Wii U - General Discussion Thread

I hope they release some info on the gba games, I'm guessing that will not be until E3 since they are slowly trickling out the wii u virtual console games.

The ambassador games were a good selection, I would just like metriod zero mission since it is a excellent remake of the first game and the minish cap. And of course any gba gems that went under the radar.

I was also listening to the 8-4 podcast and they talked about rando of blood as an example of a game on the vritual console that would have to be re-licensed by Nintendo through konami who really has not shared it's wii u virtual console plans yet. Made me quite sad :cry:. Playing balloon fight on the gamepad was a really nice experience.

It would be cool if the gamepad was more like a iPad in the sense that it could use remote play and connect to wii u over the internet and play off-screen enabled games and virtual console stuff. Also have a better reach antenna wise to communicate with the console itself. I may be too optimistic since Nintendo has not worked out it's online kinks but Nintendo can do some pretty neat things with just the gamepad since it is pretty much a "game-tablet". It would be cool if they could also add Spotify or Rdio to stream music while playing games too.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Tried doing a little research online but had no luck. Does anyone know if I can download Club Nintendo Rewards on the wii u? Meaning, I have enough coins to download the Paper Mario game on the Club Nintendo Site. It says it's compatible with the wii. Am I able to purchase this reward with my saves coins and download it on the wii u? Is the wii u set up for this yet?

I just got a Wii U for XMas and I'm still hazy about what you can and can't do with it. I need to transfer all my games from the wii to the wii u. I'm guessing that's possible. I just thought the virtual console wasn't available for the Wii U yet so therefore I thought the wii U would need an update in order to play those things? I dunno.

Wish there was some solid text and info on this topic.[/QUOTE]

To add a little to what the others said, I would transfer your Wii content to your Wii U first, before downloading Paper Mario. I'm not sure what happens if you do it before, but when you do the transfer, your old Wii shop account gets transferred to the Wii U. You might as well do that first before redeeming the code on your Wii U - just to be sure you have everything on the one account.

You could also probably redeem it on the Wii first, then do the trasfer of everything. But you might as well do it afterwards once you've verified the transfer worked OK (mine went flawlessly once I got the USB network adapter. I never could do much of anything over WiFi with either the Wii or Wii U).

[quote name='TheLongshot']It will be interesting to see if people use this game as a benchmark for the Wii U, since he's saying that they are using the PC textures for it.

For all the talk of using the gamepad as an assist to the racing player, I wonder if they thought about using it for an opposing player, directing cops, setting up obstacles, etc. That could make for an interesting experience.[/QUOTE]

I imagine porting from PC is a lot easier than porting from PS3/360. Considering that's how Frozenbyte did it with Trine 2 and got similar results, you have to think that might be what some developers do from now on instead of going from PS3/360. Assuming they have PC versions coughcougheacough

[quote name='rocky435']It would be cool if the gamepad was more like a iPad in the sense that it could use remote play and connect to wii u over the internet and play off-screen enabled games and virtual console stuff. Also have a better reach antenna wise to communicate with the console itself. I may be too optimistic since Nintendo has not worked out it's online kinks but Nintendo can do some pretty neat things with just the gamepad since it is pretty much a "game-tablet". It would be cool if they could also add Spotify or Rdio to stream music while playing games too.[/QUOTE]

The gamepad really isn't anything but a controller with a screen. It has no processor, so remote play's out the window.

The OS side of things is interesting. I figure if I can watch youtube while browsing the net while a game is open it's pretty good at multitasking.

I have my wacky ideas for the netflix app where I could find out on IMDB what I know that actor from on the gamepad.

I'd be happy if the gamepad would just play in all the rooms of my tiny little house. It's pretty frustrating that my xbox and ps3 controller have better range.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I have my wacky ideas for the netflix app where I could find out on IMDB what I know that actor from on the gamepad.[/QUOTE]

The Amazon Video app does do something like this offering headshots of the cast of the show you are watching and limited filmography for each.

The Amazon Video app is my favorite among any of the streaming apps on any of the consoles. I'm not sure if it streams at a higher resolution or not but it certainly seems like it has a better picture than when I use Amazon Video on my PS3.

