Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it weird I want to buy a Wii U just because they released the Metroid prime Trilogy. I've been holding out for Xenoblade Wii U

Return to Dreamland is coming at some point, so you dun goofed.

Well maybe not, you still have a physical copy at the end of the day, and $30 ain't bad.
Honestly dude, I sold a bunch of my first-party stuff away because I needed cash over the past few years when I had to take a 25% pay cut and my wife was out of work.

I have the opportunity now, so I am rebuilding my collection. I like those old physical Nintendo discs, and it lets me play my Wii elsewhere. I've been very lucky to get most of it for pretty good prices and through trades.

I have a WiiU, but the original Wii is still hooked up right beside it. I am not a fan of digital, so it all works out. I just consider myself pretty lucky to be able to own the game, along with all the other ones I have, really.

Plus if it's $10 on eShop, I don't see that disc value dropping a whole shit ton. People still want those Nintendo discs.

Thanks for the heads up! Never traded in at Best Buy before, last time I tried they gave me a huge hassle. Hopefully I have more luck this time around.
1) only do trades in Best Buy at the Customer Service desk. technically all employees are trained to do it but the CS people know what they're doing and it's super easy.

2) whether it's for $35 or $42, you won't find a better deal in terms of switching out your physical copy for a digital one. 1st party titles don't go on sale very often on the eShop and it's usually in the $40-45 range, and your physical disc will only slowly go down in value.

Is it weird I want to buy a Wii U just because they released the Metroid prime Trilogy. I've been holding out for Xenoblade Wii U
Go ahead and buy it on the eShop (it'll give you an activation code) and you'll get it for the $10 launch price, then if you do buy a Wii U you already have it.

Go ahead and buy it on the eShop (it'll give you an activation code) and you'll get it for the $10 launch price, then if you do buy a Wii U you already have it.
Artie, the strongest man in the world!

only relevant because I was playing guitar earlier and was rocking out some "hey Sandy." Best show ever, with the best theme song ever.

1) only do trades in Best Buy at the Customer Service desk. technically all employees are trained to do it but the CS people know what they're doing and it's super easy.

2) whether it's for $35 or $42, you won't find a better deal in terms of switching out your physical copy for a digital one. 1st party titles don't go on sale very often on the eShop and it's usually in the $40-45 range, and your physical disc will only slowly go down in value.
I might have to pass on Best Buy, as it seems they require two forms of ID for trade-in, which I don't have. Too bad.

$35 still isn't bad, though.

I might have to pass on Best Buy, as it seems they require two forms of ID for trade-in, which I don't have. Too bad.

$35 still isn't bad, though.
I wonder if that's a local law? The Gamestops within the city limits here are zoned as pawn shops so they have to abide by all pawn shop laws (which include taking your photo when you trade things in, it's weird).

I've never been asked for two forms of ID at BB and have traded there more than a few times... Unless they count Reward Zone as an identifier and never mentioned it. If it isn't out of your way you might as well try it, the worst they can do is tell you no.

Wish I knew about the MK8 value earlier, was there earlier tonight.  Won't be back over that way until Sunday and probably won't hold.  If it does I suppose I would convert to digital for a $3 cost.  Too bad there's no DDP now or that would be a no brainer.

I wonder if that's a local law? The Gamestops within the city limits here are zoned as pawn shops so they have to abide by all pawn shop laws (which include taking your photo when you trade things in, it's weird).

I've never been asked for two forms of ID at BB and have traded there more than a few times... Unless they count Reward Zone as an identifier and never mentioned it. If it isn't out of your way you might as well try it, the worst they can do is tell you no.
Yeah, the store page just says "To comply with local requirements, please bring a 2nd form of ID." I trade things in at many different stores within a mile of this place, none of which require anything like that. Pretty strange.

I can fly on a place without any ID by answering security questions, but can't trade in a video game without two IDs. Laws are weird.

Who has a 2nd ID? The only thing I can think of is a passport. My work badge has name and picture, but that's it.

I think it also says it is for building ID only or something.

I was hesitant to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy because I remember thinking that Metroid Prime 3's motion controls were tiresome, but the $9.99 price, as many other people have already said, was too good to pass up.  Anyway, I'm glad I didn't pass because I just spent two hours enjoying Metroid Prime.  The controls are fine.  I haven't played the game on GameCube in so long that I can't fairly compare the GameCube controls with the Wii controls.

Who has a 2nd ID? The only thing I can think of is a passport. My work badge has name and picture, but that's it.

A second ID can be a thing like a Credit or Debit card, passport, social security number card, military ID, certain school ID's and official school Transcripts, some places accept things like utility bills, and of course there's your birth certificate. Really, unless you're homeless, or had really irresponsible parents that lost or never even got your birth certificate or SSN card, everyone should have a second form of ID.

A second ID can be a thing like a Credit or Debit card, passport, social security number card, military ID, certain school ID's and official school Transcripts, some places accept things like utility bills, and of course there's your birth certificate. Really, unless you're homeless, or had really irresponsible parents that lost or never even got your birth certificate or SSN card, everyone should have a second form of ID.
Gas or electric bills work too.

