WrestleMania 21 Thread

i finaly beat season the other day...it was pretty good.....now it sjust a mission to earn $$.. how do you earn alot of $$ after hetting the legend prestigue

How much longer do I have in the career? I just got the IC belt. Haven't played this in days htough and my CAW stats are at 40-something. I need money.

I can't figure out how to do reversals very well, and it's made me very frustrated and pissed off. I want to send the fucker back to GF so I can rent Chaos Theory.

myke.
...it's either the controls, of the shitty Xbox R/L Triggers.

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't figure out how to do reversals very well, and it's made me very frustrated and pissed off. I want to send the fucker back to GF so I can rent Chaos Theory.

myke.
...it's either the controls, of the shitty Xbox R/L Triggers.[/QUOTE]

it does suck, though I think I am getting better at it. I have the same problem with DoR, which is why I always end up back playing Smackdown

suprsingly..smackdown has been the wrestling game ive played the least from the latest wrestling games on all systems....i havent even played online at all..i think the beta test got more hours out of me than the retail

lets see what they do with the new smackdown coming late this year

[quote name='guyver2077']ANYONE FIGURE OUT HOW TO LISTEN TO ENTRANCE THEMES YET?? and how to earn cash after getting legend?[/QUOTE]

When you unlock trons.. you view the tron with music on it.

[quote name='Scorch']When you unlock trons.. you view the tron with music on it.[/QUOTE]

i know that but answer this then?

how would i listen to bret harts song?>

[quote name='guyver2077']i know that but answer this then?

how would i listen to bret harts song?>[/QUOTE]

by downloading it because it's everywhere on the net?

I just got the ladder match belt glitch. Its hilarious when someone goes and grabs the cable, comes down with nothing, and wins the match

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How much longer do I have in the career? I just got the IC belt. Haven't played this in days htough and my CAW stats are at 40-something. I need money.[/QUOTE]

The season conists of 52 weeks/matches. I got through only 10, though, before the patch and I haven't played career since.

I'll get back to this game once Lego Star Wars relinquishes its ownership of my soul, unless Jade Empire calls dibs.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']not going to ruin the story mode for anyone, but WTF were these guys smoking?

some of this shit is insanely stupid[/QUOTE]

So, Casey, they've finally nailed the realism of WWE storylines? :lol:

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin']So, Casey, they've finally nailed the realism of WWE storylines? :lol:

myke.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say they nailed the realism, but rather gave the fans what they wanted. If they did, it would be the greatest thing ever ( a certain faction is completely eliminated, and the thing that ruins the WWE the most is also dealt away with)

I'd heard rumblings that SG was being forced to file for bankruptcy. If true, I hope that the new bankruptcy laws haven't been implemented yet. Eek!

myke.

I GIVE UP ON THIS MOTHER *&@#^$ING STUPID ASS GAME.

My guy came out to no theme music.

RVD went to the top rope and when he did, I could neither grapple or attack.

Rey Mysterio jumped the entire length of the ring.

After my nice handicap match, when viewing the replay, the game completely locked up and made a loud buzzing noise.

Nice.

This is the old version, patched. The new version, i've heard, is no better.

the game only locked up on me once, but I have had my fill after completing the story. Hopefully Gamefly has God of War in or Shadow of Rome, as I plan on sending it back tomorrow

So I decided to make a video with my camera on what it's doing. Every single time. The quality isn't the best in the world but it gets the job done. It's a shame it drowns out the loud buzzing noise, though. This happens after I skip the replay of the match in career mode when i'm facing RVD and Rey Mysterio, Jr.

Keep in mind that this is the patched copy. And it does this every.. single.. time.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=IM00078260

Or here:

http://x200.putfile.com/videos/12823364973.mpg

My uncle rented it and I'm not impressed either. It's locked up maybe 50 or 75 times on me and I've wrestled only about 10 matches. After the TLC title match with the Dummy Boys, it locked up and that time really pissed me off. It's not every time that Booger T actually helps me win.

[quote name='Scorch']So I decided to make a video with my camera on what it's doing. Every single time. The quality isn't the best in the world but it gets the job done. It's a shame it drowns out the loud buzzing noise, though. This happens after I skip the replay of the match in career mode when i'm facing RVD and Rey Mysterio, Jr.

Keep in mind that this is the patched copy. And it does this every.. single.. time.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=IM00078260

Or here:

http://x200.putfile.com/videos/12823364973.mpg[/QUOTE]

Can we retest the "Thomson Drive" hypothesis? What kind (1.X) of Xbox do you have? What kind of drive?

myke.

