Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

I'll run over there this afternoon and see whats left.

I wouldn't mind picking up a few SNES titles for my girls... for when they get to the age to play them.

[quote name='psunami']
I wouldn't mind picking up a few SNES titles for my girls... for when they get to the age to play them.[/QUOTE]

It's not like there are 100's of SNES games sitting anywhere else in Madison.

Seriously though, if you're in the mood for SNES games, you should do Preplayed and VGE a favor and relieve them of a few cartridges.

[quote name='heybtbm']It's not like there are 100's of SNES games sitting anywhere else in Madison.

Seriously though, if you're in the mood for SNES games, you should do Preplayed and VGE a favor and relieve them of a few cartridges.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I know that I could stand to pick up a few SNES titles that I'm sure my kids would enjoy.

I did pick up a complete copy of Starfox for the SNES for $3.99 at Savers though. They had a box for Super Mario Kart for the SNES, but Super Mario World was inside.

[quote name='heybtbm']It's not like there are 100's of SNES games sitting anywhere else in Madison.

Seriously though, if you're in the mood for SNES games, you should do Preplayed and VGE a favor and relieve them of a few cartridges.[/QUOTE]

Preplayed rocks, I was in Madison last weekend and it felt sooooo good to get back there and pick up a few things. When I lived in Platteville we made byweekly trips up to Preplayed (with dinner at Hooters) but since I moved to Iowa I miss them. I haven't been to VGE for several years and I couldn't remember where it was so after an hour and a half of aimless driving my wife said enough, this "VGE" is in your head. NOOOO I said, I went there once. Happy to hear I'm not crazy.

[quote name='psunami']I've never been a huge fan of VGE. They're a bit more overpriced than some of the other places around town as I recall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, their prices are a little ridiculous when it comes to modern-gen used stuff. Almost laughable sometimes. Also, Preplayed pays more for used games...so they always have a better selection.

Does anyone know where I can find Guitar Hero 2 for xbox 360 in Madison? On or near campus if possible? I've looked around and can't find it, but its hard for me to get off campus because I don't have a car. Thanks!

I saw a copy at Best Buy yesterday on the West Side, not likely to still be in stock though.

In the downtown area, I think you're going to be stuck other than picking it up at EB, when they get it again.

[quote name='gtguru']Does anyone know where I can find Guitar Hero 2 for xbox 360 in Madison? On or near campus if possible? I've looked around and can't find it, but its hard for me to get off campus because I don't have a car. Thanks![/quote]
I think there are some at the State St. EB, at least I think so....
Just go in and if they don't have any they will *probably* call you when they do, they are the nice ones in town.:)

120GB 360 HDD's at the franklin Wallmart $179.99 I picked up one out of the four available in case anyone else needed one.

ALSO! they were JAM PACKED with Wiimotes and nunchucks.

Looks like they had elite 360s and sold out already. Please PLEASE if you see a 360 elite at a walmart purchase it for me and I will pay you back with a extra $100 for your troubles. I sold my old 360 and I'm have Xbox live withdrawals.

State Street EB didn't have any copies of GH2 and had no idea when they were going to get more. But I got the last copy at Toys R Us on the west side. Thanks!

the state st. eb is like eternally sold out of anything good and recent. nice guys though. :)

Has anyone had any luck getting import games from Video Game X-Change or any other local retailers in Madison?

I want to pick up Pro Yakyuu Spirits 4 for the PS3 and I'd like to avoid the $20 shipping charge from PlayAsia if at all possible.

Edit: Video Game X-Change doesn't import any more. I ended up ordering the game from Play Asia, but the question is still out there.

[quote name='psunami']I'd consider the HD-DVD addon for 70, just so I could have Serenity in HD.[/QUOTE]

It's easily worth the original $200 IMO. If anyone finds one for $70...pick it up immediately. I've been renting (not buying) Blu-Ray and HD DVD's from Netflix and have really enjoyed it so far.

Shopko on the East side had some of the new 360 hard drives...only they were $200, and Wii points for $25. Isn't this illegal in some form?

Although they do have Rumble Roses, Table Tennis, King Kong, for $21, as well as Far Cry for Wii. If anyones interested in those.

One last things...has Best Buy always carried imports? I saw Naruto 4 sitting in the DS section with an import sticker on it. I wouldn't mind walking into a BB and picking up Jump Superstars.

Best Buy has had some import DS games for the last 6 months.

They did have a Jump title, but it was like $50 bucks. I can't remember which one it was for the DS though.

[quote name='Mattte'].One last things...has Best Buy always carried imports? I saw Naruto 4 sitting in the DS section with an import sticker on it. I wouldn't mind walking into a BB and picking up Jump Superstars.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the import PSP version of Breath of Fire III last Fall at the Westside BB. They only seem to have import PSP and DS games. Most likely because of those systems not having a region lock. Hopefully we'll see import PS3 games soon (when there are actually imports worth buying...that is.)

