XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
New update made me accidentally purchase Case West. >_> I have $2 in my account and was wondering if the new update would allow me to use that and pay the remainder on my card. So I checked out Case West to test it out and yes you can now pay the remaining balance. I got to a tab with two options, "Use amount in the account and pay the remaining balance on card." or "Pay the full balance with a card". Well since I was just testing it out, I hit the B button to cancel out and return to the previous screens. It turns out that B is to choose the second option so I ended up paying $4.99. Bleh, very tricky Microsoft.

I'm not mad because it didn't cost me much, but kinda annoying.

Here's something interesting, a 400 point prepaid card was converted to $5.00 when I entered it today (as I would have expected).  However, when I entered a 100 point card I got $1.50 for it (instead of $1.25 like I would have thought). 

4 x 100 points = $6.00, 400 points = $5.00.  I'm guessing amounts are being rounded to the nearest $.50 when converted?

For people with Bing rewards, the 100 point redemption seems to be the way to go from now on.

Have they removed the ability to turn Auto-Renewal on and off?

I don't have the option for either account and even what the "help" says to do, there's no option to turn it on or off

Tax will be charged when you make a purchase*.

*At least it does for me in Ohio.
If they charge tax then it will be double taxation for myself (in OH also) as I paid tax on a majority of my points. IF they double tax even a small amount of people then M$ should be in a world of hurt from the government as double taxation is one of the simple principles to follow and one with a harsh punishment.

I turned on my 360 and the update is waiting for me but I went to this thread first trying to see if I should do it right now. To update or not update right now? I have 1400 msp in my account. I have a 1600 pt card too, should I wait to redeem that? I'm planning to use it for Xbox One games digitally.

I turned on my 360 and the update is waiting for me but I went to this thread first trying to see if I should do it right now. To update or not update right now? I have 1400 msp in my account. I have a 1600 pt card too, should I wait to redeem that? I'm planning to use it for Xbox One games digitally.
They said pts deposited before the conversion can make purchases tax free so if you think you'll spend it all before 2015, then might be wise to do it now.

So I tried redeeming my point card on Xbox.com but it told me I have to redeem it on the console. I guess I'll be updating. We'll see what happens.

Crap, I forgot to buy the Bioshock Infinite season pass before the update.. 

I had 6400msp, they converted them to $81.50. So somehow I got an extra $1.50  :D/

If you update, then add a points card, and only then go to the store, will you get tax-free points, or am I SOL? I'm guessing I'm SOL. Oh well, it's not a huge deal.

Having problems redeeming point card on my console. Will try again later. It gave me two different status codes, I googled and one was for a marketplace error, the other is for beta error but I'm not in the beta ha.

I updated some hours ago, hoping that it won't happen anything weird with the payments and such, because tomorrow we have a new Dotw.

It was a very big update having into account that the only difference I've noticed is that instead of MSP now it shows ca$h.

Is this update going to affect our ability to download the free games if we don't have a CC attached?  Previously, you picked a free game (Dead Rising 2), select pay by MS pts, and it lets you download for free.  Hopefully the dashboard update will recognize the game is free instead of charging us money or forcing us to add a CC.

New update made me accidentally purchase Case West. >_> I have $2 in my account and was wondering if the new update would allow me to use that and pay the remainder on my card. So I checked out Case West to test it out and yes you can now pay the remaining balance. I got to a tab with two options, "Use amount in the account and pay the remaining balance on card." or "Pay the full balance with a card". Well since I was just testing it out, I hit the B button to cancel out and return to the previous screens. It turns out that B is to choose the second option so I ended up paying $4.99. Bleh, very tricky Microsoft.

I'm not mad because it didn't cost me much, but kinda annoying.
B button is still just to cancel. I Think you just accidentally pressed A on confirmed purchase.

Here's something interesting, a 400 point prepaid card was converted to $5.00 when I entered it today (as I would have expected). However, when I entered a 100 point card I got $1.50 for it (instead of $1.25 like I would have thought).

4 x 100 points = $6.00, 400 points = $5.00. I'm guessing amounts are being rounded to the nearest $.50 when converted?

For people with Bing rewards, the 100 point redemption seems to be the way to go from now on.
i get $2 for bing 100 msp now watch it be fixed before i get my other codes..

If they charge tax then it will be double taxation for myself (in OH also) as I paid tax on a majority of my points. IF they double tax even a small amount of people then M$ should be in a world of hurt from the government as double taxation is one of the simple principles to follow and one with a harsh punishment.
Bought msp yest i got taxed. then converted msp and got taxed again and before i added bing msp btw. They say your not supposed to on converted msp but i did. ms for ya...

