Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='Mattte']Friend just passed an email off to me (he works at Shopko). If you sign up here: http://www.shopko.com/myfriends/ they'll apparantly send you a 20% coupon.

In the past they've done 20% off for employees only, and everything was fair game, so thats $100 off a PS3 if you're lookin for one.[/quote]

Thanks for the link, I signed up the other day, got my coupon emailed just now. Video games and hardware excluded, as well as movies. Hell, even food and pop are excluded. :roll:

Thanks for the coupon anyways.

yeah, shopko "family and friends" events suck, they pretty much exlude most of the hardlines side of the store. but at least my 10% discount is on everything

[quote name='Mattte']Yeah that coupon is pretty lame...I need some new dress shirts so I'll have to go check out what they've got.[/quote]
Best CAG worthy deals on dress shirts is at TJ Max if you have one near Mad-town. $15-20 for name brand shirts that are reg price $40-60. Colors are extreme YMMV, though.

[quote name='Plat']Hollywood Video on Webster is 50% off new/used games. Pretty much picked over, but you never know.
Shopko has a pile of clearance games for PS2/XBox/GCN. Selection varies by store.
Got Mario Strikers Charged from Family Video on Webster this weekend, for $20 complete. Mario Party 5 for $8 complete. I didn't see any other copies, but you might watch for other Wii games dropping.[/quote]

hey try out the kmart over by lambeau field. I saw mario strikers on cleareance for 19 bucks plus the 30% discount,so that's like 13 bucks something brand new. plus tons of xbox,ps2, gamecube and 360 games. Glad to see a few people from Green Bay, thought i was the only one!

[quote name='deletion']hey try out the kmart over by lambeau field. I saw mario strikers on cleareance for 19 bucks plus the 30% discount,so that's like 13 bucks something brand new. plus tons of xbox,ps2, gamecube and 360 games. Glad to see a few people from Green Bay, thought i was the only one![/quote]

Sweet! I just moved to that area. I'll check it out. Any other good game shops in Geebs?

[quote name='deletion']hey try out the kmart over by lambeau field. I saw mario strikers on cleareance for 19 bucks plus the 30% discount,so that's like 13 bucks something brand new. plus tons of xbox,ps2, gamecube and 360 games. Glad to see a few people from Green Bay, thought i was the only one![/quote]

Likewise about being the only one! Thanks for the tip; I already have both Strikers but I picked up Mario All-Stars Baseball for $13, and an Intec PS2 multitap for $5. They had a 12-month Xbox Live kit (incl. game and microphone) for $20, but it was opened.

[quote name='ninju D']Sweet! I just moved to that area. I'll check it out. Any other good game shops in Geebs?[/quote]

You can try GB Games. There's one on the corner of Mason and Main Street, and then over by Military. There's also another used Games/DVDs shop on military (forgot the name of it).

[quote name='Plat']Likewise about being the only one! Thanks for the tip; I already have both Strikers but I picked up Mario All-Stars Baseball for $13, and an Intec PS2 multitap for $5. They had a 12-month Xbox Live kit (incl. game and microphone) for $20, but it was opened.[/quote]

Great find. How's mario strikers? i should have picked it up the last time i went by there. Hey, the East side shopko on mason has a pretty good clearance on games. I picked up King Kong for the xbox for about 3 bucks. There were a few selection of Gameboy advance, gamecube and ps2 games if you're interested.

[quote name='ninju D']Sweet! I just moved to that area. I'll check it out. Any other good game shops in Geebs?[/quote]
Welcome to the area! :) Depends on the platform/game, I suppose, but here're a few way too many random comments:

Shopko - Clearance stickers don't always reflect the real price, and it's hard to find a price checker except at Bay Park Mall. Prices seem to be universal across stores, so if you see it for $2 at one store and $10 at another, the $10 is probably wrong. If employees are feeling nice, they can also check their system to see whether a product is in stock at nearby stores. They tend to clearance games out slower than other stores (so if you're looking for an older hard-to-find game, you might have luck here).

Gamestop - We've got three (De Pere, Bay Park Mall, and West Mason by Sam's Club), so you should have a decent chance at using the gamestop.com Web site to find a store who has the game in stock. I haven't personally been impressed by Bay Park's customer service; must be related to their traffic.