Not only that but I discovered another interesting thing today. My internet dropped out for about 5-10 minutes while I had something paused while I was in the shower. Not only did it keep playing for a while (obviously up to the point it had cached) but instead of everything stopping and it kicking back to the main menu when it reached the end of the cache it just paused. It sat like that for the full 5 minutes until the internet came back and it just resumed playing on its own. No force closing of the app, no extended freeze, it just came right back as soon as the internet came back on.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The Amazon Video app is my favorite among any of the streaming apps on any of the consoles. I'm not sure if it streams at a higher resolution or not but it certainly seems like it has a better picture than when I use Amazon Video on my PS3.

Not only that but I discovered another interesting thing today. My internet dropped out for about 5-10 minutes while I had something paused while I was in the shower. Not only did it keep playing for a while (obviously up to the point it had cached) but instead of everything stopping and it kicking back to the main menu when it reached the end of the cache it just paused. It sat like that for the full 5 minutes until the internet came back and it just resumed playing on its own. No force closing of the app, no extended freeze, it just came right back as soon as the internet came back on.[/QUOTE]

The video streaming portion of the Amazon Video app is very nice, the UI is still frustratingly slow. It is clear whomever developed it is polling data on the same thread as the GUI and it hangs while pulling data.

[quote name='KingBroly']I imagine porting from PC is a lot easier than porting from PS3/360. Considering that's how Frozenbyte did it with Trine 2 and got similar results, you have to think that might be what some developers do from now on instead of going from PS3/360. Assuming they have PC versions coughcougheacough[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to have PCs come back to being the primary development platform, rather than the afterthought for a lot of developers. I don't have much hope that Japanese developers will change their ways, but there seems to be some progress on that front.

[quote name='foltzie']The Amazon Video app does do something like this offering headshots of the cast of the show you are watching and limited filmography for each.[/QUOTE]

It also works in real time by showing headshots of the cast that is on the screen. I think that only works when it says "IMDB X-Ray" on the video, though.
[quote name='foltzie']The video streaming portion of the Amazon Video app is very nice, the UI is still frustratingly slow. It is clear whomever developed it is polling data on the same thread as the GUI and it hangs while pulling data.[/QUOTE]

Really? I notice a slight lag in the UI from time to time but I get the same thing on PS3 as well.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Really? I notice a slight lag in the UI from time to time but I get the same thing on PS3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Not saying the lag is exclusive to the Wii U version, just that the Amazon Video UI locks up during data refreshing. Not too surprising that it occurs on multiple consoles if they are both using the same external data API in the same way.

Street View is the coolest thing. There are lots of great places outside the 70+ in the tour.

I always thought Google Maps street view was kind of wonky but this really works well.
I didn't know they had canals in Amsterdam.

Since nobody's talking about the Nintendo Direct from today, which isn't a surprise since most of it was about 3DS, I'll summarize what was announced.

There will be a DLC campaign for NSMB U just featuring Luigi called New Super Luigi U that is coming later this year.

Coming to the eShop:

Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien will be out this month. Zen Pinball 2 will also be out this month and is free for the base game with demos for all tables. Toki Tori 2 will be out in March with Off-TV gameplay and a level editor that will be released soon after.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be out on March 19 with cross-platform play between one Wii U player and up to three 3DS players. It has online and voice chat support. They also say that you can transfer saves between both versions. The Wii U demo will be out on the eShop on February 21.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will be out on March 19. It has off-TV and Miiverse support. It also includes the Ultimate Speed Pack for free.

The Walking Dead: Survival Impact will be out on March 26.

Injustice Gods Among Us will be out on April 16. It supports off-TV play and will have DLC.

Disney Infinity will be out in June.

I'm surprised to see no Nintendo support on the eShop while they announced a few games coming in the next few months on the 3DS eShop along with a sale to show how unprepared they seemed to be to combat the drought that's going on. I'm sure the third-party eShop games will be good, but they're also on other platforms that are more enticing places for those games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be out on March 19 with cross-platform play between one Wii U player and up to three 3DS players. It has online and voice chat support. They also say that you can transfer saves between both versions. The Wii U demo will be out on the eShop on February 21.[/QUOTE]

Sweet - will definitely fire up the Wii U for that in a week. I'm still not sure I want the game (at launch anyway), but hopefully this will help me decide.

55,000 seems awful low, but that seems it is just for January not overall sales. Proves that after the holiday season, no one wants it. This system will pick up in 2-3 years from release date just like the 3DS did. Until then its not worth buying. To be fair though no console is worth buying until after at least 2 years on the market.

Really hope they're just saving stuff for E3.

The 3DS is just killing it (especially from a first party perspective) but it took a while to build up steam, so here's to hoping the WiiU dev teams will be knocking stuff out for fall/holidays.

