50% deal with these three Wii games.

Maybe we'll get something similar Japan's 40% off sale on Feb 13th when the n3DSxl launches. Perhaps something for e3 (in June?) if they announce Gamecube digital games or the return of N64 games. But that's probably it as far as notable sales. Sure we'll probably see some Kirby/Yoshi specific sale coincide with Rainbow Curse/Wooly World but those will be 33% off max. Nothing like this 50% deal with these three Wii games.
Oh definitely, these are like when they did all those games for like 90 cents or whatever it was when they came out.

There's always another 20% off eShop credit sale for that savings fix.

You're not likely to see Xenoblade show up any time soon with the New 3DS port pushing for upgrades.

...Then again, Europe's getting DKCR Wii next week, so who knows

The Wii games are $20 normally probably due to how other VC games are priced. NES games are usually about $5, SNES around $8-$10, and N64 games (on the Wii Shop anyway) were $10-$15.

Sort of?  I think the only SNES game over $8 was Earthbound ($10), and only 64 game over $10 was S&P ($12) that I can recall.  But $20 for Wii games leaves them a $15 pricepoint for GameCube games if they decide to go that route at some point.  DS games would probably also hit that price, with $8 GBA games.

There's always another 20% off eShop credit sale for that savings fix.

You're not likely to see Xenoblade show up any time soon with the New 3DS port pushing for upgrades.

...Then again, Europe's getting DKCR Wii next week, so who knows
That discounted credit is for stacking with the sales. :shame:

Europe's all screwy sometimes and the pipeline can't always fit the bits through in a timely manner. Always weird when it takes 3-6 months for a fairly major release to cross the ocean. It's like Nintendo had a luxury steam liner it uses to move them across the Atlantic.

That discounted credit is for stacking with the sales. :shame:

Europe's all screwy sometimes and the pipeline can't always fit the bits through in a timely manner. Always weird when it takes 3-6 months for a fairly major release to cross the ocean. It's like Nintendo had a luxury steam liner it uses to move them across the Atlantic.
which might explain why some promos and games never make it across the atlantic to us here then lol

giphy.gif

Wii games for $10 (almost regardless of what game it is, as long as it's quality) is pretty darn awesome. However, I am going to find it pretty hard to spend $20 on a Wii game, even if it's something pretty darn awesome. I hope they keep doing the $10 thing. $20 seems like kind of a rip. And it's a little cruel for people who might miss out at $10 to have to pay $20.

I guess I'm a little confused by what they're doing here. But as long as I can somehow get them for $10, I'm happy.
I think it's brilliant, pricing them half off the first week means they're going to sell a ton of copies that first week and a lot of people that might hold off and end up never buying them if the price was permanently $10 will buy during release week just because they might want the game. And the $20 regular price means they can keep N64 games at $8, SNES at $8, and NES at $5. If they priced Wii games at $10 regular price, they'd pretty much force themselves to lower the prices on everything else.

Sort of? I think the only SNES game over $8 was Earthbound ($10), and only 64 game over $10 was S&P ($12) that I can recall. But $20 for Wii games leaves them a $15 pricepoint for GameCube games if they decide to go that route at some point. DS games would probably also hit that price, with $8 GBA games.
$20 is just too dang much. $15 sounds about right, but I realize then there is no gap for Cube. I just don't think people will pay $20 for many of them. I hope they keep the $10 launch week thing going.

What they really need to do is offer cross-buy on the stuff that is on both 3DS and Wii U. Or better yet, get some permanent account system in place, so that if you buy a game, you own it and can download it on any platform it shows up on.

I think Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii is a little different than Xenoblade Chronicles Wii since that is a system seller on New 3DS. No one is buying a Wii U or 3DS or New 3DS for the Wii U or 3DS Kong games.

(Was replying to multiple people in this message but I screwed the formatting up, so now it looks like all this is in reply to one person. Sorry. Just can't be bothered at the moment.)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of the same with the first game, which a very good game. My disappointment with it stems from Nintendo not being consistent with their many Mario titles on whether lives reset between sessions. Most of them let you rack up as many lives as you can handle, but the Galaxy games reset you back to five lives every time you start it up. That led to me having much more trouble beating the original Galaxy than I should've had because I took on the last few levels in that game with just five levels than the 20+ I probably had before that. It's a bad design that made me wonder why they still have lives in the first place because it's so easy in most of them that it's ridiculous.

Still, it's a great game if you like Mario platformers.

Some people regard it as the best of all Mario games. Even if you don't like it that much it's still one of the best without doubt.
I would be among those Galaxy 2 is a great game, it's not revolutionary but they took everything that was great about the first Galaxy game and managed to make it better.

I think I already said it in this thread, but to me it should be a no brainer purchase for everyone who owns a Wii U and hasn't played it.

[quote name="Gedemer" post="12421792" timestamp="1421615477"]How good is Mario Galaxy 2?

I dont have the remotes to play but will pick it up for later if it's good[/quote] I think its one of the best games ever, and the best 3D Mario, hands down.

I was really hoping the Wii games would have it built in where you could play with the tablet. You have to have the wii motes + nunchuck to play these correct?

I was really hoping the Wii games would have it built in where you could play with the tablet. You have to have the wii motes + nunchuck to play these correct?
If it supports the classic controller then it will work with the gamepad. None of the first three do and only supported Wiimote and Nunchuck. Can't really expect a game to have been completely altered for a control scheme it never had or was designed for.

If they required Remote and Nunchuck, they still do. Those that supported the Classic Controller will support the GamePad, which the first three games do not.

Alright, I'm going to give Galaxy 2 another shot.  I had played it long ago at launch and had some issues with it that I don't remember (after enjoying the first Galaxy, even if I didn't think it was the best ever) that made me get rid of it.  For $10 in eShop credit, worth a second chance.

If they required Remote and Nunchuck, they still do. Those that supported the Classic Controller will support the GamePad, which the first three games do not.
That was my big thing with the Wii. I hated using the wii mote and nunchuck. I was really hoping they'd alter the controls for the wii pad.

Since these still play in Wii mode, but launches from the Wii U menu, i wonder if there will be an update soon that will allow the GamePad to be used instead of the classic controller Wii Disc games too.

That was my big thing with the Wii. I hated using the wii mote and nunchuck. I was really hoping they'd alter the controls for the wii pad.
This really just isn't feasible if the pointer or motion controls were used. And if they were optional usually the classic controller was supported, in which case this won't be an issue.

While I think the gamepad is great for what it is built for (second screen gaming), I'll still be happy with the comfy (d-pad aside) remote and nunchuk for the most part.

Since these still play in Wii mode, but launches from the Wii U menu, i wonder if there will be an update soon that will allow the GamePad to be used instead of the classic controller Wii Disc games too.
I just said that they do allow that for games that had Classic Controller compatibility. They're not going to do that for games that only offered support for the Wii Remotes since that's way more work than would be feasible for these re-releases.

I just said that they do allow that for games that had Classic Controller compatibility. They're not going to do that for games that only offered support for the Wii Remotes since that's way more work than would be feasible for these re-releases.
He wants it added on physical Wii games. I don't know if they would ever bother to make those launch from the Wii U menu to do that though, the VC stuff there's a financial incentive. Would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back