Windows Phone & Windows 8 Deal Thread

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Windows Phone and Windows 8 Deal Thread

One Xbox game for Windows Phone and a different one for Windows 8 goes on sale every seven days as part of the weekly Red Stripe Deals. The Red Stripe Deals change every Thursday. Red Stripe Deals are open to all Windows Phone and Windows 8 owners.

Xbox Windows Phone Red Stripe Deal of the Week
January 23

• Collapse - $2.99 $.99

Windows Phone Price Drops - Updated 04/02/13

WP7 Xbox Live Release Schedule - Titles listed from oldest to newest
2011 release dates
  • March 02, 2011 - I Love Katamari - $6.99
  • March 09 - Burn it All - $2.99
  • March 16 - Full House Poker - $2.99
  • March 23 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - $2.99
  • March 30 - Fable Coin Golf - $4.99
  • April 6 - Super Monkey Ball - $4.99
  • April 13 - Centipede - $2.99, Harbor Master - $2.99
  • April 20 - Asteroids Deluxe - $2.99
  • April 27 - Pitfall! - $2.99
  • May 4 - Enigmo - $2.99
  • May 11 - Lunar Lander - $2.99
  • May 18 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99
  • May 25 - Hydro Thunder Go - $4.99
  • June 1 - Doodle Jump - $2.99
  • June 8 - geoDefense - $2.99
  • June 15 - Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I - $6.99
  • June 22 - Plants vs Zombies - $4.99
  • June 29 - Angry Birds - $2.99
  • July 6 - Twin Blades - $2.99
  • July 13 - Beards and Beaks - $2.99, Nokia exclusive: Mirror's Edge - $2.99
  • July 20 - Tentacles - $4.99
  • July 27 - Sally's Salon Luxury Edition - $4.99
  • August 3 - Cro-Mag Rally - $2.99
  • August 10 - Minesweeper and Sudoku - Free!
  • August 17 - IonBallEX - $2.99
  • August 24 - No US release
  • August 31 - Fight Game Rivals - $2.99
  • September 7 - Gravity Guy - $2.99
  • September 14 - Collapse! - $2.99
  • September 21 - Implode! - $2.99
  • September 28 - Burn the Rope! - $2.99
  • October 19 - Jet Car Stunts - $2.99
  • October 25 - Orbital - $2.99
  • November 2 - Kinectimals - $2.99
  • November 9 - Fusion: Sentient - $2.99.
  • November 16 - Let's Golf 2 - $4.99
  • November 21 - Farm Frenzy 2 - $2.99
  • November 28 - Ghostscape - $2.99, Shuffle Party - Free
  • December 7 - Hasta la Muerte - $2.99
  • December 14 - Battlewagon - $2.99, Doodle God - $2.99, Breeze - Free
  • December 21 - MiniSquadron - $2.99
  • December 28 - Spider Jack - $2.99

2012 release dates

• January 4, 2012 - Zombies on teh Phone - $2.99
  • January 11 - Bug Village - Free
  • January 18 - TextTwist 2 - $2.99
  • January 26 - Fragger - $2.99
  • February 1 - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $4.99
  • February 8 - Bullet Asylum - $2.99
  • February 15 - Chickens Can't Fly - $2.99
  • February 22 - Splinter Cell: Conviction - $4.99
  • February 29 - Toy Soldiers Boot Camp - $2.99
  • March 7 - Dodonpachi Maximum - $4.99
  • March 14 - Gerbil Physics - $2.99
  • March 21 - PES 2012 - $4.99
  • March 28 - iStunt 2 - $2.99
  • April 4 - Civilization Revolution - $2.99
  • April 11 - Pirates! - $2.99
  • April 18 - Monster Island - $2.99 (pulled)
  • April 25 - Wordament - Free!
  • May 2 - Pac-Man Kart Rally $2.99
  • May 9 - Feed Me Oil - $.99
  • May 16 - geoDefense Swarm - $2.99
  • May 23 - Droplitz Delight - $.99
  • May 30 - MonstaFish - $.99
  • June 6 Battleship - $2.99
  • June 13 Final Fantasy - $6.99
  • June 20 Fling - $.99
  • June 27 Super Monkey Ball 2 - $2.99
  • July 4 - Mush - $2.99
  • July 11 - Gun Bros - Free
  • July 18 - Contract Killer - Free, Lode Runner Classic - $2.99
  • July 25 - Asphalt 5 - $2.99
  • August 1 - Pool Pro Online 3 - $2.99
  • August 8 - Sally's Spa - $2.99
  • August 15 - Little Acorns - $2.99
  • August 22 - Shoot1UP - $2.99
  • August 29 - Roll in the Hole - $.99
  • September 5 - Galaga Legions DX - $6.99
  • September 12 - Crimson Dragon Side Story - $.99
  • September 19 - Contre Jour - $2.99
  • September 26 - Real Soccer - $2.99
  • October 3 - Extraction - $.99
  • October 10 - Babel Rising 3D $2.99
  • October 17 - Cracking Sands - $2.99
  • October 24 - Carcassonne - $2.99
  • October 31 - Big Buck Hunter Pro - $2.99
  • November 7 - Cut the Rope - $.99
  • November 9 - Nokia Exclusives: Game of Life, Jet Set Go, Parking Mania (all $2.99)
  • November 14 - Sonic CD - $4.99
  • November 20 - Nokia Exclusives: Spy Mouse, Trivial Pursuit (all $2.99)
  • November 21 - Turn N Run - $.99
  • December 4 - AlphaJax - Free
  • December 19 - KenKen - $4.99
  • December 21 - Nokia Exclusive: iBomber Defense - $2.99

