Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that the Splatoon servers will go down quickly for the one-hour beta test tonight. The Splatoon site that the demo redirects to for news about when the servers go live says pre-orders on the eShop get to use a special skin for the beta, but also that it doesn't transfer to the full game. 

Oh nice, I just did the Wii transfer and was wondering when Paper Mario would land in the eshop.

Gamepad compatibility here I come!

Now I just need them to add Star Fox 64 and Mario RPG.
Can you follow up on this? Is Paper Mario now playable with the gamepad or Classic Controller?

I'm looking for more of a hands on confirmation but thanks all the same.
Is this enough for you?

gallery_1032_4755_149515.png

Sigh, Nintendo.  If ever there was the perfect opportunity so a crazy paint job special edition system bundle it would be this Splatoon bundle.  Of course the system is plain black.  They just could have covered it entirely in the purple, orange, and green paint splotches and it would have been amazing (sort of like they did the back of the box).  Opportunity missed.

I need to look into what else Splatoon has beyond this 4v4 territory mode, as I need a lot more than that to make it worth $60 or anywhere close to that.

From what I can see, there's just a King of the Hill-style mode on MP to go with it, the campaign, and a local MP score attack mode that seems to be it. There should be more modes that they can do with this sort of game beyond the two online MP modes it has, so I'll probably wait until it's more of a complete product in the fall.

I'm a bit curious why it's launching with only 5(?) maps and no custom matches, at least a few of the maps looked done. I won't be surprised if I get in for my b-day in June, but otherwise I'd probably only go for it at launch if I only had a Wii U. As is I have plenty of shooters to play

But I did have a lot of fun with the Demo. If gameplay is solid enough like that I bite on a game early sometimes. If it had voice chat I'd be a lot more inclined. I don't love that the challenge mode is locked behind Amiibo, but if that led to the map, mode, weapon, and gear additions being free like they are I can accept it.

Here are the new deals for today:

Arrow Time U - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

DuckTales: Remastered - $6.75 - 55% Off - Ends 5/28

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

GetClose - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 5/28

GravBlocks+ - $2.50 - 50% Off - Ends 5/17

Hello Kitty Kruisers - $9.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Midnight - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Nihilumbra - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/28

Resident Evil Revelations - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

Snake Den - $1.25 - 69% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Toon Tanks - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

Ultratron - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 5/26

Wooden Sen'SeY - $2.99 - 7-% Off - Ends 5/21

New Releases:

Funk of Titans - $8.99

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue - GBA - $7.99

Mega Man Battle Network 3 White - GBA -  $7.99

New Super Mario Bros. - DS - $9.99

Nihilumbra - $9.99

Ultratron - $9.99

Two sales on new games, so grab those if you're interested in them. For whatever reason, they changed the "Purchase" button on the eShop to a "Proceed to Purchase Screen" button that seems like a weird move to make.

I don't know about technical differences, but I'd imagine the rest is just platform-specific stuff (Miiverse/Achievements/Controllers and such) that is just based on preferences.

I only ever played the Wii U version of Revelations, so can't speak to technical differences or anything. I did rather like having the inventory accessible at all times on the gamepad, though.

All those good-great Capcom games on the VC and none of them go on sale today? *sigh*

I think I bought everything on the VC that has ever gone on sale. I really wish it would happen more as I purchased a $20 card at work today anticipating at least some oldies like maybe Final Fight and Gargoyle's Quest having a discount. Oh well, I tried.

Here is the new deal for today:

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Revenge - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Ending Soon:

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 5/21

Family Tennis SP - $3.70 - 26% Off - Ends 5/21

Nano Assault Neo - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/21

SteamWorld Dig - $4.49 - 50% Off - Ends 5/21

Wooden Sen'SeY - $2.99 - 7-% Off - Ends 5/21

Master Reboot - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/18

Shiny The Firefly - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/20

Stone Shire - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/1

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 6/4

Ending Soon:

New Releases:

Blocky Boy - $1.99

Journey of a Special Average Balloon - $1.49

Mega Man Zero 2 - GBA - $7.99

Shapes of Gray - $6.99

Stone Shire - $9.99

Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force - SNES - $7.99

Swords & Soldiers II - $19.99

Vector Assault - $4.99

Next week is Don't Starve: Giant Edition, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Red Sun, and Splatoon. The Splatoon beta is opening up again for another hour on 5/23 at 3 PM PT/6 PM ET to 4 PM PT/7 PM ET.

