XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
i plan on picking up both of the Megaman games (9 & 10) by next monday, but if i could only choose one of them to buy right now, which one would you hardcore Megaman fans suggest to pick up first?
Haven't played either but I've heard from numerous people that 9 is the better game but also the harder of the two. 9 is considered a more hardcore experience. Certainly don't expect to get full achievements on these though.

If you're new to the series or haven't really played the harder NES games, I'd say go with Mega Man 10 since it has an easy mode option for those who get too frustrated with how difficult some parts are.

If you're used to the difficulty of classic Mega Man games though then I'd say go with 9 first. Both are superb though! :)
Haven't played either but I've heard from numerous people that 9 is the better game but also the harder of the two. 9 is considered a more hardcore experience. Certainly don't expect to get full achievements on these though.
Thx for the input everyone, i enjoyed both demos. Ive played all the classics on all the original consoles (even own a few) I had my eyes on 9 for some weekend fun. plan on picking up the other on payday. 9 It is!

Grabbed Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Skipped the DLC.

Tempted by Third Strike, but I've had my fill of fighting games recently, and I am not even that big fan of the genre.

So far picked up Mega Man 9 (finally on sale) and free AC2 (not sure why I did since I already 1000/1000 it). 

On the fence for...

- Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2

- Devil May Cry 4

I'd probably go with the Komplete Edition of MK over the 10 dollar vanilla one they are offering. You can find it for 20 dollars most places, and you get more than 10 bucks worth of content. I know the season pass is on sale this week as well but there are a few costumes you are still missing out on if you only get the season pass (if that matters to you).

It's DLC so you still need the game.
Oh shit, oops. I had this listed wrong in the OP. I thought the Kinectimals: Now with Bears was the digital version of this, but apparently it isn't. It's just DLC. I'll correct it right away.

i plan on picking up both of the Megaman games (9 & 10) by next monday, but if i could only choose one of them to buy right now, which one would you hardcore Megaman fans suggest to pick up first?
I liked 9 quite a bit better.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not. But these Bundles are going to be a common thing now apparently:

http://s12.postimg.org/cb1bvtiod/XBLABundles.png

So that's 3 out now, this Kinect Bundle, the Beautiful Puzzle Bundle, and the Twisted Pixel Bundle.

There are 4 more planned: A Ninja Bee Bundle, A Hack N Slash Bundle, a Schmup Bundle, and I guess a Random Bundle.

So far I believe that the launch prices are always going to be a Limited Time Deal so just be sure to grab them fast

I find it so hard to support these sales because the prices on the games that are good I either are already own or have dead multiplayer, and the games I want but don't have yet are never lower than Amazon. Mortal Kombat Komplete is cheaper than MK + season pass, and comes with skins. Bummer.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not. But these Bundles are going to be a common thing now apparently:

So that's 3 out now, this Kinect Bundle, the Beautiful Puzzle Bundle, and the Twisted Pixel Bundle.

There are 4 more planned: A Ninja Bee Bundle, A Hack N Slash Bundle, a Schmup Bundle, and I guess a Random Bundle.

So far I believe that the launch prices are always going to be a Limited Time Deal so just be sure to grab them fast
If they release the Hack N Slash Bundle for 800Msp ill buy it I only own one game in that bundle and its Unbound Saga.

A bundle of 5 games was just released for 800 msp. Twisted Pixel bundle (only 4 games) also launched at 800 so it not unreasonable to think it's possible.
Yes but both of those bundles included games that had been given away for free several times. Hey, I hope I'm wrong and they are cheaper but I doubt it

(I kinda feel sorry for anyone who actually paid for The Maw, and I can't believe it's not just free by now as much as they given it away)

So far picked up Mega Man 9 (finally on sale) and free AC2 (not sure why I did since I already 1000/1000 it).

On the fence for...

- Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2

- Devil May Cry 4
If achievements matter to you, I would avoid Lost Planet: Colonies. There are very few single player achievements, and considering the age of the game, I wouldn't count on getting any of the multiplayer ones. GameStop has the regular edition (with an entirely different set of achievements, many of them for single player) available for $2.99 pre-owned.

