Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

FYI:

"Tony Hawk's Proving Ground" (XBox 360) finally showed up at the Green Bay East Main Goodwill ($7.99 each, from the Target clearance).

Also, Family Video East Main seemed to have a number of PS2/XBOX/GCN games for $4.95 each. Picked up Tales of Symphonia; they had other fun stuff like Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, but no manuals.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Anyone go to racine, wi Walmart to see if they have this sale going on?[/quote]

Just to answer my own question, i just got back from there, they did have a stack of items in the pic, but they were listed at 25.00 each. Ill have to keep going back and hope they lower the price soon.

Green bay eastside Kmart had Intec Wirelesss/Rechargeable Gamecube controller for 7 bucks and 20Gig 360 Hard Drive for 25 bucks. The controller works great!!!

[quote name='Plat']FYI:

"Tony Hawk's Proving Ground" (XBox 360) finally showed up at the Green Bay East Main Goodwill ($7.99 each, from the Target clearance).
[/QUOTE]

I managed to get a copy of THPG at my Target in Madison for $7.48. I don't think they sell off the titles to Goodwill here... but maybe they do.

Some deals I saw today:

Target (124th and Capital Drive -- Brookfield)
-- Time Shift for PC $12.98
-- Kayne & Lynch Dead men for PC $12.98
-- Halo 3 Hero Clix $3
-- Microsoft Office 2007 $0.10 (this is the on the rack price, I saw a customer price check it and the employee said the empty display box on the rack is in the system as 10 cents, but the barcode on the box reads regular price)

Toys R Us (Northridge area -- Brown Deer)
-- Xbox 360 Cables (VGA, Stereo AV, Component Microsoft Brand) $9.99
-- Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive (with King Kong) $129.99 (one left as of 7pm)

Shot in the dark:

I don't suppose anyone has 2 extra tickets for Bon Jovi in Milwaukee on Feb 21, do you? I'd love to treat my wife to her first concert, but I have no interest in paying $100 for two tickets behind the stage.

Drop me a line if you do...

For those CAGs in the Milwaukee, WI area, the New Berlin Goodwill just got in a bunch of new next-gen games:

PSP SOCOM game $24.99

PS3 Eye of Judgement $49.99

PS2 Singstar 2-mike Bundles $29.99

PS2 Buzz bundles $29.99

360 Scene-It Bundles $39.99

360 Mass Effect $24.99

I picked up just the last one, and there were still 5 of ME left.

Get 'em while you can,

Rich

Has anybody in Madison checked the hush-hush top secret TRU clearance (see pinned TRU sales thread)? I wouldn't mind getting SSX for the Wii if they have it.

I hadn't even noticed that thread to this point. They've done a great job keeping it on the down low.

I'd probably pick up the PS3 version of The Darkness for that price.

If I get out there tomorrow, I'll give it a look for SSX for you.

Yeah, they did such a good job trying to keep FW and SD away that no on here even knew about it. The benboxer clearance thread has been bumped know, so I guess the cat's out of the bag.

I didn't really see much of anything in Madison. They had a few of the older 360 sports games in their bin... but that's about it.

They marked down most of the next-gen games at the Goodwill in New Berlin:

PS3 Eye of Judgment w/camera and deck $24.99 (rather beat-up packaging, though)

360 Scene It! w/4 controllers $19.99

PS2 Buzz! w/4 controllers $9.99

360 Viva Pinata Party Animals $19.99

360 Mass Effect $24.99

I picked up a Scene It! & Buzz bundles...Party Animals was new to the mix, and there were still 10 copies of Mass Effect left...enjoy!

Rich

Anyone in Madison know where to pick up a super cheap original Xbox? I feel like that might be fun to play around with for a while.

[quote name='WiiNet']Anyone in Madison know where to pick up a super cheap original Xbox? I feel like that might be fun to play around with for a while.[/quote]

How much is Gamestop charging for em these days?

[quote name='ben_man587']How much is Gamestop charging for em these days?[/quote]

$59.99 for a used XBox you are better off checking Craigslist seeing you find them in better condition and bundled with games. My brother purchased a used Xbox from GS and had to make one trip to swap the system and another to get a controller because that was trashed.