Preplayed (on Oneida street, across from Bay Park Mall) - They've got reasonable prices sometimes. Price stickers are weird: Mario's Time Machine complete in box was $5; cartridge-only was $17. Classic games (e.g. NES) are not in their computer system, and stickers can't be seen without asking someone to open the display case. I'm sure there are some good $2 games in there, but it'll be hard to find when pricing is unknown. Urgh. They're the only store I know of, that keeps a waiting list for used games. Supposedly you can give them your name and number, and they'll call you when a certain used game comes in. That said, I haven't been called yet.

Mega Media Exchange (formerly Take 2) - All NES games are $4, and sometimes they're decent (e.g. Yoshi, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc). They've got a computer system so you can look up pricing, but the interface is broken. (Try doing a search after a search, or using the "enter" key to submit your search, and you'll know what I mean). They've got the largest variety I've seen in the area, so definitely check this place out. They also have a rental program where you can pay monthly to rent out an amount of their inventory. ALWAYS check for duplicate copies of the item before you buy. (e.g. identical name-brand Dreamcast controllers were priced from $2 to $9; some SNES games range from $2-$5 for the same title/condition).

GB Games - A miracle every once in a while. Super Mario RPG for $30, Advance Wars DS for $12, Ice Climber for $4, but they're not overflowing with it. They seem to be cheap when offering $$ to buy games.

Video Game Kingdom - Reasonable prices, and really friendly staff. They also seem to offer more $$ for games than GB Games does. They've also got a lot of arcade game cabinets and tools lying around. Every once in a while they have the weirdo consoles (like Neo Geo, TI-99, Atari 2600, etc).

Goodwill - The west-side Goodwill prices games about $1 more than the east-side goodwill. I spent the last month routinely stopping by the east-side Goodwill to catch patterns in their stock. Found a few neat NES/SNES/GB/GBA/XBOX deals, but stock was pretty random.

St. Vincent De Paul - Sometimes you can find classic (2600/NES/SNES/N64/GEN/etc) games for $2 each. Not sure when the best time to go is.

Toys R Us - Their clearance bin can be interesting every once in a while. They've got a price-checking machine in the electronics department, which makes it easy to check for lower-than-expected prices.

Circuit City - I've only had luck here when being tipped off from CAG. Every deal I've had, has been due to the sticker price not matching the clearance price, and the item not being in the clearance bin. Good thing Circuit City prices are universal(ish) across stores.

Sears - I must not stop here at the right time. The deals tend to be pretty dry, no matter how many bored/wandering store employees might be staring at me.

Family Video - They're having some good clearance prices on games at the moment, depending on the store. You might find PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games for $4.95-$7.95. The problem is, most of these don't come with manuals. In a stroke of luck, I asked an employee about the manuals, and she was kind enough to go search the back boxes to find them for me. Now that's customer service. I'm used to being told "it doesn't come with manuals".

Hollywood Video - Every once in a while they have some $5 games (e.g. Kirby Star Race for Gamecube). Usually they include the manuals. The HV on Webster is closing soon of course, so you might find some clearance deals there. Suikoden IV was around $10 not long ago, I believe.

[quote name='deletion']Great find. How's mario strikers? i should have picked it up the last time i went by there. Hey, the East side shopko on mason has a pretty good clearance on games. I picked up King Kong for the xbox for about 3 bucks. There were a few selection of Gameboy advance, gamecube and ps2 games if you're interested.[/quote]

I enjoy Strikers for the Gamecube, but most of my friends would rather not play it with me. And the Wii people beat me up pretty bad. I'm out of practice. For $13, I'd recommend it. Worst-case, you can probably flip it and get your money back.

Dang @ Shopko. I'm pretty close to there, so I ought to check it out. Thanks. Suddenly I really like this thread :).

[quote name='Plat']
Preplayed (on Oneida street, across from Bay Park Mall) - They've got reasonable prices sometimes. Price stickers are weird: Mario's Time Machine complete in box was $5; cartridge-only was $17. Classic games (e.g. NES) are not in their computer system, and stickers can't be seen without asking someone to open the display case. I'm sure there are some good $2 games in there, but it'll be hard to find when pricing is unknown. Urgh. They're the only store I know of, that keeps a waiting list for used games. Supposedly you can give them your name and number, and they'll call you when a certain used game comes in. That said, I haven't been called yet.[/QUOTE]

The Green Bay Preplayed is the sorriest excuse for a game store I've ever seen. I guess I've been spoiled by the two here in Madison, but damn...the GB store is a mess. I'd rather go to a Video Game Exchange (gasp!) any day over that place.

