XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place but does anybody know what happened to the Bing Rewards thread? I understand the upcoming conversion crap will render it somewhat obsolete but the mods already took it down after all this time? Seems a bit heavy handed if that's the case.

Anyone know if any of the Tom Clancy games still have an active multiplayer?

Looking for a mp shooter to mess around in.

Been too long since I killed someone. :twoguns: :twoguns:

Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place but does anybody know what happened to the Bing Rewards thread? I understand the upcoming conversion crap will render it somewhat obsolete but the mods already took it down after all this time? Seems a bit heavy handed if that's the case.
Someone already confirmed that Bing will just replace MSP with Currency values

There was a bunch of talk discussing how redeeming 1 month of Live for awhile was giving you a year instead. They deleted a weeks worth of posts over that (I'm still not really sure why, doesn't seem against CAG rules to me), I would assume maybe someone else decided it was worth deleting the entire topic over. Don't really know though, I didn't even realize it was gone until you pointed it out.

There was about a weeks worth of talk discussing how redeeming 1 month of Live for awhile was giving you a year instead. They deleted a weeks worth of posts over that (I'm still not really sure why, doesn't seem against CAG rules to me), I would assume maybe someone else decided it was worth deleting the entire topic over. Don't really know though, I didn't even realize it was gone until you pointed it out.
My guess is that there was probably a lot of discussion of setting up multiple accounts to rake in as much MSP as possible. This is probably against Bing Rewards TOS and therefore the mods here are not going to allow it.

I've noticed that mods here are extremely strict when it comes to breaking any sort of TOS or exploiting any sort of deal. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes it makes me wonder a little bit. Deleting the entire Bing thread seems a little bit unreasonable to me, as was deleting discussion about the Bing XBox Live one year instead of one month stuff. It was a dumb mistake that MS made, why shouldn't we be able to take advantage of it (which I did). May want to change the website URL to cheapassbutstillfollowingalltheTOSandrulesgamer.com.

Just my 2 cents.

My guess is that there was probably a lot of discussion of setting up multiple accounts to rake in as much MSP as possible. This is probably against Bing Rewards TOS and therefore the mods here are not going to allow it.

I've noticed that mods here are extremely strict when it comes to breaking any sort of TOS or exploiting any sort of deal. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes it makes me wonder a little bit. Deleting the entire Bing thread seems a little bit unreasonable to me, as was deleting discussion about the Bing XBox Live one year instead of one month stuff. It was a dumb mistake that MS made, why shouldn't we be able to take advantage of it (which I did). May want to change the website URL to cheapassbutstillfollowingalltheTOSandrulesgamer.com.

Just my 2 cents.
I didn't even think of that. Much more likely that this was the reason. Weird that they would do it now though as there had always been multiple account talk in that thread.

I just 100% completed Assassin's Creed II.

Should I buy the other the other installments in the series? I liked this game a lot.
I'm going to make people cringe by saying this but I'm one of the few people who actually preferred and had the most fun with the first game. I liked the setting and I appreciated that it wasn't loaded with too much gameplay. I've found that all they seem to be doing with the sequels is make the game easier and just give you way more stupid collectibles and the whole build a town mechanic which I find useless. I play Assassins Creed for two reasons: parkour exploration and stealth assassinations. The original had better missions than the sequel as you often had to assassinate bosses by figuring out the best strategies. In Ass Creed II I just felt like it was impossible to be stealthy as every mission wanted me to fight 100 guys. I don't know. For me simpler is better. I'd totally go back and play the first one as its really fun. You can likely pick it up for $5. I also think Altair is a better character than Enzio. Anyways just my two cents. There's less stuff to do in the open world of the original. A few side missions but there's something rather rewarding about them that the sequels don't quite get.

I almost forgot to rake in the goods from the Capcom sale, but MM9, Third Strike, Asura's Wrath DLC, and the whole Arcade Cabinet kit 'n kaboodle are mine. I almost bought RE5 DLC but decided I'd either wait to pick up RE5 Gold or hold out for another DLC markdown.

Really, what I came here to say was a big HELL NO to $20 for the NinjaBee bundle. I thought it'd be $15 at most.

