Wild ARMs 5 for 33.99 at Deep Discount

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!
I just noticed that Deep Discount has Wild ARMs 5 up for 33.99. I've never ordered a game from them and I think I remember some sort of problem concerning Twilight Princcess a while back (That may have been due to a price error or maybe it was before the changed over from Deep Discount DVD to just plain ol' Deep Disocunt though)....

The other question I had was regarding the 80 Page Artbook that its supposed to come with. I've only read about it on RPGFan and Amazon and Game Stop have no information regarding it. So I'm not sure if its packaged with the game like Persona 3, or if its a preorder bonus from other retailers.

Article regarding artbook here:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1259.html

Deep Discount's Wild ARMs 5 Page:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=21212191

Its a dang good price for the game at Deep Discount, but I'm a sucker for artbooks (especially if its true that it covers all 5 games in the series).

Anyone else have anything to add about the artbook, or maybe even just Deep Discount and their handling of games and/or preorders in general?

Growlanser is $50, free shipping at Amazon.
and $45 at familyvideo shipped after $3 off coupon.
Anywhere else cheaper?

I already preordered on Amazon, is it a wise idea to cancel my order?

I'm afraid that Growlanser will run out of stock at FamilyVideo, just like they ran out of Persona 3 and are making me wait an extra week or two!
Since Growlanser only has one printing, I'm paranoid that they'll run out, and email me "sorry, no more copies. tough luck"

This prolly wouldnt happen though, right?

I suppose I'll use famlyvideo, but this whole Persona 3 thing is an outrage. I ordered it almost on day one, and they should've made ME a priority when sending out these copies to people, just like my local stores do.

1st come, 1st serve.

Feels like I'm the only one who didn't know about that :) Guess this means I have even more reason to hunt that game down for cheap.

[quote name='slidecage']if that is the artbook then i will just wait for the game to hit 10[/quote]

I got confirmation from Xseed that the artbook will be newly-designed and exclusive to the US version.

I'd still pre-order it.

[quote name='McNutsack']Growlanser is $50, free shipping at Amazon.
and $45 at familyvideo shipped after $3 off coupon.
Anywhere else cheaper?

I already preordered on Amazon, is it a wise idea to cancel my order?

I'm afraid that Growlanser will run out of stock at FamilyVideo, just like they ran out of Persona 3 and are making me wait an extra week or two!
Since Growlanser only has one printing, I'm paranoid that they'll run out, and email me "sorry, no more copies. tough luck"

This prolly wouldnt happen though, right?

I suppose I'll use famlyvideo, but this whole Persona 3 thing is an outrage. I ordered it almost on day one, and they should've made ME a priority when sending out these copies to people, just like my local stores do.

1st come, 1st serve.[/quote]

So, does any one suggest giving it a shot at FamilyVideo instead of Amazon?
Saving $5, but so far I haven't had positive experience with them. I dont want a repeat of Persona 3.

Thanks OP this is tempting but I still haven't touched WA4 and it is collecting dust.

So many games that I want to play this fall.

Will TRU carry WA5 and/or Growlanser? If so, I might just wait for one of those $5 off $25 coupon deals later.

[quote name='Reikon']Just admit to piracy?[/quote]

Is that not allowed? I don't post here much.
I've seen many big time posters admit to it, how they download the games and then keep theirs sealed.

[quote name='McNutsack']Is that not allowed? I don't post here much.
I've seen many big time posters admit to it, how they download the games and then keep theirs sealed.[/QUOTE]

At least they have the game. You just blatantly said you're not buying the game and will download it.

And I have no idea what they do about it here. I'm just used to it being a bannable offense on another forum.

[quote name='McNutsack']Is that not allowed? I don't post here much.
I've seen many big time posters admit to it, how they download the games and then keep theirs sealed.[/QUOTE]

its legal to have a "backup" copy of the game as long as u have the game...you on the other hand are commiting piracy which is a legal offence and a bannable offence here

[quote name='Reikon']At least they have the game. You just blatantly said you're not buying the game and will download it.

And I have no idea what they do about it here. I'm just used to it being a bannable offense on another forum.[/quote]He never said he was going to download it himself he implied for others to download it since it sucks. Why must someone always want to play internet cop?

[quote name='refusedchaos']its legal to have a "backup" copy of the game as long as u have the game...you on the other hand are commiting piracy which is a legal offence and a bannable offence here[/QUOTE]
It is only legal if you make the backup of your own copy. ;)

I have the game on preorder.
Don't worry about it!
I wouldn't pass up a $33 game.
Believe me, as a PS3 owner, I am desperate for whatever I can gets.

[quote name='McNutsack']I have the game on preorder.
Don't worry about it!
I wouldn't pass up a $33 game.
Believe me, as a PS3 owner, I am desperate for whatever I can gets.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand your point. Wild Arms 5 is for PS2.

[quote name='mxpowar']I don't understand your point. Wild Arms 5 is for PS2.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he meant that the PS3 was so expensive he has no choice but to buy games that are cheaper than normal.

[quote name='McNutsack']In that case, I have Wild Arms 5.[/quote]

So is the game any good?
Best Wild Arms yet?
Aka SHOULD I BUY IT?!

[quote name='T3kN']So is the game any good?
Best Wild Arms yet?
Aka SHOULD I BUY IT?![/quote]

Depends on how much you like WA4's hex combat system. I thought it was a good system, plus the buzz on WA5 is that it's very good. I've got mine preordered at DD.

