XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with my 3200 points I hauled in:

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Mortal Kombat

so happy to have some good fighters that people are still playing at my fingertips on my HD now!

not much chatter about AC: brotherhood/revelations, are they worth 1200msp?
I loved the first and second AC games, but didn't like brotherhood (the last mission and end of the game were just bad and done for shock value in my opinion), and revelations got so dumb that I quit in the middle of it and don't plan to play it again. That said, definitely go for disc copies, as they have been super cheap.

I loved the DMC series..until 3. Didn't like the added difficulty. Two was my favorite because I could hook up the street fighter anniversary fight stick and have a blast flipping around taking out enemies with guns and swords. Thought 4 was good too. The difficulty for easy and normal were just right. Sometimes I just like to kick ass when I play...
THAT is a first. I went though on hard and never died, not a DMC game I can respect. In fact, I would buy the HD pack if DMC 2 were not included. I like 3 just fine, best gameplay of the series. After the wooden board they gave us in 2, it seems like they went a little over the tip with Dante in 3. DMC 1 is the perfect mix for me.

Is that a real life? Never thought i would hear that someone is liking DMC2 most in this series. :p

Man, what a insult was this game after awesome first part. I bought HD collection first day, completed 100% 1 and 3, will never, ever boot the second part.

Ehh, I'm assuming they pulled it for some other reason.

What would've been the point in only having it available for what, 2 days?

Pretty sure they just meant the price would be limited time.

The Twisted Pixel Bundle is still available, just not at a sale price

Are there any story elements from Assassin's Creed 1 that I should know about before playing Assassin's Creed 2 or can you jump in without any confusion? The first game was too boring for me to finish, but the trials I've played of the other games were more fun.

I thought it was boring at first but about half way thru the story and better gameplay mechanics kept me interested that I had to finish. Go back and give it a try.

The last few weeks has been a sharknado of surprising activity for this thread. When I bought all the discounted Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Dishonored DLC last week, a monkey wrench is thrown into the thought I would get to my backlog. I just only recently recovered from last weekend's Evolution Fighting Game tournaments (it has sure grown from my arcade cabinet and Hamasaki Ayumi days), and Capcom throws this sale at me. Coupled with the legendary Steam sales (thanks MrNinjaSquirrel) and my promise to see Pacific Rim the following weekend with friends, my wallet has never ached so much. I feel the burn, it will ache in the morning, that's just because my wallet has never been pushed to this limit.

I apologize for all the fighting game typing that is to commence, I love the games despite being awful at them. The timing and contents of this sale involving a few causes a long post. I'm still on a high from last weekend. You can always skip by my post ^^.

So I take it most of you guys will bear with it and play with the 360 controller for the fighting games? I got SSIVAE from newegg for $10 it didn't feel right. Heck playing the demo for MM10 didn't feel right without a standard d-pad. Maybe I should suck it up?
I spend most of my time on the 360, I find the controllers for the system lacking for my muscle memory in fighting games. I am a pad player and I have been trying to transition to stick for decades (my preferences for stick aren't available in any commercially available product: Seimitsu stick, Sanwa buttons, Sega Astro City button layout, new Hori wider stick-to-button spacing but for Marvel Vs. series I want a Happ stick). No matter what, I always go back to pad because my execution is far superior on that than on stick, but I've done fine with Nintendo's D-pad, Sega's Saturn and Dreamcast D-pads, even abrasive callus-causing Sony Playstation D-pads, but on the 360 I've bought/tried a large variety in hopes to match my love for the Sega Saturn pad, all to some level of disappointment.

My thoughts on various controllers (not joysticks) I have on the 360 for fighting games:[customspoiler="360 pads"]
The stock 360 controller is great at everything but the D-pad, I do not use analog sticks for fighting (nor 2D platformers and brawlers) games because the throw (thumb distance traveled) is too great for immediate quick movements. The original stock 360's D-pad slid and tilted along the fulcrum which was problematic for me, while the newer transforming D-pad are better (not by much) but has durability issues with the tensile strength of the thin central post connecting to the larger hollow surface area of the cross portion of the D-pad (I broke so many of these from just non-harsh regular play, Best Buy's 2-year replacement plan makes it tolerable but still costly).