Check out post # 2 for more info about Windows Phone games.

Last edited by a moderator:
i finally got crimson dragon to download! I think it was just the WiFi and size of the download. Anyway, sweet title, and I look forward to more like this.
Anyone thinking about a windows 8 pad, like the surface?
It sounds like most of us sprint users are willing to switch carriers for another phone. I want the lumia 920 just for the camera!

eastx, I am interested in your review of the Kinect sesame street and natgeo. I have the sesame street preordered.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Funny how so many CAGs here are Sprint users. Makes sense I guess, IMO Sprint is the cheapest option out there. IMO they're also the worst.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if the prices vary by region, but when my contract with AT&T was up, I checked out all of the other providers that offer WP7 because AT&T is so damn expensive. Sadly, after researching all of the options, I discovered that they are actually the best deal available around here. It was technically possible to get a cheaper plan through Sprint, but the minutes and data were horrible and they didn't offer a free WP7 option (not sure if they do now).

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't know if the prices vary by region, but when my contract with AT&T was up, I checked out all of the other providers that offer WP7 because AT&T is so damn expensive. Sadly, after researching all of the options, I discovered that they are actually the best deal available around here. It was technically possible to get a cheaper plan through Sprint, but the minutes and data were horrible and they didn't offer a free WP7 option (not sure if they do now).[/QUOTE]

They don't, and never have offered a free WP7 I don't believe.

I'm on a 5 person family plan, so that helps with my costs too, but we share 1500 mins (all mobile to mobile and non-peak hours & weekends are free) with unlimited texting and data, and I pay $47/month.

Just wondering if that's pretty cheap, or I could actually find a comparable deal with AT&T or Verizon?

That's damn cheap. When I tried looking through all of the options at Sprint, I never saw anything like that! Or is that just your share of the total bill? 'Cause according to the web site, the 1500-minute plan is $150. In any case, I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than what you're paying...at least not for an individual plan. I pay almost $70 for 450 minutes, 100 texts, and 300 MB on AT&T. Even now, that's still the best deal I can find in my area.

If your entire family were to switch, you could get a similar plan with AT&T for $170. It's 100 fewer minutes and 3 GB of data instead of unlimited, but unless you guys live on your phones all day everyday, I imagine the difference is probably negligible. It's definitely not as good of a deal, though...AT&T doesn't appear to have very good family plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']That's damn cheap. When I tried looking through all of the options at Sprint, I never saw anything like that! Or is that just your share of the total bill? 'Cause according to the web site, the 1500-minute plan is $150. In any case, I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than what you're paying...at least not for an individual plan. I pay almost $70 for 450 minutes, 100 texts, and 300 MB on AT&T. Even now, that's still the best deal I can find in my area.

If your entire family were to switch, you could get a similar plan with AT&T for $170. It's 100 fewer minutes and 3 GB of data instead of unlimited, but unless you guys live on your phones all day everyday, I imagine the difference is probably negligible. It's definitely not as good of a deal, though...AT&T doesn't appear to have very good family plans.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the $47 is my share. It's the split of the $150 deal, plus extra data charges, taxes etc.