Shopko by East Towne (Madison) had GH3 out this morning, but their registers wouldn't let it go through. A couple nice old ladies tried to get it to work for me, but finally they had to call over the electronics guy and he realized the mistake. Oh well. I can wait until Sunday.

[quote name='Plat']Welcome to the area! :) Depends on the platform/game, I suppose, but here're a few way too many random comments:

Shopko - Clearance stickers don't always reflect the real price, and it's hard to find a price checker except at Bay Park Mall...[/quote]

Plat, thanks for the breakdown of game places in the area. I've been in GB for about 5 years now and had no idea of the other places.

Saw on craig's list that play n' trade in Madison (on University) has used gamecubes for $25, not the best deal since you can get any gamecube game for free with a used gamecube at GS right now.

But they're also selling used Xboxes for $50, which is pretty awesome. This sale lasts through Halloween.

I haven't seen too much in the area of late. The East Madison Target has a few games on clearance, but they're changing their percentage off very quickly.

For example, they have a copy of SSX Blur on clearance for 35% off, and it's been that price for the last 3 weeks.

They have a few Xbox games for 75% off, nothing great though.

I did see Metal Gear Portable Ops for the PSP for $13 something as well.

Was just at the new madison extra bigass walmart, they had the rock band demo up in the holiday section. Some stoned highschoolers were on it. Im saving my first play for surround sound 54" setup.

I used a printout of the Kmart 20% off coupon to get a 40gb PS3 in Fort Atkinson today. They had at least 1 60gb and 1 80gb left.

Family Video in Two Rivers has a bunch of Wii games for $19.95 including Metroid Prime 3, Mario Party 8, Pokemon Battle Revolution (?), Madden '08, Transformers, Boogie and a few others.

FV in Manitowoc also has 3 copies of Metroid Prime 3 for 19.95 each.

It sounds like FVs are selling off old copies of Wii/360 games that they have duplicate copies of. Newer games (e.g. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games) aren't being sold yet.

So if you have a FV, and especially if it doesn't have a lot of room for games, check that stock out :).

Me and a friend are going to try BB at midnight. If failed we are spreading out to cover other retailers at opening tomorrow. Also might want to check the new extra bigass Walmart, they could sell them at midnight.

Well, I have $120 in credit at Best Buy, so that's about my only option for right now.

I have to go into work late tonight, so I'm going to swing by the store around 11:30 and see what the place looks like.

Any CAG's having luck with finding the K-Mart Coupon here in WI?

I was out at a few stores in the GB area this weekend; all of them had pharmacies, but none of them had the pamphlet with the coupon in it.

(Hoping to use this with Rock Band (PS3) on Wednesday....printed if necessary, but I'd rather try to avoid the hassle of the printout.)

They did have the signage up when I was there earlier and there was a guy waiting at 4:00 in the afternoon. Which is nuts, because it was raining... and getting cold.

I'm still showing up at 11:30. I'll have my DS with me. Playing Picross.

[quote name='aktick']I used a printout of the Kmart 20% off coupon to get a 40gb PS3 in Fort Atkinson today. They had at least 1 60gb and 1 80gb left.[/quote]

Tried this in Burlington - didn't work. Apparently some of the stores are catching on.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Any CAG's having luck with finding the K-Mart Coupon here in WI?

I was out at a few stores in the GB area this weekend; all of them had pharmacies, but none of them had the pamphlet with the coupon in it.

(Hoping to use this with Rock Band (PS3) on Wednesday....printed if necessary, but I'd rather try to avoid the hassle of the printout.)[/quote]

I was able to use it with no problems. The first K-Mart I arrived at I couldn't find it after glancing around, so I asked the pharmacist. Apparently I wasn't the only one asking, he said that there had been people asking about it, but he didn't know anything about it. After arriving at the second K-Mart, I once again found nothing after searching. So once again I went up to the pharmacist. I then described what I was looking for. At first she looked around and couldn't find anything, but then all of the sudden she came up with a handful of the pamphlets. So if you don't have luck looking around, make sure to ask.

I was number 43 in line for the 360 version.

