XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually hard up for an arcade game sale.
Me too. I guess the Capcom sale had a few arcade games in it, but it's been quite a while since we've had a big arcade sale. I think it's almost time for Runner 2, Skulls of the Shogun, Phantom Breaker, and ToeJam and Earl to finally get a price drop, they're all hitting the 6+ months since release window. The unbridled optimist in my wouldn't mind seeing Battleblock Theater drop by 50% as well.

Me too. I guess the Capcom sale had a few arcade games in it, but it's been quite a while since we've had a big arcade sale. I think it's almost time for Runner 2, Skulls of the Shogun, Phantom Breaker, and ToeJam and Earl to finally get a price drop, they're all hitting the 6+ months since release window. The unbridled optimist in my wouldn't mind seeing Battleblock Theater drop by 50% as well.
Yeah, Runner 2 - i'm waiting for this. Heard levels didn't get varied, so it's the one that won't buy at full price.

Ah, GTA IV...MS should give it away for free to all XBL members at this points. Also will help, since the next part in series is around the corner.

I know it's merely speculation, but full house poker has a ton of unobtainable achievements.  They do "seasons" that are free dlc, but are removed when the next one comes out.

Yeah, Runner 2 - i'm waiting for this. Heard levels didn't get varied, so it's the one that won't buy at full price.

Ah, GTA IV...MS should give it away for free to all XBL members at this points. Also will help, since the next part in series is around the corner.
Hell no!!! Don't give MS any ideas. That's like saying put MW2 for free, in October for Ghosts. I rather get a random assortment of games (even if some are REALLY old).

There are 5 different worlds in Runner 2, but within each of those worlds the levels are pretty similar.

Runner 2 is a game where you can play the demo and you know exactly what you're getting into. The entire game is precise button pressing to jump/dodge/block/duck. I enjoyed it a good amount, but it's definitely not for everyone. At this point waiting for a sale is the only logical decision.

Few other GoD discounts on xbldb, nothing even worth mentioning. :(

Edit- GTA 4 for $10, for the 2 people who haven't played it yet
Still haven't checked. But I wouldn't mind a proper price drop sale on the Ballad of Gay Tony dlc. It was priced 1600 points at release and I refuse to drop more than 400 pts on it. But I am missing that from my collection. Keep thinking of grabbing it on disc but I don't want to pay more than $5 for it and I can't find the DLC disc that cheap yet.

Otherwise GTA IV is another weak sale. You should be able to find it on disc for no more than $10 used so this just evens it out. I'm less in love with owning digital copies of games as I had a pain when I migrated my account to Australia and lost 4 or 5 games that I won't get back til I remigrate in a few weeks. My problem was I migrated to get Fable III due to it needing a VPN to purchase for free in Australia. So I might just have to put up with this mess for a few more months until the games for gold promotion dies.

But yeah another bad week of sales from the sounds of it. Well I just grabbed Darksiders II from a pawnshop for $10 so I can't complain. Though I've found lately that there's a voice in the back of my head that maybe I should hold off buying games I don't have until the games for gold promo is over as who knows what we'll get. Anyone else been thinking that way?

Also piping in on Driver SF. I bought it for $15 and don't regret it. A very new take on driving games and it does something new with a bit of a stale genre. Not sure if I'd pay $20 but if you have some cheap points and want to get rid of them it's not a bad buy. It's pretty fun and has an interesting story, a dumb one, but a fun one.

Still haven't checked. But I wouldn't mind a proper price drop sale on the Ballad of Gay Tony dlc. It was priced 1600 points at release and I refuse to drop more than 400 pts on it. But I am missing that from my collection. Keep thinking of grabbing it on disc but I don't want to pay more than $5 for it and I can't find the DLC disc that cheap yet.
Looks like you'll still be waiting. Gay Tony is 50% off, so 800 pts. Lost and Damned DLC also 50% off, 400pts.

Come on Red Dead be on sale too!

Looks like you'll still be waiting. Gay Tony is 50% off, so 800 pts. Lost and Damned DLC also 50% off, 400pts.

Come on Red Dead be on sale too!
Yep. Sigh. There should just be a rule: a DLC pack should never cost more than half the cost of the original game. It's ridiculous that you can buy GTA IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC for 1600pts apiece. I thought Rockstar nailed it with the 800pts for Lost and the Damned - shame they got greedy for Gay Tony. Thankfully DLC for more recent Rockstar games have been more reasonably priced and have had lots of sales. And don't worry if RDR isn't having a sale this week it will soon. I think I've seen at least 3 sales for RDR over the last couple of years - which reminds me, need to play Undead Nightmare.

