Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

I was just at the Big Lots in West Allis (the one at the corner of Highway 100 and Oklahoma Ave.) - they had Guitar Hero III PS2 bundles for $50. Didn't look too close at it, but I believe they had about 8 - 10 left or so.

FYI for La Crosse/Onalaska:

Kohl's has some good, albeit limited, clearance right now. I picked up Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (DS) for $8. There were some $10 Wii and PS2 games there as well.

Target clearance has sucked this whole month, so I wouldn't bother there. What happened to their sweet clearance endcaps?

Toys R Us has a handful of $10 PS2 games (ex. DDR Supernova 2 for $10).

GameStop in the mall has Tokobot Plus (PS2) brand new in stock right now for $10. :shock: As usual, they still have crap for used game selection.

Anybody live on the south side of La Crosse? Anything good over there at ShopKo, Kmart, or Walmart??

La Crosse/Onalaska

The KMart is pretty much always terrible. I live about a minute or two away from it and stop in every now and then; the only game I've ever bought there was Guitar Hero 3 w/ Guitar. Every store was sold out, but Kmart actually had a stack, still.

The South Side Walmart is pretty much the same as every Walmart in the area. They're a number of cents cheaper on games and the like, but it's rare that they actually have a good deal.

I've gotten lucky in the past with the Shopko, every now and then you can find a decent deal on a clearance game. I haven't been down there in a couple of weeks, I'll try to check them out in the next couple of days.

I don't know if this is valid at all Pawn Americas, or just the one in Onalaska, but, they're currently at 35% off everything in the store. All DVDs are also just $2.99.

I picked up a 40GB PS3 for only $220, so not a bad deal if you don't mind used items...

(And it came with an HDMI cable, so that was another $50 saved, but that was just a lucky find; the guy left it in the box...)

[quote name='Chambered']I don't know if this is valid at all Pawn Americas, or just the one in Onalaska, but, they're currently at 35% off everything in the store. All DVDs are also just $2.99.

I picked up a 40GB PS3 for only $220, so not a bad deal if you don't mind used items...

(And it came with an HDMI cable, so that was another $50 saved, but that was just a lucky find; the guy left it in the box...)[/quote]

Score! Good work. I'm guessing since its not posted anywhere else, this is YMMV. But regardless, nice score.

Found Shining Force Exa (PS2) at ShopKo, Onalaska for $3.99. It was marked as $9.99 but rang up cheaper. It was on the shelf of "clearance" (not always true) items in the game section. Haven't tried with any other games, but it's possible more games might ring up cheaper. Even without extra discount, there were some okay prices there (incl. DS: $20 Magical Starsign, Lost in Blue).

WOW... no activity since last year...

was hoping to find someone commenting on the CC liquidation in Madison, WI.

[quote name='sunbound']WOW... no activity since last year...

was hoping to find someone commenting on the CC liquidation in Madison, WI.[/quote]

Yeah either the WI CAG are getting tight lipped or there just is nothing to get excited about. As far as CC is concerned around me they are still at 10% off store wide with few exceptions on certain items :roll:

[quote name='sunbound']WOW... no activity since last year...

was hoping to find someone commenting on the CC liquidation in Madison, WI.[/QUOTE]

I was in the east side CC in Madison on Wednesday, nothing too special looking. Not sure if things were just slow moving there. I'm checking the one on the west side today.

[quote name='jackos1']The two cc stores around Milwaukee only had 10% off everything, needless to say the stores are still fully stocked.[/quote]

Your talking about the S. 76th St one and brookfield locations?

Yeah, the one over here on the east side, nothing changed. they got more stuff in though. I snagged the CE for fallout 3 for $54.

Its sad cause thats the store i waited in line at to get my 360....

memories... :-({|=

Anyone know if the CC on 76th or Brookfield has the ms point/live cards for cheap? They were all 10% when I went last week, but people are saying they are really cheaper than that, can anyone confirm?

[quote name='Derrick1979']Your talking about the S. 76th St one and brookfield locations?[/quote]

yes, cds/dvds/bluray were 20% off. Everything else games/laptops/stereos/tvs etc was all 10%. I was hoping to pick up some live points but at only 10% off it's not much of a deal, i went there on Thursday 1/22.

[quote name='jackos1']yes, cds/dvds/bluray were 20% off. Everything else games/laptops/stereos/tvs etc was all 10%. I was hoping to pick up some live points but at only 10% off it's not much of a deal, i went there on Thursday 1/22.[/quote]

Ahh well you saved me some gas thanks for the update.

[quote name='muffinmcmuffin']I was in the east side CC in Madison on Wednesday, nothing too special looking. Not sure if things were just slow moving there. I'm checking the one on the west side today.[/quote]
I stopped in on Thursday. I agree, nothing special.
I hate it when store's put clearance games in bins. They have two bins with games as low as $4.99, but it'd probably take someone a good 1/2 hour to thoroughly dig through both of them. Not worth it though. I doubt there's anything of value in there.
I give up on CC. Like I've read elsewhere, there probably won't be any good deals until the last few weeks, and by then everything will probably be gone.

