XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
i seriously hope i can buy south park the stick of truth on demand for the 360.... it's what i am saving my msp for...
Huh, that's a good idea. I didn't think of that. If they're going to start releasing GoD on the same day as the discs, then that's a great way to get games at a discount (because we got our pts at a discount) and use up mspts (before they expire). Thanks for the tip!

i agree tylerh1701 .... southpark stick of truth will be out after the xbox one.... i just hope they do day 1 GoD for the 360 aswell....

I got into the Ascend beta and played it a bit tonight.  Not bad.  I can see where it's fun.  It's not the kind of game that typically appeals to me, but I see where it can get addicting.  Here are some quick thoughts:

- Graphics look dated, like early current gen. 

- Controls are okay, a little laggy

- The "story" is interesting enough, but the frequent tomes are a bit much

- The humans worshiping your character is a pretty cool idea.  And the ability to eat or stomp enemy humans is fun.

- The ability to banish enemies to other players is way cool!  Reminded me of Fable 2 and 3 in a good way.

- Continuing on that note, the games MAJOR plus is that you get to see what other players are doing.  Other players ascend and you see that they have kicked butt.  The makes it so that your character kinda sorta worships these other players.  It's an interesting dynamic. 

- The MAJOR downfall is that when I went through the menu's, well, I felt like I was playing candy crush or some other FTP iOS game where you buy up gear with microtransactions.  Some of the cooler items were so ridiculously expensive (souls = currency), I can't imagine anyone really getting a lot of the best/most interesting gear without plunking down a lot of real-world cash. 

All in all, it's free, I get it.  Microtransactions are what games like this are all about.  Take it for what it is.  It's a decent game, but I don't see me playing it a lot.  I'm more of a single player experience kind of gamer and this doesn't fit that bill all that well. 

Damn, I would have bought War of the Worlds if it ever hit 50% off. Oh well, I won't lose any sleep over it.
I ended up buying War of the Worlds along with Tecmo Bowl to complete that Rewards promotion and get 800 points back. Figured that was the only way I'd ever get those titles for 50% off.

I ended up buying War of the Worlds along with Tecmo Bowl to complete that Rewards promotion and get 800 points back. Figured that was the only way I'd ever get those titles for 50% off.
I bought Tecmo Bowl during the same promo for the same reason. Surprised it hasn't gone on sale or dropped since then.

Nice. I lucked out and got MLB Bobblehead Pros during a Rewards Sports Promo because I figured it would never drop in price. It got delisted soon after.

Is there a concrete date as to when XBL points are getting phased out?  I have a ton of left and would rather use them up before they get converted and devalued slightly.  Hopefully there's a huge sale before the end of the summer that includes plenty of titles I don't yet own.

Is there a concrete date as to when XBL points are getting phased out? I have a ton of left and would rather use them up before they get converted and devalued slightly. Hopefully there's a huge sale before the end of the summer that includes plenty of titles I don't yet own.
Whenever the Summer update officially drops, right now those in the beta (such as me) have already got it converted to dollars so my guess is whenever the update goes public so probably...August or early September the very latest.

Whenever the Summer update officially drops, right now those in the beta (such as me) have already got it converted to dollars so my guess is whenever the update goes public so probably...August or early September the very latest.
considering its a Fall beta and not summer, i'd say your prediction is wrong.

considering its a Fall beta and not summer, i'd say your prediction is wrong.
Yet the beta thing itself that I downloaded says "Spring 2013 Public" so who really knows, but I'm sticking to my guess since a month or two seem to be time frame of update from beta to public for dashboard.

Tecmo Bowl Throwback is truly awful. Don't let nostalgia waste your points.

Avatar Football is 10 times cheaper and 100 times more fun:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Avatar-Football/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550c7d
Oh wow, you again. Ive bought and played both, and honestly, Tecmo Bowl Throwback is the one ive played and enjoyed more. In fact I still play that every once in a while, whereas Avatar Football hasn't been touched since the week I bought it.

Does anyone know when or how often the xbox.com punch card updates? I bought four $20 games on demand between 7 and 10 days ago but none are showing up yet. Tomorrow is the last day for the buy 5 games get 1600 MSP deal, and I only want to buy another game if it triggers the deal.