I've also read it's similar to Skies of Arcadia with the 3 main characters. Take this as you will, for me this is a very, very good thing!

Well seeing this game is cheaper than in stores what is the shipping on it? Wouldn't that just put it back up to B&M prices and then a longer wait time to get it?

Well I looked and see it has free shipping which means the cheapest rate now, processing your order then shipping is waiting a week or so worth roughly $6?

lol

Well for those of you that are unsure about the game's quality here's a nice trailer showing off some of the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15290.html

I especially like the return of the western-esque music and they advanced the colorful graphics they have the in the 4th installment and refined it quite well with better facial animation.

I liked the battle system in 4 as it was a lot more strategy based and kept things interesting. The new unit and combo attacks look exciting as well.

Also, it should be noted that various other characters from the previous Wild Arms games make a cameo in 5, meaning all the main leads of all four previous games will be seen in the game in one form of another. Whether they'll be playable or not is unclear but add to that the excellent artbook spanning all 10 years of the game's history for the low price of $33 beans, this purchase is really a no brainer for me.

Will TRU carry this game? I couldn't find it at tru.com. If they do, I might just use a $5 off $25 on it rather than risking a damaged box in the mail.

[quote name='eau']Will TRU carry this game? I couldn't find it at tru.com. If they do, I might just use a $5 off $25 on it rather than risking a damaged box in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Damaged box? Deep discount has always been solid on packaging and delivery on all of their stuff and I've spend over a grand on this site over the past.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, but I don't know much about the stock at TRU. They should get it though.

Anyone know how long "Processing" is...? I kinda want this to at least start shipping sometime soon, before college starts up.

I was thinking of using the 10% off coupon and picking it up at GS instead but... I don't even see a cancel button on the order page. Damn artbook... I'm not even gonna have time to play it.

Yeah, I'm wondering myself when it'll change from "processing" to "shipped." Wild ARMs 5 was released today after all.

I sent Deep Discount an e-mail regarding the fact that the game came out.

[quote name='CaoPi']wild arms games seem to always drop within the 9.99 - 14.99 range I still have not finished WA 4...[/quote]

true... got WA 3 (or was it 4?) for under $10... however, for this WA 5 release, i'm in for the artbook.

Holy shit, I just got email from FV that my WA5 has shipped! After the P3 experience I was expecting the worst.. lets see if FV can ship without damage to my game...

My FV order also shipped, to my delight.

I guess they really weren't expecting Persona 3 to sell that well and got burned for it by not ordering enough copies.

I'm getting a bit worried about my DD preorder. It still lists it as "processing," and I don't want to miss my shot at the first print with the art book - the only reason I preordered. I get the feeling that these will show up on eBay for pretty hefty prices over the next couple of weeks.

Anybody else have thoughts on whether DD preorders will actually arrive in first print packaging?

DD site currently states:

"This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 09/09/2007."

Did anyone get their order from DD? Perhaps they just haven't received their first print copies yet?

I do hope they fulfill all their pre-orders with the first print packaging.

[quote name='cag1125']DD site currently states:

"This item is currently not in stock and will ship to you on 09/09/2007."

Did anyone get their order from DD? Perhaps they just haven't received their first print copies yet?

I do hope they fulfill all their pre-orders with the first print packaging.
[/quote]

Oh, wonderful.

Another obscure discount site screwing me over. Not a surprise.

Eh, It's not like it was an amazing game.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I'm cancelling my pre-order. Anyone familiar with how to cancel with DD? I don't see a link anywhere.[/QUOTE]
You'll have to email their customer service to cancel. They've been promising an easier method since they opened the new site, but it hasn't become reality yet. Pff.

[quote name='McNutsack']Oh, wonderful.

Another obscure discount site screwing me over. Not a surprise.

Eh, It's not like it was an amazing game.[/QUOTE]

Deep Discount is not an "obscure discount site". It's an extremely reputable site with some excellent sales. Just because they are backordered doesn't mean they are screwing you over. It's what happens when a site has the lowest price on a game with a fairly low print run and that price spreads on the internet.

I wouldn't worry about not being able to get the first print edition from other stores. I'm just going to cancel my order and stop by Gamestop or Best Buy before work.

I went ahead and ordered from Buy.com yesterday (w/GCO) for $28.99 shipped. It went out today and I'll let you know how it goes if anyone cares.

I got an e-mail back last night from Deep Disocunt saying that the game would be shipped out on the 8th of September. So this morning, I followed suko_32's example and ordered it from Buy with Google Checkout ($31.82 because of California sales tax)... I figured I didn't want to wait an another week for it, it was a few dollars cheaper than Deep Discount, and I wanted to be sure that I'd get the artbook...

However, I went back to Deep Discount to cancel the old one and now it says the order is closed and it shipped today... I've always really liked Deep Discount (I suppose I still do), but its annoying that they told me one thing and did another

Oh well, I guess I'll be getting 2 copies of Wild ARMs 5 now. Even though this is the second time google checkout got wasted: the first time I signed up with my usual e-mail address but talked myself out of buying the item even at $10 off, I figured it would be applied next time I tried to order something with it... I was wrong.

Well, with any luck they'll both come relatively soon and I can sell/trade one copy before it plummets in price... At least both will should have the artbook.

I called DeepDiscount today and after a long wait, the CSR told me that they were shipping WA5 out tomorrow. Not great but not as bad as Family Video.

bread's done
Back