World's crappiest projector (cuz its for video games) $60 + $5 SH

zas123

CAGiversary!
1 Senario AL-100 Mega Vu Torpedo 6ft Video Projector

http://www.woot.com/

Projects up to a 6 foot image (diagonal)
Project movies and video games on the wall or ceiling
Composite video connection works with DVD players, xBox, Nintendo, Playstation, Digital Cameras, iPod, Computers, and more
Easy to use, point and project
Highly portable torpedo shape
Built-in speaker and amplifier
Adjustable foot that doubles as a handle

I like the last paragraph:

Because, of the three words “World’s Crappiest Projector”, only the last one really matters. Why get all caught up in nitpicking over lumens and contrast ratio and weird visual artifacts? That way lies higher prices. Me, I’m a projector owner now. How many of the other consultants at the shoeshine stand can say that?

As the Gizmondo review linked in the description says, it's pretty blurry and terrible. Though at 60$ I'm sure someone will find it appealing.

Here's a pic showing how crappy the picture is from the gizmodo review.

thumb800x800_2073169214_7e19f40f42_o.jpg

I got a similar one, which has a built in DVD player, from SAM's club a few years ago.
It is called zoombox player, which is marketed as a kid's toy (and the regular price is around 300 at that time).
I paid only $40.
The resolution on these type of things are very low, and brightness is very low too -with all lights off in the middle of night, it is still not light enough, because they uses some 5 dollars light bulb you could find in a homedepo.

Man. I bet you could mod that into the world's crappiest Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device cosplay gun.

And then you could hook up a tiny video source to project out a bluE PORTAL OMFG I MUST HAVE ONE

[quote name='Strell']Man. I bet you could mod that into the world's crappiest Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device cosplay gun.

And then you could hook up a tiny video source to project out a bluE PORTAL OMFG I MUST HAVE ONE[/quote]

I encourage this.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Here's a pic showing how crappy the picture is from the gizmodo review.

thumb800x800_2073169214_7e19f40f42_o.jpg

[/quote]

The review from Gizmodo was so funny:

Games fared no better, looking as pixelated as any video could ever possibly be. And don't think we're just being projector snobs here, even though that's exactly what we are. Going into this review, we realized the low price of this projector, but didn't expect the quality to hit such a low point. The projector even smelled bad, like mildew, and made way more noise than we could bear if we wanted to concentrate on watching a movie or playing a game.

The only upside was the look - otherwise, it's something that's worse than a paperweight since it even smells bad and makes noise.

[quote name='Strell']Man. I bet you could mod that into the world's crappiest Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device cosplay gun.

And then you could hook up a tiny video source to project out a bluE PORTAL OMFG I MUST HAVE ONE[/QUOTE]

Best idea ever.

And then you could hook up a tiny video source to project out a bluE PORTAL OMFG I MUST HAVE ONE[/quote]

Congratulations, you have just found the only way to sell this product.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']LOOKS PERFECT FOR MY KID'S Wii!

Oh yes, I did!
[/quote]
Only if your kids are REALLY blind. Lol

Wow...one wonders what the point of such a device is. I mean if it can't remotely handle SD video...

you just don't get it h3llbring3r!! i'm not buying anything that doesn't say "World's crappiest" in front of it!! EVER!!
you make me sooooo angry!!!! :)

[quote name='zas123']1 Senario AL-100 Mega Vu Torpedo 6ft Video Projector

http://www.woot.com/

Projects up to a 6 foot image (diagonal)
Project movies and video games on the wall or ceiling
Composite video connection works with DVD players, xBox, Nintendo, Playstation, Digital Cameras, iPod, Computers, and more
Easy to use, point and project
Highly portable torpedo shape
Built-in speaker and amplifier
Adjustable foot that doubles as a handle[/QUOTE]

Nope... not even good for games.

And then you could hook up a tiny video source to project out a bluE PORTAL OMFG I MUST HAVE ONE[/QUOTE]
This post made me log in and say: Well done, sir, well done. :applause:

bread's done
Back