I stopped at a Shopko here and they have slashed the clearance prices on some games. I picked up Metal Slug 4 & 5 (Xbox) for $3.59 and Rise of the Kasai (PS2) for $2.89. They had one copy of Odama left but it was still $37.99 so not all the clearance games were reduced.

FYI the PS2 version of Metal Slug 4/5 was $3.xx as well (at Shopko).

Also, some 19.99 games I've seen recently at Family Video: Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Might have to check out the Family video. Plat, was that east side green bay? i've been looking to get Umbrella Chronicles, ever since Ghost Squad+Nyko Perfect Shot was such a big hit for me. thanks and good lookin out!

Stoped by CompUSA yesterday. They had some 360, PSP, PS3 and one or two DS games for 40% off.

I think the store closes March 1 though.

Also of note--any Mac users--the Dot Mac family packs is only $90, which is a great deal.

If anyone is in the Butler area there is a guy that has a small Ebay store that is selling PS2/Xbox/GC games for $5. He does not have any rare gems in there from what I saw but there is a wide selection and some sealed stuff.

He also has some 360 games for $10.

Nice thing is he is not charging any tax.

Checked Madison west side Shopko, no cheap gamecubes (see:this thread) . There were a couple I think a few weeks ago, but now are gone. Not surprising.

Still some stuff in the bin for $9.99. Nothing stuck out to me.

[quote name='deletion']Might have to check out the Family video. Plat, was that east side green bay? i've been looking to get Umbrella Chronicles, ever since Ghost Squad+Nyko Perfect Shot was such a big hit for me. thanks and good lookin out![/quote]

Sorry I missed this post before; RE:UC was indeed on the east-side FV (on Main St). I think they had 2 copies last Thursday after I got mine; not exactly flying off the shelves, but I can't promise they're still there.

Any CAGs going to any of the midnight Brawl launches in the Milwaukee area?

Any Milwaukee-local joints have good prices for trading in DVDs?

Best to just call and ask.

FYI, West Green Bay Wal-Mart Supercenter has $17 "2000 Wii Points + Classic Glove", and $15 "Elite Beat Agents + Accessories" in their clearance aisle (not near electronics)

man i wish those wii points and glove would drop down to at least 12 or 10, i'd jump on that. On another note, green bay CC had excite bike for 16.97. they had like two copies left the last time i was there. i had to literally dig through the games to find a copy.

@deletion: Aww, lucky. I was there on Sunday, dug through all the Wii games i could find, and still no Excite Truck.

Walmart - West Madison had two copies of Odama yesterday for $10 bucks in their "clearance" section. Not a bad price for that.

[quote name='Plat']@deletion: Aww, lucky. I was there on Sunday, dug through all the Wii games i could find, and still no Excite Truck.[/quote]

i went saturday morning. wish i knew you wanted a copy, would of totally picked one up for you...if i ever find any sweet wii deals, i'll make sure to pick up a second copy for you, i can always return it if you already have it.

Has anyone seen Clearance HD-DVDs around Madison? I'd heard Target was dumping theirs, but I didn't want to head over without some confirmation.

I've been looking at the HD DVD selection at Target of late and I haven't seen any changes yet.

Nothing in the clearance sections either.

Apparently Target won't clear out the majority of its HD-DVDs until June, although someone (not Wisconsin) did say they found 40 Year Old Virgin for $7

[quote name='deletion']i went saturday morning. wish i knew you wanted a copy, would of totally picked one up for you...if i ever find any sweet wii deals, i'll make sure to pick up a second copy for you, i can always return it if you already have it.[/quote]
That's okay, I'm just happy to be informed! Thanks for the offer though.

[quote name='Wazootyman']Apparently Target won't clear out the majority of its HD-DVDs until June, although someone (not Wisconsin) did say they found 40 Year Old Virgin for $7[/QUOTE]

I stopped by the Super Target tonight and their HD DVD selection is down to about 12 disks now. They cleared out about 2/3rd of what they had there. Never hit the clearance shelf.

Sun Prairie Walmart has the 2000 Wii Point and Classic Controller gloves for $15.
They also have the Classic Controller with the glove for $15. Not a great deal, but $5 bucks off Wii points is nice.

bread's done
Back