[quote name='VGMaster75']Like I've read elsewhere, there probably won't be any good deals until the last few weeks, and by then everything will probably be gone.[/QUOTE]

That about sums it up.

It's a sad time for Madison gamers. CC was the place to get cheap games. Over the years I picked up probably 100 or so $16.96 (or less) clearance games. I'll miss that monthly CC clearance list here at CAG.

[quote name='WiiNet']How are Preplayed (West) deals on TV on DVD? I've never been there...[/QUOTE]

They're OK. It seems the big box stores (Target, Walmart and Best Buy specifically) have been blowing out TV season DVD sets like crazy recently.

Even so, I've picked up quite a few used sets at PrePlayed (West) over the years. Mainly the Adult Swim shows which are usually cheaper than buying them new. Stuff like Simpsons or Family Guy are way overpriced at PrePlayed IMO (usually $29.99 per season). You're better off waiting for sales at the big box stores (and they're new).

Any of you guys buying the cheapo 75% off (85%w/edge) gameboy original & color games from Gamestop? I've drove out to almost all the stores in the Milwaukee metro area and bought a few stores out that had low stock. I know that the Gamestop by the intersection of Pt. Washington Rd & Brown Deer Rd (Bayside) still has 2 pages worth. Mostly kiddie\Disney games though.

I have rental property up in Sheboygan I manage so I may drop by the Sheboygan & Sheboygan Falls locations and see if they have anything.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Any of you guys buying the cheapo 75% off (85%w/edge) gameboy original & color games from Gamestop? I've drove out to almost all the stores in the Milwaukee metro area and bought a few stores out that had low stock. I know that the Gamestop by the intersection of Pt. Washington Rd & Brown Deer Rd (Bayside) still has 2 pages worth. Mostly kiddie\Disney games though.

I have rental property up in Sheboygan I manage so I may drop by the Sheboygan & Sheboygan Falls locations and see if they have anything.[/quote]

you might want to try the sheboygan area. i stopped there a few months ago and picked up Blu Rays for cheap and did take a look at the GB Games.

On another note EAst Town mall green bay radioshack has gtaIV (360) for 11.97 and ninja gaiden (360) for 14.97

[quote name='heybtbm']That about sums it up.

It's a sad time for Madison gamers. CC was the place to get cheap games. Over the years I picked up probably 100 or so $16.96 (or less) clearance games. I'll miss that monthly CC clearance list here at CAG.[/quote]

i agree. cc was the best place for deals. best buy was across from our CC and i'd usually check prices there and price match at CC.

The best deal that I had seen at circuit city liquidation was a friend got the orange box for $20. He has crazy luck with stuff like that. Like 5 or 6 years ago he found symphony of the night for $10 at a Fleet Farm.

Toys'R'Us in Onalaska / La Crosse area has the Orange Box on PS3 at $10 right now. I'm going down there tomorrow with a couple of $5 gift cards to pick one up...

[quote name='kingcrono1']The best deal that I had seen at circuit city liquidation was a friend got the orange box for $20. He has crazy luck with stuff like that. Like 5 or 6 years ago he found symphony of the night for $10 at a Fleet Farm.[/quote]

Orange box should be universal at 19.99. not sure if that's a good deal, but it's a great game at that price anyhow. TRU is you're lucky, you can find it for 9.xx.

[quote name='kingcrono1']The best deal that I had seen at circuit city liquidation was a friend got the orange box for $20. He has crazy luck with stuff like that. Like 5 or 6 years ago he found symphony of the night for $10 at a Fleet Farm.[/QUOTE]

During the fall of 2004, I found 5 copies of Symphony of the Night (Greatest Hits) at Blockbuster in Oshkosh. They were all marked $10. I already had a copy for myself so I passed. Just think of how much those would've gone for on ebay a year to two later...ugh.

Stopped by the east side, madison store. Percentage jumped a little

A few things where still 10%, like laptops
Games had jumped to 20%
game accessories up to 30%
tv's where 20% (i think)
dvd/cd's/etc where 25% (i think)

on saturday shopko in west bend had 3 copies of ninja gaiden sigma for $20 if anybody is interested. its on the shelf that is two ailse to the left of the video game section on the north end. they have a bunch of other clearance games there too but i dont remember what they were.

[quote name='sigmano9']on saturday shopko in west bend had 3 copies of ninja gaiden sigma for $20 if anybody is interested. its on the shelf that is two ailse to the left of the video game section on the north end. they have a bunch of other clearance games there too but i dont remember what they were.[/quote]

Should be a good CAG and compile a small list,some of us may be interested in something and would be very gratefull

any of you guys in SE WI... just wondering how the Circuit Cities are doing with their discounts right now.... stopping by one of them friday no matter what...

[quote name='dkreegz515']any of you guys in SE WI... just wondering how the Circuit Cities are doing with their discounts right now.... stopping by one of them friday no matter what...[/quote]

I think we're stopping Saturday, woudl be nice if they had 30% off games or something.

The store was pretty sad anyways... so doesn't surprise me if they don't have anything.