Yes but both of those bundles included games that had been given away for free several times. Hey, I hope I'm wrong and they are cheaper but I doubt it

(I kinda feel sorry for anyone who actually paid for The Maw, and I can't believe it's not just free by now as much as they given it away)
I doubt it too, I just think it could be possible. Just give it a month The Maw will probably be part of the games with gold promo, lol.

If somehow that Ninja Bee Bundle hits 800 MSP I may buy it, even though I have 3 of the games. It would be like getting Band of Bugs free with Ancients of Ooga, which would be the best deal Ancients of Ooga has ever had.

Also, I'll put the current bundles in the OP tomorrow. So the Beautiful Puzzle at 1200 and Kinect Bundle at 800 are probably both sales?

If somehow that Ninja Bee Bundle hits 800 MSP I may buy it, even though I have 3 of the games. It would be like getting Band of Bugs free with Ancients of Ooga, which would be the best deal Ancients of Ooga has ever had.

Also, I'll put the current bundles in the OP tomorrow. So the Beautiful Puzzle at 1200 and Kinect Bundle at 800 are probably both sales?
According to PlayXBLA, the Beatuiful Puzzle bundle is a sale price at 1200

"It’s time that we brought you another insanely crazy bundle offer! In this bundle you’ll receive four full Xbox LIVE Arcade titles: “Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet,” “The Splatters,” “ilomilo,” and “Lazy Raiders.” For all these you would normally pay 3200 MSP, but for a VERY limited time you can snatch em’ up for only 1200 MSP! "

I Want to get Dark Void only because it's 400 points and really no other reason. This site is terrible at hitting the common sense button.

I Want to get Dark Void only because it's 400 points and really no other reason. This site is terrible at hitting the common sense button.
Dark Void is only $3.99 at Gamestop, so I really wouldn't recommend anyone buying it On Demand, it also isn't a game that I would want taking up Hard Drive space

But to each his own

According to PlayXBLA, the Beatuiful Puzzle bundle is a sale price at 1200

"It’s time that we brought you another insanely crazy bundle offer! In this bundle you’ll receive four full Xbox LIVE Arcade titles: “Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet,” “The Splatters,” “ilomilo,” and “Lazy Raiders.” For all these you would normally pay 3200 MSP, but for a VERY limited time you can snatch em’ up for only 1200 MSP! "
Shit, is there a way to buy that bundle on the Xbox console? (Beta dashboard)

Excluding the NinjaBee bundle, I own EVERY ONE of the bundled games. Too bad we can't see these coming years ahead of time, right? :p

If the NinjaBee bundle does happen to hit at 800 - which wouldn't totally surprise me since every game in it is older than dirt - I'd get it for Ancients of Ooga and Cloning Clyde.

I see tekken tag 2 is 19.99 at gamestop. Not if i should get umvc 3 or ttt 2
Ultimate Marvel has a high learning curve and bad netcode. If you're going to play locally I'd get Marvel. If not then get TTT 2.

Also beware Marvel is a VERY FAST paced game that requires a lot of precision with air attacks.

im looking for a good deal on msp, no one is responding though :( tomorrow is my day off and i have been foaming at the mouth for some Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for some reason... its been a long time since I have donned the pink gi...

im looking for a good deal on msp, no one is responding though :( tomorrow is my day off and i have been foaming at the mouth for some Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for some reason... its been a long time since I have donned the pink gi...
The only place that I know of that consistently has deals is crazygametime - I don't know if you can consider them "good", but it's better than buying them at full price ;)

I love old-school games, picked up the Capcom Arcade all in one bundle today. At $15, I still think it's a bit overpriced. Oh well.
I was wondering at the lack of discussion about this bundle. The games seem perhaps a bit too old-school for my liking.

So far I've considered and talked myself out of Capcom Arcade, the Kinect bundle, the DMC HD collection. Strongly considering Asura's Wrath, and am on the fence regarding the puzzle collection.