I don't know why anyone would be happy to see Nintendo fail.

A world without Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Pokemon, etc is just a sadder world.

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't know why anyone would be happy to see Nintendo fail.

A world without Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Pokemon, etc is just a sadder world.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just don't understand that mentality.

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, look at Sega after they failed. Man, we're never getting another Sonic game.[/QUOTE]

Again, Nintendo IPs wouldn't end up on another console.

Even if they stopped making home consoles, they kill it on handhelds and that is where all their IPs go.

Also, Sonic is kind of a bad example anyways since ever since the Dreamcast, all Sonic games might as well not exist.

Here's the problem with Wii U sales as I see it, care to disagree if you want:
- Nintendo thought New Super Mario Bros. U would have enough appeal to carry the system through the holidays. It didn't. Why? Because while NSMBU may appeal to casual gamers, they already had their New Super Mario Bros. fill for a while with NSMB2 on the 3DS, which is much cheaper. Also, NSMB has some limited to core gamers, but not enough to fill the hole lost because of casuals playing NSMB2. It's basically Animal Crossing City Folk from 2008 all over again. 'oh, AC is a core title. What more could you want from us?' A real core title, that's what. New Super Mario Bros. just isn't that type of franchise and never has been. If they wanted a big sell-through for Wii U, they shouldn't have put out NSMB2 5 months prior.

- the Marketing has been absolutely dreadful ever since it was introduced. I mean, goddamn. Dubstep, futuristic looking/unnatural settings do not sell game consoles. Just ask the PS3 and their crying baby. I mean, dear lord. The original Wii commercials told a story. It was something everyone could understand. It's hard for people to get excited for it when you keep half-assing your way through it.

[quote name='Deader2818']Again, Nintendo IPs wouldn't end up on another console.

Even if they stopped making home consoles, they kill it on handhelds and that is where all their IPs go.

Also, Sonic is kind of a bad example anyways since ever since the Dreamcast, all Sonic games might as well not exist.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, there have been a few good Sonic games in recent years. Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors comes to mind.

I see sales numbers, shrug my shoulders, and just go back to playing videogames.

I'll enjoy Nintendo's hardware and software output no matter how well or how poorly they're selling.

[quote name='maximumzero']I see sales numbers, shrug my shoulders, and just go back to playing videogames.

I'll enjoy Nintendo's hardware and software output no matter how well or how poorly they're selling.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

In fact it might be a good thing if the Wii U isn't selling well as it puts a fire under Nintendo's ass to rev up on the Wii U support. If Sony and Microsoft come out with consoles that blow people away and force Nintendo to develop and release more games I'm all for it. That's the beauty of a competitive market.

Look at the 3DS and how they responded to poor sales. The platform is now on fire and has a flood of even more quality titles on the way.

Right now I'm enjoying Nintendo Land and NSMBU, and they are great appetizers for my main course meal (Monster Hunter) next month. That game alone will offer hundreds of hours of entertainment that I can't get on any other platform. I know that not everyone is a Monster Hunter fan and that the drought of games on the Wii U is a little disappointing, however for me the series is one of my all time favorites and worth buying the Wii U for (HD visuals, new content, free online).

The primary reason the Wii U is moving a bit slowly is the entry price of $299 and $349. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo puts together for Christmas 2013. A $249 basic with Nintendo Land loaded onto the system and maybe another pack-in will be probably do just fine against next-gen Microsoft and Sony systems priced at $399 or higher.

I'm sure everyone here will pick up a PS4 or 720 to go alongside their WiiU at some point; I just think that there will be enough high quality games the remainder of the year that I can wait until 2014 to go next-next-gen.

[quote name='usickenme']cheapy seems pretty happy about that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't know why anyone would be happy to see Nintendo fail.

A world without Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Pokemon, etc is just a sadder world.[/QUOTE]

See, that's the thing - I think even if the Wii U had, at launch, awesome versions of all those games, he wouldn't care. I'd go so far as to say even if Nintendo's online was like the 360 (minus the fees) with achievements, unified accounts, etc, I still don't think he'd get one. It's just not his thing. Don't see why he would be happy about it though. Maybe it's just an "I told you so" attitude. There's a lot of that on CAG these days. Of course people did the same thing with the 3DS and look how that turned out (though I've seen Nintendo-haters saying there is still nothing good on the 3DS now or even coming out this year).