Borderlands 2 + everything on sale except Creature Slaughter Dome, which looked small and stupid to have to pay extra for.
Yeesh, that's too bad, since the Creature Slaughterdome might be the most fun of BL2's 3 arenas. Don't fear, though, since I believe it's a viral unlock, and you only need to enter it in a co-op game to unlock permanently.

BTW, all the "unconfirmed" markdowns in July are now confirmed except for MGS:pW ... conversely, "Hitman: Blood Money" is now marked down to $19.99.

Yeesh, that's too bad, since the Creature Slaughterdome might be the most fun of BL2's 3 arenas. Don't fear, though, since I believe it's a viral unlock, and you only need to enter it in a co-op game to unlock permanently.

BTW, all the "unconfirmed" markdowns in July are now confirmed except for MGS:pW ... conversely, "Hitman: Blood Money" is now marked down to $19.99.
Thanks, I'd update the OP right now if CAG wasn't being so flaky for me. I am randomly getting timed out in IE. Chrome isn't even opening CAG and Firefox is very spotty. Hopefully everything is running better tomorrow when we find out the new deals.

^ I'm pretty much done with this franchise. It's a chore to play (liked only ACII). That said, i will add the free game to my download history, since don't own the disc anymore.

What the hell number discounts are those. They are probably calculating what the price would be before taxes and when they convert to money and add tax it will end in the usual numbers 40, 60 etc. I really hope we get an amazing bunch of deals tomorrow, I want to get rid of as many points as possible before the conversion.

Not sure why so many people are mystified by the discount numbers. It's a 33% discount rounded to the nearest point.
Yup. And since your points are going to be converted into real currency anyway, there's not really that big of a deal in having an odd amount of MSP in your account. Once currency hits, everyone is gonna have odd amounts thanks to $x.99 pricing and taxes.

I really hope we get an amazing bunch of deals tomorrow, I want to get rid of as many points as possible before the conversion.
are the ass creed dlc discounts not the deal of the week? I hope not but major nelson did post about it on his site like he usually does for DoTW

are the ass creed dlc discounts not the deal of the week? I hope not but major nelson did post about it on his site like he usually does for DoTW
He said those sales were for the rest of the month so it's a fair guess that the DOTW will be separate.

Yup. And since your points are going to be converted into real currency anyway, there's not really that big of a deal in having an odd amount of MSP in your account. Once currency hits, everyone is gonna have odd amounts thanks to $x.99 pricing and taxes.
They're still not going to let us charge the exact amount?

They're still not going to let us charge the exact amount?
I don't know. I'd assume if you want to buy a $10.67 game and you have $2 in your wallet, they'll let you charge $8.67 and buy the game. But that's just an assumption.

I was more talking about the people who have points or credit on their account, they're going to have odd amounts in their after they make 1 purchase due to taxes.

I'll try Fallout 3 again. I think it would be better if I fight a group of enemies with guns and single enemies with a melee weapon. Getting poisoned and walking at a snail's pace is a pain in the ass though (even when my health is at full). This game definitely takes some getting use to.

My Xbox Gold expired last week. Would you guys recommend renewing it now and buying Dishonored at $20 or waiting for Assassin's Creed 2 tomorrow and doing it then?

I'll try Fallout 3 again. I think it would be better if I fight a group of enemies with guns and single enemies with a melee weapon. Getting poisoned and walking at a snail's pace is a pain in the ass though (even when my health is at full). This game definitely takes some getting use to.

My Xbox Gold expired last week. Would you guys recommend renewing it now and buying Dishonored at $20 or waiting for Assassin's Creed 2 tomorrow and doing it then?
Not sure if you're already doing this but holstering your weapon (even just fists I think) makes you move faster. Hold X on xbox.

Depends how much you like stealth games, my buddy loves them so he was waiting for dishonored to be $20 and jumped on it and is enjoying it. I'm not much of a stealth gamer so I would only get it for $10 or less if I needed a new game.