Not sure but did you know you can use a USB stick? That's what I use with my Wii U.
I skipped punch out because of low space. Now I wanted to download MPT so I had to move some stuff to a USB flash drive. I'm a little worried that it will fail given Nintendo's insistence that it will happen quickly and you'll lose your data! I may have to break down and buy an external hard drive though I don't want to.

Problem with external hard drive: The Wii U doesn't have an ethernet port. That means I have to use a USB to ethernet adapter in one of the rear ports so I only have 1 port open so a Y cable won't work for me. Why the hell didn't they put in an ethernet port?

It's the best Mario Kart.
A lot agree with that. It has great track design, but F-Zero like pseudo 3-D, meaning all flat landscapes, sprites for racers, and half the screen devoted to rear view. Interestingly, the pick up coins for speed has re-emerged in MK8. If you're into the series its worth getting just for the history lesson, and still has some of the most challenging track design, but it is very dated technologically.

The controls are probably what makes that the best game ever made.

I don't know how, but they actually made truly great controls even better.
I played for about an hour trying to get used the control, it was very difficult for me to control, I'm left handed and seeing my right arm extended I the screen had my brain a little confused, I may try to play with my wiimote in my right hand and see if that works better for me. I do remember having trouble with twilight princess due to the same reason.

For all who are considering MPT but already have the disc version, watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xoXTwaCOA

Load times are DRAMATICALLY improved, making this by far the superior version.

I skipped punch out because of low space. Now I wanted to download MPT so I had to move some stuff to a USB flash drive. I'm a little worried that it will fail given Nintendo's insistence that it will happen quickly and you'll lose your data! I may have to break down and buy an external hard drive though I don't want to.

Problem with external hard drive: The Wii U doesn't have an ethernet port. That means I have to use a USB to ethernet adapter in one of the rear ports so I only have 1 port open so a Y cable won't work for me. Why the hell didn't they put in an ethernet port?
I've been using a USB stick for about six months now and it's been perfectly fine. USB sticks are more prone to failure by default, but they're not fragile unless you go for the cheapest thing out there over established brands.

Anyone know how long the Flashback sales are lasting? It this the last week or will it be ever week for x amount of time? I don't think I ever saw an end date posted.

Anyone know how long the Flashback sales are lasting? It this the last week or will it be ever week for x amount of time? I don't think I ever saw an end date posted.
According to the deals page, under the Throwback Sale section: http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers
"Check them out on Nintendo eShop, and come back next week for new deals!"

So take that for what you will. But I'd say hopefully there's more.

Wish I knew about the MK8 value earlier, was there earlier tonight. Won't be back over that way until Sunday and probably won't hold. If it does I suppose I would convert to digital for a $3 cost. Too bad there's no DDP now or that would be a no brainer.
Best Buy's running a trade-in bonus right now. It'll be gone Sunday.

I played for about an hour trying to get used the control, it was very difficult for me to control, I'm left handed and seeing my right arm extended I the screen had my brain a little confused, I may try to play with my wiimote in my right hand and see if that works better for me. I do remember having trouble with twilight princess due to the same reason.
I never understood why this is such a problem for some people. Does being left-handed make your right arm shrivel up into a stub or something?

This is week 3, and these usually last about a month. Take that as you will.

Best Buy's running a trade-in bonus right now. It'll be gone Sunday.

I never understood why this is such a problem for some people. Does being left-handed make your right arm shrivel up into a stub or something?

This is week 3, and these usually last about a month. Take that as you will.
No it doesn't make my arm shrivel up, but rs jarring to my old brain to hold up my left arm to see the right arm being held up. It confuses my feeble mind.

Sounds like you're asking for GameCube VC, not remakes of Wii games to remove all of the motion control stuff.
You are absolutely correct, I would love a GameCube VC. It's strange to me that we are getting digital copies of Wii games before GameCube as well. I'm clearly not alone in disliking the motion controls for the Wii games.

I've been using a USB stick for about six months now and it's been perfectly fine. USB sticks are more prone to failure by default, but they're not fragile unless you go for the cheapest thing out there over established brands.
I had one fail a while back but that's the only one I can remember that failed. It's true though that they have a limited number of read/writes on them. Since I can't get a "portable" external hard drive I would have to get a regular one. It's difficult finding one of those with a power switch. I really see no reason to leave a hard drive running all the time, even when the Wii U is powered off.

not wierd at all. I can make the case that the $10 re release is a better option than the broken, incomplete fps of recent times.

I would buy a wii u for this game, especially If you have plans to buy gsmes in the future for it.

For all who are considering MPT but already have the disc version, watch this video:

Load times are DRAMATICALLY improved, making this by far the superior version.
it looks pretty good on my 32 inch tv also. Suprisingly good compare to Mario Galaxy 2 which looked horrendous.

Yeah, the store page just says "To comply with local requirements, please bring a 2nd form of ID." I trade things in at many different stores within a mile of this place, none of which require anything like that. Pretty strange.

