XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope its dead rising 2. I never played any dead rising games except the demo for the first one. So for me, that would be a nice game to get. If its crackdown i might just download it and give my disc to my nephew.

Wow, first AC2 which i already have all achievements. Now Crackdown which i already have all the achievements. Dont get me wrong, i loved crackdown, it was a really fun game. But i still own it, and so far none of these "free" games are doing it for me.
Welcome to the club. I have all the games they have released thus far maxed out. Regardless I could care less which games they give. I expect to have played them all or never had interest in them. Cool for those that appreciate them.

If I use my my 1 Month gold code on my second account on 16th of this month I theoretically should be able to get 4 games with gold right? Just in case there are other games that never came around here lol

If I use my my 1 Month gold code on my second account on 16th of this month I theoretically should be able to get 4 games with gold right? Just in case there are other games that never came around here lol
Yep i do similar thing for July - used 1 month and got Defense Grid and ACII, now will download Crackdown on 1st august lol. Pretty sure i'll be able to snatch and DR2 at 16th. :)

Yep i do similar thing for July - used 1 month and got Defense Grid and ACII, now will download Crackdown on 1st august lol. Pretty sure i'll be able to snatch and DR2 at 16th. :)
Are those games region free? If not I will have to travel again to my GF in Austria and take my xbox with me lol

Not sure if being sarcastic...lol

anyway better than using VPN, not breaking any ToS since it's her account! =)
Yeah, I'm just being a smart ass. You make a trip to Austria to download a game on your 360 sound so casual. Coming from Salt Lake City, UT, if I was to go to Austira the absolute last thing on my mind would be video games.

Yeah, I'm just being a smart ass. You make a trip to Austria to download a game on your 360 sound so casual. Coming from Salt Lake City, UT, if I was to go to Austira the absolute last thing on my mind would be video games.
I thought so lol...well for me it is..coming from germany it only took me about 4 hours to get there (driving), and since I do this quite often, it's not that big deal...but hey we do other things than downloading and playing games all the time, like sailing on the Donau, visiting some Ruins or wandering around in the mountains lol... long distance relationship for almost 4 years now...

lol, I thought you said Australia

I was like, "Pretty sure that's not a 4 hour drive."
lol yeaaaah no that would be a little bit too much.....also driving over the ocean to australia? how? =P there isn't a tunnel like between france and england =P

also thanks to wallace suka! Seems like I will have to make another trip this weekend =D

Also here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/promotion/dealoftheweek

And no, Major Nelson will not be posting a "Coming Soon" post this week.
Damn him, all I ask is that we get a glimpse of the next week to give us hope but we get not even that. I don't remember last years summer of arcade DotWs but from what u guys have been saying it sucked. and now major isn't even revealing next week's freaks which all but confirms that it will suck again. I mean who keeps good news hidden for no reason.
Hope c Crackdown and Dwarf Rising are the deals since I have neither game.

Damn him, all I ask is that we get a glimpse of the next week to give us hope but we get not even that. I don't remember last years summer of arcade DotWs but from what u guys have been saying it sucked. and now major isn't even revealing next week's freaks which all but confirms that it will suck again. I mean who keeps good news hidden for no reason.
Hope c Crackdown and Dwarf Rising are the deals since I have neither game.
Last year's DotWs during Summer of Arcade were very DLC heavy. They're listed below:

Ubisoft 17-Jul to 23-Jul
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes I’m the Boss! DLC 120 (50% off)
Scott Pilgrim Knives Chau DLC Pack 80 (50% off)
RUSE Pack of the Rising Sun 400 (50% off)
RUSE The Chimera Pack 280 (50% off)

24-Jul to 30-Jul
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Da Vinci Disappearance (Ubisoft) 400 (50% off)

Square Enix 31-Jul to 6-Aug
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – A Hazardous Reunion 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – All the Trappings 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – Raziel & Kain Character Pack 200 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Beneath the Ashes 400 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Lara’s Shadow 400 (50% off)

Electronic Arts 7-Aug to 13-Aug
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Teeth of Naros 400 (50% off)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Legend of Dead Kel 400 (50% off)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Weapons & Armor Bundle 200 (50% off)

THQ 14-Aug to 20-Aug
Saints Row: The Third – Genkibowl VII 280 (50% off)
Saints Row: The Third – Gangstas in Space 280 (50% off)
Saints Row: The Third – The Trouble with Clones 280 (50% off)

I shuddered a little bit in researching these. I've got a feeling my 4700 MSP aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I've actually only bought one thing (Worms for 200 MSP) off of Xbox Live since the end of May.