Driver SF always goes for 600 msp on the Hungarian marketplace - listed as region free as well.
If the price was 400msp or less, probably i would pull the trigger. I'm having a blast now with Demon's Souls, so not in hurry to add lesser games to my backlog.

Looking at today's offers we won't get any decent deals before the system update that change the currency. Summer of Arcade starts after week, so there goes everything. :(

Looking at today's offers we won't get any decent deals before the system update that change the currency. Summer of Arcade starts after week, so there goes everything. :(
Agree, they never do good sales when the Summer of Arcade is up. The title update was planned to go live on september or november, wasn't it?

Will someone please explain this point migration thing to me?

I have around 3200 MSP on my account. So about $40 worth.

When does the migration occur and what will change? Should I spend my points now or it doesn't really matter?

Agree, they never do good sales when the Summer of Arcade is up. The title update was planned to go live on september or november, wasn't it?
Ohhhh I had forgotten it's summer of arcade time. Yea, just ignore this thread for the next month then LoL Not going to be anything worth mentioning.

So according to XBLDB this will be the 10th time the DLC for GTA has been on sale.  Awesome.  Can we just do away with the summer of arcade? 

Bioshock Infinite DLC today. Wave based horde for $5. I cannot begin to express my disappointment. The story DLC sounds good whenever it comes. Warning...article may have spoilers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/bioshock-infinite-challenge-maps-out-today-story-dlc-soon?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
Intrigued and sort of let down at same time. Was hoping for more loose ends tied up instead of opening a new bag of worms. But I will admit this bag of worms sounds like it may be fun.

Intrigued and sort of let down at same time. Was hoping for more loose ends tied up instead of opening a new bag of worms. But I will admit this bag of worms sounds like it may be fun.
I don't get people who think there are loose ends in Infinite. It is all wrapped up, it's a bit confusing maybe, but more explaining won't change that. It's just a multiverse like comics.

New Rocksmith songs going on sale this week for 160 MS points each:

Blink-182 songs:

All The Small Things

Dammit

What's My Age Again?

3 Doors Down songs:

Kryptonite

Loser

When I'm Gone

I was actually thinking of picking up GTA IV today.  But the DOTW of the week still isn't that great.   The complete edition is on Amazon frequently for $20 and some retailers such as Walmart.  The only way the DOTW is still a good deal is if anybody wants to just get the base game and then pick up the DLC later with the "epidsodes of liberty city" disc.   Because aren't both DLC on that disc?

Also, is GTA IV worth it in general?  I've been battling between that and Just Cause 2.

I was actually thinking of picking up GTA IV today. But the DOTW of the week still isn't that great. The complete edition is on Amazon frequently for $20 and some retailers such as Walmart. The only way the DOTW is still a good deal is if anybody wants to just get the base game and then pick up the DLC later with the "epidsodes of liberty city" disc. Because aren't both DLC on that disc?

Also, is GTA IV worth it in general? I've been battling between that and Just Cause 2.
Personally had 100x more fun playing Just Cause 2. The story is bad but the gameplay and sandbox are awesome.

Hmm Catherine, Cursed Crusade, Sherlock Holmes and Game of Thrones got Price cuts too...nothing I would bite on though...but still good if they ever go on sale they might get even cheaper...

I was actually thinking of picking up GTA IV today. But the DOTW of the week still isn't that great. The complete edition is on Amazon frequently for $20 and some retailers such as Walmart. The only way the DOTW is still a good deal is if anybody wants to just get the base game and then pick up the DLC later with the "epidsodes of liberty city" disc. Because aren't both DLC on that disc?

Also, is GTA IV worth it in general? I've been battling between that and Just Cause 2.
But there's also a complete Edition with both dlcs...And you would probably pay less for a used copy...

EDIT: EB Games Canada has a new Capcom Essentials Games Collection in their range. The collection includes: Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 6 und MegaMan 10. Price unkown right now...

What is this? A sale for ants?! How can we be expected to buy, if the content doesn't exist? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES! The sale has to be at least ... three times bigger than this.

I wake up to this Deal of the Week, when I had tempered my expectations with a horrible prediction in my previous post. To not expect much and still go under my whelm, that's impressive. Ah well, I'm sure we all have stuff to knock off the backlog from the good times we had for discounts, like The Witcher 2 or enjoying what Square-Enix/Capcom offered before. Besides, we can get hyped over returning to Rapture, and I do hope we get a discount on the season pass soon [EDIT: already mentioned on the thread -_-].

Will someone please explain this point migration thing to me?

I have around 3200 MSP on my account. So about $40 worth.