I can fly on a place without any ID by answering security questions, but can't trade in a video game without two IDs. Laws are weird.
I have a work ID from my job that has worked fine before. Does it have to be state issued or does a school, work, etc ID work too? I suppose I have a passport but I'd feel silly on principal taking it to Best Buy...

I had one fail a while back but that's the only one I can remember that failed. It's true though that they have a limited number of read/writes on them. Since I can't get a "portable" external hard drive I would have to get a regular one. It's difficult finding one of those with a power switch. I really see no reason to leave a hard drive running all the time, even when the Wii U is powered off.
A USB powered external won't run all the time. Once the system shuts off the drive shuts off.

I have been using a USB drive with my wii u for over a year and no problems. Though I did switch it out for a bigger one recently. If you change the drive every 2-3 years you will be fine, usb drives are so cheap these days

A lot agree with that. It has great track design, but F-Zero like pseudo 3-D, meaning all flat landscapes, sprites for racers, and half the screen devoted to rear view. Interestingly, the pick up coins for speed has re-emerged in MK8. If you're into the series its worth getting just for the history lesson, and still has some of the most challenging track design, but it is very dated technologically.
It would've been cool if Nintendo had some throwback modes featuring the tracks/racers remade to look like the SNES or N64 games. At the least, SMK or MK64 skins for racers could've been really cool bits of fan service, as I loved the way MGS4 had a PS1-quality mask for Snake to wear during the Shadow Moses mission.

Was metroid prime trilogy really 8GB on wii/gc?  That's about a third of the wii u capacity on 1 game and made me finally attach an external.  Like others, I've seen nintendo's claims of doom if you use a flash drive, but I would rather let a $10 flash drive die and redownload everything than keep a powered hard drive attached.  So I will just put less used games on the external.  I may switch it to a usb-powered drive (also not reccom'd by nintendo), but I don't really want to waste that much space since I doubt I would need more than another 100GB ever.

And isn't the internal wii u memory flash memory?  So shouldn't it also have the limited rewrite issue?  I doubt they have a rotational drive that small.

I got error code 160-0103 while downloading Metroid Prime Trilogy. My system reset just fine, but I had to delete and restart the download.

Apparently, this error has a history of indicating to Smash Bros players that their consoles are now bricked. Anyone else get this error from MPT or another download?

Interestingly I saw a copy of Mario Kart DS at Walmart today in the case with that refurbished strip...is Walmart carrying refurb games now or was that a fraudulent return?

Interestingly I saw a copy of Mario Kart DS at Walmart today in the case with that refurbished strip...is Walmart carrying refurb games now or was that a fraudulent return?
Walmart sells used games so it must've been a trade in.

That strip is so ugly, who is the genius at Nintendo that thought it was a good idea to make their refurb games less appealing?

Its an affordable alternative to people who just want to *gasp* play the game.
It's the same sort of thing people say about GH/PH versions of games that I never got. There are plenty of copies out there without it, so pay for them instead if the cover bothers you that much.

A USB powered external won't run all the time. Once the system shuts off the drive shuts off.
In fact, it often stops spinning while the Wii U is still turned on if it's not being accessed. How much power does an external HDD even use? I don't quite understand the reservations. I've got mine with an external power supply which I admit is not as handy as a y-cable, but it doesn't really bother me. It's not like I don't already have 10,000 things plugged in over there. :)

...You try to hold your left arm up and your right arm goes up instead? What?
He is holding the Wiimote in his primary hand, which is his left hand, which activates the in-game character's right hand. It causes cognitive dissonance and confusion. Meanwhile, if he wants to play it as intended, he has to become partially ambidextrous and hold the Wiimote in his non-primary hand, his right. This might not sound like a big deal to you, but spend a day with your right hand tied to your side and use your left hand for everything. It takes a lot of effort. If we are heavily one-handed, our entire brain gets organized around it. Our brains can reorganize, but it's not all that fun or simple, takes a lot of effort, and for some folks it's harder than others.

No it doesn't make my arm shrivel up, but rs jarring to my old brain to hold up my left arm to see the right arm being held up. It confuses my feeble mind.
There's nothing wrong with your mind. I can see how that would be bizarre for you.

Ha, you are the most left-hander-intolerant person I've ever encountered. Did you know left-handed people on average die earlier, simply from the stress of living in a right-handed world? You are contributing for this poor fellow.

In fact, it often stops spinning while the Wii U is still turned on if it's not being accessed. How much power does an external HDD even use? I don't quite understand the reservations. I've got mine with an external power supply which I admit is not as handy as a y-cable, but it doesn't really bother me. It's not like I don't already have 10,000 things plugged in over there. :)
USB 3.0 is up to 900 mA and USB 2.0 is up to 500 mA. Since the 3.0 drives need a Y adapter to work on the USB 2.0 ports it somewhere between 501 and 900 mA.

USB 3.0 is up to 900 mA and USB 2.0 is up to 500 mA. Since the 3.0 drives need a Y adapter to work on the USB 2.0 ports it somewhere between 501 and 900 mA.
Venkman: Ray, for a moment, pretend that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on.

i.e. is that a lot of power or something? :)

I just have an old USB 2.0 I use since the Wii U, sadly, can't make use of USB 3.0 speeds anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back