They still had 10 to 15 copies left when I was done checking out... with no one else in line. If people are still looking tomorrow, looks like they'll have at least a few copies at the West Madison store.

I stopped out to the West Madison Walmart to pick up a Wii Zapper and they had 2 copies of Rock Band for the 360 sitting out at around 5. They also had more than a few Zapper's as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the Wii Zapper at Walmart (Westside - Madison). They still had 10-15 left this morning around 10:00 am. FYI: They still had 1 (huge) copy of Rock Band on the shelves too. I have no interest, so I left it there.

I'm glad I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for the Wii Zapper. The damn thing wasn't due to ship until the first week of December (I pre-ordered a month ago).

Edit: They also had a ton of the white PS2's behind the glass. Those were new to me.

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that Rock Band hype > demand.

We'll see how it goes throughout the holidays... but I just can't see it selling like people were expecting. $170 is a lot for one game. No matter what it comes with.

I got my wife to sing while I was on the drums last night, so that made it worth it for me.

Help me out, GB CAGs. Totally OT, but I need some good places to go for a burger. I've been in town for a while now and I can't find a good place. Help!

[quote name='ninju D']Help me out, GB CAGs. Totally OT, but I need some good places to go for a burger. I've been in town for a while now and I can't find a good place. Help![/QUOTE]

Titletown Brewing Company is pretty good. Their beer is excellent. I try to stop in every time I'm up that way.

I do like Tom's from time to time, but what I am looking for is one of those burgers that will knock your socks off. Every town has a little hole-in-the-wall joint that serves amazing food, I just haven't found it yet.
For example, if you are ever in Appleton hit up a place called Emmett's on Richmond St (AKA HWY 47) to have one hell of a burger.

If anyone has seen the 360 Guitar Hero III (bundle) anywhere around Madison recently, please post and let me know. Every store has tons of the PS3, PS2, Wii, and PC versions...but no 360 bundles.

FYI the Green Bay Circuit City has Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii) for 29.99. I don't know if it's the in-store price or if they accidentally mis-stickered all Rabbids 2 games with the Rabbids 1 price, or what. Maybe it's that mediocre of a game.

Also, they're accepting "special orders" for the Wii console today. No money down, no guarantee that it'll be in stock by Christmas. One employee said you could special order over the phone, another employee said you had to be there in-person. Nobody gave a clear answer to how long the current list is, nor how many days they've been taking special orders. One customer claimed they "special ordered" several days ago, whereas another customer said they were never offered this yesterday when checking Wii stock. But you should be able to today.

When you special order, you also get 10% any games and accessories, and have the opportunity to buy their gamer card for $10 rather than $20 (which gives you 10% off for the next year). Not amazing, but it's something. 10% off accessories is more than usual. I think this %-off promotion is store-specific.

[quote name='Plat']FYI the Green Bay Circuit City [is] accepting "special orders" for the Wii console today. No money down, no guarantee that it'll be in stock by Christmas.[/quote]
In case you were curious, my special-order came in today (I special-ordered on Sunday). And they're still taking special orders. Still no payment required, not much to lose. Still no guarantees that it comes by Christmas.

Not sure how great a deal this is, but I say Elite Beat Agents for $19.99 at Madison West side TRU today. There were a couple of copies. I think this was Amazon DOTD a couple of times several months ago, but if anyone didn't get in and wants it now...

I was tempted. :)

[quote name='Plat']In case you were curious, my [Green Bay Circuit City] special-order came in today (I special-ordered on Sunday). And they're still taking special orders. Still no payment required, not much to lose. Still no guarantees that it comes by Christmas.[/quote]

OK, this the last time I'll bump the CC special-order thing. I'm surprised it fell upon tumbleweed.

Anyway, my wife placed another special order last Thursday, and it came in stock today. Not sure if they're still accepting special orders, but it sure seems like a swell way to go.

Calling upon the Madison CAGs for some help.

I've been looking around town for the past few days for a deer statue (something that would be able to fit on a shelf and something not too tiny). But I've had no luck. Are there any like hunting specific stores around town? I went the place right outside of the East Town Mall and they didn't have anything like it.

Looking for something along the lines of this:
YT6146.jpg

EDIT: Also saw 6 copies of Rock Band (360) at the Eastside Target. Don't know if they are still hard to find, so just a heads up.

bread's done
Back