The Madcatz pads I feel have a very soft/loose D-pad which I think is too close to the left edge of the pad (to make space for artwork, a no-no for me sacrificing controller functionality) also the D-pad is oversized and smooth so the throw can increase especially if you're on defense or using a charge character (namely my choice Vega/Bison, Guile, etc.) making my play less effective when my thumb slides away from the center (however, I can see this pad benefiting my avoided grapple styled characters like Zangief and T.Hawk, yuck XP). [EDIT: I noticed checking over the link, it appears the newer SFxT Madcatz pads have a slightly redesigned from factor from the SF4 ones I tried, so I cannot access them because I don't want to buy them based on my poor background with the initial offering of this line of pads]

The PDP pads are what I am currently using while playing Radiant Silvergun to replicate my time playing the game on Saturn. I like the buttons (and layout) the microswitches and smooth short form factor may allow for a thumb to press one button then another in extremely quick succession cleanly. However the round surface of the "D-pad" doesn't give me any good tactile sense for a diagonal. The microswitches linked for the 4 primary directions does not have enough deadzone to adjust, so I feel I have to exaggerate dragon punch motions to the detriment of play to make sure I let go of a direction before inputting the next part of the motion.

In the end, I am currently sacrificing the 6 face buttons when I use the stock transforming D-pad 360 pads for fighting games. I'm practically embarrassed of my 360 fighting game play, because I fumble too much with the controller. I keep buying fighting games for the 360 because I spend more time on the system (the VGA cable allows me to use my still kicking CRT monitor) for many other games. Also some fighting games just performs better in terms of input feel to me on the 360. One day, if my income provides, I still intend on getting some converter with 0-input lag for my Sega Saturn controllers (been stockpiling them, avoiding the many Chinese knockoffs) to use on my 360.[/customspoiler]

Ducktales will be released on Sept 11 on XBLA. Release date is August 13th on PC/WiiU/PS3, I wonder if Summer of Arcade is to blame for the delayed release on 360...
That would be my guess too. Strangely enough, Ducktales is part of the PS3's equivalent to Summer of Arcade (but less on exclusives) and they have a mild rebate offer which seems like more value than the Summer of Arcade's singular microtransaction offer for Ascend: Hand of Kul when the promotions end. I really do want to play Ducktales too and this is the same issue where Summer of Arcade took so much precedence that I opted for a mild discount for an immediate release purchase on the PS3 for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game (but I ended out double dipping because I loved it so much). Well, if Summer of Arcade is going to deny us access to a potentially great game, lets hope they have great sales hand in hand with the promotion. Want the game, want the sales. Okay Xbox, your time to shine, this is your moment ^^.

I have to admit that I'm thinking about picking up MvC3 solely because it's the closest thing we've had to a new Strider game in the past 10 years. :bomb:
Oh you set this up didn't you ... your luck is amazing. Quick, ask for a new GigaWing, Power Stone, Justice Gakuen, or GunSpike! You love it, don't you, you love it when Capcom gives you everything they have to your face! (Okay, granted it is a Double Helix developed, but still a Capcom + Moto Kikaku game! They're busy churning this out with the new Killer Instinct.)

So much Capcom this week, and even when you're not into fighting games, that's what makes this week's discounts so great. You want QTEs with some mild on-rails shooting in an anime aesthetic, Azura's Wrath. Old school platformers, this sale has Megaman 9 and 10 50% off (I really do like 9 more than 10, both are great still). Classic arcade games? Final Fight: Double Impact and Capcom Arcade Cabinet has that covered. It's a great sale that has a good variety at pretty good prices. Throw in Ubisoft for their Assassin's Creed, at a great price of free for the second game which I already owned but great to have digitally (sadly I learned the series is not my cup of tea, but I recognize it appeals to many). Even EA's Crysis 3 DLC fills in the FPS part for a discount. Seems like everyone is contributing to discounts to make you and I happy.

