Wolfenstein (360/PS3) $12.59/$17.42 at Amazon

ps3 hmmm should i use my $10 credit from teh FFXIII preorder on this.. or try to wait a lil longer... i get free shipping with prime anyways.. tempting

I borrowed this game from the library at my university 2 weeks ago, and I agree with the general consensus that its worth it in the $12-$18 range. My only problem is that I ran into a glitch on the next to last level of the campaign where I couldn't fire my guns. as you can imagine, this presents a problem in a FPS. Reloading my last save didn't fix it, restarting didn't fix it, starting a new campaign didn't fix it. To have such a bug persist however long its been since its been released is inexcusable IMO.

Well, that sucks. I ordered Wolfenstein and Blazblu 2 days ago at $16 and $23 now they are $13 and $20. Is there a way to get credit or should I just return and reorder?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it would cost me postage to return each item individually as they don't offer a return lable nor do they give credit (Like just about every other retailer does) when they drop the price 24hours later. Guess I just should have been more patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
The price on the 360 version just went up to $13.53. Maybe I should grab this before it goes up any more.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Well, that sucks. I ordered Wolfenstein and Blazblu 2 days ago at $16 and $23 now they are $13 and $20. Is there a way to get credit or should I just return and reorder?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it would cost me postage to return each item individually as they don't offer a return lable nor do they give credit (Like just about every other retailer does) when they drop the price 24hours later. Guess I just should have been more patient.[/QUOTE]

if you havent recieved the package just tell them you will refuse the deliver and reorder. remind them that costs them money. Ive never had an issue going that route.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Well, that sucks. I ordered Wolfenstein and Blazblu 2 days ago at $16 and $23 now they are $13 and $20. Is there a way to get credit or should I just return and reorder?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it would cost me postage to return each item individually as they don't offer a return lable nor do they give credit (Like just about every other retailer does) when they drop the price 24hours later. Guess I just should have been more patient.[/QUOTE]

Try Emailing them and complaining about the lower price, good chance they may change the price to the lower one, especially if it hasnt shipped yet....

I bought Blazblue last week @ $30, and when it hit $23 Amazon game me an automatic $7 promotion on my next order which I just used toward a stack of Blu Rays. Just call them and they will do something for you.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Try Emailing them and complaining about the lower price, good chance they may change the price to the lower one, especially if it hasnt shipped yet....[/QUOTE]

Did what you said. This is the response I recieved.

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Standard Edition and Wolfenstein you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on March 26 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

If you decided to return the items and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit www.amazon.com/returns for details.

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Mohamed I.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

I ordered yesterday for $13.04 at 4:30 CST and the game arrived today sometime after noon. Signed up for the free amazon prime trial and it arrived NEXT DAY? No packing slip, but thats really a non-issue. Does anyone know if a game is set to be released 4/27, when a Prime member can expect to have it at their doorstep? I want to be tossing rose taunting as soon as possible next month...

[quote name='vrblknch']I ordered yesterday for $13.04 at 4:30 CST and the game arrived today sometime after noon. Signed up for the free amazon prime trial and it arrived NEXT DAY? No packing slip, but thats really a non-issue. Does anyone know if a game is set to be released 4/27, when a Prime member can expect to have it at their doorstep? I want to be tossing rose taunting as soon as possible next month...[/QUOTE]

You get release date delivery for several preorders. I got JC2 the same day it hit stores.

[quote name='vrblknch']I ordered yesterday for $13.04 at 4:30 CST and the game arrived today sometime after noon. Signed up for the free amazon prime trial and it arrived NEXT DAY? No packing slip, but thats really a non-issue. Does anyone know if a game is set to be released 4/27, when a Prime member can expect to have it at their doorstep? I want to be tossing rose taunting as soon as possible next month...[/QUOTE]
Same here, I ordered yesterday and it arrived today. I love Prime.

In the year I have had prime, they have not missed a street date,
whether they were offering release day delivery or not.
Any orders placed before 4-or-so, seem to arrive the following day without fail.

As useful as it is to be thrifty, Amazon/Prime has become the measuring stick,
as long as the price is within striking distance, of course.

Thanks for all the info guys. I was already a raving fan before the Optimus trial. I may even consider going full steam with the thing if SSFIV comes on the day of!

[quote name='meatwad3000']damn no PC version included in this deal :/[/QUOTE]

I won't buy a Wolfenstein game for a console and based on the reviews/demo, I'd not even consider the game before it hit $20.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I won't buy a Wolfenstein game for a console and based on the reviews/demo, I'd not even consider the game before it hit $20.[/QUOTE]

Considering this game was developed by Raven Software, whom has a long history with id. They are no stranger to consoles, it was a fun game. I enjoyed it despite it being cheesy at times and bit too easy for "Uber" mode.

I picked it up for the 360. it's been on my list of games to get sometime at the right price. Arrived today with Prime.

call. ALWAYS better service on the phone with them.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Did what you said. This is the response I recieved.

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Standard Edition and Wolfenstein you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped on March 26 was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

If you decided to return the items and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit www.amazon.com/returns for details.

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Mohamed I.
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vikingvessel']As useful as it is to be thrifty, Amazon/Prime has become the measuring stick,
as long as the price is within striking distance, of course.[/QUOTE]

I have to consider this since my 3-month free trial of Prime just ended yesterday. :cry:

It really is nice when you don't have to go looking for filler.

[quote name='paz9x']call. ALWAYS better service on the phone with them.[/QUOTE]

Your probably right considering they are more on the spot than an email....

An email did work for me last time, but it hadn't shipped yet....

Xbox 360 version is down to 12.50 and it looks like the pc version is finally getting some love at 33 bucks.....

I just got done getting all the online trophies for this. BEWARE: There are little to no people playing online at any given time.

If your connection isn't good enough, you can not make a room and host a match.

Just keep that in mind when plunking your money on this. Buy it for the single player and you'll be fine, buying it for multi-player is going to leave you frustrated looking for people to play with/against. Not that anyone should buy if for multi-player - it is honestly bland and insipid.

[quote name='Virsago']It went back up...

:360: $21.99

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Aaarrugh, waited too long. PS3 version went up too, to $47 :cold:

I snagged a copy while it was still $12. Thanks OP. I also got Mirror's Edge for $9. Just letting you know in case anybody is interested in getting that as well.

[quote name='KneeKnee']I just got done getting all the online trophies for this. BEWARE: There are little to no people playing online at any given time.

If your connection isn't good enough, you can not make a room and host a match.

Just keep that in mind when plunking your money on this. Buy it for the single player and you'll be fine, buying it for multi-player is going to leave you frustrated looking for people to play with/against. Not that anyone should buy if for multi-player - it is honestly bland and insipid.[/QUOTE]
that's why i hate online trophies... i don't hate hate them (don't need to have all), but they're preventing you from unlocking the Platinum :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back