Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='seanw']La Crosse check-in: Walmart has it. I don't know if these standees are going to be around much longer, but if you going to see PROMETHEUS in theaters and have a blu-ray player (which has to be like 50% of CAGs), this is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Or even sell the Blu ray and profit

[quote name='ryanflucas']The Best Buy store in Fox Point (suburb of Milwaukee) has a large retail rack of titles for $5 each. They need to be price overridden by a manager. Titles for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS, and 3DS. Titles include Sims 3, Thor, Ghost Recon 3DS, Splinter Cell 3DS, Asphalt 3DS, Mind Jack, Dragon Age Awakening, Megamind, Mayhem, various PS3 move titles, lots of family/arcade Wii titles, etc.[/QUOTE]

ty for the heads up, gonna go check it out

[quote name='ndheah']Shopko...Deus Ex and Red Dead for $10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. i picked up the last copy of deus ex for 360. weird how the other games clearance prices are still stuck at 14.99. was hoping majority would be 9.97.

[quote name='jbroush99']One of the Shopkos here had Kinect Joy Ride for $2.49 (90% off!!)[/QUOTE]

That'd be my buy price for that, too bad my shopko is a "hometown" and has no good game deals to be found

Went to shopko looking for cars 2 ps3, no luck. Walked out with a bunch of cheap stocking stuffers for the kids and some toys for my chef kit for work.

The store hasn't had anything game wise for months and months and months

So Best Buy discounted all preowned psp games to 99 cents each, available in store only. Problem is inventory seems non-existent. Unless of course you are near the Grafton, WI location. Dissidia, Dragonball, and others to name a few. Too far for me to justify a drive, but if any of you are out there, try it. Online inventory says they are in stock.

[quote name='ryanflucas']So Best Buy discounted all preowned psp games to 99 cents each, available in store only. Problem is inventory seems non-existent. Unless of course you are near the Grafton, WI location. Dissidia, Dragonball, and others to name a few. Too far for me to justify a drive, but if any of you are out there, try it. Online inventory says they are in stock.[/QUOTE]

Not bad but I dont have a PSP :(

As a friendly FYI to another local CAG the Blockbuster on Calhoun and Capitol Drive is going under :( last time I was in stuff was around 20%

Shopko is clearencing some games again. Varies by store, prices are some what high still, but check out your local store, and then keep coming back weekly to see price drops.

[quote name='psunami']Anything interesting as far as titles that you saw at this point?[/QUOTE]

Startfox for 3DS
Call of Duty Black-Ops
Ninja Gaiden - Wii U
Resistance 3

Their were more...I wasn't paying too attention as the prices were only $10-15 below retail.

I can't recall what day Shopko does their weekly price drops. Just going to have to keep an eye open. Hopefully a few more titles sneak in there as well.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='frostybroc']Any CAGs from Milwaukee? Looking to do a possible meetup of sorts, and maybe look for people to help with a gaming project/blog of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Im around Milwaukee

[quote name='frostybroc']Any CAGs from Milwaukee? Looking to do a possible meetup of sorts, and maybe look for people to help with a gaming project/blog of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Appleton count?
I've had my own gaming blog before ad plenty of WordPress, CSS and Photoshop experience. I now write for thevitalounge.com - let me know if you want help with your blog.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Shopko has DualShock 3s clearanced at $33, new. This was at La Crosse's south-side Shopko, but it might be the case elsewhere as well.[/QUOTE]

That would be store wide. Some stores might be not $33, but $43.

If anyone here or anyone you know is interested in Magic The Gathering, Yeti Gaming, a TCG store in the STL area, is doing a Standard tournament on Saturday for an Alpha Mox Emerald that sells on the open market for just under $1000. $25 entry fee, standard constructed format with M14 legal.

WIN-A-MOX Tournament- Alpha Mox Emerald

Saturday July 20th .

Entry is $25.00 
Registration from 9:00 am to 10:30. 
Decklists will be required.

The prize pool will expand, but at this point, the top 4 prizes will be GUARANTEED....

1st - Alpha Mox Emerald
2nd - Sealed Box of Modern Masters
3rd - Sealed Box of Choice (Standard product, not MM)
4th - From the Vault Set

We will give the Mox Emerald Away NO MATTER the attendance at the event!!!

The above prizes are based upon 50 players. 
If the attendance increases above expectation....so will the prizes.

What about the non-winners. Every round we will be giving away a Fat Pack as a door prize.

And yes, we will have a judging staff.

I have a level 2 for my store now.....one that I have the utmost confidence and faith in his judging ability and his style...

As always, we have elite prices for packs and boxes (including M14), and we are always buying and selling cards.

Vince and the Crew and Yeti Gaming. Stepping up Magic Events in St. Louis in 2013

So I finally talked myself into getting a Wii U, but it looks like the white version isn't being restocked anymore?