I really value everyone's input on the Devil May Cry games because I skipped the whole series. In its day, it didn't seem to offer me what I wanted in a game, but now I may approach it with a more open mind since I had so much fun with Bayonetta (I'm looking forward to the sequel), I may enjoy exploring down and back through its lineage of game design. This is an opportune time with all the discounts to get the games remastered and cheap. The issue is the time I may need to put into the games so they can be in and out of my backlog fast.

No more 1 month Bing codes which used to turn out to be a year (I unceremoniously found out it didn't work about the same time Gooseler did, the error was fixed probably exactly when my one and only Bing account had enough to redeem, but I am not upset, it's still essentially a free month and that's just my kind of luck that I'd miss out, nothing new for me) of Gold Membership. It's not as worthwhile when the actual Gold exclusive DotW is my personally hated Mortal Kombat series. Sorry Juice el Savior, I never liked the Mortal Kombat series, it was amongst the games which took away a large number of my competition/victims on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (X), along with Primal Rage and Killer Instinct, so you're gonna get nothing but hate from me ^^. I got lonely at my machine (to my consolation for sticking with my game, at least its play is still strong decades later). So for those not like me who enjoy Mortal Kombat, they get blessed with some discounts too, and at least a complete edition is available for that game, whereas I have to pay exactly the disc price again ($15USD) for an upgrade DLC when I thought I had the last edition (that KI panel mentioned this overpaying issue will not happen with the structure of distribution on the next console, time will tell).

Next week, doesn't appear to have any discounts which involve me based on Major Nelson's listing, so I may get the time I need to work more on the backlog. It is great to see all the XBLA bundles, finally bundle options are available to bring prices down further, but I've been grabbing too much that I'd already have 50-75% of a bundle already such that the remainder is not worth the price for me. I only wish I can gift some of my old purchases to friends ^^.

Through the week, I've shared the anxiety about the upcoming transition of Microsoft Points to local currencies with others here. Aside from losing the potential discount possibility of MSP, I gain new problems. In my municipality in particular, the numbers after tax and silly $X.99 pricing will just cause me to have some manner of balance on my accounts. It concerns me more since I actually import games and buy their DLC; they all can't be like Mushihime-sama Futari ver 1.5 where the DLC is readily available on the US marketplace, titles like Bullet Soul, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, and Eschatos has content that I want which require me to have a foreign Live account in order to obtain on the 360 (in a legal-ish I paid for it manner) and I do not want to have an outstanding balance for those specific accounts. The converted funds expiring adds to the headache and makes me rush to get the content. For those in the beta dashboard, I wish you contribute towards ironing out the issues before problems hit me, I appreciate you guys on the front lines.

They have released the action pack - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Action-Packed-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411416

It's funny how the price jumps to 1600 msp, when the only good game there is Dishwasher: VS
Bloodforge is good. But yeah, that 1600 MSP price tag basically crushes my hopes that the NinjaBee one will be 800.

That would be my guess too. Strangely enough, Ducktales is part of the PS3's equivalent to Summer of Arcade (but less on exclusives) and they have a mild rebate offer which seems like more value than the Summer of Arcade's singular microtransaction offer for Ascend: Hand of Kul when the promotions end. I really do want to play Ducktales too and this is the same issue where Summer of Arcade took so much precedence that I opted for a mild discount for an immediate release purchase on the PS3 for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game (but I ended out double dipping because I loved it so much). Well, if Summer of Arcade is going to deny us access to a potentially great game, lets hope they have great sales hand in hand with the promotion. Want the game, want the sales. Okay Xbox, your time to shine, this is your moment ^^.
Unless I missed some unannounced exclusivity agreements, PSN Play actually has 1 more console exclusive than Summer of Arcade does (Stealth Inc & Ibb and Obb on PS3; Charlie Murder on 360). All the rest of the games will be on both consoles, some just at different times.

And I actually don't think Summer of Arcade is denying 360 owners access to Ducktales. My guess is PS3 locked it up as a timed exclusive.