That AT&T deal doesn't sound too shabby, I will look into it a little bit more. I think everyone on our plan is slowly getting sick of Sprint and wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get on with a different provider. Thanks!

[quote name='Outinthedark']Well new job is now paying for my phone contract so off to ATT I go. My HD7 is up for grabs if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I'm lucky, my job pays for my phone too. Well, they pay one flat rate, so I'm still incentivized to keep my phone bill as low as possible.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, the $47 is my share. It's the split of the $150 deal, plus extra data charges, taxes etc.

That AT&T deal doesn't sound too shabby, I will look into it a little bit more. I think everyone on our plan is slowly getting sick of Sprint and wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get on with a different provider. Thanks!

I'm lucky, my job pays for my phone too. Well, they pay one flat rate, so I'm still incentivized to keep my phone bill as low as possible.[/QUOTE]

My client was like "I need to contact you on the weekends" so I told him to pay for my cell and he will have contact over weekends/holidays etc. I'm sure him rolling in two new lines is negligible in comparison to the rest of his business account but hell, free phone, gotta take it. ATT can suck dick but oh well. Free costs less. Hell I might as well get an iPhone 5 for that line.

I know my wife and I had our bill down so low the CS reps couldn't believe it. I stacked every possible discount that was offered from my past job and rolled it over. On top of a good ~27% off the top from the state discounts we received CGs that we could apply directly to our balance. Our bill for 2 unlimited every lines was around ~$65/mo and I had bought the phones on contract for $.99 price matching Amazon at the time and they took the offer in store.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That AT&T deal doesn't sound too shabby, I will look into it a little bit more. I think everyone on our plan is slowly getting sick of Sprint and wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get on with a different provider. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Whatever you go with, I wish you the best of luck. People give AT&T a lot of flack, but I've been using them for 6 or 7 years with no problems. Customer service has always been good and they have great coverage and reception; I rarely encounter dropped calls and I've never had to worry about being without service for any reason...except for when I drive up to see my family...there's a stretch of road where absolutely no cell phone works because of the mountains and lack of cell towers (it's the only place I know of in the state that still requires call boxes).

A lot of people swear by Verizon, but my ex had them and the service was atrocious. She couldn't go five minutes without losing a call and when she stayed at my place, she could only get service in one corner of my room. Of course, I suppose that will depend somewhat on your area.

Tetris finally gets a much needed price reduction. the original price of $4.99 down to $2.99. It has been a dotw a couple times and has mixed reviews. It appears most of the mixed reviews come down to controls.

The controls on Tetris are horrible. I gave up on it without unlocking a single achievement. So far, that's my only WP game purchase that I regret.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Tetris finally gets a much needed price reduction. the original price of $4.99 down to $2.99. It has been a dotw a couple times and has mixed reviews. It appears most of the mixed reviews come down to controls.[/QUOTE]

For Tetris masters who are freakishly good at the game, ya the controls probably won't be good enough.

But for casual play, I didn't once have a problem with the controls.

[quote name='ZombieToast']People give AT&T a lot of flack, but I've been using them for 6 or 7 years with no problems. Customer service has always been good and they have great coverage and reception;.

A lot of people swear by Verizon, but my ex had them and the service was atrocious. She couldn't go five minutes without losing a call and when she stayed at my place, she could only get service in one corner of my room. Of course, I suppose that will depend somewhat on your area.[/QUOTE]

^This^

While I've only been with AT&T for about a year and a half, I feel the same way. I had VZW for several years and I hated them; horrible phone selection, terrible service (except where I used to live at, and they were the only carrier that had service, but even then it was 1-2 bars at max), mean/nasty CSRs, one of the best things about moving a couple years back was the fact I could finally kick them to the curb and get a decent carrier. Every carrier has its pros and cons, but I feel like AT&T gives us the most "bang for our buck" (plus my wife picked them, lol).

[quote name='DJP519']The controls on Tetris are horrible. I gave up on it without unlocking a single achievement. So far, that's my only WP game purchase that I regret.[/QUOTE]
I have only played the trial and I am not a huge fan of Tetris so at either price it was an easy pass for me.
[quote name='tylerh1701']For Tetris masters who are freakishly good at the game, ya the controls probably won't be good enough.

