WoW + all expansions $15 on Battle.net

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
The base game + all expansions (outside of Mists of Pandaria) is $5

$10 for Mists of Pandaria by itself.

Can't post a link ATM (IE isn't letting me posts links from copy and paste for whatever reasons)

I believe the $5 base comes with 30 days, MOP doesn't if you buy it alone. Not sure if you buy both separately.

Edit 1: StarCraft 2 and StarCraft HoS expansions are $19.99 each as well. Digital deluxe versions are on sale though obviously at higher prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
The base game + all expansions (outside of Mists of Pandaria) is $5

$10 for Mists of Pandaria by itself.

Can't post a link ATM (IE isn't letting me posts links from copy and paste for whatever reasons)

I believe the $5 base comes with 30 days, MOP doesn't if you buy it alone. Not sure if you buy both separately.
IE??? o_O

I shudder to think how long it takes to download the whole thing NOW given years ago it was the (then) largest game I'd ever seen lol.

I'm kind of tempted, but if I can get it for $10 instead...

Oh well, same deal as before, my backlog's too big to get into an MMO

I shudder to think how long it takes to download the whole thing NOW given years ago it was the (then) largest game I'd ever seen lol.

I'm kind of tempted, but if I can get it for $10 instead...

Oh well, same deal as before, my backlog's too big to get into an MMO
It's probably not that, that bad. Probably not any bigger than games like BF3 that are something around 40GB with all the expansions.

Thanks, I might have to grab Heart of the Swarm. I kinda wish the StarCraft Anthology would go on sale too, though. I lost my copies the original and Brood War years ago and I'd like to be able to play them again, but $15 seems a little steep for games that are 15 years old, regardless of how great they are.

So as someone who hasnt played sc2 at all, would now be a good time to pick up the first 2? Or do you think its better to wait for the full trilogy and maybe some pack together?

While I wouldn't recommend playing WoW 'full time/subscribing,' $5 to play through the first few expansions and run dungeons for a month is a pretty good entertainment deal.

While I wouldn't recommend playing WoW 'full time/subscribing,' $5 to play through the first few expansions and run dungeons for a month is a pretty good entertainment deal.
I totally agree with you here. Unfortunately, I'd feel attached to my char and would probably end up subbing. :( I'll have to pass for the sake of my life beyond the desk.

Excellent deal, especially if you have a few other people who want to get in on this(or simply if you already have friends playing). I got MoP as a Christmas gift last year, and resubbed for 2 months to play through the bulk of the content. My raiding guild from Vanilla had long since disbanded, but the questing/story content/LFR was decent enough to keep me hooked for the few months I played MoP.

Mists of Pandara will be $10 at GS and come with a digital copy of the new battlechest which includes all expansions.

What?

MOP will be $10 at Gamestop.

The new battle chest does not come with it. If you buy the MOP, you get a digital 60 day time card.
So... wait... I've been led to believe that it's been a free timecard ever since the ad has been posted, but it's been too low-res to zoom in clearly. I guess it would make more financial sense to be just a DL card for the Battle Chest, but I really hope that it is a timecard.

So... wait... I've been led to believe that it's been a free timecard ever since the ad has been posted, but it's been too low-res to zoom in clearly. I guess it would make more financial sense to be just a DL card for the Battle Chest, but I really hope that it is a timecard.
I think there's a misunderstanding.

http://blackfriday.com/stores/gamestop/flyers/black-friday/page-7

The 60 day Gamecard says "Free with Purchase of Starcraft II or Mists of Pandaria" - Nothing about the battlechest.

HOWEVER - WoW Battlechest by itself DOES come with a free 30 day membership trial. I'm pretty sure they don't stack. It's been like this since the game came out.

I think there's a misunderstanding.

http://blackfriday.com/stores/gamestop/flyers/black-friday/page-7

The 60 day Gamecard says "Free with Purchase of Starcraft II or Mists of Pandaria" - Nothing about the battlechest.

HOWEVER - WoW Battlechest by itself DOES come with a free 30 day membership trial. I'm pretty sure they don't stack. It's been like this since the game came out.
No, what I meant is that everyone has been assuming that the digital code is for a timecard, but it might just be a redemption code for the Battle Chest. It kind of looks like it says 19.99 on the card, which is the MSRP for the Battle Chest. I'd have to go and look at what the cards look like in-store, I can't find anything online. Time cards have traditionally had the picture of that night elf on it since forever, but I know they're using that new blood elf image for a bunch of stuff now.

This is the best image I've seen for that card from the Gamestop ad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0e4anhvsbpf85u/20131122_133243-1.jpg

It clearly says $19.99 on it which is NOT a 60-day time card. This is what the 60-day card looks like: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XNC63XW4L.jpg .

I'm guessing that it's a code for the WoW Battle Chest since it looks a lot like the cards you can buy for the MoP expansion.

This is the best image I've seen for that card from the Gamestop ad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0e4anhvsbpf85u/20131122_133243-1.jpg

It clearly says $19.99 on it which is NOT a 60-day time card. This is what the 60-day card looks like: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XNC63XW4L.jpg .

I'm guessing that it's a code for the WoW Battle Chest since it looks a lot like the cards you can buy for the MoP expansion.
Yep, dammit, that's definitely not a timecard. Man, I was excited about getting back into WoW on the cheap for a little while. The only reason I have to go to GameStop now is for the PS+ then I guess.

On the bright side this might be a decent way to get some of the recruit-a-friend bonuses, a fully upgraded account to MoP for 10 bucks is still pretty good.

...Where the hell did people get that it was a 60 day time card? Now I'm sad. :ziplip:
It originally started as a rumor on WoW Insider where they had an early leak of the Black Friday ad that, when you hovered over the card in the ad, stated that it was a 60-day WoW pre-paid card for $5. Shortly after the ad got changed into saying (when you hovered over it) that it was a 60-day card for buying MoP or SC2. The thing is, the picture in the ad never changed and it was always just what that Black Friday website kept listing when you hovered over the card in the ad.

I'm kind of sad too because even getting a 60-day card for $10 (for buying MoP) would be awesomely cheap so I could get back into WoW for a couple months or have 2 months of game time for when the next expansion drops. Oh well >:

The Gamestop deal is definitely the best if you're new to WoW or trying to get someone into it. $10 for MoP and that digital code for the Battle Chest.

One of the Recruit-A-Friend bonuses is a free month of membership. If you buy up a couple and give them to people (that may possibly buy a month of membership), you will get one month free if they happen to play.

I might consider doing this. I'm a bit devastated about those rumors that shouldn't have existed. I planned grabbing a few and then playing over the summer. :|

Anyone know if the Heart of the Swarm deal at Wal-mart will be online? If I have to go in store, I might as well pick it up at Bnet for $5 more.

I may have to revisit WoW because of this. I'm more interested in the upcoming expansion, Warlords of Draenor, but Mists of Pandaria is of course a required stepping stone to get it. $10 is reasonable to the Panda race, Monk job and Pokemon rip-off minigame (which is about all I got from the Mists expansion).

bread's done
Back