Strider looks like fun from the trailer but Double Helix hasn't had the best track record. Capcom has all this great IP and they just love to set it up to die off. I don't think we'll see another Bionic Commando game. I'm really glad we got Rearmed though. Wish that would come to the VITA. Ugh. We need quality out of these past favorites.

Is that a real life? Never thought i would hear that someone is liking DMC2 most in this series. :p

Man, what a insult was this game after awesome first part. I bought HD collection first day, completed 100% 1 and 3, will never, ever boot the second part.
:) Yes I'm a real life. Something about two just clicked with me. I enjoyed 1 as well. I've really become a casual gamer in the sense that I enjoy the ride more than the challenge so 3 just ticked me off right away. I'm sure I'll get into it with more time.

In regards to Asura....the reviews keep talking about how you play for maybe 1/3 of the game and watch clips for the other 2/3. This is kind of discouraging me from picking it up. Any CAGs that owned the game find that a turn off?

:) Yes I'm a real life. Something about two just clicked with me. I enjoyed 1 as well. I've really become a casual gamer in the sense that I enjoy the ride more than the challenge so 3 just ticked me off right away. I'm sure I'll get into it with more time.

In regards to Asura....the reviews keep talking about how you play for maybe 1/3 of the game and watch clips for the other 2/3. This is kind of discouraging me from picking it up. Any CAGs that owned the game find that a turn off?
I bought Asura's Wrath when it first released and I LOVE IT. Picking it up for $9.99 is totally worth it. Its equally playing/watching, but its a complete breath of fresh air from the very common games that plague are market now. It's easily worth the price of admission and while your at it, pick up the DLC. If you have to go with just one, pick up Episode IV DLC. You won't regret it.

Hey Crono i did pick up SSF4AE and UMvC3 as well... just sayin...

i never liked mortal kombat until a few years ago really, im still a capcom/snk fan at heart but i loved the story mode in MK9 so much that it was worth it to me to nab it at that price.

Not worth it.

Get Vol. 1 and Vol 2. of the Capcom Classics Collection instead for PS2/Xbox 1.

Way better selection of games for about the same price.
I won't. :) The cabinet Is actually free from the demo. So the 200 MSP is just for the first three games? I can't believe I have to give 1.6GB to a stupid app to run emulation on my nearly full HDD. Each game should be a few MBs.

The demo for Asura's Wrath got me intrigued about the story, but I don't think there's enough game there for me to drop 800+ msp to add it to my backlog. I think I'll look for walkthroughs on YouTube instead...

I agree, Ducktales being a timed exclusive for the PS3 does sound more likely.
I apologize for my poor wording in my last post. I just wanted to express my impatience in enjoying an old favorite of mine. I loved Ducktales on the NES, and I am really looking forward to this new release. I do not believe it is a timed exclusive (besides it is also releasing on the Wii-U and PC alongside the PS3), I believe the game's delayed release on XBLA is due to the Summer of Arcade promotion. In addition, other platforms seem to offer the game via promotion for a slightly lower price (i.e. PSN's summer digital game promotion offers a rebate which stacks with another discount on the titles for PSN subscribers). My tantrum originates from my preference to playing the game on the 360, but after my nerdrage subsided a friend did assure me that I'd most likely wait for the game to be on a larger discount before purchasing. However, my nostalgia for Ducktales is quite strong such that I was considering a near full initial release price purchase. A similar situation happened before with Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game as the game was (800MSP/$10USD) but its release was delayed due to Summer of Arcade, such that it appeared first, on time, for PSN and the initial release price was slightly lower ($8 or $9USD), and my fanaticism for the material (original comic, haven't seen film yet) finalized my decision to choose to buy it there. It worked out in the end, since I do spend more time on my 360 (for reasons) and the game was offered for less eventually. This time around, Ducktales is at 1200MSP ($15USD) which is "high" for me; moreover, by the time the game is on discount on XBLA, the MSP to currency conversion would have happened and I know my state would charge more tax on it for me than anyone else here. I just cannot win.

