Wreck-It Ralph Blu-Ray Collector's Edition $6.99 when purchased with Disney Infinity figure - Best Buy

Big D.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
EDIT: Apparently it's now $6.99 with the purchase of the figure.

Original post: 

If you go to bestbuy.com and add the Wreck-It Ralph Disney Infinity figure to your shopping cart and then add the Blu-Ray Collector's Edition of the movie to your cart, the movie will be $1.99.

So, you can get the figure and the movie for about $15 total. Thanks to Mostly Human for pointing out that it's about $13.15 with GCU

The movie is normally $29.99 but it's on sale for $16.99 and then there's a $15 off deal when you buy it with the figure, making it $1.99. 

Sorry if already posted. I didn't see it in the Disney Infinity deals thread.

More details here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat318500050044&type=category

Last edited by a moderator:
Toy is hard to find at stores. My stores are always sold out.
No kidding? Last time I was at mine they had a display of them and I had to restrain myself from buying one. I'd never even open it, just like all this other junk I've collected over the years lol.

the Gooseler said:
So these figures are limited in their use? That sucks. Is toy box mode like GTA where you can go on a toonish rampage and engage in side missions? Or do you have to build stuff yourself? I used to love the Sims back in the day and creating, now I'm old and too lazy to build. I'm like "create a world? back in my day the games were created by video game makers and we gamers played them!!"*

*except for Excitebike and any other game with level design that i forgot.
You have to build stuff yourself or download one of the premade Toy Box worlds (some from the makers and some they have selected from user submissions I think). That can be fun to a point. But there are no side missions in those.

The regular play set levels have side missions but you can only use figures from the stories in the play sets. So, for example, it makes sense to buy a Woody because you can play as him in the Toy Story play set. Wreck-It Ralph, Jack Skellington, the Frozen figures, and a few others, are only for Toy Box mode. I think each figure does have ONE "special" mission for themselves (either a collect-a-thon or time trial sort of thing).

In any case, it seems the deal is dead and/or modified. I'm glad I got in on it now - I was actually hesitant at the $12.38 total pricing for both ;).

And, hmmm... I just got a notice that the Blu-ray shipped but not the figure.

Well I threw the figure up on eBay for $15 buy it now since I don't like to gouge people or be greedy and it was gone in less than a half hour.  That works out to a free movie after fees so I'm satisfied.

Thanks for the info io. That certainly sucks since Jack Skellington is one of my favorite characters and probably the only reason, besides Sully for me to play this game. Limiting the use of characters really does it a disservice.

Thanks for the info io. That certainly sucks since Jack Skellington is one of my favorite characters and probably the only reason, besides Sully for me to play this game. Limiting the use of characters really does it a disservice.
Almost certainly typical Disney strategy to make sure they get as much money out of it as possible.

you better edit the post to reflect the current price, or prepare to have your flame shield on for incoming onslaught.
What exactly is the current price, I'm a little confused after reading through the posts. Edit: I think I got it.

Not a misprice, since the deal clearly states you save 15 bucks off the price. If they're trying to take 15 off the non-sale price of 30 bucks, it still doesn't add up...
Ah, that's true... Not sure what's up, then. Being cheap-asses? lol

Like has been said the sale price is throwing off the weekly deal... I had to call and they had no problem doing it, once I found someone competent and didn't hang up on me.

Matenshi said:
Why is everybody down on the Toy Box mode? I thought that was considered the game's best part.
In theory it could be. But the frame rate really takes a hit when there are a lot of objects (and I'm playing on PS3). Also, it takes a ton of work (and playing through the play sets and buying more figures) to unlock all the objects to build things. So while it is a sort of a combination of LBP and Minecraft, it isn't nearly as good as either in terms of free play building.

I do enjoy the story-related play sets though. Each one is the equivalent of a $20-$30 movie tie-in game so there is a lot of content there with the 3 that come with the Starter Pack and the 3 you can buy separately (as long as you get them on sale). One reason you can't interchange characters, though, is because of the different mechanics in the play sets. For example, having regular characters in the Cars playset, which is all about racing around, wouldn't make sense. In Monsters U there is a "scaring" ability that you need for missions - Wreck-It Ralph doesn't have that. Perhaps with more clever design they could have worked around all that but I can see it being a QA nightmare to make sure all the games work with all the figures.

bardockkun said:
I Got my Ralph in the mail today from free shipping. That was...quicker than I imagined.
Hah - I had a box sitting here from Best Buy and I didn't really know what it was. Turns out I got my figure as well.

I was surprised people were able to sell this for more than retail, but it does seem to be somewhat scarce now. Now I'm pretty happy I got in on the deal when it first went live, even if I do already have the movie (not sure - haven't checked yet). If it turns out I do, I guess I'll do the opposite of what most people here are doing and sell the movie to keep the figure ;).

I Got my Ralph in the mail today from free shipping. That was...quicker than I imagined.
Mine could have been here today, but got to the depot about 20 minutes after my Despicable Me 2 3D went out for delivery. But it should be here tomorrow, which is fine for me since it's an xmas gift for my kids.

Not a misprice, since the deal clearly states you save 15 bucks off the price. If they're trying to take 15 off the non-sale price of 30 bucks, it still doesn't add up...
When I placed my order last night it still stated the $15 off the combined purchase, but my final order total in the confirmation e-mail was $18.60 with tax. I called Best Buy today and told them when I placed the order last night the promotion stated I would receive $15 off and not the $10 off that the promotion was changed to today. The rep on the phone was very helpful and immediately put in a request for a $5 credit back to my CC without even making any further inquiries. I was on the phone for less than 10 minutes, so anyone who ordered during the time where the promotion still stated $15 off may want to give calling BB a shot.

I tried to take advantage of the $15 off deal yesterday, and noticed that only $10 was taken off after I ordered. Nowhere on the invoice did it show a discount of $10, which made things confusing. 

I didn't grab a screenshot, but if type this link in the search bar of your browser: https://www.google.com/search?q=Save+%2410+on+combined+purchase+of+Wreck-It-Ralph+movie+and+figure&oq=Save+%2410+on+combined+purchase+of+Wreck-It-Ralph+movie+and+figure&aqs=chrome..69i57.786j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

The first link shows: 

1. Save $15 on Combined Wreck-It-Ralph Purchase - Best Buy

www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id...‎

•  
    •  

Save $15 on combined purchase of Wreck-It-Ralph movie and figure. Buy the ...movie on Blu-ray along with the Disney Infinity Wreck-It Ralph figure and save.

Click on it and it magically changes to $10. 

Took me about 15 minutes on the phone to fix it. 

bread's done
Back