Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disc versions of Punch out now top $70, Return to Dreamland is close to that, and Prime Trilogy tops $100. $20 is a pretty good deal.
BWAH? My local video rental store was selling it for 25 last week. I was going to get digital, but that's a crazy difference.

I own SMG2 on disc for the Wii, yet I'm still debating buying it on the eShop. I guess it's because of laziness as that's the only logical reason I have... And having a couple bucks on my eShop left over from the digital deluxe promotion, meaning I could get it for under $8 isn't helping.

Someone talk me either out of it or into buying the game.

I own SMG2 on disc for the Wii, yet I'm still debating buying it on the eShop. I guess it's because of laziness as that's the only logical reason I have... And having a couple bucks on my eShop left over from the digital deluxe promotion, meaning I could get it for under $8 isn't helping.

Buy now, regret later.

I absolutely love Mario Galaxy 2, but I'd much sooner go grab the disc off my shelf than pay $10 for the convenience. That's just me.

I absolutely love Mario Galaxy 2, but I'd much sooner go grab the disc off my shelf than pay $10 for the convenience. That's just me.
Normally I would agree. But I'm noticing that if it's not a game I absolutely want to play that second, I will end up just playing whatever disc is in the system or one of the games off eShop... Laziness is really winning out on the Wii U for me.

Buy now, regret later.
But I don't wanna get married...

Thanks everyone. I'll probably just buy it. It's $8 on my end, not a big deal. Now, MPT in a couple weeks... that's mine.

Edit- no idea why that one quote showed up twice. First time it didn't show up so I tried again with something funnier and then it shows up. Yeesh.

Buy it now, sell your disc copy later. Mine is in the "to sell" pile sitting under my desk. *glances at it*

Guess I should ask here as well...

How are the 3rd party or "fake" wii u pro controllers and remote/nunchucks on eBay? They have sold a bunch and most have great reviews.

How does the eshop work? Are purchases tied to your system, or account like it is on XBox Live, PSN, and Steam?
Purchases are tied to a Nintendo Network ID account, and an account is tied to only one Wii U system. Downloads can be played by any user on the system, even if the original user is deleted (the NNID will remain tied to the system and can be relinked to a user if needed).

NNIDs can be transferred to a new Wii U (but all data on the original system will be cleared).

The interesting side-effect to all this is that you could sell a Wii U loaded with digital downloads and not have to tell the buyer any account or user information... which to my knowledge isn't possible with Xbox or Playstation. The downside is that there is no way to play your digital games on a friend's Wii U (or on a second system in another room)

Couple of questions. I sold my wii u during the holidays to help fund Christmas. I just bought my replacement console but it won't arrive until Monday. Is there any way to buy Mario Galaxy 2 at the sale price and then download it when the Wii u comes?

Also I deleted my account from that wii u. There were quite a few games on there. Is there any way to get that same account on my wii u?

General question, but how is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga? I saw it today while perusing the eShop and, since I've missed out on pretty much all handheld titles, I was intrigued.

Couple of questions. I sold my wii u during the holidays to help fund Christmas. I just bought my replacement console but it won't arrive until Monday. Is there any way to buy Mario Galaxy 2 at the sale price and then download it when the Wii u comes?

Also I deleted my account from that wii u. There were quite a few games on there. Is there any way to get that same account on my wii u?
I included links in the OP for the few games that you can purchase at the sale price off of Nintendo.com to get a code that you can redeem later.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: https://checkout.nintendo.com/#/item/WUPNVAAE/billing

Pretty torn on SMG2 since I have a perfectly good disc copy. It still uses remote + nunchuck so its literally just cutting out going in to Wii Mode. 10 bucks is an awesome price though... I'm thinking if Wii discs can't be played on the next Nintendo console it may be worth grabbing now in case they do discounted pricing like they did with NES/SNES games going from Wii to Wii U.

Maybe?

How does the eshop work? Are purchases tied to your system, or account like it is on XBox Live, PSN, and Steam?
They're tied to your system although you can have one Wii U and one 3DS on the same account. Kind of a pain. I've been having problems with my Wii U Gamepad lately and I'm afraid that I'll have difficulty getting my purchases back if I have to send it for repair.

On a totally unrelated topic, does anyone know how to use the custom controller configurations that you can use in the multiplayer mode on Smash Bros Wii U on the other mode where you can battle Master Hand and Crazy Hand? I've been using a Pro Controller since my Gamepad got weird and being forced to use the default scheme with jump assigned to the left and top face buttons is torture for me.

Possible black Friday 2015 wii u no longer backward compatible with wii games. Since nintendo about re - release all wii games on wii u.
That would be monumentally stupid since the Wii games on the eShop requires the Wii Mode to even function, so cutting that out would render the "re-releases" defunct.

Well, my dilemma of whether or not buy SMG2 on the eShop has ended. Found a physical copy for $16 on eBay so I'll have both games of the series physically. It's way better that way. ;) 

What's your experience with eshop? Is this likely going to be the one and only time to get this game at this price (or less), or will it probably be offered again in the next few years?

