Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

Circuit city over by east town mall had Wiimotes and Nunchucks, I drove west from milwaukee to sell someone a Macbook and I checked out the CC out there. Madison is pretty nice from what I saw.

I almost picked up one of the guides last night, but I already have the Nintendo guide from subscribing to Nintendo Power. It's hard to justify having two guides for the exact same game... even if one looks as good as the LE guide does.

[quote name='psunami']The West Madison Target had a 60GB PS3 when I was just there around 12:30.[/quote]

Hmm... I wonder if it was the SAME unit I saw there this past Saturday (12/16).

I also saw 2 60 GBs at the East Side Target Saturday, and 2 20 GBs at the East Towne ShopKo.

It was wierd seeing soo many PS3s on the shelves. I didn't see a X360 on the shelves until February or March this year...

can anyone on the southside of milwaukee (you greenfield CAGs) tell me if there has been any Fatal frame 3 sightings at the s.27th TRU?

There is nothing at the tru in milwaukee. It suck, but look at the bestbuy in fox point, I saw it there the last time I was there. It's only $10 too. Fox point is all the way near bayshore mall.

[quote name='heyman']There is nothing at the tru in milwaukee. It suck, but look at the bestbuy in fox point, I saw it there the last time I was there. It's only $10 too. Fox point is all the way near bayshore mall.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i'll take a look. i hear ya on the northridge TRU, i've been tryin to score a 360 all week and they never got a new shipment. you'd think if you're goin have a deal like that, you would want to keep your supply stocked. i'll just pick one up at eb/gs after christmas sale.

Finally got to west madison toysRus. I got Trace Memory and Feel the Magic, almost nothing else clearance-wise. They did have a few Phoenix Wrights which are priced at 20$.

I picked up Odama (GC), Mercenaries (Xbox), Super Gunstar Heroes (GBA), and Rub Rabbits (DS) last week at the West Madison TRU and got a price match on them Tuesday.

The store was pretty picked over last week by the time I got there.

Oh, well. Better something than nothing.

Has anyone seen any cheap Gamecube 1019 memory cards (official Nintendo brand) around the state? I thought some store had these on clearance earlier this month. For the life of me, I can't remember where. $29.99 new is ridiculous for these things. Preplayed still charges $18.

I remember TRU blowing out the PS1 memory cards a few years ago at $4.99. I bought a huge stack of them (still have most of them in a box somewhere). I was hoping something similar would happen with the GC cards after the Wii came out.

I grabbed a 1019 from Amazon a few weeks ago.

I've heard rumors that Target is closing them out... but I haven't seen any around town.

Target East (Madison) has three 60g PS3's as of 6pm Sunday night. What's funny is that you just know they were sitting there all day. There doesn't seem to be many people willing to bite at $600 a pop. If anyone's interested, I'm sure they'll still be there when Target opens tomorrow...go get'em.

The Walmart in Sun Prairie, WI had 2 60 GB PS3's on the 31st. It's getting to be pretty common place to see these sitting in stores.

[quote name='psunami']The Walmart in Sun Prairie, WI had 2 60 GB PS3's on the 31st. It's getting to be pretty common place to see these sitting in stores.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the case.

As for the Wii, if anyone sees these around town (or anywhere for that matter), please post and let us know.

[quote name='heybtbm']That seems to be the case.

As for the Wii, if anyone sees these around town (or anywhere for that matter), please post and let us know.[/QUOTE]

I would like to add the request for continued posts on remote and nunchuck sightings as well!

I don't usually reply around here (mainly because a lot of madisonians are fucking hoarders) but I really needed to help out the Wii community around here. Wal-Mart West Madison had a Wii Component (not name brand) on clearance (?) for $19.00 tonight. It said the original price was like $19.99 so maybe their store just isn't carrying them regularly. SNATCH IT UP!

eddie "thewheel" woolf

*EDIT* also worth noting: they had tons of stuff there on "clearance". Logitech PS2 cons for $39, among tons of other things....check it out.

I haven't noticed many hoarders in the Madison area when I've been out finding deals. In fact, the few Madison CAG's that I've met have been great and we have ended up sharing in the deals.

I hit up the west-side TRU on 12/26 and got the last Odama and a copy of GRAW (Xbox1, yeah I know it sucks).

[quote name='ma'] copy of GRAW (Xbox1, yeah I know it sucks).[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's still not as bad as the PS2 version. It's definitley worth $10.

For Milwaukee CAGs: The northside CC that closed a year or so ago is now reopen as a "Circuit City Warehouse Store". I plan on stopping by soon to check it out.

They had a copy of the Collector's edition of Godfather for the Xbox the last time I was at the West Side TRU. I've been debating picking it up... but I just can't talk myself into it.

[quote name='klwillis45']For Milwaukee CAGs: The northside CC that closed a year or so ago is now reopen as a "Circuit City Warehouse Store". I plan on stopping by soon to check it out.[/quote]

Been open since Black Friday(?).

Nothing gaming related. Just a bunch of TVs and TV accessories

[quote name='psunami']I haven't noticed many hoarders in the Madison area when I've been out finding deals. In fact, the few Madison CAG's that I've met have been great and we have ended up sharing in the deals.[/quote]

example: the person who went into Best Buy East and bought 9 of the Zelda Twilight Princess Collector's edition guides that they had all at once.....and left none for anyone else.

hoarders are here...they aren't always CAGs, but some are.