It has to be the company's decision on taxing the purchases doesn't it? In my state I pay no tax on PSN but pay it on the Nintendo eshop and I hate the way the eshop does it. Setting incremental card amounts but then charging tax on purchases is just an awkward way to do things.

It kind of shows why gaming media were mainly the ones complaining about "how terrible the points system is" but actual gamers had completely gotten used to it and liked the convenience for the most part. It allowed Microsoft to price things in ways that worked with the card amounts. Where as if you get a $10 card on the eshop you can't buy two $4.99 games.

I wish they would have left it alone at the end of the 360's cycle.
Microsoft could've easily just allowed everything on the marketplace to behave like Games on Demand games and it would've been fine for everybody, but they never offered that simple option, so the blame is on them. I was never a fan of the points system, as I should've been able to pay off the remaining amount of points I needed for a game or whatever if I had an odd amount of points left over. Luckily, my 90 points turned into $3 in the beta, so I came out ahead in that regard.

Just my 2 cents.
I think people make up what is or isn't allowed by TOS at times too. I am still baffled at the whole issue of utilizing other marketplaces in other countries and why people here declare that to be against the TOS of Xbox live. I read through it 5 times and spoke to two Xbox support over the phone and confirmed that there is no issue in using foreign marketplaces provided I don't use a VPN to access things. If their system allows you to buy that content from another country it's due to it having less restrictions on DRM and being available for use in your country of origin. Some things you can't buy because the rights in your region are not for sale from that foreign marketplace so they are already managing what u can and cannot buy. I understand not wanting to confuse people as this is a specifically US marketplace forum but people who utilize the method of purchasing off foreign marketplaces shouldn't be made to feel like they're breaking any rules, according to Microsoft it's perfectly legitimate. I've moved countries with accounts and now live in Australia and due to some issues with certain games not working now that I've migrated accounts, I've been instructed by Microsoft to remigrate back to a Canadian account in a few weeks. So they have no issues with me buying content from a country that I don't live in anymore.

I'm going to make people cringe by saying this but I'm one of the few people who actually preferred and had the most fun with the first game. I liked the setting and I appreciated that it wasn't loaded with too much gameplay. I've found that all they seem to be doing with the sequels is make the game easier and just give you way more stupid collectibles and the whole build a town mechanic which I find useless. I play Assassins Creed for two reasons: parkour exploration and stealth assassinations. The original had better missions than the sequel as you often had to assassinate bosses by figuring out the best strategies. In Ass Creed II I just felt like it was impossible to be stealthy as every mission wanted me to fight 100 guys. I don't know. For me simpler is better. I'd totally go back and play the first one as its really fun. You can likely pick it up for $5. I also think Altair is a better character than Enzio. Anyways just my two cents. There's less stuff to do in the open world of the original. A few side missions but there's something rather rewarding about them that the sequels don't quite get.
I agree 100%. I too preferred Altair over Ezio, and the stealth of the sneak assassination. Didn't really care for the idea of 'blending' w/ ASII+. The only thing I didn't like about the first AS was the 420 flag collection, and only did it for the achievements.

I honestly thought I was the only person that liked the first more then any of the others. I agree with all your reasons, plus I'll have to add that the story was way better in the first as well...now it's just a cluster fuck of stupidity and confusion.

already man you need a life
You have no info on if he had the game before the free giveaway so he could have already had 900/1000 before the 16th. Also he could be 12 and indeed not have anything better to do.

Also don't forget to sign up for a uplay account to get extra things for your Ass-Creed 2 game: Additional Throwing Knives, Altaïr Outfit and a Uplay Exclusive Map-Auditore Family Crypt

