Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

deletion get me those 2 360 contrllers. ill pay for shipping. HEYMAN you from milwaukee? gh2 for 20.99 at northridge. i got 2 last week.

Anyone going to Gamestop today?

I'm hoping to pick up

Worms 2
Dirty Dancing (for the wife...)
maybe GW EotN

I heard that the pc games might be limited.... which stinks.

If anyone is looking for a gamecube and controller, there are 3 boxed for 24.98 clearence... it's like the back endcap about 3 rows away from electronics going into like other crap electronics...VERY BOTTOM shelf... had to like bend over and on my knees to see the others back in there...

This is in the Target west side, Mineral Pt Rd in Madison.

I snagged one, just in case, there is I think 3 left, 1 of them looks like it used to be a soccer ball in another life.

I used the 5 off 25 target coupon... can't been a new cube and controller for 20.

I thought of snaggin one and selling it, but ebay is crap now.

[quote name='munn3yxiong']deletion get me those 2 360 contrllers. ill pay for shipping. HEYMAN you from milwaukee? gh2 for 20.99 at northridge. i got 2 last week.[/quote]

i'll drop by tomorrow and see if they're still there. i'll pm you if i find 'em.

[quote name='xycury']Anyone going to Gamestop today?

I'm hoping to pick up

Worms 2
Dirty Dancing (for the wife...)
maybe GW EotN

I heard that the pc games might be limited.... which stinks.[/quote]

picked up timeshift today SEALED! I might go back tomorrow and pick up House of the Dead. I rarely use the wii, so i'm a little hesitant, still got No more heroes that i haven't even played yet.

Before everyone rushes off to Target to buy the $25 Gamecubes, it should be noted that these are the redesigned models (DOL-101) without a component jack on the back. If you don't have Gamecube component cables (they are hard to find and expensive), this isn't really a big deal.

For the rest of us who care about such things, buyer beware (or just play your Gamecube games on the Wii with component hook-ups). However, one thing you can't do with the Wii is use your Gameboy Player. Not many people know that all GBA games are 480p when using the 1st model GC and component cables. It really makes a difference on an HDTV.

When Nintendo announced that they were discontinuing the older "progressive scan" GC's (DOL-001), I bought a back up GC to keep when my original finally bites it. I managed to find a stash of them at Circuit City on the Eastside (Madison). This was sometime during the summer of 2005. Preplayed still has some DOL-001's for those that are interested.

Quite a few new clearance games at the SuperTarget. Heavenly Sword ($41) American Idol Karaoke Revolution - 360 ($20something)

I might have picked up a few, but I didn't have any coupons on me.

munn3y...the controllers are gone man. these things go quick. i'll keep an eye out for you though. we've got another kmart on the east side i can check out.

West Target and Super West Target had tons of Guitar Hero I and II games for PS2 for $20 on clearance. Super mostly had I, regular mostly had II.

EDIT: Game only for each.

[quote name='WiiNet']West Target and Super West Target had tons of Guitar Hero I and II games for PS2 for $20 on clearance. Super mostly had I, regular mostly had II.[/quote]

Are these game only, or do they include guitar controller? I never have gotten in on GH or the like...but perhaps for $20...

Sorry--game only... meant to say that...

More...
Anyone know of a super cheap place to get an LCD in Madison or Milwaukee? I don't need anything fancy, 15" or bigger, preferably a nice brand. Can be used or new but I don't want to spend more than $75.

This is a super huge YMMV.

I went to the Northridge Best Buy this afternoon in Milwaukee. While looking at the table in the front of the store (double yellow stickers at 50% off) an employee came up to me and said "I can give you everything on this table for $100". I only saw 1 item I wanted (Halo 3 guide) but he seemed totally serious, like they wanted to move it all asap.

I didn't see anything pressing but I did see: Vinyl Ninja Wall Scrolls, Family Guy DVD Trivia Games, a stack of Halo 3 guides, some PS3 racing games, a few sub $20 Xbox 360 games, and a few others.

If your in the area, drop by and ask about it. Might be good trade fodder. I should have got the employees name but he was a black man and if they were to ask, I was a 6'8" white guy (slightly balding) wearing a green & white pinstripe polo and black shorts. I was in there around 4pm.

[quote name='JMEPO']Gamestop has a sale going on with a free block of cheese with every game purchased over 10 bucks.[/quote]

are you for real? where was this in wisconsin?

[quote name='ryanflucas']This is a super huge YMMV.

I went to the Northridge Best Buy this afternoon in Milwaukee. While looking at the table in the front of the store (double yellow stickers at 50% off) an employee came up to me and said "I can give you everything on this table for $100". I only saw 1 item I wanted (Halo 3 guide) but he seemed totally serious, like they wanted to move it all asap.

I didn't see anything pressing but I did see: Vinyl Ninja Wall Scrolls, Family Guy DVD Trivia Games, a stack of Halo 3 guides, some PS3 racing games, a few sub $20 Xbox 360 games, and a few others.