I just ordered Pro Yakyuu Spirits 4 from Play Asia the other day and it's a tremendous baseball game. Well worth the cost of the import. Now I just have to work on learning a bit of Japanese.

Anyone pick up an Elite today? Just wondering if there was a crowd for these things.

[quote name='Quest15']Hey,

I don't know if any of you saw this:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/deals/dealzmodo-sams-club-xbox-360-hd-dvd-drives-for-72-255161.php

But the sams on the west side only has the demo left and it is 121.

Can anybody else scope out a sams and see if they have them? The sams worker said they were a discontinued item, so maybe they really are that cheap in some places.

For 72 I would pick one up.

-- Quest15[/quote]

Wow, if anyone sees one at the West Madison, please PM me!

I was just thinking about the lack of posting here lately. No GGC's at either Madison Best Buy lately. Lots of Wii accessories though...except points cards, of course.

[quote name='psunami']Has anyone had any luck getting import games from Video Game X-Change or any other local retailers in Madison?[/quote]

Besides the few mentioned titles at Best Buy, occasionally i've found some spiffy games at Preplayed. Of course, those were titles some one sold to them.

You'll be hard lucked to find any import game store here :/
___

The toy store that used to be in Mitsuwa down near Chicago carries import games and can take requests. I think that's the closest import game retailer.

Not to much to report locally other than the Toys R Us on S. 27th street in Milwaukee dropped lots of Nintendo DS games to $15 and under and they had a bin of GB micro starter kits on clearance for $1.90 and another bin of GB micro Sock sleves on clearance for $0.10....

[quote name='dyreschlock']Besides the few mentioned titles at Best Buy, occasionally i've found some spiffy games at Preplayed. Of course, those were titles some one sold to them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Preplayed continues to be a gold mine for used stuff. I've been picking up tons of Dreamcast and PS1 games in the past few weeks.

[quote name='psunami']I have this silly aversion to buying used games, but I should stop in at Preplayed from time to time....[/QUOTE]

Preplayed resurfaces all used games...Gamestop/EB and Video Game Exchange only will if you ask them to. I've never had a bad game come from Preplayed...ever. Also, most games (especially 360 and PS3 games) are in excellent condition. They look like they were just opened. When I buy used games, the packaging must be perfect...and it often is at Preplayed.

Their resurfacing machine is great too. it's hard to tell if they've been resurfaced. they almost always look new.

Well, I guess I'll have to run out there. Any opinions about the East side or West side locations?

I'll be out on the East side tomorrow after work, so I can hit that one and see what's what.

[quote name='psunami']Well, I guess I'll have to run out there. Any opinions about the East side or West side locations?

I'll be out on the East side tomorrow after work, so I can hit that one and see what's what.[/QUOTE]

They're both pretty good, though I've definitely had better luck at the west side store. they have a larger selection too.

[quote name='Apossum']They're both pretty good, though I've definitely had better luck at the west side store. they have a larger selection too.[/quote]
i've had luck at both locations. More so the West-side for imports, East-side for domestic.

fyi: Circuit City on the East-side has two copies of PS2 Lumines Plus for $17

I checked out the East Side Preplayed store last night and they had a decent selection of games... nothing that jumped out at me then though.

I was surprised to see a bunch of Blu-ray disks for less than $20 though.

I may have to purchase a few of those eventually.

The music store on State Street in Madison (Yak and... something) is going out of business with 20% off everything ($5 CDs) they had some games, nothing really of note though, a lot of PS2 and Xbox as well as a few 360 such as Smackdown 2007. Prices after discount for the 360 games were about $20

[quote name='dyreschlock']fyi: Circuit City on the East-side has two copies of PS2 Lumines Plus for $17[/QUOTE]

Lumines for PS2 is $16.96 new at Circuit City.

[quote name='mcelfour']Has anyone seen any deals on GB Micros in the Madison area? I suppose what I really mean is which places still have them?[/QUOTE]

I saw 2 anniversary micros at Sears a month ago, but they were gone when I was there on tuesday

GB Micro's are red tagged down to $30 bucks at the New Berlin Wal-Mart off National Ave and Moorland. Pretty nice deal IMO.

[quote name='psunami']If anyone is interested I saw Full Auto 2 for the PS3 for $21 bucks at Sams in Madison today.

Nothing else of note.[/quote]

Just got to look around for that title, it is cheap just about everywhere..

mmm....glass nickel pizza for lunch. anyone got any exotic glass nickel combos to recommend? I'm not too adventurous when it comes to pizza, but these guys have so many weird toppings and I've never tried any of them :)

bread's done
Back