[quote name='dkreegz515']any of you guys in SE WI... just wondering how the Circuit Cities are doing with their discounts right now.... stopping by one of them friday no matter what...[/quote]

CC in Brookfield today had games at 30% off, strategy guides were 40% off, LCD tvs were 20% and Plasmas were 25% off.

[quote name='Mid Boss']CC in Brookfield today had games at 30% off, strategy guides were 40% off, LCD tvs were 20% and Plasmas were 25% off.[/quote]

What about Blu Rays? Are they more then 25% now?

[quote name='Derrick1979']Should be a good CAG and compile a small list,some of us may be interested in something and would be very gratefull[/QUOTE]

next time i'm up there i'll take notes

[quote name='DukeSoccer']What about Blu Rays? Are they more then 25% now?[/quote]

30% from what I saw. I was mainly checking out the TVs so I couldn't tell you if there was anything decent or not though.

stopped by both circuit city's today in southeastern wi (76th & bluemound) 40% off all games, and 30% off accessories. Tv's 20-25%. Store on bluemound still fully stocked with items. Also anyone know what stores have mario kart wii instock can't find one anywhere...

Thanks guys for the percentages, but what games are available? (I posted some notes on the inventory for the GB store in the main CC liquidation thread after I went last weekend.)

I'm going to be in Southeast WI this weekend, and I'd love to find a copy of Uncharted (since Sony refuses to drop the price) or an extra Dual Shock 3 at one of the CCs.

So is everyone not reporting the West side CC because it sucks so bad ? :p

I'm not hopefull that they will have alot... they always sucked.

[quote name='xycury']So is everyone not reporting the West side CC because it sucks so bad ? :p

I'm not hopefull that they will have alot... they always sucked.[/quote]

Not reporting because I'm not bothering to go. I remember the CompUSA liquidation. That sucked.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Thanks guys for the percentages, but what games are available? (I posted some notes on the inventory for the GB store in the main CC liquidation thread after I went last weekend.)

I'm going to be in Southeast WI this weekend, and I'd love to find a copy of Uncharted (since Sony refuses to drop the price) or an extra Dual Shock 3 at one of the CCs.[/QUOTE]

just to give ya the heads up, a couple weeks ago i was at the southridge circuit city in milw. and they were all out of dualshock 3

Ok, so I posted this in the main thread but just thought that I might add it here.
In the LaCrosse Walmart (i.e. southside) the area that must have used to contain the EA Sports games was filled with $10 games. The only ones I remember were:

Zack & Wiki (Wii)
Teenage Zombies (DS)
Ape Escape 3 (PS2)

I don't visit that Walmart often, so I'm not sure how long things will last.
BTW, I saw these things Feb 11th.

Green bay CC was a bust today. most games were gone, only the crappiest titles left at 40%, but still not worth it at all. West side target did have mercs 2 (PS3) for 9.98. i'd say about like 5 copies left.

Dont bother with Kmart @ East Town Mall, game selection was horrible. GB games has prices on games [for those who dont know] that are about 3-5 dollars cheaper than Amazon on shipped games. Recently picked up Lenneth & Radiant Dawn there for 18.99 each.

Preplayed also has some okay stuff, I think I saw FE there for 28.99? Not too bad, didn't pick it up though.

Blockbuster East has Super Mario Galaxy (3 copies last time I checked) for 25 each if anyone wants them, very bad PS2 selection though. And Hollywood Video's bargain bin (The one by where the old best buy is, and where linen's & things was) had a lot of 3.99 PS2/GC/Xbox games. I got Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, MP: Echoes, Kirbys Air Ride and a few others there.

Hmm anything else I can think of? Nope :)

[quote name='aeri']Dont bother with Kmart @ East Town Mall, game selection was horrible. GB games has prices on games [for those who dont know] that are about 3-5 dollars cheaper than Amazon on shipped games. Recently picked up Lenneth & Radiant Dawn there for 18.99 each.

Preplayed also has some okay stuff, I think I saw FE there for 28.99? Not too bad, didn't pick it up though.

Blockbuster East has Super Mario Galaxy (3 copies last time I checked) for 25 each if anyone wants them, very bad PS2 selection though. And Hollywood Video's bargain bin (The one by where the old best buy is, and where linen's & things was) had a lot of 3.99 PS2/GC/Xbox games. I got Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, MP: Echoes, Kirbys Air Ride and a few others there.

Hmm anything else I can think of? Nope :)[/quote]

hey aeri, are you referring to green bay? if so, i'll have to check out blockbuster eastside. thanks.

[quote name='deletion']hey aeri, are you referring to green bay? if so, i'll have to check out blockbuster eastside. thanks.[/quote]

Yup! I am. That was 2 weeks ago last time I checked, but I don't see them going out anytime soon.

just scored 8 gameboy players for the cube for 17 each,, and i thought they wouldn't have anything,, it's funny what stores find in their back rooms when they're shutting down

[quote name='rayzer369']just scored 8 gameboy players for the cube for 17 each,, and i thought they wouldn't have anything,, it's funny what stores find in their back rooms when they're shutting down[/quote]

Was that all of them?

bread's done
Back