Has anyone happened to see one around the Madison area anywhere? I really don't want to pay $50 for extra crap I don't want/need (plus white looks better than black)

The KMart in Brookfield WI is having a Store Closing sale.  All games and accessories are 25% off.  They had some decent stuff left, I got a copy of GTA 5 for a friend for $45 (they only had one other copy left on PS3) and the last copy they had of Wonderful 101 for $45.  Might want to check it out if you're in the market for anything. 

Thought I'd share this:

The Fort Atkinson Kmart is slated to begin its liquidation advertising campaign on Oct. 27, with a store closing date set for mid-January 2014.

Looks like I'm moving to Madison in January for my first post-grad job. :)

As a CAG, what should I know about the area?  Are any arcades still around?  I remember there being one on State Street ten years ago (Ping Time, a mix between internet gaming cafe and 80s arcade), but it closed down. :/  Now that I think about it, one of the malls used to have one too.. I wonder if that's still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm moving to Madison in January for my first post-grad job. :)

As a CAG, what should I know about the area? Are any arcades still around? I remember there being one on State Street ten years ago (Ping Time, a mix between internet gaming cafe and 80s arcade), but it closed down. :/ Now that I think about it, one of the malls used to have one too.. I wonder if that's still there.
Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of videogame arcades. West Towne had Aladdin's Castle, but that shut down before Ping Time. It's interesting, because in these random online gaming communities I participate with, there are often a high degree of random Wisconsinites. Gaming is very popular in these cold and barren lands, but I'm not aware of a physical destination.

The more thriving local community is board game based. With many competing Magic The Gathering shops, there's a lot to do with that scene (which, conversely, makes getting promo cards and such difficult).

Anyone else have any pointers? Places they'd recommend?

That place looks great!  I'll definitely check it out.

Might have to get into Magic the Gathering, too, if the scene is that active.  I haven't played the physical card game in nearly a decade, but I've been hooked on the Duels of the Planeswalkers series lately.

[quote name="psunami" post="11449885" timestamp="1389905034"]Any decent deals?

I'll be swinging up through Portage this weekend. [/quote] I didn't look to deep but the x1 for $450 and ps4 for $360 was good if you need one.
taqysyte.jpg

Madison CAGs: what are your thoughts on the various game stores in the city?  And where (if anywhere) can I find imports?  The only stores I'm aware of right now are:

- GameStop: skipping this...

- Pre-Played: went there today, huuuuuge place.  Prices are a bit high (or maybe CAG just has me jaded), but the selection is quite a bit better than any other brick-and-mortar store I've been to.

- Video Game X-Change: tried to go there today, but they had just closed, damn.  I'm on the west side, so it's a bit of a drive... might try again tomorrow.  Got a gift card for this place, and I'm curious to see how much is on it-- I just subleased an apartment from a married couple who were moving out of the state, and when I picked up the keys, I saw they'd placed a gift card in the envelope. :D  Made my day.

There's another Video Game X-Change on the near east side:

https://goo.gl/maps/eW4aq

I stopped in there a few months ago and they have a lot of different stuff, so you're bound to find something.  They have a pretty large retro selection including reasonably-priced consoles ($20-$50 for new or refurb NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, GameCube, etc.), but like Pre-Played the games are mostly priced at market value.  They definitely had import stuff when I was there, and there's a big glass case kind of in the middle full of random items like toys, stuffed animals, and trinkets (mostly Nintendo IIRC).  I didn't even realize that they still had a store on the west side, but their old west side location was about a third of the size of the Atwood Ave. store.  You could easily kill an hour or two there.

Aside from VGX and Pre-Played you can find a decent selection of games at Half Price Books, but since they don't specialize in games they don't always have a lot.  At the east side HPB they usually have the really good stuff in the locked glass case.  HPB also does 30/40/50% off coupons a few times a year if you sign up for their emails.  Pawn America has a lot, but their video game section is pure chaos and their prices are pretty high.  Sometimes you can get lucky at Goodwill or Salvation Army or St. Vinnie's or Savers.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info.  And sorry for the late reply; I didn't see your post until just now.

I checked out Video Game X-Change a couple of weekends ago, nice place.  Turned out the gift card that the subleasers gave me for VGX was worth $60. :O  Very generous of them.

On another note, Rossi's Pizza is awesome.  Greatest arcade I've been to since the 90s.

Shopko has PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3 / cross-buy, comes with a Vita code) on clearance for $16.  Only a couple of bucks cheaper than Amazon, but not a bad deal.

If anyone sees a clearance deal on a PS3 console (any version, any hard-drive size, must be NEW-in-box) in the Milwaukee/Waukesha  area, please let me know.  With so many special versions released, I'm hoping someplace will be trying to get rid of an older model.

My original 60GB FAT PS3 finally died, in what I believe is a YLOD issue.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back