I think people make up what is or isn't allowed by TOS at times too. I am still baffled at the whole issue of utilizing other marketplaces in other countries and why people here declare that to be against the TOS of Xbox live. I read through it 5 times and spoke to two Xbox support over the phone and confirmed that there is no issue in using foreign marketplaces provided I don't use a VPN to access things. If their system allows you to buy that content from another country it's due to it having less restrictions on DRM and being available for use in your country of origin. Some things you can't buy because the rights in your region are not for sale from that foreign marketplace so they are already managing what u can and cannot buy. I understand not wanting to confuse people as this is a specifically US marketplace forum but people who utilize the method of purchasing off foreign marketplaces shouldn't be made to feel like they're breaking any rules, according to Microsoft it's perfectly legitimate. I've moved countries with accounts and now live in Australia and due to some issues with certain games not working now that I've migrated accounts, I've been instructed by Microsoft to remigrate back to a Canadian account in a few weeks. So they have no issues with me buying content from a country that I don't live in anymore.
You should PM a mod and see what they say about this. I really think having a thread in the 360 discussion forum about deals on Games on Demand in other countries would be useful, and maybe you could help the fight to get one that doesn't get deleted.

I agree 100%. I too preferred Altair over Ezio, and the stealth of the sneak assassination. Didn't really care for the idea of 'blending' w/ ASII+. The only thing I didn't like about the first AS was the 420 flag collection, and only did it for the achievements.

I'm going to make people cringe by saying this but I'm one of the few people who actually preferred and had the most fun with the first game...
Giving how large the collective internet-boner is for the sequels, I was starting to think folks like you two didn't exist. I too much preferred the originals focus on stealth and non-intrustive exposition (wanted to throttle the supporting "hacker" characters everytime they chimed in).

Just wanted to say that :D

Just to make sure not everyone in this thread is in the same boat, but I think AC2 is way way way way way way way better than the original.
Can we all at least agree that Assassin's Creed is one series that does not need a new installment annually? I don't know when action games started to trend sports games in needless annual releases when updates and DLC could do the trick. Assassin's Creed needs a good 3-4 year lull where it just collects dust and we start yearning for another game. Or maybe some annual DLC for Assassin's Creed III or IV, rather than having to plop down and buy a whole new game. Or maybe even a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon take on the Assassin's Creed world. Just Ubisoft please stop with your madness of annual releases which scares me more now that they made that announcement that every game they're doing has to be a part of a series now - frightening. And whoever is paying $60 for a new Assassin's Creed game each year, please stop. Work on your backlog, take a walk, write some horrendous poetry, wait for a sale like the rest of us and just stop. Of course I own every Assassin's Creed there is and am yet to even complete Brotherhood cause it just got repetitive (but I never spent more than $10 for any of them so there). It's a shame that there's no choice mechanism in the game and that things don't carry over as they do in Mass Effect. It'd be a lot more interesting if they changed it to be more of an RPG. Anyways, just a thought. This week's sale sucks so expect a lot of non sale related yak over the next week until someone pipes up and says "anyone know what's one sale tomorrow"

Just to make sure not everyone in this thread is in the same boat, but I think AC2 is way way way way way way way better than the original.
Agreed. AC1 just got boring as hell less then half way through after you kept seeing the same pattern of missions "follow someone, pickpocket, or just get up close enough to kill someone". Literally with no change ups and Altiar had no character whatsoever so I could not give two shits what was going on.

And yes it doesn't need annual installments. Luckily I got AC3 for free, but nearly every company this generation has not understood that milking a franchise is not good in the long run.

When a sale doesn't appeal to you, you complain on this thread. When you complain on this thread, you are still angry. When you are still angry you learn krav maga. When you learn krav maga, you infiltrate and take out the person responsible at Microsoft. When you take out the person responsible, you assume their identity. When you assume their identity, you give Live members bad deals and lead a double life. Don't give Live members bad deals and lead a double life, work on your backlog and enjoy your prior discounted items.

Last week, Ubisoft felt like giving us only 33% off their content and me being a hater towards the Mortal Kombat series, Capcom saved my week with great discounts on content not often if ever seen discounted before. I realize I've done too much spending: Lady convinced me to try out the Devil May Cry series, if I do not mind all the QTEs in Dragon's Lair then Asura's Wrath can keep me occupied, and of course I always seem to be a sucker for fighting game costumes and grabbed the UMvC3 pack (sadly Capcom got me before by offering the SSF4AE costume packs on discount before, and now it is just better/cheaper for me to get the Ultra Street Fighter 4 disc to get the vanilla costumes as well as the upgrade -_-). As such, I welcome a reprieve to allow for me and my wallet to recover with the Tom Clancy titles on a minor discount this week.