Damn spell check.
Nice. I actually remember that, I got the kingdoms of Amalur DLC and still haven't even opened the game. if it has to be DLC I hope it's at least its something new....like Mass Effect :)

I think I'll get GTA, just wish the dlc was cheaper.

I've owned vanilla GTA like 4 times, Episodes 2 times?, and Complete Edition twice.

It's the one game I always regret trading in and I thought last time I was gonna keep it but Gamestop offered $20 trade in and that's what I bought it for.

I've got way too much MSP and like no spending money, so this will ensure I keep it.

Crackdown is pretty good. Well worth driving to Australia for. :D

If anyone wants to play coop, I actually still have my disc and I will probably just play off of that. Add me, my gamertag is on my profile!

Edit: My Gamertag is 'BrownWing'

My Xbox dashboard is telling me that this Deal of the Week has been brought to me by Chase Freedom....I don't recall DotW ever being sponsored before...

I realize GTA IV is one of the highest rated games for the 360, but I just couldn't get into it. Not enough focus maybe. I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs though, and I just bought Red Dead after much internal debate.

My Xbox dashboard is telling me that this Deal of the Week has been brought to me by Chase Freedom....I don't recall DotW ever being sponsored before...

I realize GTA IV is one of the highest rated games for the 360, but I just couldn't get into it. Not enough focus maybe. I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs though, and I just bought Red Dead after much internal debate.
I loved GTA IV, but I think Sleeping Dogs was more fun. The hand-to-hand combat in SD was just better than GTA's gunfights.

Waaay OT: I hate this RPS achievement in The Walking Dead 400 Days. Anyone else have a ridiculous time with it?

Last year's DotWs during Summer of Arcade were very DLC heavy. They're listed below:

Ubisoft 17-Jul to 23-Jul
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes I’m the Boss! DLC 120 (50% off)
Scott Pilgrim Knives Chau DLC Pack 80 (50% off)
RUSE Pack of the Rising Sun 400 (50% off)
RUSE The Chimera Pack 280 (50% off)

24-Jul to 30-Jul
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Da Vinci Disappearance (Ubisoft) 400 (50% off)

Square Enix 31-Jul to 6-Aug
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – A Hazardous Reunion 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – All the Trappings 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – Raziel & Kain Character Pack 200 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Beneath the Ashes 400 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Lara’s Shadow 400 (50% off)

Electronic Arts 7-Aug to 13-Aug
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Teeth of Naros 400 (50% off)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Legend of Dead Kel 400 (50% off)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – Weapons & Armor Bundle 200 (50% off)

THQ 14-Aug to 20-Aug
Saints Row: The Third – Genkibowl VII 280 (50% off)
Saints Row: The Third – Gangstas in Space 280 (50% off)
Saints Row: The Third – The Trouble with Clones 280 (50% off)

I shuddered a little bit in researching these. I've got a feeling my 4700 MSP aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I've actually only bought one thing (Worms for 200 MSP) off of Xbox Live since the end of May.
Hahaha oh man, those are worse than I remembered. Maybe Sony will run some kick ass sales to keep us busy. Although this week they aren't doing much better than Microsoft.

My Xbox dashboard is telling me that this Deal of the Week has been brought to me by Chase Freedom....I don't recall DotW ever being sponsored before....
I noticed it last week. Something about that really bothers me. MS has to splash an ad for their sales page?

Is the PS dashboard so littered with ads? I'm tired of not always being able to find what I'm looking for on the xbox dash because it's so overloaded with ads trying to sell me shit!

Hahaha oh man, those are worse than I remembered. Maybe Sony will run some kick ass sales to keep us busy. Although this week they aren't doing much better than Microsoft.
It's a slow week across the board. I've personally had my eye on Cloudberry Kingdom for a long time, so I bought that. But if that game didn't come out this week it would have been a $0 week for me.

I noticed it last week. Something about that really bothers me. MS has to splash an ad for their sales page?

I the PS dashboard so littered with ads? I'm tired of not always being able to find what I'm looking for on the xbox dash because it's so overloaded with ads trying to sell me shit!
No there are no ads on the PS3 dashboard.