If you saw his twitter comment, you'd think he was pretty happy about Wii U not doing so well thus far. You'd think he wants Nintendo to go out of business the way he acts about it sometimes.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you saw his twitter comment, you'd think he was pretty happy about Wii U not doing so well thus far. You'd think he wants Nintendo to go out of business the way he acts about it sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how people get through the CAG podcasts. I don't know why anyone would take seriously the opinion of someone who uses the ol' "Nintendo is for kids" chestnut as the basis of their opinion of N. It's dishonest. I mean, the idea that there's less emotional intelligence/development in SMG than there is in Gears of War, for instance, is way beyond me.

However, as for the numbers everyone's talking about, it would have been better for their WIIU unit and software sales to have been stronger. There's no sugar coating it by excusing everything away with "post-holiday" stuff. When a 7-year old console outsells your shiny new console in a given month by 5 times, that's not a good sign. That's a bad sign.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you saw his twitter comment, you'd think he was pretty happy about Wii U not doing so well thus far. You'd think he wants Nintendo to go out of business the way he acts about it sometimes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dothog']I don't know how people get through the CAG podcasts. I don't know why anyone would take seriously the opinion of someone who uses the ol' "Nintendo is for kids" chestnut as the basis of their opinion of N. It's dishonest. I mean, the idea that there's less emotional intelligence/development in SMG than there is in Gears of War, for instance, is way beyond me.
.[/QUOTE]

Hating on Nintendo and bragging about the merits of PC gaming makes you seem "with it" and "hip". It's just something that people go through when they get old.

That being said, sure the WiiU is floundering, but I am going to get to play some of the best games ever fairly soon. The Wii had its fair share of crap and assorted issues but there were also some of the best games of last generation. That's just me, I like playing games, I don't need to pick a battle with one particular console in order to feel relevant or justified.

Games sell consoles. Period. There are no games means there are no people buying consoles.

Nintendo should have ponied up an exclusivity fee to Ubi for Rayman. It's a universal title that appeals to casual and core gamers and showcases the tablet functions fairly well.

[quote name='io']See, that's the thing - I think even if the Wii U had, at launch, awesome versions of all those games, he wouldn't care. I'd go so far as to say even if Nintendo's online was like the 360 (minus the fees) with achievements, unified accounts, etc, I still don't think he'd get one. It's just not his thing. Don't see why he would be happy about it though. Maybe it's just an "I told you so" attitude. There's a lot of that on CAG these days. Of course people did the same thing with the 3DS and look how that turned out (though I've seen Nintendo-haters saying there is still nothing good on the 3DS now or even coming out this year).[/QUOTE]

I know this is the WiiU thread, but this largely applies to the Vita as well. There's some downright fantastic games on that system but he's so overwhelmed with wanting to be right about its failure that he'll never notice those games (but he makes it clear that he loves the hardware itself...:roll:). Like you mentioned, it was the same way with the 3DS, too.

I really don't remember the CAGcast back in the day being so overwhelmingly negative toward systems. I'm talking way back in the day when it was just Cheapy and Wombat (below episode 100). The surprising part for me is that as I've gotten older I've cared less and less about feeling the need to bash systems/companies. I remember I was in my early to mid-20s when the last round of consoles came out and I certainly jumped into the fanboyish bashing (of the PS3 in particular, I remember) but like I said, now it just seems pointless. I would have assumed that would apply to the CAGcast guys as well considering they're all at least a few years older than I am but here we are tuning into the CAGcast to basically hear what's turning into the "PC gaming master race."

I really don't mind realistic criticisms of a system I enjoy, but where people lose me is when their criticisms are drastically overblown or you are actively championing that system's downfall. If you tell me the WiiU doesn't have much of a library, I can understand your criticism and agree with you to a certain extent (considering I only have 4 WiiU games on my shelf). When you tell me there's no way the WiiU can ever succeed and that Nintendo has "lost it" is the point at which I just don't want to listen to you. Not because I don't want to hear criticism about a system I'm interested in, but because you're just not being reasonable or objective in your criticism. No system is perfect (not even PC), they all have their downfalls, and there's no reason to act like any system is the best ever (or the worst ever).

[quote name='Corvin']Games sell consoles. Period. There are no games means there are no people buying consoles.