I know some would like to build up a stockpile like a squirrel now before August's Summer of Arcade where we traditionally expect poor deals or content unappealing to most. I predict DotW for those weeks to be all DLC for Borderlands, Forza/Gears/Halo, Fallout/Elder Scrolls, Batman: Arkham which does have broad reach but more likely repeats for those of us who has been watching out for the discounts. Especially when after August, some time in September is a likely time for the actual transition of Microsoft Points to local currencies. I definitely want to get the DLC I've been wanting for my import titles and clear the balance on my side accounts before having to deal with the taxation on Xbox content leaving me with odd amounts which I will have more difficulty clearing out because adding funds to the accounts would be more difficult for me without Microsoft Points. So we have potentially only one more week of potential quality discounts before their fears of discounts affecting sales on Summer of Arcade releases starts.

Only downside to the conversionis having to pay tax. Especially if you already paid tax when you bought them.
Yeah, in my state, certain retailers which know like Best Buy and Gamestop currently charges tax for Microsoft Points (while other places like grocery stores still considers them gift cards and not taxed) on purchase of the card. However those same retailers do not charge tax on PSN cards because the digital items purchased from their marketplaces has the tax applied there on purchase of the content. My state is just bastardly to its citizens. Presumably, if I were to buy Microsoft Points from those retailers which know to tax Microsoft Points (I typically get elsewhere at discounts), then after the Microsoft Points get converted, it is possible when the proper dashboard update/conversion occurs, I may get taxed again on purchase of the content. I do not see Microsoft taking the effort to recognize "oh the funds Crono added to his account were from points, and thus this specific new purchase (lets pretend it were the not yet released Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate DLC) should not be taxed." All the more for my concerns with the conversion date.

I don't think Sony really cares about the PC or Nintendo platforms when negotiating for exclusivity, of titles on both PSN and XBLA.

Farsight isn't going to be self-publishing Pinball Arcade when it re-emerges on XBLA in the future. I posted this in the last thread, but Farsight posted a promising update of the XBLA situation in their new Kickstarter:
So it was you. What I read I cannot unread. Still, it is good news I will get discounts on Pinball Arcade DLC (still got to get the main game on 360 [yes, I have it from PS+ too]). Also, I care about PC and Nintendo as well =P.

Not many people know what gunnm is I'm surprised.
I used to import a lot of stuff. I was so surprised one day when I saw in my Asahiya Bookstore that Yukito Kishiro released new tankoubons after I thought the story was completed (seemed like a long sabbatical, and he had another series going at the time called Aqua Knight). Also I'm old, so not hard for me to know, besides with a distinctive name like Gunnm, I took the 90% chance it may have been a reference to the wonderful series, which I cannot do for other CAGs which posts on this thread (I cannot go, "hey aaronrodgers, that sounds like someone in a popular video game," just in case for the decent chance the person says "no, my name is actually Aaron Rodgers, and I hate that game and character"). Then again, you may have been named Gunnm, as a brilliant plan from parents to potentially encourage that one day you may find and learn about the series. That's it, it's decided, kids should be named Gunnm now =P.

Last week was a very good week, not only were there great discounts on content I wanted, but knocking something off my backlog gave me more titles in my backlog. The last Weekend Achievement Challenge rewarded me, and I did as any CAG would do, request the most priciest and fun as prizes (Minecraft 360, State of Decay, and Magic 2014 because I'd actually play it despite likelihood of future discount ^^). So I encourage others to work on their backlogs as well because you'd never know. I have a lot to tide me over from last week, and this week being a week which offers me nothing for deals doesn't bother me so much at this time. Of course, ideally, the discounts offered should be for everyone else that craves one of content they'd want at this time (if only the Assassin's Creed discounts were this week instead, because I actually liked none of the ones I played, 1-2, technically sound and I recognize many others love the games, but I preferred it more when it was a directed experience in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time; I still regret passing up 360 GonD Forgotten Sands at 400MSP). This week, I hope the discounts appeal to someone here, I just know it is not me.