But for casual play, I didn't once have a problem with the controls.[/QUOTE]
the controls did not seem much of an issue during the trial for me either, but like you mentioned, I am not great at Tetris. If it dropped to .99 I would buy.

[quote name='Alien Spider']^This^

While I've only been with AT&T for about a year and a half, I feel the same way. I had VZW for several years and I hated them; horrible phone selection, terrible service (except where I used to live at, and they were the only carrier that had service, but even then it was 1-2 bars at max), mean/nasty CSRs, one of the best things about moving a couple years back was the fact I could finally kick them to the curb and get a decent carrier. Every carrier has its pros and cons, but I feel like AT&T gives us the most "bang for our buck" (plus my wife picked them, lol).[/QUOTE]
i am going to consider AT&T. I just hope the service exceeds t-mobile in my area. I tried TM and I had basically zero service everywhere I went. Shoot, I was 5 miles from a t-mobile store and my phone was dropping calls.

Verizon and sprint are good in my neck of the woods, and sprint is the cheapest but slower speeds. Sprint also has a poor selection of phones I want. ;-)

So far it comes down to a lumia 920. The camera specs are awesome and the pics is something I would use often. The Samsung ativ looks slick too (galaxy III). Curious what HTC will bring. I think it is a 99% chance the lumia 920 will be at AT&T, hence my desire to check on the quality of service in my area.

Anyone know if they're going to follow Final Fantasy with II and III, like iOS? It's cool getting achievements for the early Final Fantasies on my Xbox profile, lol.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Um......bye?[/QUOTE]

He also appears to have deleted me from his Steam friends list, quite randomly. Bipolar outburst?

[quote name='eastx']He also appears to have deleted me from his Steam friends list, quite randomly. Bipolar outburst?[/QUOTE]

Odd. I figured I'd drop him from my Xbox friends list, I'll definitely do that now. But with his achievement score, I can't believe he's giving up on WP. WP is an achievement whore's best friend!

probably not the best place for this, but it seems we're plenty off topic, so here goes!

I want the lumia 920. So bad I'd eat a bowl of poo. my upgrades not till nov 13'. What are my options?
(I'd be upgrading from the 900, if it matters).

[quote name='xgpsun628']probably not the best place for this, but it seems we're plenty off topic, so here goes!

I want the lumia 920. So bad I'd eat a bowl of poo. my upgrades not till nov 13'. What are my options?
(I'd be upgrading from the 900, if it matters).[/QUOTE]

Go into the store and throw poo at them till they give you the upgrade!

[quote name='xgpsun628']probably not the best place for this, but it seems we're plenty off topic, so here goes!

(I'd be upgrading from the 900, if it matters).[/QUOTE]

You can either get killed with an ETF, buy another for full price (from carrier) or used on eBay, or add a line with the cheapest data plan (for example, AT&T $15). That is what I did (added a line) when I wanted a WP7 and was still under contract for my iPhone.

It would definitely be nice if Nokia had a similar offer. But considering that my phone is apparently only worth $35, it wouldn't do me much good. Meh. It kills me that I have to wait another year until I can upgrade. Makes me wish I would've waited a few months to renew my contract.

[quote name='PhQTwo']You can either get killed with an ETF, buy another for full price (from carrier) or used on eBay, or add a line with the cheapest data plan (for example, AT&T $15). That is what I did (added a line) when I wanted a WP7 and was still under contract for my iPhone.[/QUOTE]

haha, shouldve said, whatre my options thatd cost me under 300$ :\

[quote name='eastx']Nice, Flamed Liquid! Are you eligible for an upgrade anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

well my contract ends in August. Not sure if Ill get some type of upgrade deal or not. if i have to trade my trophy in though, ill probably just keep it and buy a windows 8 phone..have too mant games to just hand over my phone.

Ugh! My Crimson Dragon save data reset today. First Roll in the Hole and now this one too. I think I'm done with the game for now until there's a patch, since it has some massive grindfest achievements that would be a huge time investment just to get a random data reset. It's a shame too because I was really enjoying the game and liked checking out the new upgrades.

I should complain to MS too, but not sure it's worth the time investment to wait out and argue over the phone over $0.99 and the possibility of a few MS points.

Sorry that happened to you too, man. There is a Crimson Dragon patch coming that will fix the save data bug. Like you said, probably a good idea to wait for it.

