Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shirt Punch has really improved as far as shipping goes. My last two shirts only took about two weeks to get here. This is so much nicer than having to wait at least a month.

That's good news. I ordered and Avengers shirt from them shortly after the movie came out, and it was at least 6 weeks before I got it.

[quote name='Strell']io confirmed for caring about his son's well being at school, what a dork.[/QUOTE]

Well, it was more so that I didn't have to deal with a phone call from the school saying he was being sent home for wearing something inappropriate - so, really, it's all for selfish reasons ;).

But I might still get him one - he doesn't have to wear it at school.

The Yetee has one today
http://theyetee.com/
1_DETAIL.jpg

[quote name='Strell']Shirtpunch today mashes up two of my favorite things:

September14main2_a17.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hate that movie. Last time I saw it when I was a kid I had a high grade fever and was on a delerious fever trip or something, thought the characters were going to come out and get me. Same thing with Bill Murrays "What about Bob". And Dead Space Extraction, made me horrible motion sick when I was already sick. Doubt I'll ever play a rail shooter again, want to puke thinking about it

6DollarShirts has a sale going on now: any 10 shirts for $50. No free shipping, though-- that's only for their featured shirt, so the total ends up being $50 + $16.54 = $66.54.

Still not a bad deal anyway, at roughly $6.65 per shirt. Their selection isn't huge, but if you can find a few shirts you want and a few more that you kinda want, you can quickly expand your wardrobe for cheap.

[quote name='Josh1billion']6DollarShirts has a sale going on now: any 10 shirts for $50. No free shipping, though-- that's only for their featured shirt, so the total ends up being $50 + $16.54 = $66.54.

Still not a bad deal anyway, at roughly $6.65 per shirt. Their selection isn't huge, but if you can find a few shirts you want and a few more that you kinda want, you can quickly expand your wardrobe for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Not a knock, but I think that may be a regular deal. I bought 10 a while back and have trouble finding another 10 I want. Larger prints look pretty cheap too, not that I expect much for $6, but someone else might.

[quote name='kixalot']TeeFury today.
http://www.teefury.com/
1345140881_TFX2-0816_131253.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Man, how did I miss this? :cry:

[quote name='Josh1billion']6DollarShirts has a sale going on now: any 10 shirts for $50. No free shipping, though-- that's only for their featured shirt, so the total ends up being $50 + $16.54 = $66.54.

Still not a bad deal anyway, at roughly $6.65 per shirt. Their selection isn't huge, but if you can find a few shirts you want and a few more that you kinda want, you can quickly expand your wardrobe for cheap.[/QUOTE]

How is the quality on 6dollarshirts? Does it run small (should i get a size larger)?

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Not a knock, but I think that may be a regular deal. I bought 10 a while back and have trouble finding another 10 I want. Larger prints look pretty cheap too, not that I expect much for $6, but someone else might.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, you are probably right. My mistake.

[quote name='Roll']How is the quality on 6dollarshirts? Does it run small (should i get a size larger)?[/QUOTE]
I've only purchased just one shirt from them previously (the Mario / bullet bill one), so my experience with them is limited, but for that one the quality was alright.

The design hasn't faded yet after a few washes or anything, unlike some more expensive graphic t-shirts I've bought online, so that's good. The size runs about right, maybe a little big if anything, and it hasn't shrunk enough for me to notice. The fabric is reasonably comfortable; while it's obviously not going to be one of the more comfortable shirts you'd own, it's definitely much more comfortable than many other generic CafePress style graphic t-shirts. All in all, I'd say it's a very good value for $6.

Only downside is that their shipping times can be slow. It took two weeks for them to ship my one shirt, and so I didn't receive it until nearly three weeks after I placed the order. Suppose that's to be expected when the price is only $6, but I figure it's worth mentioning anyway.

Whew, I'm glad that today there were no other shirts I felt like I needed (although that Flynn/Top Gun one is tempting me...) I bit on yesterday's Teefury with the Indiana Jones one. *le sigh* I really wish I had remained clueless to these sites. :p

[quote name='ZombieToast']Is anyone else tired of shirts either parodying the first level of Donkey Kong or the "It's dangerous to go alone" scene from Legend of Zelda?[/QUOTE]

I've never been a big fan of the Donkey Kong ones, but yes, the Zelda ones are way overdone.