This week's new XBLA game, Mars War Logs, sounds ambitious almost Bioware and CD Projekt RED ambitious for an XBLA title. However, it is priced at 1200MSP, which is the upper end of pricing for XBLA for me. Hey man, I've got five kids to feed. I have a strange feeling this game may not meet its ambitions for that price. See you at the party. I just can't afford much more now that I've spent so much, I've got four kids to feed.

Rats...was really hoping for HAWX2 to be $5..  might have even bit for $10 but $15, forget it.  The first one was a total blast for me, I've heard the 2nd one was not as good...ah well.  

Last week was a very good week, not only were there great discounts on content I wanted, but knocking something off my backlog gave me more titles in my backlog. The last Weekend Achievement Challenge rewarded me, and I did as any CAG would do, request the most priciest and fun as prizes (Minecraft 360, State of Decay, and Magic 2014 because I'd actually play it despite likelihood of future discount ^^). So I encourage others to work on their backlogs as well because you'd never know. I have a lot to tide me over from last week, and this week being a week which offers me nothing for deals doesn't bother me so much at this time. Of course, ideally, the discounts offered should be for everyone else that craves one of content they'd want at this time (if only the Assassin's Creed discounts were this week instead, because I actually liked none of the ones I played, 1-2, technically sound and I recognize many others love the games, but I preferred it more when it was a directed experience in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time; I still regret passing up 360 GonD Forgotten Sands at 400MSP). This week, I hope the discounts appeal to someone here, I just know it is not me.
The AC sale is still ongoing until the end of July, so you still have time to ponder :D

Just my 2 cents.
I'll say it again. The mods had no issue with all the discussion about buying as many 1200 point cards from MS using the $10 off coupon even though the TOS for that deal clearly stated the coupon could only be used once.

I honestly have never felt in the entire time I've been here that there are any actual set rules to follow on this site. The mods just sort of take every situation as a new one and make a call. Plus they very rarely actually acknowledge anything. I mean, at most forums if you have a post removed you are messaged a reason, same with if it's moved to a different section. The big problem with that is what we are discussing here, none of us know what we aren't supposed to talk about. Then we feel slighted when our posts are deleted and we don't think we did anything wrong.

I guess you just have to roll with it. I don't think the mods particularly care to become more of a presence or state a concrete set of posting rules.

I like having a new Assassin's Creed game to play every year. I feel like the multiplayer would benefit from an extra year, but if they want to keep bringing me more hidden blade action, I will keep playing. And you know it'll be discounted on Black Friday, so it's not even a full price proposition.

Then again, I also don't see what's wrong with these bundles being priced at $5/game. Not the best deal, but reasonable if you want the games included for less.

This week's new XBLA game, Mars War Logs, sounds ambitious almost Bioware and CD Projekt RED ambitious for an XBLA title. However, it is priced at 1200MSP, which is the upper end of pricing for XBLA for me. Hey man, I've got five kids to feed. I have a strange feeling this game may not meet its ambitions for that price. See you at the party. I just can't afford much more now that I've spent so much, I've got four kids to feed.
total-recall-mars-eye-bulge.jpg

Tossing my hat into the AC1 > 2 ring. The assassinations and exploration is way better.

Man though, the sales this week are pretty meh. Not that I need anything new though.

That Space Bundle is tempting! All great games :)   I wish they'd stick around a bit longer. I bit on the Action Bundle last week, so I'm set on arcade games for a few weeks. All these bundles seem to only last 2-3 days.