Luckily haven't had the Crimson Dragon data reset yet, but I'm still not going to play it anymore until the patch. And Gunstar is right, it's a huge grindfest anyway, so I may pick up a couple more achievements then call it good on that one.

On an unrelated note, Monster Island is becoming one of my favorite WP games. It's like Angry Birds, but a million times better because it's actually fair and you don't have to rely on the physics within the game.

Hey guys, did you know that the new game this week is Real Soccer, and the Deal of the Week is sports related too! It's Let's Golf 2, cut down to $1.99 from the original $4.99! That's 60% off! And if you're not a comletionist with 100% on your gamertag, who cares if one of the achievements is glitched? It's an awesome mobile golf game for $2.

In other news, Rocket Riot just received an awesome update with everyone's favorite, AVATAR AWARDS! I'd love to see a price drop or DotW on it soon, since it's still $4.99, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing one sooner or later! Speaking of updates, Crimson Dragon is due for an update soon too, to fix some of the glitches in that game like the GPS not working correctly and the save data erasure problems too!

[quote name='eastx']Aww, Let's Golf 2 is pretty fun IMO. Thanks for the eloquent link posting, Tyler!

Also, people whose dark hearts don't prevent them from liking sports games will be happy to know that Real Soccer is now available. :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Haha no problem.

Let's Golf 2 is probably the game I want the most that I don't already own, so this is a GREAT DotW for me!

It's still kind of shocking to me how DotW has been recently. It randomly disappears for 6 weeks, then comes back with 4 straight DotWs on games that haven't had a sale yet, and 3 of those got discounts of more than 50%! Maybe Xbox Live for WP got an awesome new portfolio manager or something, but these deals have been really great of late.

I wouldn't be surprised if the manager changed since Microsoft regularly does that for very little reason. Also, when we got word the program was coming back, I gave them some specific feedback about the program that they may have listened to. Could just be a coincidence, but you know I'm always trying to help/butt in.

To clarify my previous comment, I don't actually like most sports games and I didn't buy Real Soccer, but I make an exception for easy-to-learn, lighthearted ones like Let's Golf 2.

I have nothing against Let's Golf; it's just not something I find appealing. Sports are incredibly boring to me, so it's rare for me to actually enjoy a game based on them. When it comes to golf, my go-to game 3D Ultra Minigolf (the prequel to the crappy XBLA games), which is pretty much all I need.

[quote name='eastx']I wouldn't be surprised if the manager changed since Microsoft regularly does that for very little reason. Also, when we got word the program was coming back, I gave them some specific feedback about the program that they may have listened to. Could just be a coincidence, but you know I'm always trying to help/butt in.

To clarify my previous comment, I don't actually like most sports games and I didn't buy Real Soccer, but I make an exception for easy-to-learn, lighthearted ones like Let's Golf 2.[/QUOTE]

Cool, maybe they took your feedback to heart. :)

On consoles I enjoy FIFA and NHL games and the Tiger Woods series, but on phones I'm not a big fan of realistic sports sims. PES 2011 was OK but nothing special.

Let's Golf 2 is still showing as $4.99 for me. Can't wait till it hits $2. I'll snatch it up the moment it becomes available!!!

Real Soccer was okay, just not worth more than $1 to me. Once Crimson Dragon gets that update, I'll pick that one up too.

Has anyone else noticed the xbox.com mobile page?

Deal of the Week

Final Fantasy
On sale for $4.99 this week only, guide the Warriors of Light as they set out on a quest to restore the crystals to their former luster in this classic role-playing game that defined the genre.

It's still listed as $6.99 on the Marketplace. Maybe they slipped and revealed next week's deal?

[quote name='nCogNeato']Has anyone else noticed the xbox.com mobile page?

It's still listed as $6.99 on the Marketplace. Maybe they slipped and revealed next week's deal?[/QUOTE]

Nope, hadn't noticed. I can't find exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean go to xbox.com on my phone and it's listed there?

Anyway, I hope that's true. I think I'd drop $5 on it just to have it, even though I may never play it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Nope, hadn't noticed. I can't find exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean go to xbox.com on my phone and it's listed there?

Anyway, I hope that's true. I think I'd drop $5 on it just to have it, even though I may never play it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought I linked it.

www.xbox.com/Live/Mobile

It's since been corrected and now shows Let's Golf 2 as the DOTW.

bread's done
Back