If your in the area, drop by and ask about it. Might be good trade fodder. I should have got the employees name but he was a black man and if they were to ask, I was a 6'8" white guy (slightly balding) wearing a green & white pinstripe polo and black shorts. I was in there around 4pm.[/QUOTE]Was it that big table between the CD's and PC games? Did they have anything else worth even looking at though, like actual good stuff?

[quote name='HatchbackMustang']Was it that big table between the CD's and PC games? Did they have anything else worth even looking at though, like actual good stuff?[/quote]

I frequent that store also because I live around the NW side and there is really nothing good on that table and it was the table you mentioned.

If your into the penny guides they have some nintendo brand pokemon revolution guides and a bunch of Dark Sector guides.

I was at the Toys r Us in Appleton (by the Fox River Mall) yesterday, and they are offering a free Brett Favre McFarlane figure (they told me it was the 2008 Wave 1 figure) if you pre-order Madden 09 on any system. Good deal if you aren't too pissed about this whole Favre/Packers situation.

Speaking of Toys R Us, I was at the Green Bay one today. They still have, among other games, for $8 after 20% discount:

~1 Geometry Wars DS
~2 Contra 4 DS
~3 Master of Illusion DS
~4 Zack & Wiki (Wii)
~1 Dancing w/the Stars (w/dance pad) (PS2)

I didn't see much for the Wii other than Splinter Cell.

They have the annoying habit of leaving the display cases in the glass case, making you think there are more titles than there are.

[quote name='psunami']I didn't see much for the Wii other than Splinter Cell.

They have the annoying habit of leaving the display cases in the glass case, making you think there are more titles than there are.[/QUOTE]

It's less to do with an "annoying habit", and more to do with general laziness. They have some winners working there, let me tell you. Wow.

has anyone in wi seen any of these kmart entertainment guides? i looked at the kmart on hwy 100 near burleigh on wed and didnt see any. i'm trying to get the $10 off coupon for resistance so i can get it for $20.

[quote name='sigmano9']has anyone in wi seen any of these kmart entertainment guides? i looked at the kmart on hwy 100 near burleigh on wed and didnt see any. i'm trying to get the $10 off coupon for resistance so i can get it for $20.[/quote]

I think your more likely to find elderly people passed away in the Burleigh store than anything you might be looking for.

You may want to check out the one in Brookfield on Bluemound Rd. they may have what your looking for.

Any deals in the Madison area on wireless PS2 controllers? I just saw that those psyclone tilt controllers (at least some) are wireless. Anybody seen those lately??

Thanks in advance.

No idea about Madison area. The Psyclone Tiltsense controllers were at Green Bay Goodwill a while back (near Christmas?) for ~$4. I ended up returning it because it took AAA batteries.

Haven't been looking for PS2 controllers, but Shopko seems to have out of date stuff quite a lot.

Anywhere on the west side of Madison to pick up a complete SSBB for Wii below, say, $30/35?

Thanks!

I've never seen anything fabulous as far as clearance games down there. I think most 360 games were about $20 when they went on clearance--can probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

However, when Shopko holds their clearances, it's a great time to go there. Weeks after the sale started up, I was able to get there and grab my top games, and there were multiple copies remaining.

Edit-wow, I just realized how confusing my post must have been. I thought you asked about Wal-Mart clearance. Silly me, but as you might have ascertained, the Shopko clearance is picked over as of right now. The 360 games are Blitz and some other not good games for $20. The DS has movie tie in games (not sure off the top of my head which ones) for $10

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone in milwaukee, i went to the toys r us in green bay today and all clearance games were gone. they told me they shipped them down to the toys r us in milwaukee.

East Madison Wal-Mart dropped the price on their Wii Points cards / classic controller glove combos, down to $10 now. There were about 10 left on Saturday after I picked up a few.

2 Wiis at the Kmart on South 27th St. if anyone is interested........sitting all lonely at the bottom of the case.

If anybody in Madison sees a MGS4 PS3 pack, I'd appreciate a PM or a message here. I realize this ship has probably sailed, but if I see one before 9/7, I'm grabbing it. Otherwise, hello 360.

[quote name='ma']If anybody in Madison sees a MGS4 PS3 pack, I'd appreciate a PM or a message here. I realize this ship has probably sailed, but if I see one before 9/7, I'm grabbing it. Otherwise, hello 360.[/QUOTE]

Never mind, on-line locator FTW.

Picked up 4 of those point cards at Walmart in Madison for $10. Nice to get more cheap Wii points.

They had classic controllers there as well, I didn't check on the price for them, but $10 would be a pretty good deal for those as well.

[quote name='psunami']Picked up 4 of those point cards at Walmart in Madison for $10. Nice to get more cheap Wii points.

They had classic controllers there as well, I didn't check on the price for them, but $10 would be a pretty good deal for those as well.[/quote]

Were there any left? I was planning on stopping by after school. (I'm assuming you're talking about the East side one)

bread's done
Back