[quote name='eddiethewheel']example: the person who went into Best Buy East and bought 9 of the Zelda Twilight Princess Collector's edition guides that they had all at once.....and left none for anyone else.

hoarders are here...they aren't always CAGs, but some are.[/quote]

That never happened. When I went to get it (I believe the day it dropped to $10 or the day after) there were 4 guides left, meaning they either hoarded the last 3 or left a few, or they got a restock. Either way they didn't wipe the store completely of them.

[quote name='Mattte']That never happened. When I went to get it (I believe the day it dropped to $10 or the day after) there were 4 guides left, meaning they either hoarded the last 3 or left a few, or they got a restock. Either way they didn't wipe the store completely of them.[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you. I bought mine on the 18th, when I came back for the holidays. I didn't look to see how many were left, but there was at least one, probably more.

I got Tomb Raider Legend (Xbox), Jade Empire (Limited Edition), Trace Memory, Gunstar Super Heroes and Ape Escape 3 at the West side TRU, at various times after Christmas...There wasn't much good left, X-Men Legends 2 for Xbox was tempting though.

I find it amusing that they have probably at least 20 copies of the "limited edition" of Jade Empire...but hey, I'll take a good game for $10.

Madison's West side is a relatively good area for buying games, new and used. I also just discovered GameCrazy over by Woodman's last weekend, I was hunting for a DS and finally found one there after calling, that made my day. Unfortunately, I go to college in Minneapolis, so I'm not around most of the year to take advantage of this area.

Madison West Side CC had half a dozen PS3's lying around yesterday (1/3), still no Wii and no idea when the next shipment may come in.

*sighs* no chance for a will till late Spring at this rate

I used a copy of one of those $5 off coupons at BB west, do they generally take copies, or odes it depend on the cashier?

The have Feel The Magic for $10, so you can get it for $5 with a coupon. I know TRU had it for $5, but their out, so this is a good oppurtunity to get it for that price still. They had about half a dozen copies left at BB.

This is prolly not helpful.

But last saturday night the Walmart in Portage had 2 60gb PS3s.

Not sure if they still do, sorry for the late report.

-Owl

Always good to see the posts OwlBoy. No worries.

I have a feeling just about every store will have them in stock soon. That just seems to be the way things are going with the PS3 inventories of late.

Handwritten sign on the EBgames on State Street in Madison, WI (Hoping I got the quote right from memory, feel free to correct me):
"Yes, we have PS3's in stock. Please come in and look at them."

Ah, if only that was for a Wii!

Alright, after casually checking stores for the last 2 months, I'm officially in "trying to find a Wii" mode. While the PS3's are piling up, I've yet to see a Wii at retail. Has anyone seen them in the past two weeks? Any advice?

I haven't seen one on the West side of Madison either. An employee of BB (west) told me that they probably wouldn't get nunchucks (which I'm hunting for) until they got more systems. When I asked when that might be he said Jan. 21 I believe. I'm not sure if that is accurate, or if it will be on or after the 21st. Just thought I would post what I know.

Good luck!

[quote name='Jeoff']fucking Apossum.[/QUOTE]

uh oh....what did I do? i've been gone for a month and just got back in town yesterday :lol:

I bought a Wii this morning...went into Best Buy hoping since I heard about the 12 months of Live and 1600 points thing (Didn't know it was over). They had like 50 of them in.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it, take it back, or whatever. Maybe if my roommate pays for half.

I can't believe that there are NO WII's left in Madison as of 12:30pm. Completely pathetic. Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Gamestop on the West side are sold out. I'm starting to think it may be months before I find one. I simply REFUSE to wait in line or outside of a store to open.

I blame the stores for this hoax of a shortage. This new retail policy of holding Wii's until the Sunday ad is complete BS. This forces everyone to try and buy one at the same time. Who the hell is awake at 8:00 on a Sunday morning anyway?

Definitely Boo-urns.

[quote name='heybtbm']I can't believe that there are NO WII's left in Madison as of 12:30pm. Completely pathetic. Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, and Gamestop on the West side are sold out. I'm starting to think it may be months before I find one. I simply REFUSE to wait in line or outside of a store to open.

I blame the stores for this hoax of a shortage. This new retail policy of holding Wii's until the Sunday ad is complete BS. This forces everyone to try and buy one at the same time. Who the hell is awake at 8:00 on a Sunday morning anyway?

Definitely Boo-urns.[/QUOTE]

I think it's Nintendo faking a shortage. Making the Wii harder to find then the other consoles, makes people want it more. I noticed the Milwaukee/Madison craiglist.org postings have a few Wii's for a markup. I had a Wii and sold it besides Zelda there wasn't anything PURCHASE WORTHY to me.

I overheard the guy at EB on State that they are selling them tomorrow. Not sure whether they have them and will sell them in the morning or if they are expecting a shipment.

so glad I got mine on launch day. unfortunately, after I beat Zelda, there won't be much to play for a looong time, besides VC titles, redoing missions in Trauma Center and Metal Slug.

[quote name='coltcannon']If anyone see hotel dusk around madison, report in. Seems like no stores know have it or know when they might.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw it at Best Buy on the West side last night. Though I wasn't looking for it, so I might be mistaken. Can anyone confirm?

bread's done
Back