Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really get how giving people the option to play with a more modern control style for the new Resident Evil remaster takes away from the "spirit of the game" or how it really affects anybody in any meaningful way for others to have the option to avoid tank controls. If that somehow ruins the game, then it was never any good to begin with.

If it was much cheaper I'd just recommend the Wii version but it's about the same price as RE-REmake. Having played the original to death I'm probably not going to go for HD until it's way cheaper. One new costume per character and the very minor graphical changes just aren't worth it to me. The new control option is against the spirit of the game in my opinion, and I still don't like the lazy widescreen, though I hear that its better than expected.

If you never did play REmake though $20 is certainly a fine price to buy it at, the minor additions are a nice bonus too. As far as sales. the other digital only HD REs, 4 and Code Veronica X on PS360, took FOREVER to go on sale. At least a year plus as far as I recall.

Only real nitpick complaint I have is the lazy import RE5 costumes. Jill is fine as she has the same design, but I wish they would have put Chris' outfit onto the REmake body model. Big McLargehuge just looks out of place to me in REmake.
I have played and beaten RE1 kinda recently on PS3. Also its two games that are on sale and likely wont be again for a while against one that I've already played that isnt on sale. Seems like a no brainer when I really think about it

I don't really get how giving people the option to play with a more modern control style for the new Resident Evil remaster takes away from the "spirit of the game" or how it really affects anybody in any meaningful way for others to have the option to avoid tank controls. If that somehow ruins the game, then it was never any good to begin with.
We put up with tank controls back in 1996 because it was a new experience - survival horror had rarely been done, and never this well. Nowadays, we're willing to put up with a lot less. I wish they had done with this remake what everyone wanted - the original RE with the newer, post-RE4 controls and setup.

We put up with tank controls back in 1996 because it was a new experience - survival horror had rarely been done, and never this well. Nowadays, we're willing to put up with a lot less. I wish they had done with this remake what everyone wanted - the original RE with the newer, post-RE4 controls and setup.
I'm not downplaying the necessity of the controls back when it launched, but offering people the ability to move in the direction that they're pointing isn't going to ruin the game if it's as good as its reputation proclaims. People get way too defensive about the control scheme like it was the only reason that the games were scary and it must be the only option or people might have a slightly different experience.

That sort of RE4-style remake of the original would be neat to see. RE5 had a mini-campaign as DLC that was an homage to the original, so it could definitely work if done right.

I don't think it ruins the game, and I'm glad this option WILL get more people to give the old games a chance, but it certainly makes normal zombies less dangerous. REmake is probably the classic game that it affects the least, because of Crimson Heads alongside all the normal monster stuff. Once you're really used to tank controls, you can escape almost as easily in the REs that have Quick Turn, plus REmake hasthe dagger/flashbang panic move. 

I've always though that kind of free control sucks in games with fixed camera angles too, change screens and you have to re-orient your controls 90% of the time. RE2 64 had this as an option and it was ass. I just always considered the slightly clunky controls that tank options offer to be part of the atmosphere of horror games in a way, even if that does sound dumb. Makes you feel weaker instead of an unstoppable killing machine ninja like you are in RE6.

I'm getting really annoyed with only being able to play Virtual Console games on the gamepad.  On my TV, there is just too much lag.  Apparently there is even lag on the gamepad, but I guess it's not enough to screw me up (too much?).

On a game like SM3DW, it doesn't bother me, I guess maybe because they're designed with input lag in mind.  Or is it just that I'm used to the way the retro games were on the original systems and on CRT TVs?  I swear they would be hard for anyone, even someone playing them the first time, because they just flat out require faster reaction time than an HDTV/Wii U will provide.

I guess I would like Nintendo to fix this somehow, or at least acknowledge it exists.  I don't know what to do besides get a new TV.  Apparently TVs with a "game mode" do not have these issues.  I'm sad, because I'm sick of playing them on the gamepad.  I don't want to buy a new TV, though.  :(

Guess I should have been buying them on 3DS instead.  NES Remix is unplayable for me on the TV, okay on gamepad, and much better on 3DS.

