Wii Virtual Console Discussion Thread

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']The only real reason anybody cares about the VC is the impossible hope of online Goldeneye. Just forget about it.[/quote]You forgot your [/untrue] tag.

[quote name='Z-Saber']You forgot your [/untrue] tag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. I don't care about Goldeneye at all (if it were a few bucks, maybe). And I hate deathmatches.

I am excited about the virtual console though.

Seriouly, people, go play Goldeneye right now on an N64. We'll wait....

Not as good as you remember, is it? Time hasn't treated that game well at all.

Goldeneye is still an awesome game. I don't play it very often, but when I occasionally do, it's mostly an enjoyable experience.

What I was pointing is though I am excited about the Wii VC, I know that Goldeneye will never be released on it, much less with multiplayer. However, I'm still excited about the Virtual Console.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Goldeneye is still an awesome game. I don't play it very often, but when I occasionally do, it's mostly an enjoyable experience.

What I was pointing is though I am excited about the Wii VC, I know that Goldeneye will never be released on it, much less with multiplayer. However, I'm still excited about the Virtual Console.[/quote]
To each his own. :) No doubt it for a while was one of the best console FPS games available, but even that's not saying much. The Wii may be the first console that proves to me that the FPS genre should exist outside a keyboard and mouse.

I wonder... if I buy Mario 64 for the VC, will I actually beat it? I've started that game so many times and gotten far but never just done the deed.

I wonder if we'll see Zelda: OOT Remix (or whatever it's called) that was released in Japan and later here on the compilation disc. I wonder the same about the F-Zero X DD expansion disc.

But really, I'm more interested in the obscure systems and games. I think those may end up being their biggest sellers. The Marios and Zeldas will all sell tons, but what about all the TG-16 and Neo-Geo games most never got to play? I'd even buy some C64 games simply because I haven't had the opportunity to play those in years.

I also wonder why we haven't heard Atari about the Jaguar yet? I mean, there's at least...two games worth playing, but AvP hasn't held up at all. ;)

bread's done
Back