Two more arcades are delisted. War of the Worlds and Days of Thunder.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n13925/two-more-xbla-titles-are-delisted.htm

In case anyone cares.
Damn, I'm kinda bummed. Was waiting for War of the Worlds to go on sale. I'm one of two people who really enjoyed Deadlight, and the demo for this made it seem like a similar game.

Also this thread looks somewhat disjointed, like large sets of posts have been pruned from it. Is that because of the site instability or were there some major off-topicness going on?

EDIT: I found this comment from the TrueAchievments article rather interesting...never heard this about conversion rates, but I guess it makes sense.
is that the percentage of trial downloads that became full purchases was less than 6% and the games both qualified for removal under that clause.

New deal time!

Lost planet 1 and 2, dark void, and Devil may cry 4 for $5. Mortal Kombat for $10, those are the best so far.
Few others, check xbldb.

Damn, I'm kinda bummed. Was waiting for War of the Worlds to go on sale. I'm one of two people who really enjoyed Deadlight, and the demo for this made it seem like a similar game.
Same here, I absolutely love the original H.G. Wells book. I was waiting for a 400 MSP sale, as the $10 price and fifty-five metacritic score devalued it, in my opinion.

Also this thread looks somewhat disjointed, like large sets of posts have been pruned from it. Is that because of the site instability or were there some major off-topicness going on?
Off-topicness.

New deal time!

Lost planet 1 and 2, dark void, and Devil may cry 4 for $5. Mortal Kombat for $10, those are the best so far.
Few others, check xbldb.
Asura's Wrath is 800 MSP, tempting me to rebuy. Really enjoyed the game on PS3.

Also, new deals hit xbldb.

(Deal of the Week?)

Mortal Kombat - 800 MSP (Gold Exclusive)

Assassin's Creed - 1200 MSP (Yes, the original) (Gold Exclusive)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 1200 MSP (Gold Exclusive)

(Capcom Sale?)

Asura's Wrath - 800 MSP

Devil May Cry 4 - 400 MSP

Lost Planet 2 - 400 MSP

Lost Planet: Colonies - 400 MSP

Dark Void - 400 MSP

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - 1200 MSP

Resident Evil 5 - 800 MSP

Also, don't forget to download your free Assassin's Creed II tomorrow!

Definitely a Capcom sale, good catch.

The AC stuff isn't part of DotW.  Mortal Kombat must be, hope it's not just an MK sale this week.  I'm ready for some good XBLA games to be on sale, it's been a while.  There's a lot of spring XBLA releases I'd be happy to grab for $5.

Definitely a Capcom sale, good catch.

The AC stuff isn't part of DotW. Mortal Kombat must be, hope it's not just an MK sale this week. I'm ready for some good XBLA games to be on sale, it's been a while. There's a lot of spring XBLA releases I'd be happy to grab for $5.
Right, I forgot this was posted by Major Nelson. I guess it will be a Mortal Kombat deal of the week.

Assassin’s Creed $19.99 to $14.99 USD

Assassin’s Creed II Sequence 12: Battle of Forli 320 to 214 MSP

AC II Sequence 13 : Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations 560 to 375

MSP Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood $19.99 to $14.99 USD

ACB – The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC 800 to 536

MSP Assassin’s Creed Revelations $19.99 to $14.99 USD

ACRs — The Lost Archive 800 to 536 MSP

ACR — Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack 800 to 536 MSP

Assassin’s Creed® III Season Pass 2400 to 1600 MSP

and so far nothing for me again this week. Tried the demo for Asura's Wrath and didn't like it (too many QTEs for my taste, which is odd since I loved Heavy Rain). I guess I will just grab ACII for free tomorrow, though who knows when I'll get around to playing it again (rented it on PS3). Time to hit the books backlog some more ;)

They're really going to put the DLC on sale for those weird prices? It's not like they're sensible prices in cash either.

214 points is $2.675

375 points is $4.6875

536 points is $6.70

They're really going to put the DLC on sale for those weird prices? It's not like they're sensible prices in cash either.

214 points is $2.675

375 points is $4.6875

536 points is $6.70
Yeah, I thought it was a typo at first, but according to Major Nelson, those are the right prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back