I don't know what to do besides get a new TV. Apparently TVs with a "game mode" do not have these issues. I'm sad, because I'm sick of playing them on the gamepad. I don't want to buy a new TV, though. :(

Guess I should have been buying them on 3DS instead. NES Remix is unplayable for me on the TV, okay on gamepad, and much better on 3DS.
Odd since many people complain that the gamepad screen has a slight lag especially with VC games (wireless video should be slower than wired video). Try to fiddle with your TV settings. HDTV's like to add extra filtering and smoothing which could cause more lag.. be sure to turn all that off

Odd since many people complain that the gamepad screen has a slight lag (wireless video should be slower than wired video). Try to fiddle with your TV settings. HDTV's like to add extra filtering and smoothing which could cause more lag.. be sure to turn all that off
Yeah, I've been all over the place in my TV settings and can find no helpful settings at all. There's no filtering or smoothing that I can find, just the standard brightness and such.

I do think the gamepad lags as well, but it lags less than my TV does. What would be ideal would be to just sit in front of the TV and play VC games with the Pro controller, as was stated--such fun! But yeah, my TV lags bad. Gamepad I'm sure lags but it does not bother me much. I would seriously try to find a CRT if they weren't so massive and heavy.

I don't think it was. I was just on the eShop on Tuesday to buy SMG 2 and don't recall seeing it in the sale section.

That would be Drederick Tatum. Tyson raped a woman.
Late reply, sorry. Yeah, I kind of thought so, but I didn't want to say rape without being sure. If I were Nintendo, I would not really want him in/on my game... and it wouldn't have anything to do with losing a title or losing a fight or something. Punch-Out never needed him anyway. It's not like it's a boxing simulation.

Yeah, I've been all over the place in my TV settings and can find no helpful settings at all. There's no filtering or smoothing that I can find, just the standard brightness and such.

I do think the gamepad lags as well, but it lags less than my TV does. What would be ideal would be to just sit in front of the TV and play VC games with the Pro controller, as was stated--such fun! But yeah, my TV lags bad. Gamepad I'm sure lags but it does not bother me much. I would seriously try to find a CRT if they weren't so massive and heavy.
What kind and size of TV do you have?

What kind and size of TV do you have?
It's a 2008 or so Sony 720p TV, maybe 36"? Sony Bravia KDL-32ML-130 or something like that (must be 32")

I've Googled this before to no avail. I don't know if other owners don't care or if it's just not a common gaming TV or what. Been a good TV overall and never noticed any problems with it before until I started playing Wii VC on it and Super Mario World was waaaay harder than I remembered. Then I got a Wii U and the gamepad audio was totally out of sync with the TV audio. And then I got NES Remix and finally realized how much easier it was on the gamepad and worked out it was because of input delay (or in this case, display delay).

Huh.  Noticed that when I picked up Mario Galaxy 2 last week, it never counted towards the Digital Deluxe Promotion.  What exactly are the qualifications for that thing? 

Not really too upset about, just my obsessiveness trying to catalogue what the eligibility requirements are.

Huh. Noticed that when I picked up Mario Galaxy 2 last week, it never counted towards the Digital Deluxe Promotion. What exactly are the qualifications for that thing?

Not really too upset about, just my obsessiveness trying to catalogue what the eligibility requirements are.
Digital promo ended on 12/31/2014. You can still redeem your points for an eshop code, but you can't gain any more points

Digital promo ended on 12/31/2014. You can still redeem your points for an eshop code, but you can't gain any more points
It was surprise extended. From the website: [NOTE] The Deluxe Digital Promotion will be discontinued on April 1, 2015. Please exchange your points for an activation code by March 31, 2015. Activation codes must be redeemed in the Nintendo eShop by June 30, 2015.

It was surprise extended. From the website: [NOTE] The Deluxe Digital Promotion will be discontinued on April 1, 2015. Please exchange your points for an activation code by March 31, 2015. Activation codes must be redeemed in the Nintendo eShop by June 30, 2015.
Pretty sure all that means is that you have to convert your points by the end of March, end of April the site will no longer be available, end of June all codes not redeemed will be expired.

That's how Nintendo's set up every other promo they've run over the last two years with the eShop/CN.

Maybe if you scrolled to the bottom of the page:

Promotion timeline
Earn points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.
Exchange points to receive activation codes by Mar 2015.

[SIZE=12.039999961853px]Activation codes earned must be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop by the end of June 2015.[/SIZE][SIZE=12.039999961853px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.039999961853px]There is no deadline to use funds once added to your balance in the Nintendo eShop.[/SIZE]

Pretty sure all that means is that you have to convert your points by the end of March, end of April the site will no longer be available, end of June all codes not redeemed will be expired.

