XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually figured out that the Xbox reads the ports in a certain order, so I can align them in a way that I can just plug in my extra flash drive when I want to watch something and it will override one of the others.
Can you explain this a bit more? What do you mean the Xbox reads the ports in a certain order? Is that why I have to take out and plug-in my USB drive again after the Xbox has been turned off?

True.

In my defense, it doesn't take very long to finish. It was the only thing I really spent time doing since it was free and just about everything in it was story related, and what isn't is easy and should only take about five hours to do all the non-story related stuff if you know what you're doing.
Don't listen to that troll. You had so much fun with a game that you beat it. You don't have to explain yourself to him. :) Also, if you're a completionist, then try 1 and then the others. If not, I heard Brotherhood and Revelations are great.

Can you explain this a bit more? What do you mean the Xbox reads the ports in a certain order? Is that why I have to take out and plug-in my USB drive again after the Xbox has been turned off?
I've never had to remove and plug back in a flash drive to get it to work, so I'm no sure what is causing that. But I have the 4GB slim (with an extra 250GB drive in it) and I have three ports in the back and two in the front. I have my two 32GB flash drives plugged into the first and third one in the back, and they both read fine. When I plug my external hard drive into the middle port, the xbox will read that one instead of one of the storage drives. The back ports are also read before the front ports.

Tossing my hat into the AC1 > 2 ring. The assassinations and exploration is way better.
I agree i liked how in AC1 you had to figure out how to get to the guys and assassinate them. Reminds me of crackdown, i loved the first one where you had to find the bosses and figure a way to kill them. Where as crackdown 2 didnt.

Tempted on the shooter bundle. Pissed at myself for missing the puzzle bundle didnt realize how limited they really meant.
Don't be pissed at yourself. These bundles are ridiculously time-limited. Why bother having them if it's just for a few days? At least with the Twisted Pixel one it was well priced and lasted a week or two. At 1600 points for a bundle these should just be permanent offers. I can understand a limited 800 points run but 2 or 3 days for $20, ridiculous MS. And why the lack of communication. Just tell us it's available til such and such date. Have they learnt nothing from shitty customer communication debacle over the XBone?

too bad I already owned ikaruga and RSG.  Would love to take sine mora for a spin.  Will wait for an eventual 50-75% off sale on the game.

Already own Sine Mora, and I would love to get Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun, but I'll wait until a 50% sale over those two. Anyways, if you don't own any of them, 1600MSP is a steal.

Is the Insurgency pack worth it for Conviction?  I bought the game used a while back, but haven't touched it yet.  I haven't done any of the Deniable Ops stuff yet, but was wondering if I should pick it up.  Is the online community dead?  I have a couple friends that might run through the multi stuff with me, but I'm not sure.

Neon is tragic because it doesn't have online play and probably never will at this point. Loved the game to death, even traveled a bit to play co-op with old friends.

Anyword on the next free game for Gold?

It seems like AC2 announced a little but more in advance then 5 days, but I could be wrong.

You're right, but I think the reason they announced AC2 early was because there was a huge shitstorm after Defense Grid was announced after everyone assumed that either AC2 or Halo 3 was next and MS never bothered to correct this misassumption.

Half minute hero needs to go on sale. I've been waiting on that one forever!
I hear they're planning on selling it as part of a bundle along with Super Time Force and Kung Fu Strike. Sadly it will only be available for thirty seconds.

It actually looks kind of interesting IMO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1lpFoaIqHQ[/youtube]

Lots of reviews mention the terrible dialogue but apparently the devs commissioned a whole new translation and voiceovers for the XBLA version.

Mars War Logs gameplay is very similar to the Witcher 2. I enjoyed the unique setting and the new updated voice acting and writing are very good. The game is only about 10 hours though if you do everything so keep that in mind.

it must be awful to put so much work into a game with a team, and then see it get absolutely zero media coverage due to poor marketing. game looks interesting, but damn what a bad name.  shouldve gone with MARZ 

Mars War Logs gameplay is very similar to the Witcher 2. I enjoyed the unique setting and the new updated voice acting and writing are very good. The game is only about 10 hours though if you do everything so keep that in mind.
How difficult is it? I.e. is there a "Just spam A to win fights because I'm more interested in the story" difficulty setting? :lol:

How difficult is it? I.e. is there a "Just spam A to win fights because I'm more interested in the story" difficulty setting? :lol:
Well I played it on hard which was only any difficult for the first chapter, so I imagine easy would very much be the "just spam A" like you're looking for.

Nope. Some people don't play games for the difficulty. Deal with it.
Lol. I agree with you, but s/he said they were mainly interested in the story. Youtube is much cheaper and easier to catch up on a story; you can skip all the slow parts, too. :) (Plus, I was kinda kidding....hence the winky smiley...)

I've never had to remove and plug back in a flash drive to get it to work, so I'm no sure what is causing that. But I have the 4GB slim (with an extra 250GB drive in it) and I have three ports in the back and two in the front. I have my two 32GB flash drives plugged into the first and third one in the back, and they both read fine. When I plug my external hard drive into the middle port, the xbox will read that one instead of one of the storage drives. The back ports are also read before the front ports.
Oh I see! Because the Xbox has that stupid 2-drive limit. Thanks for the explanation.

I know Fez 2 wasn't coming to xbox, but is anyone else following the mess right now?

http://www.examiner.com/article/phil-fish-breaks-a-gasket-tells-media-member-to-kill-himself

http://imgur.com/jAOgRn1,sh1CZqk#0

It ended with him locking his twitter account and saying fez 2 is cancelled. Polytron also tweeted it:

https://twitter.com/Polytron/status/361188665709436928
Once he takes his meds, he'll say it was not cancelled. However, he still won't apologize.

EDIT: As long as he doesn't cancel the patch that fixes the patch he released that broke the Xbox version, I'll be happy. I've been wanting to play the game, but avoiding it because of his attitude about fixing the game he broke.

Reply to a few posts above me: Steam already has achievements for a movie (I only know of one). I think they are all about watching special features. Could be very interesting on Xbox. I'd have a reason to actually watch all the behind the scenes crap instead of forgetting about it.

I didn't care about FEZ II, since the first one was very boring imo. Anyways they said it had nothing in common with the first, so maybe it I would've like it. I'll never know.

Mars War Logs seems good to me, at least the photos out there show an interesting game. I didn't watch a video yet, but either way, when it goes on sale, I'll give it a chance.

Hope I won't get in any trouble on the forum for saying that Ikaruga is free for those on the Argentinian marketplace. Just downloaded it myself - buenas noches amigos ;-)

And just to pipe in on Fez II. Yeah Fez was one of the most boring games I've ever played. Just couldn't get into it. One of my most shameful purchases. Still I feel bad for Fish, for some reason everyone has put a target on his back because he's a bit of an outspoken fella. At least he's an interesting outspoken fella. And I admire that Fez exists and that people really love it - it just wasn't for me. I don't know. I just think this proves my point that twitter and facebook are utilized rather vapidly and stupidly by most of society who don't really get that there are other people on the other side of a screen who have actual feelings, fears, thoughts, etc. Shame the things have gotten this far out of hand for him and that this is his reaction, but he has been vilified a bit much.

I've had Mars War Logs and Zeno Clash 2 on my radar for a bit. Definitely will wait on sales for both. But both seem like great ideas that just haven't quite come together - I've enjoyed games like those a lot (Alpha Protocol is my favorite RPG of this generation - for instance) so I am keen to try them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back