WSB made the OTT because the other one was locked and there was no one else around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Number83']I need 1000 Watts...GeForce 9800 GTX in SLI...:cool:

But I was on ZipZoomFly.com...Guess I chould check Newegg.[/quote]

Dayumn. Yeah, I was just looking at like 800W PSUs.

EDIT: I think I want to use one of those TF2 heads that Brak posted yesterday. However, I suck at photoshop, what is the easiest way to remove the white around the head?

Thong, are you also in the market for new PC and laptop? I am. I actually want both. I need a new PC, and I never had a laptop :(

...and my birthday is in 2 weeks!

Boo, that lappy won't be $400 after Saturday...only on sale this week

And I bet they all went quick on Sunday morning...

:bomb:

Boo Berry, yeah my old Lappy is dying after 4 years of faithful service and I need a new one

[quote name='JolietJake']A megawatt PSU still seems like overkill to me, maybe i just can't wrap my head around the idea of a computer needing a PSU that powerful.[/quote]

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!

palp.jpg

My parents had an Acer (PC) for quite a few years, and it only recently died. So I guess that looks pretty good.. :whistle2:k

Hmmm.

By the Acer because there's been serious bugs with nvidia notebook chips that have affected both dell's and HP's.

The Acer has an ATI chip.

"It turns out virtually all the NVIDIA mobile chips are defective. NVIDIA tried to brush off the issue stating that the issue was a "previous-generation" problem. However, it turns out that virtually all 8400M and 8600M chips are defective. These chips make up the bulk of NVIDIA's higher end graphics offerings. While NVIDIA started to roll out the first of its 9 series mobile chips, the 8 series represents the flagship line of its mobile offerings.

"The low to middle end chips are also virtually all defective. Among the defective lines are the GeForce Go 7000 and 6000 lines, as well as the Quadro NVS 135M and the Quadro FX 360M"

If it wasn't for that I'd say go with Compaq. But then again, I also wouldn't buy a notebook with an AMD chip.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I just saw that TMK has a birthday contest in the Free Stuff thread. Some guy made a thread, where you say happy birthday to TMK, then TMK will pick 3 people from the thread and the OP will buy any PSN game of TMK's choice and share it amongst everyone.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I didn't report you, darthbudge.

I just wish everybody would quit ruining our circle of trust.
mallow_mad.gif
[/QUOTE]

fixd :cool:

Please forgive my ignorance but I have a home audio question.

What the purpose of the digital audio output on a TV? Can I feed the 360, PSx, Coax etc into the TV and have the digital audio out go to the sound system and have it still play in 5.1 (it has digital audio input) or do I need to get a nice receiver to route everything into?

[quote name='Magehart']Please forgive my ignorance but I have a home audio question.

What the purpose of the digital audio output on a TV? Can I feed the 360, PSx, Coax etc into the TV and have the digital audio out go to the sound system and have it still play in 5.1 (it has digital audio input) or do I need to get a nice receiver to route everything into?[/QUOTE]

Some TVs yes, some no.

My TV has a digital audio out yet it only pumps out stereo sound from it. (I have no idea what the point of that is...)

You'd have to give it an input that carries 5.1 sound to get 5.1 out of course. (Like HDMI)

[quote name='lilboo']My parents had an Acer (PC) for quite a few years, and it only recently died. So I guess that looks pretty good.. :whistle2:k

Hmmm.[/quote]

When IBM owned them they werent half bad...but then something happened.

[quote name='Magehart']Please forgive my ignorance but I have a home audio question.

What the purpose of the digital audio output on a TV? Can I feed the 360, PSx, Coax etc into the TV and have the digital audio out go to the sound system and have it still play in 5.1 (it has digital audio input) or do I need to get a nice receiver to route everything into?[/quote]

Wait, you're asking if the TV itself does 5.1 sound?

:rofl:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Since GS is blocked at work, what does the article say?[/quote]

MicroProse's five-game collection of classic RTS franchise heads to Valve's online distribution platform, $5 apiece or $15 for the lot.
As one of the premier services for digitally distributed PC games, Valve's online repository Steam is updated on a regular basis with the latest titles to come to market. However, on occasion, Valve will also dip a bit deeper into its industry partners' reserves to revive gems of years gone by.
This week, Valve and Take-Two teamed to add MicroProse Software's acclaimed X-Com collection to Steam. Five games in all, the collection includes X-Com: UFO Defense, X-Com: Terror From the Deep, X-Com: Apocalypse, X-Com: Interceptor, and X-Com: Enforcer. The games can be picked up individually at $4.99 apiece, or as part of the X-Com Complete Pack, which includes all five games, for $14.99. To promote the new arrivals, Valve is offering a 10 percent discount on all five games as well as the collection pack until September 11.
Take-Two acquired the rights to the classic real-time strategy franchise from Atari in 2005, after the series lay dormant following the less-than-spectacular X-Com: Enforcer in 2001. X-Com: UFO Defense, the original game in the series released in 1993, is widely heralded as one of the greatest games ever made, and has been inducted into GameSpot's own Greatest Games of All Time. Long-standing rumors indicate that Ken Levine's 2K Boston--creators of last year's award-winning BioShock--is at work on a new installment in the X-Com franchise.

[quote name='lilboo']Is this the best laptop you can get for $400, though? :whistle2:k[/quote]

Meh, prolly not. BUT I NEED A fuckING COMPUTER...

:bomb:

Plus I'd be getting it for $300

:cool:

Notebooks are so cheap today you might as well save an extra couple hudred bucks and step up. For $600 you could get a mininote even. The sweet spioot for notebooks is $600.

[quote name='wubb']Some TVs yes, some no.

My TV has a digital audio out yet it only pumps out stereo sound from it. (I have no idea what the point of that is...)

You'd have to give it an input that carries 5.1 sound to get 5.1 out of course. (Like HDMI)[/quote]

So HDMI out (from the TV) to Digital Audio in (to the receiver) or to HDMI (on the receiver)?

[quote name='manthing']Wait, you're asking if the TV itself does 5.1 sound?

:rofl:[/quote]

I'm asking is there any way I can have all my inputs go through the TV and send the sound out from the TV as opposed to buying a wicked receiver to handle all my inputs i'll need. Technologically savvy I am not.

This was the system I was looking at right now. The inputs are lacking on it so I was trying to find a work around without having to buy more toys.

[quote name='Magehart']
This was the system I was looking at right now. The inputs are lacking on it so I was trying to find a work around without having to buy more toys.[/quote]

Some TVs it works, some TVs it dont

You gotta find out for yourself. Look in the manual for 'audio passthrough'

You also need a 5.1 source for the TV send out.

And regarding a coaxial connection...it depends on the channel you're watching

[quote name='wubb']lulz at the dude offering a $100 prize to fill up his fantasy league. All wow had to do was flex his winning personality.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='seanr1221']Hey! It's me!

JFD, I think I might keep my Triple now (and just use it as a blu-ray player) :whistle2:#[/quote]
Trips still cost less than blue ray players?

I need a blue ray player but dont really want another video game system.

[quote name='manthing']Some TVs it works, some TVs it dont

You gotta find out for yourself. Look in the manual for 'audio passthrough'

You also need a 5.1 source for the TV send out.

And regarding a coaxial connection...it depends on the channel you're watching[/quote]

Awesome. I'll see if I can find what I need. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back