That's how Nintendo's set up every other promo they've run over the last two years with the eShop/CN.
This is correct, and was discussed at length in the middle of December. No one's getting any more DDP points.

Ah-ha.  Well, that sates my curiousity.  Took that extension thing to mean what I wanted it to instead of what it actually does.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Just remember not to buy Other M when they rerelease it.
While I didn't hate that game quite as much as some people did, there's no way in hell I would buy a second time or waste valuable hard drive space on it.

fun fact, my local Target still has a stack of these they are trying to sell for $49.99.

I still haven't decided whether or not to pull the trigger on Punch Out. Opinions?
Awesome game, particularly if you enjoyed the previous ones.

I'm glad I stopped to read this thread, I had forgotten completely about this whole Digital Deluxe program - I went and checked and had two $5 codes waiting for me, I guess that'll just about pay for Metroid Trilogy.

If you're interested in it at all it's worth $10. Next Level Games know how to make great Nintendo games (Strikers series & Luigi's Mansion 2) If you have a balance board too try it out with the motion controls. You're not going to have a lot of success the more precise the later matches require but it is a blast to play.

It's a 2008 or so Sony 720p TV, maybe 36"? Sony Bravia KDL-32ML-130 or something like that (must be 32")

I've Googled this before to no avail. I don't know if other owners don't care or if it's just not a common gaming TV or what. Been a good TV overall and never noticed any problems with it before until I started playing Wii VC on it and Super Mario World was waaaay harder than I remembered. Then I got a Wii U and the gamepad audio was totally out of sync with the TV audio. And then I got NES Remix and finally realized how much easier it was on the gamepad and worked out it was because of input delay (or in this case, display delay).
That sucks. Usually Sony TVs are pretty decent in the lag department. There's not really much you can do except get a new one. It's the nature of the beast, that TV is probably too old to have a game mode.

If you ever replace it, just Google "Input Lag Database" it should help you in finding a new TV.

It was something I started looking in to, when I was looking hard to replace my DLP TV, but I never really got around to replacing it.

Like on the front of the case or on the art itself?
Printed on the artwork.

http://youtu.be/sFUc80Umg7k

I still haven't decided whether or not to pull the trigger on Punch Out. Opinions?
If there is any love for Punchout in your heart you are an absolute idiot if you don't. You could POSSIBLY buy a disc copy elsewhere for that price but this is an excellent package from tip to toenails.

If there is any love for Punchout in your heart you are an absolute idiot if you don't. You could POSSIBLY buy a disc copy elsewhere for that price but this is an excellent package from tip to toenails.

If it has a feature called DRC, turn that off. That is the usual sony culprit for lag. But otherwise just try turning off every video processing feature and switch video modes. There is sometimes a "game" mode.

New stuff is up.

Throwback Sale

Metroid Prime Trilogy - 9.99

Mario Kart 8 - 44.99

Super Mario Kart - 5.99

Curve Digital

Thomas Was Alone - 6.99

Lone Survivor: Director's Cut - 8.99

The Swapper - 14.99

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - 10.99

3DS Throwback games are Metroid NES, Mario Golf GBC, and Mario Golf: World Tour 3DS.

I ended up not getting Punch Out (I'm pretty sure I have a physical copy packed away somewhere, although I never got around to playing it. Most likely bought it used). I decided to save the drive space and money for something I really want - MP Trilogy, can't wait to get home and start the download.

The page for Metroid Prime Trilogy says that the Wii Remote and Nunchuk are required to play.  Does anyone know how that works for Metroid Prime?  Are there motion controls?  Can I really not use the Gamepad or a pro controller?

The page for Metroid Prime Trilogy says that the Wii Remote and Nunchuk are required to play. Does anyone know how that works for Metroid Prime? Are there motion controls? Can I really not use the Gamepad or a pro controller?
The reason Trilogy exists was to add pointer controls from MP3 into the first two games.

If it has a feature called DRC, turn that off. That is the usual sony culprit for lag. But otherwise just try turning off every video processing feature and switch video modes. There is sometimes a "game" mode.
If you can rename inputs, try naming it "PC" and see if that makes any difference. It's usually more of a Samsung trick, but who knows. Maybe it'll help.

looks like a good time to grab MPT and sell the physical copy, though I may wait a bit to sell since I'm sure others are doing the same, might sap the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back