Nintendo should have ponied up an exclusivity fee to Ubi for Rayman. It's a universal title that appeals to casual and core gamers and showcases the tablet functions fairly well.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure Nintendo didn't pay for exclusivity of Rayman Legends and Ubisoft breached the contract. We have no way of knowing for sure unless a lawsuit is brought though. Let's be clear though, Rayman Origins was a decent game definitely, but Ubisoft is dramatically overestimating the value of that game/IP. Trying to launch in the fall (again...) is evidence of that. I would imagine that as a result, if Nintendo had wanted to get it exclusively it would have cost them way more than it should have.

[quote name='Tronny']Hating on Nintendo and bragging about the merits of PC gaming makes you seem "with it" and "hip". It's just something that people go through when they get old.
[/QUOTE]
Ironically The only benfit Cheapy sees in PC gaming is the graphics you get from a $2,000 rig.

Most PC gamers I know like Nintendo systems since they offer the most games you can't get on the PC.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Ironically The only benfit Cheapy sees in PC gaming is the graphics you get from a $2,000 rig.

Most PC gamers I know like Nintendo systems since they offer the most games you can't get on the PC.[/QUOTE]

Can we please stop already with the $2000 PC comments already. You can build an amazing PC for $500-$600 that will run everything out there today. The days of a great gaming PC costing $2000 are LONG gone, and they've been gone for quite awhile.

[quote name='SEH']Can we please stop already with the $2000 PC comments. You can build an amazing PC for $500-$600 that will run everything out there today. The days of a great gaming PC costing $2000 are LONG gone.[/QUOTE]

This. Surely people can't be that stupid to think PC gaming can still cost anywhere near 2k

[quote name='KingBroly']

- the Marketing has been absolutely dreadful ever since it was introduced. I mean, goddamn. Dubstep, futuristic looking/unnatural settings do not sell game consoles.[/QUOTE]

You must be one of the lucky ones since i still have yet to see any of those ads. Damn sure remember seeing a shit ton of "Ree roo rike to ray" during the months leading up to the Wii's launch

[quote name='coolz481']The primary reason the Wii U is moving a bit slowly is the entry price of $299 and $349.[/QUOTE]

If so, it isn't a good sign for the next generation consoles in general. Last generation started out with higher prices than this, and I think there are going to be plenty (like myself) who think the current generation will be good enough for a while. Both Sony and Microsoft are really going to need to bring their A game to convince people they need another console. I don't know if I have the confidence in either company that they can do it.

The sales aren't surprising. Most people who wanted the Wii U bought it during the holidays, and there has been little to encourage more sales after. The combination of the usual post-holiday drop and the lack of new releases until March really hurt potential sales. That being said, I've liked some of the actions Nintendo has taken to address this. Hopefully, by the time the other guys release their consoles, the Wii U will be in a stronger position to hang in there.

I guess I understand some of the desire for Nintendo to fail (people don't like owning multiple consoles to play the games they want), but I doubt it will work in their favor. Also, I like all the experiments Nintendo has made in how games will be played in the future. They are at least trying to push the envelope, which I can't really say for Sony or Microsoft. We'll see what kind of ideas they come up with for their next consoles, to see if they find some ways to innovate and convince me that I shouldn't just stick with PC gaming. Because, if it is more of the same, I can't see myself buying in.

[quote name='TheLongshot']If so, it isn't a good sign for the next generation consoles in general. Last generation started out with higher prices than this, and I think there are going to be plenty (like myself) who think the current generation will be good enough for a while. Both Sony and Microsoft are really going to need to bring their A game to convince people they need another console. I don't know if I have the confidence in either company that they can do it.[/QUOTE]

First off, I haven't made any decisions about the new consoles because everything right now is just rumors and speculation. That having been said if they just end up bringing out better graphics, I'm not terribly interested, particularly if the pricepoints are even higher than WiiU. The problem for both Sony and Microsoft is that they've already improved their existing consoles too much. They are both entirely different things than what they originally released to the point that it's difficult to see what more they can bring to the table to make a compelling argument that you should spend hundreds more.

For me, as someone who has shifted a lot more into portable games because of the ability to sit on the couch and play a game while watching a movie, the Wii U was perfect. I didn't buy it for the graphics, I bought it because it brought something different to the table than just better graphics. To a certain extent, I don't care enough about graphics to buy a new console with only that expectation.