I'm kind of psyched by the release of Super Earth Defense Force, as that's a SNES game I played all of the time as a kid and it seems like a game that nobody on the internet ever talks about.

Does anyone know if the 3ds, 3dsXL charger works for the Wii-u controller? I cant seem to find the cradle/charger for my wii-u controller but i have both my 3ds and 3dsxl (think theyre both the same) and if i recal thats roughly what it looked like

are they the same thing? Or do i have to go digging through the closet to try to find the wii-u charger?

I used to own Super EDF back in the 90's and really loved it. Complete in the box, too. Traded it at a shop likely towards another game, but have regretted it ever since. I'll miss the cart but that's a great price for that game.

Space Megaforce is still my personal favorite SNES shooter.

Does anyone know if the 3ds, 3dsXL charger works for the Wii-u controller? I cant seem to find the cradle/charger for my wii-u controller but i have both my 3ds and 3dsxl (think theyre both the same) and if i recal thats roughly what it looked like

are they the same thing? Or do i have to go digging through the closet to try to find the wii-u charger?
The plug on the Wii U cable is a bit bigger.

Yeah, it's very similar but is different.  Really would have been great if they had made them interchangeable or if you could find any accessories for the Wii U pad anywhere.  There's knock off ones on Amazon but if you want the real deal you'll probably have to go direct through Nintendo.

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $3.99 - 56% Off - Ends 6/30

Bombing Bastards - $4.99 - 29% Off - Ends 6/1

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/30

Color Zen - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 6/30

Color Zen Kids - $1.79 - 55% Off - Ends 6/30

My Style Studio: Notebook - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 6/30

Ending Soon:

Arrow Time U - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

DuckTales: Remastered - $6.75 - 55% Off - Ends 5/28

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

GetClose - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 5/28

Midnight - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Nihilumbra - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 5/28

Resident Evil Revelations - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 5/28

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Revenge - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/28

Toon Tanks - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 5/28

I went in to download my free Club Nintendo copy of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze after not turning my system on since February and my Wii U automatically downloaded this thing called Amiibo Tap. Will anything bad happen to my system if I delete Amiibo Tap? I refuse to spend a dime on anything Amiibo related and I prefer to use the space for a game.

I went in to download my free Club Nintendo copy of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze after not turning my system on since February and my Wii U automatically downloaded this thing called Amiibo Tap. Will anything bad happen to my system if I delete Amiibo Tap? I refuse to spend a dime on anything Amiibo related and I prefer to use the space for a game.
Nothing bad will happen - go ahead and delete it.

Nintendo bricks any system that dares to delete Nintendo content from its hard drive. ;)

Seriously, there's no reason to be afraid of deleting anything on a Wii U. You might want to turn off the automatic download feature if you're concerned about hard drive space.

Yeah, it's very similar but is different. Really would have been great if they had made them interchangeable or if you could find any accessories for the Wii U pad anywhere. There's knock off ones on Amazon but if you want the real deal you'll probably have to go direct through Nintendo.
blea. Spent almost an hour looking for it and finally found the charger today. I better plug it in and get the games i got from club nintendo before the codes expire too.

This reminds me that i need to get a 2nd set of component cables for the old Wii. Im guessing directly through Nintendo is the only place to still get those? I dont want a crappy 3rd party one

blea. Spent almost an hour looking for it and finally found the charger today. I better plug it in and get the games i got from club nintendo before the codes expire too.