Not sure if posted yet, but apparently Pinball Arcade and all dlc's are delisted from marketplace.
I hope this is an indication it is just a reorganization of publishing policies to allow for the developer to self-publish on XBL. All the other platforms had more DLC and continued updates for this title (and discounts) which never arrived on the 360 because they were not required to have an approved publisher. On the 360 the issues I read were due to the approved publisher going through a long bankruptcy process which made it so we didn't get new tables/updates =/. I only hope it means we get the game with updates and the new tables, I think someone even mentioned on this thread once that when the situation settles, the developers may give 360 players a discount for the title! Maybe they're improving the game (as they are elsewhere with better lighting) for rerelease on XBLA. Of course that's assuming this isn't a permanent delisting, as I do enjoy pinball.

That's your own opinion but I think Islands of Wakfu is a pretty good game. Probably one of the most overlooked games on the XBLA Marketplace.
I overlooked the hell out of this game. I know nothing of it, and apparently I must've passed on it when it was last on discount according to xbldb. I will say, the game is pretty looking, like my visual impressions of Bastion. I do hope the individual title gets a discount and catches me at an opportune time, either my mood to play a game of its type or less unlikely I have little else on my backlog to play on the 360.

Which dlc in Asura let's you fight Ryu, Akuma, Megaman, Wesker, Dante, and Frank West?
The ones not on discount, Lost Episode 1 and Lost Episode 2 are the ones which feature Ryu and Gouki/Akuma respectively. I've not started Asura's Wrath yet, so I do not know when those chapters occur or more likely they are just non-canon side stories. I do know Asura's Wrath does have an achievement which may be embarrassing to have (1:15 for Asura's Wrath specifically). [EDIT: Ack, looks like gunnm answered already ... with a cool Megaman pic instead of Gally =(]

holy shit, it's in a 2d metroidvania style open world. capcom, you have my attention. please rip off shadow complex/metroid as much as possible.
I remember the NES version had similar features like requiring magnetic boots acquired from one stage to access locations in a prior area. It was a fine game in its day too. The metroidvania style works with Strider since it has been done before, and practically every game in the genre appeals to me. Watching the extended play of the game it sure looks the part, I'm anxious to play this for myself.

Strider looks like fun from the trailer but Double Helix hasn't had the best track record. Capcom has all this great IP and they just love to set it up to die off. I don't think we'll see another Bionic Commando game. I'm really glad we got Rearmed though. Wish that would come to the VITA. Ugh. We need quality out of these past favorites.
The only Double Helix game I've played was Front Mission Evolved, it was, umm, uhhh, I can say it was ... oh yeah! ... it released the same day as Halo Reach in the USA ... that's good, right?

Now that San Diego Comic-Con is on, they keep throwing more news of games I get excited about not just the new Strider but also Soul Calibur 2 HD Online is to be on XBLA. Even Square-Enix got in to throw some Comic-con 360 trailers. My 360 just keeps offering stuff for me that I really can easily wait out for the X1 to be cheaper ^^.

I apologize for my poor wording in my last post. I just wanted to express my impatience in enjoying an old favorite of mine. I loved Ducktales on the NES, and I am really looking forward to this new release. I do not believe it is a timed exclusive (besides it is also releasing on the Wii-U and PC alongside the PS3), I believe the game's delayed release on XBLA is due to the Summer of Arcade promotion. In addition, other platforms seem to offer the game via promotion for a slightly lower price (i.e. PSN's summer digital game promotion offers a rebate which stacks with a discount for their subscription service). My tantrum originates from my preference to playing the game on the 360, but after my nerdrage subsided a friend did assure me that I'd most likely wait for the game to be on a larger discount before purchasing. However, my nostalgia for Ducktales is quite strong such that I was considering a near full initial release price purchase. A similar situation happened before with Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game as the game was (800MSP/$10USD) but its release was delayed due to Summer of Arcade, such that it appeared first, on time, for PSN and the initial release price was slightly lower ($8 or $9USD), and my fanaticism for the material (original comic, haven't seen film yet) finalized my decision to choose to buy it there. It worked out in the end, since I do spend more time on my 360 (for reasons) and the game was offered for less eventually. This time around, Ducktales is at 1200MSP ($15USD) which is "high" for me; moreover, by the time the game is on discount on XBLA, the MSP to currency conversion would have happened and I know my state would charge more tax on it for me than anyone else here. I just cannot win.
Yeah, I'm just gonna buy Ducktales on PSN. I don't really have a preference in regards to which system I get, except I do like Avatar Awards which this game has (just two t-shirts, but still cool). But since I'm pretty sure I'll be buying all of the games eligible for that rebate you're talking about (all 4 are either platformers or puzzle-platformers, right in my wheelhouse) Ducktales will be close to 40% off for me. That's good enough to grab it on day one.