[quote name='SEH']Can we please stop already with the $2000 PC comments already. You can build an amazing PC for $500-$600 that will run everything out there today. The days of a great gaming PC costing $2000 are LONG gone, and they've been gone for quite awhile.[/QUOTE]

you think Cheapy only spent $500 for his computer? Really? He probably spent $500 on the monitor alone.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']First off, I haven't made any decisions about the new consoles because everything right now is just rumors and speculation. That having been said if they just end up bringing out better graphics, I'm not terribly interested, particularly if the pricepoints are even higher than WiiU. The problem for both Sony and Microsoft is that they've already improved their existing consoles too much. They are both entirely different things than what they originally released to the point that it's difficult to see what more they can bring to the table to make a compelling argument that you should spend hundreds more.

For me, as someone who has shifted a lot more into portable games because of the ability to sit on the couch and play a game while watching a movie, the Wii U was perfect. I didn't buy it for the graphics, I bought it because it brought something different to the table than just better graphics. To a certain extent, I don't care enough about graphics to buy a new console with only that expectation.[/QUOTE]

Eh, there's more to better hardware than just better graphics. I just finished up a runthrough of Fallout: New Vegas a little while back, and it's a great example of hardware inadequacy.

New Vegas had four major pieces of DLC: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road. The 360 and PS3 had such severe memory issues that, each time the developers implemented a new piece of DLC, they had to cut back on main-game content. Install Dead Money? Say goodbye to half the population of Primm. Install Honest Hearts? There goes most of the traffic in Vegas. Or most of the troops stationed in Forlorn Hope and Nelson. It made the game world feel far more empty than it should be (Gee, this army camp sure has a lot of empty beds...) and it turned a lot of major fights into absolute cakewalks. Even the PC Master Race got hit by the changes, though we can at least mod that shit out.
[quote name='itachiitachi']Most PC gamers I know like Nintendo systems since they offer the most games you can't get on the PC.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. I'll play the big-name western games on my computer anyway, so I don't have much use for a non-Nintendo console.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SEH']Can we please stop already with the $2000 PC comments already. You can build an amazing PC for $500-$600 that will run everything out there today. The days of a great gaming PC costing $2000 are LONG gone, and they've been gone for quite awhile.[/QUOTE]
Um maybe you should try reading, I was referring to Cheapy D and his ignorant view on PC gaming not mine.

[quote name='dothog']I don't know how people get through the CAG podcasts. I don't know why anyone would take seriously the opinion of someone who uses the ol' "Nintendo is for kids" chestnut as the basis of their opinion of N. It's dishonest..[/QUOTE]

I used to be a big fan but really, I can't stand the show anymore. All the hosts seems to be so close-minded that it's ridiculous. They would rather stake out some position and stick to it no matter how dumb it sounds. God forbid anyone of them try something a centimeter outside their comfort zone.

I'm all for having different opinions but when they are based on myopia, I don't need to hear it.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Um maybe you should try reading, I was referring to Cheapy D and his ignorant view on PC gaming not mine.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I don't listen to the podcast. To me, your post just came off as a blanket statement toward PC gaming in general. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

[quote name='coolz481']I'm sure everyone here will pick up a PS4 or 720 to go alongside their WiiU at some point; I just think that there will be enough high quality games the remainder of the year that I can wait until 2014 to go next-next-gen.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I made that mistake this generation. I bought a Wii, and then later when I found a Xbox 360 for $30 I bought one of those too.

In the end I've got like four times the number of Wii games that I do 360 games, and my 360 doesn't get much use outside of Netflix.

So this generation I'm sticking with one console, the Wii U, and one handheld, the 3DS.

And I can guarantee you that I'll have more games available to me than I'll have time to play.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hey, guys...about that Wii U?[/QUOTE]

What about it?

[quote name='mykevermin'](it was a polite way of suggesting we stay on topic instead of talking about what kind of PC you can build for $500, chucklehead.)[/QUOTE]
On Topic: I'll finally have a chance to get to play the Wii U together with some college friends, been a long time since we can schedule a time to get together (with, you know, spouses, kids, work, etc.), really looking forward to the asymmetrical 4 and 5 player games on Nintendo Land. Out of all the revelations of the last console generation, one of the things I liked the least was the reduction in great couch multiplayer gaming, something that the Wii still maintained (and Wii U is trending to support as well).

I know that online is better 90% of the time when you have no one else to play with, but those 10% of times that you have a group together are so much more enjoyable when it happens.

[quote name='mykevermin'](it was a polite way of suggesting we stay on topic instead of talking about what kind of PC you can build for $500, chucklehead.)[/QUOTE]

I would have preferred "chowderhead", but point taken.

bread's done
Back