I disliked this when I heard it would be happening, but I figured MS knew what they were doing. Overall it seems I overestimated them...again.

I got my points converts to $111 which is the proper amount. Yet the XBOX Live website does not see them there, is this the same as everyone else? I am not interested in buying anything right now, but you never know what tomorrows sales will hold. So I was just trying to go through the process to make sure tomorrow it would work without using my 360 to buy stuff.

I disliked this when I heard it would be happening, but I figured MS knew what they were doing. Overall it seems I overestimated them...again.

I got my points converts to $111 which is the proper amount. Yet the XBOX Live website does not see them there, is this the same as everyone else? I am not interested in buying anything right now, but you never know what tomorrows sales will hold. So I was just trying to go through the process to make sure tomorrow it would work without using my 360 to buy stuff.
You buy on console only? I prefer website most times. I think people are trying to figure out stuff still. I can say ms was not ready to convert yet imo. It seems just slopped together poorly. I hate being double charged tax tho. I hope xbox one buying stuff on it isn't a cluster .....

You buy on console only? I prefer website most times. I think people are trying to figure out stuff still. I can say ms was not ready to convert yet imo. It seems just slopped together poorly. I hate being double charged tax tho. I hope xbox one buying stuff on it isn't a cluster .....
No I prefer to buy on the website, but I can't.

Here is what happened today.

1. Go to live.xbox.com

2. See no points or $ present

3. Try to buy something, can't unless I use real cash

4. Turn 360 on and update

5. Navigate to store and get the currency convert message saying I now have $111

6. Go to live.xbox.com

7. See no $ present

8. Try to buy something, can't unless I use real cash.

No I prefer to buy on the website, but I can't.

Here is what happened today.

1. Go to live.xbox.com

2. See no points or $ present

3. Try to buy something, can't unless I use real cash

4. Turn 360 on and update

5. Navigate to store and get the currency convert message saying I now have $111

6. Go to live.xbox.com

7. See no $ present

8. Try to buy something, can't unless I use real cash.
I'm seeing the same thing. I can buy items on the console using Microsoft Money but not through the website.

I'm seeing the same thing. I can buy items on the console using Microsoft Money but not through the website.
So it's not only me...That is annoying, hopefully it is shortly lived growing pains, because using either my 360 or PS3 to buy content is a real pain.

Meh, I thought we were supposed to get a bit more than our points were worth when they got converted to M$, I didn't.

Anyhoo has anyone confirmed whether we're getting charged tax on purchases with converted points ?

uh so has anyone done the 2 console trick with buying games on the new dash? IE buy the game on one console, then log into another and download it and play while connected online. does that old trick still work with the new dash? i wouldn't put it past them to ruin something sweet like that with how few apparent real changes there are to be seen..

uh so has anyone done the 2 console trick with buying games on the new dash? IE buy the game on one console, then log into another and download it and play while connected online. does that old trick still work with the new dash? i wouldn't put it past them to ruin something sweet like that with how few apparent real changes there are to be seen..
I don't see why that wouldn't work. They specifically said it would work with the XB1: you could log in from any other console and play all games in your library. Should work the same on the 360.

I'm surprised they rounded up my pts to the nearest dollar. Some other website said they were rounding up to the nearest quarter, but that's not what happened to me. Not complaining. Lol.

It's nice that Microsoft upgraded the 30 points I had leftover on my XBL Rewards account to 80 points when they sent me the code to actually get it onto my account.

B button is still just to cancel. I Think you just accidentally pressed A on confirmed purchase.
I made sure I push B to cancel because I looked down before I pressed it. Even if I did accidentally pressed A, it should've purchased the first option of paying the remaining balance instead of the second option because the green highlight was on it.

That's not really a trick. Once you buy something on your account, it's yours. It doesn't matter what console you use. Like with Steam. Once you buy something, it's always in your library. Doesn't matter which computer you use.

Meh, I thought we were supposed to get a bit more than our points were worth when they got converted to M$, I didn't.

Anyhoo has anyone confirmed whether we're getting charged tax on purchases with converted points ?
I think you'd get more points if you had something like a half cent worth of points. Then they would round up. So you'd only be getting a cent or two anyways.

I got a whopping $.35 extra. That makes up for having to pay tax. Thanks idiots who hated the point system.
There was a clear way for Microsoft to satisfy both groups by offering both payment options like they've been doing for Games on Demand games for years now, so the blame clearly goes to Microsoft for not doing it that way, not those that just wanted the option to pay cash.

We knew this would happen almost a year ago. MS wants the money that they were losing on those arbitrary point sales now that every other console company is doing it. A lot of these games are just rehashes of something else, and yet they're going to be even more expensive now.