Like you, I actually bought Scott Pilgrim on PSN on release as well. But that wasn't as much about dying to play the game, I just had some friends over that evening and we thought it sounded cool since I think we had just seen the movie.

not much chatter about AC: brotherhood/revelations, are they worth 1200msp?
Brotherhood definitely is, and if you like the story then Revelations is too, but if you just play it for the gameplay then I'd wait for Revelations to get cheaper.

I ask because I happen to have exactly 1200msp. I missed the AC3 sale by thismuch.
I've been wanting to play these games for awhile but backlogs prevented me. the only one I played was the first and found it boring as f*** , but I heard from many they've gotten better. now, I do like stealth games though. a lot.
that said, I'm going to try out AC2, since its free, and figured I might as well snag one of the others with these extra points laying around.......unless something better is coming up???
AC 2 is a huge improvement over the first one, and a lot more fun with a lot more variety. However at least read up on the story of the first so you know how the series is set up. The events in the first game are integral to what happens in Revelations once you get there.

I apologize for my poor wording in my last post. I just wanted to express my impatience in enjoying an old favorite of mine. I loved Ducktales on the NES, and I am really looking forward to this new release. I do not believe it is a timed exclusive (besides it is also releasing on the Wii-U and PC alongside the PS3), I believe the game's delayed release on XBLA is due to the Summer of Arcade promotion. In addition, other platforms seem to offer the game via promotion for a slightly lower price (i.e. PSN's summer digital game promotion offers a rebate which stacks with another discount on the titles for PSN subscribers). My tantrum originates from my preference to playing the game on the 360, but after my nerdrage subsided a friend did assure me that I'd most likely wait for the game to be on a larger discount before purchasing. However, my nostalgia for Ducktales is quite strong such that I was considering a near full initial release price purchase. A similar situation happened before with Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game as the game was (800MSP/$10USD) but its release was delayed due to Summer of Arcade, such that it appeared first, on time, for PSN and the initial release price was slightly lower ($8 or $9USD), and my fanaticism for the material (original comic, haven't seen film yet) finalized my decision to choose to buy it there. It worked out in the end, since I do spend more time on my 360 (for reasons) and the game was offered for less eventually. This time around, Ducktales is at 1200MSP ($15USD) which is "high" for me; moreover, by the time the game is on discount on XBLA, the MSP to currency conversion would have happened and I know my state would charge more tax on it for me than anyone else here. I just cannot win.

I hope this is an indication it is just a reorganization of publishing policies to allow for the developer to self-publish on XBL. All the other platforms had more DLC and continued updates for this title (and discounts) which never arrived on the 360 because they were not required to have an approved publisher. On the 360 the issues I read were due to the approved publisher going through a long bankruptcy process which made it so we didn't get new tables/updates =/. I only hope it means we get the game with updates and the new tables, I think someone even mentioned on this thread once that when the situation settles, the developers may give 360 players a discount for the title! Maybe they're improving the game (as they are elsewhere with better lighting) for rerelease on XBLA. Of course that's assuming this isn't a permanent delisting, as I do enjoy pinball.
I don't think Sony really cares about the PC or Nintendo platforms when negotiating for exclusivity, of titles on both PSN and XBLA.