Just reminding everyone in the chaos of Club Nintendo ending that Citizens of Earth released today, at a "special introductory price" of $11.99!

Also, it's probably the last game to be released that will be worth coins, and it nets 20 plus 10 I assume for a post play.

It'll happen eventually. Every other title listed so far has become kinda rare / maintained its value. Skyward Sword needs to be played by more people, I loved it.

So i found out why my colors get weird when going into wii mode. I have too many P's, but i dont know how to reduce them on my TV. Apparently it needs to be in 480p and its currently in 1080p and i went through all the menus trying to manually switch it to 480p but couldn't find the option. Hopefully when i find the remote that came with the TV it has an easy way to switch the resolution

Edit. Figured it out... had to lower the resolution on the Wii u itself. Is there a way to have it so the resolution is only 480p in the Wii U menu? Or do i really have to switch back and forth every time I play a Wii game?

I ended up buying SMG2 digital with the sale, despite owning a sealed disc copy.  Figure maybe I can sell that down the road for some money and still be able to play the game.

I got Pikmin from there a few weeks ago with a WiiU gamepad battery. I think $16 bucks or so.

It says "refurbished". Does that mean they put it through one of those crappy disc doctors?
It is actually a factory sealed game, the only difference is on the cover it says "Nintendo Refurbished." Other than that, you would never know it wasn't a brand new copy from Walmart.

Decided to go ahead and grab SMG2 before the sale ended. I usually prefer physical over digital when there's an option, but I figure $10 bucks is a good enough deal for me. Hope to see more stuff like this from Nintendo in the future. Maybe if Nintendo gets lots of sales from these 50% off the first week games they have planed it will encourage them to keep doing more. I missed most of the Wii games. Just bought a Wii last year from a pawn shop for cheap to turn into an emulator machine. It would be nice to get to play some of the more expensive Wii titles I missed out on for a decent price. Looking forward to the Metroid prime trilogy. Only played the first one back in the day. Would be cool if they put the Wii Fire Emblem game up for sale too as that goes for $70 used at GS.    

Whaaaaaaa?!?!?!?!

I might need to stay tuned to the Nintendo store thing...
My camera is MIA, so I made a fast video showing them. Looks like they are factory sealed. See the red print on the front?

I need to check and see if they got CN codes.

Edit: Just opened Mario, Mint condition retail disc, health and safety slip, no manual or CN code.

http://youtu.be/sFUc80Umg7k

[quote name="CookieParty" post="12431538" timestamp="1421891218"]My camera is MIA, so I made a fast video showing them. Looks like they are factory sealed. See the red print on the front?

I need to check and see if they got CN codes.

http://youtu.be/sFUc80Umg7k[/quote]That's sweet.
Punch Out and Pikmin are a great deal then. I would buy 'em if i didn't have them already. Weird they sell it as refurbrished though.

That's sweet. Punch Out and Pikmin are a great deal then. I would buy 'em if i didn't have them already. Weird they sell it as refurbrished though.
Well if they get an open return, crushed merchandise, there's a game with a loose disc, etc. they can't sell that stuff as new. So they repackage it and sell it as refurbished.

Well if they get an open return, crushed merchandise, there's a game with a loose disc, etc. they can't sell that stuff as new. So they repackage it and sell it as refurbished.
They could also be stuff that retailers send back. When I did retail and we sat on a product for a while (6 months or so) we would send it back to get credit for it.

Both games work, so that's all I wanted. I sold a lot of my Wii stuff, and am trying to build my collection back up.

They could also be stuff that retailers send back. When I did retail and we sat on a product for a while (6 months or so) we would send it back to get credit for it.

Both games work, so that's all I wanted. I sold a lot of my Wii stuff, and am trying to build my collection back up.
Right, which is mostly open returns, damaged product, loose discs, etc.

Looked thru a few pages to check on this. The sale on yoshis island is the same as super Mario the snes version right ?
It's the GBA version of Yoshi's Island. There's some minor differences but it's perfectly solid if you want some Yoshi's Island.

It's the GBA version of Yoshi's Island. There's some minor differences but it's perfectly solid if you want some Yoshi's Island.
What bothers me the most is that Yoshi is permanently set to "auto-run", as if you were holding down the Y button on the SNES controller. It's a fair port, but the original is still far better. Pity they haven't been able to get around those graphical issues.

Pretty awesome deal, if they're all like that and he didn't just get lucky. I detest scratched discs, even if it doesn't affect play. Is this condition the same on hardware too? A console for $30 less (with shipping) than retail is awful tempting.

Personally, I like physical discs better, as 32 GB can fill up pretty fast. If you delete it to free up space can you re-download it later?

If so then that's much less of an issue, unless that persistent rumor comes true that Nintendo is going to abandon hardware and become a software-only developer. Should that happen, bye bye network and anything you own on there. Of course, these same rumors have been flying around since the GC days, but one of these console generations it might become true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back