Worst B&M Game Retailer 2009

Sears. Stopped there once and they had Ninjabread Man, Tornado, Cotocco Fishing and portable Rock Band drums. Would you like to buy more than one of those items? Didn't think so.

Everytime i walk into that store i hear the following:

1. What up, Bro
2. Hey Dude
3. Looking for anything Brother.

The one time I confronted them and said why are you calling me dude. He responded because I dont know your name. I then told him my name is Shawn. He ended the sale and me leaving by saying. Later Brother. I turned around and was like you know my name, DUDE!

[quote name='greenrocks']I like Gamestop but sometimes I don't because there was couple of times I thought I'd buy brand new, sealed copies and they turned out to be gutted, re-sealed and they won't let me return for refund unless I traded it in for more than half the price I'd paid for which pretty much pissed me off. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

exactly this!!

[quote name='SuperTongue']GameStop. Never went in looking for a deal, and when I did go in (to pick up a game Amazon didn't get it on time), I was practically harassed to preorder it for the next day (as they didn't get it either).

But mainly because it was the only retailer I've never actually wanted to go into.[/QUOTE]

agree :bomb:

Nothing wrong with the Gamestop. Have you ever heard of B2G1 free? Saves $70-$90 easily every time. And rude employees? What are you taking about? You don't need them to be your friend. You need them to stick the disc in the plastic case and somehow get the fucking Edge card system to find your name.

It's not a deal if you need the latest game right away, but it's clearly not the worst B&M.

I give GameCrazy the worst since they went out of business and this will probably be the last year we get to vote on them.

Gamestop takes this easy IMO

Went to trade in a Wii for my brother's best friend, guy approached me like I just stole it
He was saying nothing was working and questioning if it was stolen...

WE HAD BOUGHT IT FROM THE SAME STORE AND GUY A FEW DAYS EARLIER

fuck YOU GAMESTOP

EBGames.com / Gamestop.com - how can they open a game, take out the disc, put the box, artwork, and instruction manual on the shelf for anyone to touch/steal/bend/write-on/sneeze-on/etc. and then still sell it as NEW?!

GameStop didn't seem to have any good deals for purchase this season, aside from a periodic 20 or 30% off game coupon - especially around Christmas... it was all trade deals

Kmart is where hopes and dreams go to die. I don't understand why TRU is nominated, that place had some fantastic deals this year and all the employees have been nothing but nice to me in the past (if not extremely overworked which is not their fault.)

Gamestop, not enough deals in 2009.
Not enough B2G1 free sales either, in fact I am ready to buy when the next one rolls around!

K-Mart.

[quote name='abhinav']Kmart is where hopes and dreams go to die. I don't understand why TRU is nominated, that place had some fantastic deals this year and all the employees have been nothing but nice to me in the past (if not extremely overworked which is not their fault.)[/QUOTE]
exactly, I just got a 360 w/ a free $50 gift card from TRU, and the employees were awesome...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard not to hate the evil empire that is GameStop. Just the fact they pay you $25 for a 3 week old game and put it on the shelf for $5 under new makes me feel dirty.

Sounds like a lot of you have never walked into a Sears -- they never discount anything. I've also seen prices higher than the MSRP ...

I hate Gamestop as much as the next guy, but Game Crazy really bugged me last year. They only had one location anywhere near me, but they claimed they were a Game Zone and not Game Crazy (despite all of the signs, promo literature, etc. to the contrary).

Thus, I couldn't get any deals there at all. Screw them all to hell!

Stupid Gamecrazys around me all shut down. Left me with their stupid MVP card I won't use... Damn you Gamecrazy!

Even though I only actually find stuff from the Kmart and Sears clearance lists once in a very blue moon, I don't even consider FYE. They don't do ANYTHING, so they get my vote. Also their used prices on everything are laughable.

Gamestop FTL. Not many deals on new games, weak Black Friday, decent trade ins at times with coupons & limited offers, & it seems like they are just getting ridiculous with all those stickers on used games. They even put those damn stickers on the spine now. Pretty soon you won't even be able to see the cover at all. All to remind you of where you bought it from every time you look at it. That kind of marketing makes me just wait it out for deals on new.

[quote name='fizzywix']Can't see why GameStop should be getting this "award". Sure, they have reasons to be disliked, but they are far from the WORST B&M retailer.

My vote goes to Kmart, who, despite having electronics in their weekly ad, rarely EVER have a decent video game deal.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking K-Mart, but I went with Sears. I don't think I've ever even heard of a deal at that place. I can only imagine they are still in business because of Craftsman.

just because gamestop isn't good (and commonly used) dont forget that FYE is just horrible 30 dollar games for 60 are a constant, and no real deals ever. If you only shop at gamestop during deals there not so bad. :D worst imho FYE

K-Mart. Can't remember any deals from them this year and they have plenty of Xbox360 games released in 2006/2007 still sitting at $59.99. Way behind the times, I have no idea how they're a relevant chain today.

[quote name='Pojomofo']only one retailer lets employee's take new games home, and the sells them as new.
F U Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Don't know why everyone is picking on Sears. It's not like anyone would really ever go in there looking for a game. Games are Gamestop's main business and they do a pretty poor job at it most of the time.

[quote name='Killbomb']Exactly. Don't know why everyone is picking on Sears. It's not like anyone would really ever go in there looking for a game. Games are Gamestop's main business and they do a pretty poor job at it most of the time.[/QUOTE]

Well then it depends on your definition of Worst Retailer. If you would never consider going to Sears for games, are they the worst? Or is it only reserved for the places that you would consider, but suck?

I voted Gamestop because after looking at the trade 2 games in and get a newly released game for 20$ I thought they contradicted themselves from "Power to the Players". It is good that their medicore trade in prices compelled other retailers to start a trade in program though.

bread's done
Back