The only place that I know of that consistently has deals is crazygametime - I don't know if you can consider them "good", but it's better than buying them at full price ;)
i just redeemed my bing codes... i have enough to snag MK right now... the best offer i could find on MSP was 23 bucks for 2400 pts. I was kinda hoping for something lower because im on a budget, yes dollars could make or break me.

i really want UMVC3 and SSF4AE along with picking up MK but if i cant nab a better deal on 2400 msp i may just get SSF4AE and MK. that should keep me occupied by the time i have enough to snag something coming out down the road to feed my Fighter Fetish

I was wondering at the lack of discussion about this bundle. The games seem perhaps a bit too old-school for my liking.

So far I've considered and talked myself out of Capcom Arcade, the Kinect bundle, the DMC HD collection. Strongly considering Asura's Wrath, and am on the fence regarding the puzzle collection.
I'll help you out on deciding with the puzzle collection.

Lowest prices the games have been:

ilomilo -> 400 points (it has been on sale twice this year already)

The Splatters -> 200 points (December 2012 end of the year sale)

Insanely Twisted -> 600 points (December 2011 [end of the year?] sale)

Lazy Raiders -> 400 points (May 2010, has only been on sale ONCE)

I bought Mortal Kombat earlier. Had 800 points saved up from Bing so I decided what ever. Had no plan in wanting it or buying it before but I guess what ever right? I haven't tried Multplayer yet cause I'm still learning the ropes on playing a fighting game again. Even though these games are old and stuff I'm really happy to see Microsoft having these blow out sales. Only thing not happy is my Wallet =\

I bought Mortal Kombat earlier. Had 800 points saved up from Bing so I decided what ever. Had no plan in wanting it or buying it before but I guess what ever right? I haven't tried Multplayer yet cause I'm still learning the ropes on playing a fighting game again. Even though these games are old and stuff I'm really happy to see Microsoft having these blow out sales. Only thing not happy is my Wallet =\
i know what you mean... i hated clocking the hours i did today, it was all over time... and i wont get the pay from it for another 2 weeks. DX

Its all good though, 50 hours this week, and im scheduled for 44 next week. that comes out to like 95 hours because of the time and a half rule.

it just sucks because this deal was made for me, but my dumbass spent 1600 last week buying dragonborn DLC(which i absolutely love by the way, but it could have waited)

re: Asura's Wrath

Does that Episode Pack include those two, Episode 11.5 and 15.5? The description on Xbox.com is awful...undescriptive. Doesn't say what's in the Episode Pack.
Nope there's no pack that combines DLC episodes. Basically if you want the true ending to the game you need to buy Part IV. The other two just fill in some gaps. I just started playing the game and don't get the story at all though as it seems like a rather all over the place manga. Probably half the reason why the product description makes no sense. So I'm not sure if the extra episode will matter for me or not. I'll probably still grab it though as I doubt this sale will reoccur anytime soon.

I paid for the Maw and it's DLC back in 2009 when it was on Dotw lol

I picked up Asura's Wrath and the Episode Pack. My question is, though, are the Episode 11.5 and 15.5 worth it and/or necessary at all?
You don't get direct control of your character in 11.5 & 15.5 and IMO they do very little to add to the story. I'd recommend skipping those two and getting the other DLC.

You don't get direct control of your character in 11.5 & 15.5 and IMO they do very little to add to the story. I'd recommend skipping those two and getting the other DLC.
Gotta agree with this. They're just anime cutscenes that fill in part of the story of what happens between certain chapters (11.5 fills in between 11 & 12 and 15.5 fills in between 15 & 16). The DLC that's worth it is Chapter IV and if you want to fight against Ryu & Akuma, Lost Episodes.

Ive never played any Devil May Cry before is the HD collection worth it at $15? How about DMC4 at $5?
The HD collection is good but DMC 2 is a pretty bad game by all accounts but the first is still interesting and the third is a classic. DMC 4 isn't worth it mainly because the disc is about the same price used and only going down in price.

I updated the OP with the bundle info.  When you guys see new bundles hit the market, make sure to post the info here and I'll add it to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back