Farsight isn't going to be self-publishing Pinball Arcade when it re-emerges on XBLA in the future. I posted this in the last thread, but Farsight posted a promising update of the XBLA situation in their new Kickstarter:

Microsoft is the only platform manufacturer which forces us to go through a separate publisher rather than publishing the game ourselves. We have been unable to release new table packs for the Xbox 360 since the publisher we were using declared bankruptcy last year. We finally have some good news to report- the publisher (Fillpoint/Crave Entertainment) has now filed a reorganization plan with the court and is scheduled to emerge from bankruptcy this summer. When this occurs we will submit all of the unreleased table packs to Microsoft for approval and release. We plan to offer discounted Season Packs on the 360 to make it easy for our 360 customers to get caught up on tables. Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked to get this issue resolved- it’s been as frustrating for us as it’s been for you!

The ones not on discount, Lost Episode 1 and Lost Episode 2 are the ones which feature Ryu and Gouki/Akuma respectively. I've not started Asura's Wrath yet, so I do not know when those chapters occur or more likely they are just non-canon side stories. I do know Asura's Wrath does have an achievement which may be embarrassing to have (1:15 for Asura's Wrath specifically). [EDIT: Ack, looks like gunnm answered already ... with a cool Megaman pic instead of Gally =(]
Not many people know what gunnm is I'm surprised.

I apologize for my poor wording in my last post. I just wanted to express my impatience in enjoying an old favorite of mine. I loved Ducktales on the NES, and I am really looking forward to this new release...
No need to apologize. I am also eager to enjoy the game anew! :bouncy:

I kind of liked the Devil May Cry 4 demo, except the camera felt a little weird. I'm borrowing Bayonetta from my cousin right now (haven't started playing it yet though), how do the two compare?

I'm the fence between getting DMC4 or waiting for the DMC reboot or Metal Gear Rising Revengeance to go on sale for super cheap. I know there's a lot of hostility towards the DMC reboot, but based on the demo the game felt more organic than DMC4...and I guess organic is good for me.

I kind of liked the Devil May Cry 4 demo, except the camera felt a little weird. I'm borrowing Bayonetta from my cousin right now (haven't started playing it yet though), how do the two compare?

I'm the fence between getting DMC4 or waiting for the DMC reboot or Metal Gear Rising Revengeance to go on sale for super cheap. I know there's a lot of hostility towards the DMC reboot, but based on the demo the game felt more organic than DMC4...and I guess organic is good for me.
I enjoyed DMC4. That said the disc can be had for pretty cheap. Also it's worth mentioning for those that care...capcom's games are a nightmare to 100% the achievements...

Out of all the games from the Action Packed Bundle, I only own Dungeon Fighter Online. Wouldn't mind to play Dishwasher, Wakfu and Unbound Saga, but 1600MSP is too much for me.

He keeps saying after both Avatar sequels are done he's going to finally work on it and I guess it maybe a trilogy. We'll see.
Not waiting 30 years for that to happen. I'll rather watch Neil Blomkamp's Elysium this summer instead, since that seems to be basically the same premise.

Btw, I'm playing through AC3 at the moment. Is the season pass worth $20 for the single player dlc alone? I read very mixed opinions about the dlc episodes.

Not waiting 30 years for that to happen. I'll rather watch Neil Blomkamp's Elysium this summer instead, since that seems to be basically the same premise.
Yup, I even thought that the Gunnm movie was canceled/modified to create Elysium.

I want to get ssf4 ae. So I can download that and then upgrade it with the ultra upgrade? I also want to get costumes but are the super and ultra costume packs the same or are they different? I want all the ssf4 content.

Btw, I'm playing through AC3 at the moment. Is the season pass worth $20 for the single player dlc alone? I read very mixed opinions about the dlc episodes.
If you like the gameplaya HD story or the main game, then I'd say it's worth it at that price. Plus you get the extra missions and weapons along with the King Washington storyline. And the Mayan ruins DLC that comes with to is pretty cool IMO, even though it's just a short challenge room, it has such a different look from anything else in the AC game stats it's fun to play around in.

I need 400 msp so i can buy the MK Season pass, as you guys know... im running out of time.

I dont care if its 4 x 100 bing sets, just let me know and drop me a message. I thought i could churn out the points to get it but i missed a day flipping my bing rewards over because of two damn doubles in a row at work this weekend. 

$4 bucks paypal right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back