Worst Movies of 2004

Xevious

CAGiversary!
What are the worst movies of 2004?

I never saw Catwoman but from what I have seen, I say the award for the worst film goes to "Chronicles of Riddick". That movie is unbelievably bad. Its an unholy mess.

I like to hear from other CAGs about movies released this year; Which ones did you think sucked?

Ok you guys are on crack or something, Riddick was dope. So was I, Robot

The Life Aquatic looks really gay
Catwoman was stupid
Spanglish was horrible
RE: Apocalypse was extremely over-rated and it also sucked... bad.

The village..my god did that movie suck. The damn monster looked like a caped sonic the hedge hog. I never laughed so hard in my life when I saw that damn "monster". Everytime it would appear my friends and I used to yell "OHH NOOO's It's super sonic!!!!!!". Only crappy movie I've seen this year. Dawn of the Dead best movie i've seen this year, the truck backing up in the parking bay and hiting 4 zombies in a row..classic.

I don't know, because I don't pay money to watch bad films or films I know I won't like. When this year's films have all been on HBO/Showtime etc., then I'll post what I think is the worst film of this year. :)

[quote name='Ps2gameguy']Ok you guys are on crack or something, Riddick was dope. So was I, Robot

Catwoman was stupid
Spanglish was horrible
RE: Apocalypse was extremely over-rated and it also sucked... bad.[/quote]

I don't know what line of work you're in, but it's the wrong one for you. Clearly you should be a movie reviewer..."looks really gay" is astute and insightful.

I'll second White Chicks
Johnson Family Vacation was BAD

I personally enjoyed:
I, ROBOT
Anacondas

Bubba Ho-Tep was average at best to me....

[quote name='PaulEMoz']When this year's films have all been on HBO/Showtime etc., then I'll post what I think is the worst film of this year. :)[/quote]

Stealing cable, are we?

Day after tomarrow (if they had made the movie just an hour long it would have been great, It had great special effects), but the last hour sucked, and the wolves were just the pinnacle of writers running out of ideas

They are in a tie because the story to Catwoman was horrible and the Village just wasn't scary at all.

But the movie that takes the cake as the crapiest of the crapist has to be The Thunderbirds live action remake.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='PaulEMoz']When this year's films have all been on HBO/Showtime etc., then I'll post what I think is the worst film of this year. :)[/quote]

Stealing cable, are we?[/quote]

No. But watching a film on one of those channels is not the same as going and paying $10 per pop at the cinema. It is paying to watch it, sure, but it's nowhere near the same when it's just part of your bill. There are loads of films that I watch on telly that I wouldn't dream of forking out $10 for at the cinema.

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='CapAmerica']
Bubba Ho-Tep
[/quote]

looking worst of THIS year cheif.... not only that... Bubba ho-tep was hilarious.[/quote]

I thought it came out this year. =/ my Bad.
I still think it was awful.
Then again Bruce hyped it up alot when I saw him at a conferences and made it sound like something totaly differnt.

Chronicles of Riddick and The Village are really the only two that truly comes to mind as I haven't seen Catwoman, Alexander,. The Village was just one huge borefest with a horrible plot.

Aliens versus Predator was also pretty bad but not as bad as Riddick and The Village were.

I really liked I,Robot when it came out. It was what Will Smith does best, play Will Smith. The special effects were pretty good, good writing (it kept me captivated so that says something), and some pretty good action. I really don't understand why you guy's keep saying it. It wasn't the best movie ever made but it definitely wasn't the worst ever made nor the worst of 2004.

Wow, alot of COR hate. I liked it. I have to agree with some other posters that The Village was the worst movie this year.

I'm gonna have to go with the Grudge. Sure there were some creepy/scary parts but at the end your just like WTF, definetly a generic and stupid plot.

[quote name='CapAmerica']Catwoman
Chronicles of Riddick
Bubba Ho-Tep
iRobot

thouse are the ones that come to mind right off the bat[/quote]

what? Chronicles of Riddick was tight. A good stupid popcorn movie.

Worst film of the year was Alexander. Hands down. Walked out of the movie half way through. Bored and didn't want to waste any more of my time.

Surviving Christmas
Before Sunset
Envy

Sunset was the most boring thing I have ever watched. X-mas was just plain awful Ben Affleck please retire! Envy was awful, unfunny and easily Ben Stillers worst movie ever.

Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate events....OMG this movie was horrible, yeah Jim Carrey was funny, but he's barely in the movie, the only good thing in the movie was Jim Carrey and he was in the movie for about a total of 30m or less, the rest was crap!!!!!! pure Crapp!!!!

[quote name='cruster'][quote name='Ps2gameguy']Ok you guys are on crack or something, Riddick was dope. So was I, Robot

Catwoman was stupid
Spanglish was horrible
RE: Apocalypse was extremely over-rated and it also sucked... bad.[/quote]

I don't know what line of work you're in, but it's the wrong one for you. Clearly you should be a movie reviewer..."looks really gay" is astute and insightful.[/quote]

"Looks really gay" is a term that just doesn't get enough use by movie critics these days, it's a shame really :roll: .

My votes go to Chronicles of Riddick which was just a mess, all over the place, and Envy...if that was released this year. Envy is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Also saw Meet the Fockers this weekend. Did you know Focker is similar to common curse word? Well if you didn't after seeing the first you will this time.... oops I just gave away half of the films humor, the other half revolves around low brow sex humor. None of the creativity of the first film.

[quote name='buster90']Surviving Christmas
Before Sunset
Envy

Sunset was the most boring thing I have ever watched. X-mas was just plain awful Ben Affleck please retire! Envy was awful, unfunny and easily Ben Stillers worst movie ever.[/quote]

I can't believe I forgot about those three, then again I can, they were just horrible. gotta agree with you on Envy. Just rented it an dit is Stiller's worst movie ever. Probably because Jack Black was in it though.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='buster90']Surviving Christmas
Before Sunset
Envy

Sunset was the most boring thing I have ever watched. X-mas was just plain awful Ben Affleck please retire! Envy was awful, unfunny and easily Ben Stillers worst movie ever.[/quote]

I can't believe I forgot about those three, then again I can, they were just horrible. gotta agree with you on Envy. Just rented it an dit is Stiller's worst movie ever. Probably because Jack Black was in it though.[/quote]

Before Sunset was great!

I didn't see a lot of the movies you guys are mentioning because I can pretty much tell when a movie is gonna be shit. The worst of the ones I saw was probably Dodgeball.

bread's done
Back