Can we all at least agree that Assassin's Creed is one series that does not need a new installment annually? I don't know when action games started to trend sports games in needless annual releases when updates and DLC could do the trick. Assassin's Creed needs a good 3-4 year lull where it just collects dust and we start yearning for another game. Or maybe some annual DLC for Assassin's Creed III or IV, rather than having to plop down and buy a whole new game. Or maybe even a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon take on the Assassin's Creed world. Just Ubisoft please stop with your madness of annual releases which scares me more now that they made that announcement that every game they're doing has to be a part of a series now - frightening. And whoever is paying $60 for a new Assassin's Creed game each year, please stop. Work on your backlog, take a walk, write some horrendous poetry, wait for a sale like the rest of us and just stop. Of course I own every Assassin's Creed there is and am yet to even complete Brotherhood cause it just got repetitive (but I never spent more than $10 for any of them so there). It's a shame that there's no choice mechanism in the game and that things don't carry over as they do in Mass Effect. It'd be a lot more interesting if they changed it to be more of an RPG. Anyways, just a thought. This week's sale sucks so expect a lot of non sale related yak over the next week until someone pipes up and says "anyone know what's one sale tomorrow"
The key this stopping is the "And whoever is paying $60 for a new Assassin's Creed game each year, please stop." thing.

the Space Shooter Bundle XBLA Collection Available Now on xbox.com

for 1600 points

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Space-Shooter-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411418
I'll add it to the OP, thanks. It seems like these bundle deals are slowly getting worse and worse. I mean, it's still an OK price if you don't own any of them, but if you even own one then you're really not getting much of a deal.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Radiant Silvergun and Sine Mora are both still 1200. I guess this is a slightly better deal then I'm giving it credit for.

My birthday is in a little over a week from now. Forget about cake and presents, it's all about those sweet sweet 20 MSPs Microsoft will deposit in my account.

Can we all at least agree that Assassin's Creed is one series that does not need a new installment annually?
This is one of the few series I'm glad is now an annual as long as it doesn't suffer quality wise from it. I am actually a little worried about the next one though (looks like it's gonna be a sailing game with some AC gameplay instead of an AC game with some sailing gameplay) but if it turns out well I'll continue to be a fan of this one being annual.

I honestly have never felt in the entire time I've been here that there are any actual set rules to follow on this site. The mods just sort of take every situation as a new one and make a call. Plus they very rarely actually acknowledge anything. I mean, at most forums if you have a post removed you are messaged a reason, same with if it's moved to a different section. The big problem with that is what we are discussing here, none of us know what we aren't supposed to talk about. Then we feel slighted when our posts are deleted and we don't think we did anything wrong.

I guess you just have to roll with it. I don't think the mods particularly care to become more of a presence or state a concrete set of posting rules.
It would be less annoying if at least certain rules were applied across the board. It almost seems like a coin flip sometimes. The deletion without reason is definitely the most annoying part. How are we supposed to know what to do and what not to do when we have never been given a solid set of rules and are never given a reason posts and topics are deleted. I've never understood why they don't just lock topics with the last post being from a mod with a reason like every other forum.

Grr, I hate the two usb device limit on the 360. I bought 2 32GB flash drives that are way too small to be taken out whenever, and I like to watch a lot of videos on separate flash drives. 

Grr, I hate the two usb device limit on the 360. I bought 2 32GB flash drives that are way too small to be taken out whenever, and I like to watch a lot of videos on separate flash drives.
that really sucks; but my suggestion is to get a usb extension cord, so you don't have to break out the pliers every time you want to swap them, they're only like a dollar or two. that shooter bundle is the first 'bundle' i've seen that actually has a high quality of games. i still can't see any of them selling more than like a dozen copies though lol i haven't seen a single one that i would want all the games in even if i didn't own any 360 games.

that really sucks; but my suggestion is to get a usb extension cord, so you don't have to break out the pliers every time you want to swap them, they're only like a dollar or two.
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually figured out that the Xbox reads the ports in a certain order, so I can align them in a way that I can just plug in my extra flash drive when I want to watch something and it will override one of the others.

already man you need a life
True.

In my defense, it doesn't take very long to finish. It was the only thing I really spent time doing since it was free and just about everything in it was story related, and what isn't is easy and should only take about five hours to do all the non-story related stuff if you know what you're doing.

Thanks for the response. I have Bing points to use, but I'm hoping the change on live wont affect the way the rewards work. I'm assuming they'll just make the reward for the monetary value on Live like they do for the Windows phone rewards. I guess since you can use the Microsoft account funds on Xbox, Windows Phone, and Windows 8 they will just convert it into one reward. ex " 475 bing points= $5.00 for your Microsoft account"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back