[quote name='mykevermin']Can we retest the "Thomson Drive" hypothesis? What kind (1.X) of Xbox do you have? What kind of drive?

myke.[/QUOTE]

No, we can't. I have a Samsung. I had a Thompson drive years ago. When my Thompson drive wasn't able to run Raw 2 on the launch date and I learned that Thompson drives are shit, I traded it and all my games in and got a ton of PS2 games.. then last April, I traded in all my PS2 games and sold the system and got a newer XBox. Haven't had a problem yet. The XBox itself was manufactured 1/6/04.

I'm still considering getting a second XBox and modding it to play this stupid game from the HD.

[quote name='Scorch']No, we can't. I have a Samsung. I had a Thompson drive years ago. When my Thompson drive wasn't able to run Raw 2 on the launch date and I learned that Thompson drives are shit, I traded it and all my games in and got a ton of PS2 games.. then last April, I traded in all my PS2 games and sold the system and got a newer XBox. Haven't had a problem yet. The XBox itself was manufactured 1/6/04.

I'm still considering getting a second XBox and modding it to play this stupid game from the HD.[/QUOTE]

Not worth the trouble, man; especially since you likely have a 1.6 version Xbox, the toughest to mod (perhaps not as much these days, though).

I modded mine b/c I imported The Wild Rings from National Console Support; man, even the Japanese couldn't get a decent wrestling game on the Xbox! It's kinda fun, but given the trouble I went to, I'd rather have an Xbox I can resell.

myke.

Eh, I have $100 in store credit and the used XBox is only like $119.. the only problem is it's a Thompson drive one.. I dunno how that would do in regards to reading the dic and copying to the HD. I want to wait until someone trades another Samsung in.. or I could use it as $100 towards the 360.. which I will probably do.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Wow... that's pretty cool. I need to get another Xbox to just modify and mess with. I'm not messing with my Halo Xbox. :)[/QUOTE]

I saw you on Live tonight on WM21 and I sent an invite.. and waited.. and waited.. and waited.. then I just said screw it and left.

[quote name='Scorch']I saw you on Live tonight on WM21 and I sent an invite.. and waited.. and waited.. and waited.. then I just said screw it and left.[/QUOTE]

Scorch, I'm really sorry about that, my friend. I was about to play WM21, and then I was called suddenly to take care of a household emergency. Forgot to turn off my Xbox, and when I came back, I saw the invitation, but you left before I replied.

I'm really sorry; I hope you don't think that I blew you off. Well, hopefully we'll get to play soon.

[quote name='Scorch']Nah, don't worry about it. Pizza should be here in a second anyways :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go get something to eat, too. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch your next invite.

I swear... when I tell my family I'm going to play online and can't be bothered, I guess they don't know what that means. They call me to do some dumb stuff:

Me: What do you want?
Them: Since you're up, can you get me a glass of water? And hand me the remote.
Me: It's on the other side of the couch... that you are sitting on!
Them: I know, but I can't reach it. You know, while you are doing this, go get us all something to eat.

I figure I'll quit while I'm ahead. They might ask me to paint the house next. :)

I guess I'm just very fortunate since I started playing Wm21 again today and I still haven't had any glitches. In fact, the only real glitches I've had post-patch were during online matches with Scorch, and those may have been caused by his copy.

I also got a glitch-free copy of WWF No Mercy when it launched. Either I'm really lucky, or the wrestling game gods felt they owed me one since I dropped $50 on WCW Thunder.

I wonder what this is all about. Played some more of the Career mode. The loading times on this really annoy me. And how do you body slam someone through the top of the cage in a HIAC match? Is that even possible? And do tapping any buttons make you climb the cage any quicker? They're so S-L-O-W, the first time I tried it, I thought it was a glitch. It takes 'em a minute to raise their first leg over the top of the fucking cage.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I wonder what this is all about. Played some more of the Career mode. The loading times on this really annoy me. And how do you body slam someone through the top of the cage in a HIAC match? Is that even possible? And do tapping any buttons make you climb the cage any quicker? They're so S-L-O-W, the first time I tried it, I thought it was a glitch. It takes 'em a minute to raise their first leg over the top of the fucking cage.[/QUOTE]

If you have a "slamming" move (such as a powerslam, suplex, etc.), use it on any one (or in the middle) of the four off-colored cell squares. On the third slam, you and your opponent will crash through the roof.

