Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

If anyone sees a clearance deal on a PS3 console (any version, any hard-drive size, must be NEW-in-box) in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area, please let me know. With so many special versions released, I'm hoping someplace will be trying to get rid of an older model.

My original 60GB FAT PS3 finally died, in what I believe is a YLOD issue.

Thanks!
I ended up repairing my system via ifixit.

Took about an hour or two, but it was fun to go through the process of repair. Plus, now I have a heat gun!

Shopko in La Crosse has had some great deals on PS Move stuff lately.  It was a few weeks ago (probably still there), so I can't remember the prices, but the camera and controllers were all really low-- I think it was about 75% off.

Shopko in Madison has no deals ever.  :-({|=

For anyone in/near/visiting Black River Falls, check out their Wal-Mart.

It's been a couple of months since I went there, but when I went, they had the greatest clearance rack I'd ever seen in a Wal-Mart.  Picked up Rayman Legends (Vita) for $15, Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS) for $10, and a Sharpshooter controller for $10.  They had PlayStation Eye cameras for $10 if I remember correctly.  Lots of other games/accessories and miscellaneous electronics, too.

This store tickled my CAG bone in ways no other Wal-Mart ever has.

And in other news, Madison is still completely devoid of gaming deals.

Saw a brand new in box Sega Genesis 1 bundled with Lion King at the La Bella Bargain store in Milwaukee. Was asking 120$ for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Some stuff on the west side of Madison:

Wal-Mart clearance shelf:

- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3) - $15

- The Black Eyed Peas Experience (Wii) - $2 - great gag gift potential

- Borderlands 2 (PS3) - $10

- Hitman: Absolution (PS3) - $10

Best Buy:

- Smart As (Vita) - $5

- The Wolf Among Us (Vita) - $15

- Freedom Wars (Vita) - $15

- Walking Dead Season 1 (Vita) - $10

- Walking Dead Season 2 (Vita) - $15

Clearanced PS Vita games Target in Madison (the big Hilldale one):

- LittleBigPlanet Vita - $12

- Reality Fighters - $5

- MLB 14 The Show - $9

- MLB 12 The Show - either $6/$7/$8, can't remember

They also had Max Payne 3 for PS3 at $8 or $9.  Also had a fairly big display of "value" games (some of the normally ~$20 stuff) marked at 50% off.

^Still a thing as of earlier today.  I finally caved in and picked up a copy, so there should be just one left.

May or may not be a price mistake.  It rang up as $59.99, but they said the sign was correct and the scanned price was wrong.

Jj7FJC0.jpg

Hi everyone from Wisconsin! I knew we had this but never posted. I live in a north shore suburb and if anyone ever needs tips on retailers in Milwaukee County, I'm your guy. I've been to almost every Gamestop in the area and to every Best Buy. I'm always around the area getting flips and deals, so we may bump into each other if you live in the Greater Milwaukee area :).

October was the last post in here?!  Sad days in the frozen tundra.

Usually I hit up Mega Media Exchange in Brookfield for some good deals, but recently Gamestop has been beating them on prices.  

Toyrus Northridge (NW Milwaukee) is closing. Most stuff has been picked over. Remaining PS4/360/PS3/WiiU/XBOne are 50% off. What was surprising was all Skylanders/Disney/Lego Dimensions/Amiibo/whatever interactive figures are 70% off. Includes starter packs. I can post photos if needed. The area looks untouched. They're open daily until 7pm.

*crickets*

Anyone else going to the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee in April?  We should organize a CAG meetup.  I'll be there all weekend to demo a PS4/Vita game I'm working on.

I go every year and will be there Saturday. I'm a 6'8" guy in a Kangol hat so it's hard to miss me.

I may bring part or all of my remaining complete Gameboy original titles to sell/trade.

I go every year and will be there Saturday. I'm a 6'8" guy in a Kangol hat so it's hard to miss me.

I may bring part or all of my remaining complete Gameboy original titles to sell/trade.
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for you. I anticipate an awkward conversation if I guess the wrong guy. "Hey, aren't you that cheap-ass gamer?"

Be sure to drop by the indie game showcase if you get a chance. It's the thing going on in a string of hotel rooms but it's still endorsed or organized by MGC. I'll have a game called Emerald Shores there.

The convention is literally 5 minutes from my front door.  Someone give me the run down on exactly what goes on there.

Like do I have to pay to play everything in addition to the convention price?  

The convention is literally 5 minutes from my front door. Someone give me the run down on exactly what goes on there.

Like do I have to pay to play everything in addition to the convention price?
Just saw your post too late. :( Did you end up going?

If not, basically there are two sections: a giant outdoor tent filled with vendors selling games and game-related merchandise (this is also where the bands play and a couple of tournaments happen), and then the hotel itself, where the convention rooms and hallways are filled to the brim with games to play: arcade games, pinball, and virtually every non-handheld game system ever released. Everything I saw was free to play, though there might have been some exceptions. Lots of tabletop MAME cabinets on display that you can play all you like or buy for ~$600-700. Might pick one of those up next year.

Tickets are only $55 for the full two-day pass, so there's a lot of value. I'd definitely recommend checking it out next year.

There's also the MGC Showcase, which is the showing of local indie games. I went there to showcase my game, but unfortunately ran into some problems on day 1 and didn't get a lot of traffic on day 2, being tucked in the corner of an already low-traffic room. I'll prepare things a little bit differently next year to attract some more attention: bringing an extra screen that continuously plays a trailer of the game would have been a good idea. Ah well.

I ended up buying a really cool Chrono Trigger bead art piece:

e7f1035f72b2464ca6c5545d18ce6400.png

Get ready folks, toys r us Brookfield and Madison are closing down for good and will be liquidated by April.
Are you sure the Madison TRU is closing? On the lists I've seen, the Zeier Road location is closing - which is the Babies R Us on the East side. I haven't seen a list that included the West side TRU store.

Madison Toys R Us has a bunch of SNES classics in stock.  Disney Infinity starter editions (PS3, 360, Wii U) are all clearanced to $1.99.  Lots of Skylanders at $0.50 each, too.

Walmart on the west side of Madison has some great deals atm for Nintendo. $5-10 for various 3DS and Wii U games. Star Fox Zero, Bravely Second, Yokai Watch 2, Mario Tennis, Dragon Quest VII, and maybe a couple of others.

bread's done
Back