Not liking the new gaming trend to licensed digital. The main attraction and caveat to digital is the ability to download and share wherever you are, from whatever console you're on, and this proprietary digital garbage is just a way for companies to maximize profits and police/completely restrict the products you buy from them.

From the FAQ: The currency we add to your account at the time of the transition will expire on June 1, 2015. However, the currency you purchase and add to your account after the transition will not expire.

So my 1400 pts converted to $17.50, so this will expire 2015 right? I have a 1600 pt card I'm trying to redeem, that won't expire since its pass the transition?

I'll answer my own question on the tax thing, just tried it on an Indie game, didn't get charged tax.

So they seem to have got that right at least.

I just want everyone to know . . . Microsoft has screwed us again and here's how. Let's say a game cost 400 microsoft points or $5... well that would have cost you only $5. Now that they've updated everything to cash... it's now more expensive. So let's say that same $5 ($4.99) game is now actually $5.49 because tax is included now to where it wasn't before. It sucks.

Here's issue #2: You can't do split payments. That's where if you have $2 in your Microsoft account and the game is $5, you can't pay the $2 from you account and the rest from a credit card. It has to be fully paid either by your account or fully paid by your credit card. That creates an issue as well just like when you had Microsoft points. There will be money in there that you can't use unless you put more money in. It sucks as well.

Here's the last issue:

YOUR MONEY EXPIRES!!! So honestly, Don't buy Microsoft points(money) anymore. It's so stupid. Just use the credit card instead

I just want everyone to know . . . Microsoft has screwed us again and here's how. Let's say a game cost 400 microsoft points or $5... well that would have cost you only $5. Now that they've updated everything to cash... it's now more expensive. So let's say that same $5 ($4.99) game is now actually $5.49 because tax is included now to where it wasn't before. It sucks.

Here's issue #2: You can't do split payments. That's where if you have $2 in your Microsoft account and the game is $5, you can't pay the $2 from you account and the rest from a credit card. It has to be fully paid either by your account or fully paid by your credit card. That creates an issue as well just like when you had Microsoft points. There will be money in there that you can't use unless you put more money in. It sucks as well.

Here's the last issue:
YOUR MONEY EXPIRES!!! So honestly, Don't buy Microsoft points(money) anymore. It's so stupid. Just use the credit card instead
Unless its like every other "giftcard" in which there are occasional sales on.

That's not really a trick. Once you buy something on your account, it's yours. It doesn't matter what console you use. Like with Steam. Once you buy something, it's always in your library. Doesn't matter which computer you use.
steam won't let you play 2 copies of the same game online at the same time. it is kind of a trick considering we exploit it to give friends copies of games they didn't pay for lol, i don't think that's what the feature is intended for. they could easily code needing the bought profile to be active (by active i mean not currently being used on another console) on console 1 while console 1 is playing the game online but since they don't, free copy for a friend. i'm not complaining but if they fixed it to work like steam one day i wouldn't be too surprised.

So how the hell do you check your balance without attempting to purchase a game? This shit sucks and is confusing as hell.

So how the hell do you check your balance without attempting to purchase a game? This shit sucks and is confusing as hell.
You HAVE TO attempt to make a purchase...to see your balance (you don't have to buy anything though) you will get a mail from MS that your balance has been converted then..

Probably doesn't apply to you but a general FYI to any WP8 (not sure if 7.8 has it) owners, you can check your balance in the Wallet app.

Just entered a 100MSP code using the console and got $1.35 for it. So they either fixed it, or you just got lucky.
Did you mean $1.25?

I just cashed in some Bing points for a 100 msp code, so I'll report back when I get the code and redeem it.

P.S. I haven't updated my console yet, but the Microsoft billing page is showing my account with 710 msp.

https://commerce.microsoft.com/paymenthub/home/show?lc=1033

Did you mean $1.25?

I just cashed in some Bing points for a 100 msp code, so I'll report back when I get the code and redeem it.

P.S. I haven't updated my console yet, but the Microsoft billing page is showing my account with 710 msp.

https://commerce.microsoft.com/paymenthub/home/show?lc=1033
I got $1.50 for my 100 point code, someone else reported they got $2.00 for theirs. Seems to be a game of roulette going on now while they sort this all out.

Bully is showing up for $3.74! Just bought, not sure if I was charged tax or not. Xbldb showing la noire and ultimate marvel vs capcom stuff on sale. So maybe a rock star sale + MvC?

Sooooo what can I do if I don't have an Xbox right now? I just can't buy anything on Xbox.com? I still have around $70 in points and I've been grabbing stuff from sales for when I get one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back