Yeah, you gotta make sure your opponent is out of it before you try to escape the cage. If you have reached the top of the cage, pressing buttons will help you swing your leg over the top faster, but as for climbing the side of the cage, it depends on your wrestler.

[quote name='Scorch']THQ just got Scorch'd.. more details after I get off the phone[/QUOTE]

The suspense... Tell us now!!!:bomb:

Fine, I'll wait...:cry:

Well, not so much "Scorch'd" as a comprimise, but it's a huge one. I was on the phone with a friend, not THQ.

So anyways, I get to the point where I'm so pissed at THQ, I do something I never, ever do - I confront them. I'm not really a confrontational person (which is pretty much polar opposite to the way I come off on the board), but I decided to email them. Here's what they said. I'd appreciate it if this wouldn't be reposted. I've edited out my E-Mail adress. I actually talked to a REAL person.

Name: Jon
E-mail: *******@gmail.com
Product: WWE Wrestlemania 21
Platform: XBOX
Problem:

Good work. My game was perfectly fine pre-patch. I load the patch, XBox
Live works great, now I can't play career mode. I've tried the new retail
version and that one won't work either. I'll get to the handicap match
against RVD and Rey Mysterio and it'll lock up after the replay. Look,
I've even made a video for you.

http://x200.putfile.com/videos/12823364973.mpg

So you've put a patch and put out a "corrected" retail version, yet
neither of these solved crashes. I've had the game lock up every single
time i've tried to skip the replay on the handicap match. The XBox Live
portion works just fine (please remove the 10 minute time limit), but the
career mode does not work.. at all. Just make us send in the game along
with the receipt where we bought it and send us a form for a free game in
the THQ library, SOMETHING to make up for this. Please.

So i'm pretty much expecting standard procedure and autoresponse.. which is what I get.

Thank you for contacting THQ Support. In order for your new disc to run properly, you may have to delete previous data on your XBOX created by the previous version of Wrestlemania 21. Please follow the directions below:

1. Boot the retail Xbox without a game in the disc tray.
2. On the Xbox Dashboard, select the Memory option.
3. Select the Xbox hard disc.
4. Scroll down to the Wrestlemania 21 title folder and select it with the A button.
5. At the prompt, press the A button to delete the title folder.

So this pissed me off and I decided to call them out.

That is not the issue. I can run the game just fine. You would know
this if you didn't see the words "Wrestlemania 21" and "new disc" and
send an autoresponse.

I'm sick of deleting my CAW and trashing my career mode for a problem
that shouldn't even exist! I'm through with this stupid joke of a
game, and i'm through supporting THQ.

Shortly thereafter, I get this:

Thank you for contacting THQ Support. We are sorry that you're not happy with this game. We would be glad to exchange this game for another THQ title of equal or less value. For a list of THQ games, please look on our web site at www.thq.com

Let us know if you would like to exchange the product and what game you would like instead.

To exchange the game with THQ you must have bought the game new (not used) and there is no damage on the game, you may return your it to THQ for an exchange. Please send the game, a letter explaining the problem, and a copy of the sales receipt dated within 90 days of today. In the letter be sure to include your name, address and phone number.

For the United States and Canada, send to:

THQ - Customer Service

123 Address edited out way

Anycity, Anystate 10108

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

THQ Customer Service

Followed by a real person to confirm this:

Thank you for contacting THQ technical support.

We apologize that you are still experiencing problems with Wrestlemania 21. At this time, we are not able to find a resolution for the issues you are encountering, and are able to offer you an exchange for another THQ title, as stated below. You stated in your original requested that you are willing to exchange the title for another, and to do so, please follow the directions stated in our original response. If that is not what you meant, please let us know so we can work on another solution that may be more satisfactory to you.

Thank You.

THQ Support

So hey, check that out. THQ earned my support again. I did pay full price for this and I will be compensated. I e-mailed them back and asked if I would be able to preorder "Destroy All Humans" through this. No response just yet.. so hey, if you guys have a problem.. push hard enough and they'll give you an exchange from their library! I'm still suprised that they actually agreed to do that!

Nice work with getting a different game. I guess this means I won't be able to make you tap out on Xbox Live, though. :)

When did you buy the game? Destroy all Humans comes out around June 16-18 or so. You have to send your game within 90 days... if you sent your game the day DAH was released, would you still be within the 90 day window?

If you aren't, I wonder if it would still be possible for you to get the game if you send it now. It probably takes a while for them to process stuff, so maybe by the time they get to your game, DAH will be out already.