[quote name='elessar123']I've never been a big fan of the Donkey Kong ones, but yes, the Zelda ones are way overdone.[/QUOTE]

Same, the Zelda ones need to stop. 99% of them aren't even the least bit clever.

Aww, I missed the Adventure Time shirts! Is there anyway to buy the shirt afterwards? I'm only familiar with Woot and I know you can still get the shirts, just at full price.

EDIT: Ok, I see for Qwertee, you can vote to have a shirt back. But I'm not seeing anything for Ript, which blows because I like the Adventure Kong shirt more.

I'm a casual CAG'er that happened across this thread by chance. After scanning it for a bit I am surprised haven't seen anything from this site yet: www.redbubble.com

It's not as cheap as most of the sites I've seen here but the selection is ridiculously huge. I've even seen some of the designs that were 'limited time' shirts on other sites that are still available on redbubble like that SF Calvin and Hobbs parody shirt that was posted here a day or two ago : http://www.redbubble.com/people/winterartwork/works/8838989-tiger
Check out this H.S. Thompson mario mash-up too: http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeangelillo/works/6859548-koopa-country

searching for any well known game franchise and you'll probably be surprised by how much you'll find.

Well, the thing about Redbubble is that because the shirts aren't only available for a limited time, we don't really need to keep tabs on it like all of the shirt-a-day sites. Also, as you've noticed, the shirts are quite a bit more expensive than the limited-time sites, which kinda goes against the typical CAG mentality. And it should be noted that Redbubble uses direct-to-garment printing (instead of screenprinting like most of these sites), which a lot of people don't like because the colors often come out weird...and I personally find the texture unpleasant.

A lot of these shirts are starting to get boring/unorignal.

Half of them seem to be 8bit versions of whatever and the rest are just something as something else, like adventure time as limbo.

[quote name='GhostShark']Adventure Time is slowly becoming the new Doctor Who of these shirt sites.[/QUOTE]

Good. I hate feeling like I'm the only person who's not 40 years old on these sites.

[quote name='whoknows']A lot of these shirts are starting to get boring/unorignal.

Half of them seem to be 8bit versions of whatever and the rest are just something as something else, like adventure time as limbo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember when I used to buy 1-3 shirts a month from them, and now I maybe get one. Outside the Sagat and Ryu done in Calvin and Hobbes style, I haven't picked one up in the past 5 months.

I'm also a big fan of the Nouveau style and you rarely see any of those anymore, either.

[quote name='elessar123']DC x Pokemon:

I like it, but shipping kills it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, missed this.

Did anyone order this in an XL or an L and are willing to sell it or trade something for it? My bad for not checking this thread more often x.x

[quote name='dios']Damn, missed this.

Did anyone order this in an XL or an L and are willing to sell it or trade something for it? My bad for not checking this thread more often x.x[/QUOTE]

The artist has a link to where he sells it on his site/page that the t-shirt site links to. Be warned, you're looking at $25 for it.

Got a link? Id appreciate it man. My fault for not paying more attention.

Edit: nevermind, got it. thanks for the heads up.

Here is one from ShirtPunch today:
FoxMain2_cee.jpg

T-Shirts start at $10 and shipping for tees starts around $2.75. Also sales other shirt styles, hoodies, stickers, posters, and magnets!

I also really like their other design for today, but it is not strictly video-game related, so I've hidden it in this spoiler tag below:
September-25-main1_794.jpg

Hmm - my son might like that Creeper one...

I got my first shirt from one of these places a few days ago. It was the "box of Frys" one from Ript. I got it for my other son who usually wears Adult Medium. The shirt seemed to fit OK except that it is really, really long which I found odd. It also bled like crazy. I washed it by itself in our new washer with the transparent lid and the water was bright teal/aquamarine colored (from the kelly green shirt). I washed it twice just to be safe.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I actually got that Creeper shirt for free about thirty minutes ago. Loved the design, too, so I'm pumped. :3[/QUOTE]

So how did you get it free ?

[quote name='stoned99']So how did you get it free ?[/QUOTE]

I managed to use one of the six free codes that they randomly post during the day. Checked literally right after I finished playing TF2 and one was posted at that time.

bread's done
Back