When does the migration occur and what will change? Should I spend my points now or it doesn't really matter?
It's just a changeover likely to that exact amount you figured. If all those funds are already on your account (already redeemed onto gamertag), they will expire in a year; otherwise they will expire a year after redemption. If your local municipalities (city/state/province) levies tax on digital purchases, taxes will be applied when you buy the content (DLC/XBLA/GonD/avatar parts). Both rewards programs, Xbox Live Rewards and Bing Rewards, will change to offer pure currency funds for Xbox instead of points starting September. With that, there is a good chance the migration will happen around September, which is typically when there's a dashboard update [if your system is connected online, during or after the update, the 360 will force you out of Live to update].

Spending your points only matters if you maintain the balance for over a year, because then you won't have that balance at all because it will be gone. I do not want to be taxed on my digital purchases, because currently $40USD can get me (at least) $40USD of content, but in the near future due to my local taxes I will not ($40USD would probably afford me $36.37 worth of content >_<). It also affects me because I import from Japan (and Hungary) and I want to clear the balances from the accounts.

Geez still nothing new on xbldb except GTA, what a terrible sale for the three people who hasn't played GTA 4.
I am guilty of being one of the three people who hasn't played GTA4. I purchased the Complete Edition when it was $20 or less at some point from Best Buy, brand new about 3 years ago; so I'm sure the Complete Edition is even cheaper now used. This means the discounts for this Deal of the Week doesn't match up to the best possible price/deal one can have the content. Maybe I will start the game sometime after 5 is released. I just don't want to mess with the evil gamerscore I've achieved recently, so I'm taking a break from the 360 and maybe I will give some love to my other systems which has fallen to neglect.

August will be a big month for me with Ducktales Remastered, Dragon's Crown, Killer is Dead, Saints Row 4 to dote over until they are low enough of a price for me to purchase. Who knows, maybe some of those Summer of Arcade titles may interest me like the Turtles game (I am amused the red one does wrestling and MMA moves), maybe I can understand why Flashback was any good (didn't like/understand it back in the day), or Charlie Murder can prove to be a good brawler. Thank you. I have a vision.

EDIT: still not used to formatting on this 3.0 board -_-

Bioshock Infinite DLC today. Wave based horde for $5. I cannot begin to express my disappointment. The story DLC sounds good whenever it comes. Warning...article may have spoilers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/bioshock-infinite-challenge-maps-out-today-story-dlc-soon?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
That is lame (even though I sort of liked the Protector Trials DLC for BS2, I kind of thought that Infinite's DLC would all be story).

Burial at Sea looks amazing though! Hype restored!

I agree that the horde mode sounds like a throwaway. So the DLC will be $5 + 15 + 15 = $35 if bought individually? Isn't the season pass $20? If so, that's like getting 1 part free. Anyone think they'll increase the price of the pass? I assumed with it being so cheap that the main packs would be $10 each so it was like you were saving $5. I'm not complaining of the savings, just surprised at those higher prices. I was hoping to hold out for a discounted pass though I'm still tempted on getting it now.

Ohhhh I had forgotten it's summer of arcade time. Yea, just ignore this thread for the next month then LoL Not going to be anything worth mentioning.
Well technically it doesn't start until next week, but I guess DotW got a head start on it. These deals are so depressingly bad I don't even feel like updating the OP!

Also, no "Coming Soon" post from Major yet either...

OP is up to date.  I just hope you guys can resist from spending ALL of your MSP on this week's amazing deals!  

Also, something called Narco Terror is coming out tomorrow alongside Cloudberry Kingdom, which I'll actually be getting Day 1 later today on PSN because it looks awesome!

New Rocksmith songs going on sale this week for 160 MS points each:

Blink-182 songs:

All The Small Things

Dammit

What's My Age Again?

3 Doors Down songs:

Kryptonite

Loser

When I'm Gone
because who doesn't need a guitarpro type program to figure out blink songs, right -_-. at least the sale is awful in all regards.

Well technically it doesn't start until next week, but I guess DotW got a head start on it. These deals are so depressingly bad I don't even feel like updating the OP!

Also, no "Coming Soon" post from Major yet either...
Says he's going to reveal the next free for gold game tomorrow, in case anyone was waiting for that.

Is there a way to see at what price we bought an item was at? I could've sworn I bought Game of Thrones cheaper during the TV show season finale. I haven't really played it yet though.

Is there a way to see at what price we bought an item was at? I could've sworn I bought Game of Thrones cheaper during the TV show season finale. I haven't really played it yet though.
Yes, I'm pretty sure Game of Thrones and Catherine were both cheaper during that week.

And Brothers in Arms was 400MSP during the ultimate sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back