This reminds me that i need to get a 2nd set of component cables for the old Wii. Im guessing directly through Nintendo is the only place to still get those? I dont want a crappy 3rd party one
I don't think you're going to be able to get them unless you want to pay a crazy mark up or get a used set. Only cables Nintendo sells for it any longer are composite: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat10019

I don't think you're going to be able to get them unless you want to pay a crazy mark up or get a used set. Only cables Nintendo sells for it any longer are composite: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat10019
Craapppp, it looks like your right. That sucks. I know they had them on hand last year but didn't want to pay the high price for them. When i checked i realized you couldn't buy them in stores or amazon anywhere, but i forgot to go back to the Nintendo store and get one. Guess im just screwed now =(

Id ask if the Wii-U ones work with the Wii but they dont seem to make them for Wii-U

Craapppp, it looks like your right. That sucks. I know they had them on hand last year but didn't want to pay the high price for them. When i checked i realized you couldn't buy them in stores or amazon anywhere, but i forgot to go back to the Nintendo store and get one. Guess im just screwed now =(

Id ask if the Wii-U ones work with the Wii but they dont seem to make them for Wii-U
They would be the same cable but I don't think they ever made Wii U branded ones (looked while I was at it).

Cross-Posting

New Humble Bundle - Nindie:

• Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (WiiU)
  • Woah Dave! (3DS)
  • Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
Beat the Average for the above and:

• The Fall (WiiU)
  • OlliOlli (WiiU, 3DS)
  • Moon Chronicles (3DS)
  • More games coming soon!
Pay $10 or more for all of the above and:

• Stealth Inc 2 (WiiU)
  • SteamWorld Dig (WiiU, 3DS)

Posted this to the 3DS thread as well for more opinions.

Any opinions on whether the 3DS or WiiU version is better for Steamworld Dig and OlliOlli? I don't see myself playing the games on both systems, so I'm trying to figure out which ones to install.

Posted this to the 3DS thread as well for more opinions.

Any opinions on whether the 3DS or WiiU version is better for Steamworld Dig and OlliOlli? I don't see myself playing the games on both systems, so I'm trying to figure out which ones to install.
Me too, I would to hear an opinion about which is the best version of Steamworld Dig. By the way, OlliOlli is crossplay, so you can you one code and do whatever you want with the other.

Don't Starve: Giant Edition released, and you get a free copy of the game with purchase! If anyone wants, I'll give you Wii U codes for: Guacamelee, OlliOlli, Stealth Inc 2, and Steamworld Dig in exchange for your free copy.

Or we can just go halfsies and pay half. Whichever.

The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Fit Music - $12.90 - 57% Off - Ends 7/31

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 36% Off - Ends 7/31

Shuttle Rush - $3.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Transformers Prime - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Promotion:

• Purchase Don't Starve: Giant Edition by 6/28 and get a bonus gift copy to give to a friend. Check purchase receipt for the gift code.

Ending Soon:

Barbie Dreamhouse Party - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/31

Falling Skies: The Game - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/31

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/31

Monster High: 13 Wishes - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 5/31

Penguins of Madagascar - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/31

Planes Fire & Rescure - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 5/31

New Releases:

Baila Latino - $29.90

Don't Starve: Giant Edition - $14.99

Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon - GBA - $7.99

Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun - GBA - $7.99

Mega Man Zero 3 - GBA - $7.99

Rival Turf - SNES - $7.99

Splatoon - $59.99 - Out at Midnight

The Adventures of Pip is out next week.

Zumba Fitness World Party - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 6/6

Ending Soon:

The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 6/4

Transformers Prime - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Art Academy: Home Studio is available to pre-order and pre-load for $29.99 and will be out on 6/25 at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET. If you own Art Academy: Sketchpad, you can get Home Studio for $25.99.

Apparently there is free DLC dropping tonight for splatoon around 10pm ET 7pm PT. Includes ranked matches and includes a new weapon, the Nintendo zapper.

Apparently there is free DLC dropping tonight for splatoon around 10pm ET 7pm PT. Includes ranked matches and includes a new weapon, the Nintendo zapper.
Not really free DLC as much as the update with the chunk of the game they didn't finish in time to get it on the disc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8n0sMBrjg4&t=0m7s  (weird that's supposed to start at 7 seconds but it doesn't want to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back