Anyways, good luck, and nice job. :)

Depends. If they honor Destroy All Humans now (chances are, they won't), i'll wait a week or so.. if they tell me to wait, i'll have it until then.. so yeah, we can play online before I send it off.

[quote name='Scorch']Depends. If they honor Destroy All Humans now (chances are, they won't), i'll wait a week or so.. if they tell me to wait, i'll have it until then.. so yeah, we can play online before I send it off.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Well, anyways, we can always try playing Battlefront. I don't know if you have any other titles that I have. Guess I'll check the Xbox Gamertag thread and see if you have a listing in there.

I'll save you the trouble..

Amped 2, Brothers in Arms, Burnout 3, Counter-Strike, DOA Ultimate, Doom 3, ESPN NHL 2K4, Full Spectrum Warrior, Ghost Recon 2, Halo 2, Kingdom Under Fire, MLB 2K5, MechAssault 2, Midtown Madness 3, MotoGP 2, NHL Rivals '04, Outlaw Volleyball, PGR2, Rainbow Six 3, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Rallisport Challenge 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Clone Wars/Tetris, Street Fighter Anniversary, Tron 2.0, Unreal 2, Unreal Championship, Unreal Championship 2, Whacked!, XIII.. I'm sure we have a match somewhere in there :)

remember we were discussing why mankind has this attire with the old titan/song...

i finally did find a match that he comes out like that

Wrestlemania topic? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise....

So I played more yesterday and experienced two more glitches.. as The Undertaker, I ran to do a clothesline on Foley, but I ran through him and into the upper left turnbuckle.. he ran into the lower right turnbuckle.. and both were stuck in a running animation.

In a second match, I experienced yet another glitch. Same competitors. On top of the cell, I ran towards UT to do a clothesline.. he decided to counter with a back body drop.. here's the result:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Picture-01847 (the music in the background is Coldplay)

I've been emailing THQ back and forth and they've been dancing really, really hard around trying to give me a copy of Destroy All Humans for WM21, but they eventually cracked today.. I think.

[email protected]
to me

May 11

Thank you for contacting THQ technical support.

We apologize that you are still experiencing problems with Wrestlemania 21. At this time, we are not able to find a resolution for the issues you are encountering, and are able to offer you an exchange for another THQ title, as stated below. You stated in your original requested that you are willing to exchange the title for another, and to do so, please follow the directions stated in our original response. If that is not what you meant, please let us know so we can work on another solution that may be more satisfactory to you.

Thank You.

THQ Support
=========================

Jon Smith
to THQ
May 12

So you say i'm able to exchange it for another title from the THQ
library.. would I be able to get 'Destroy All Humans' when it comes
out?

========================

Jon Smith
to THQ
May 14

Well? Eagerly awaiting a response..

=========================

[email protected]
to me
May 16

Thank you for contacting THQ Support. We would be glad to exchange this game for another available THQ title of equal or less value. For a list of THQ games, please look on our web site at www.thq.com

Let us know if you would like to exchange the product and what game you would like instead.

========================

Jon Smith
to THQ
May 17

Yes, I would like to exchange it, and i'm asking you if I could get
Destroy All Humans if I send it in when DAH is out. The receipt is
dated 4/22/05, and DAH is currently scheduled for a mid-June release,
and that would fall within the 90 days.

======================
[email protected]
to me
May 17

Destroy ALL Humans has not been released yet so it's not available. We would be glad to exchange this game for another available THQ title of equal or less value. For a list of THQ games, please look on our web site at www.thq.com

==============================

Jon Smith
to THQ
May 17

..Which is why I asked if I could get it when it's available if it's
within the 90 day window.
==============================

Jon Smith
to THQ
12:21 am (14 hours ago)

Once more.. I know E3 was last week so this may have gotten lost in
the shuffle..

When Destroy All Humans comes out, can I send in Wrestlemania 21 and
receive Destroy All Humans?

===================================

[email protected]
to me
11:52 am (2½ hours ago)

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, release dates can change, and we cannot guarantee that Destroy All Humans will be available before the warranty is up. You may want to wait and see if you have that option, but please visit www.thq.com for another title that many interest you in case we do not have that choice available.

THQ Support

Game was purchased on 4/22/05, which means my 90 days will more or less be up near mid-July.. DAH currently has a June 17th ship date

[quote name='Scorch']Game was purchased on 4/22/05, which means my 90 days will more or less be up near mid-July.. DAH currently has a June 17th ship date[/quote]

you may be pushing it just a bit on the dates though.

bread's done
Back