I've never played Crackdown so I'm cool with it. It's just that the game costs only 3 bucks used. They're not adding much value. 

lol yeaaaah no that would be a little bit too much.....also driving over the ocean to australia? how? =P there isn't a tunnel like between france and england =P

also thanks to wallace suka! Seems like I will have to make another trip this weekend =D
Long distance relationships are hard. And trust me I met the most gorgeous Aussie girl and fell head over heels for her, which is a terrible thing to do when you live in Eastern Canada. Did 5 years long distance - was crazy. Finally threw in the towel and moved out to Australia to be with her a couple years ago - best decision I ever made, though the worst decision I ever made from a gaming point of view. It's really bad out here. Though I live a one hour drive from Yahtzee Croshaw's Mana Bar up in Brisbane which I keep meaning to head to for one of his trivia nights. Other than that it's dead due to the terrible ratings system (we don't even get XBLIG games) and inflated cost of gaming (btw there's only a $50 distinction between next gen consoles here which is strange). But Germany has it's own issue as there's tons of violent games that are never released there due to content restrictions. But yeah. People outside Europe don't get how easy it is to just travel from one country to another. Great rail system. Small continent. Even things like Ryan Air. Very common for Europeans to cross border frequently and to speak many languages. Hence the need for a unified currency, more open borders. It's a whole different world to what we're used to in North America. But I still loved when I took my Aussie gf to Niagra Falls and showed her the border to America. Here they're so used to the idea of having no borders that it blew her mind to think that a whole other country was just literally on the other side of a bridge.

Not sure why I'm sharing all this. Must be a terrible sales this week and general boredom as my gf went out of town for the week.

Action Arcade Wrestling 2 is out this week for $3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzgKhS1vIQ

The customizer in it is awesome. I've got about 40 WCW/WWF guys in there, as well as about 10 WWF/WCW rings.
Looks like the sort of game that old school Fire Pro Wrestling fans would love. But man that animation is terrible. Characters just clip through each other. Can't imagine what the first game looks like if this is 10 times better.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned or when it was re-added but the DLC for Doritos Crash Course 1 appears to have been re-listed

I'm like 75% sure it was removed when the 2nd game came out correct?

Watching some videos for Cloudberry Kingdom, can't help but this looks like the most of these 80msp games from XBLIG channel, even with worse art style than some of them. I love platformers, but this looks... unappealing.

Since this might be the last month for MyAchievements I went on a small spending spree today. I already spent 2000 MSP this month (with my regular gamertag), and today I spent 3560 MSP on Rock Band dlc; bringing my total to 5560 for the month. I was going to stop at 5080, but another 10 MSP rewarded will bring me to an even 3600 MSP earned through Xbox Live Rewards.

From the Xbox Live Rewards FAQ it seems MyAchievements will be back in September. But, A, who knows if MyAchievements will still give credit as it's reward. And B, even if it does give credit all it might do is make my 9% tax instead be 7% tax. If Xbox Live Rewards goes back to giving credit as rewards chances are it will do so once the MSP conversion has taken place.

Which means the new dashboard might go live sometime around September 1. Of course, if Xbox Live Rewards isn't going to give credit rewards then Xbox Live Rewards has no bearing on when the new dashboard will go live.

This is the first time I'm hoping the dashboard update will be as late as possible.

Long distance relationships are hard. And trust me I met the most gorgeous Aussie girl and fell head over heels for her, which is a terrible thing to do when you live in Eastern Canada. Did 5 years long distance - was crazy. Finally threw in the towel and moved out to Australia to be with her a couple years ago - best decision I ever made, though the worst decision I ever made from a gaming point of view. It's really bad out here. Though I live a one hour drive from Yahtzee Croshaw's Mana Bar up in Brisbane which I keep meaning to head to for one of his trivia nights. Other than that it's dead due to the terrible ratings system (we don't even get XBLIG games) and inflated cost of gaming (btw there's only a $50 distinction between next gen consoles here which is strange). But Germany has it's own issue as there's tons of violent games that are never released there due to content restrictions. But yeah. People outside Europe don't get how easy it is to just travel from one country to another. Great rail system. Small continent. Even things like Ryan Air. Very common for Europeans to cross border frequently and to speak many languages. Hence the need for a unified currency, more open borders. It's a whole different world to what we're used to in North America. But I still loved when I took my Aussie gf to Niagra Falls and showed her the border to America. Here they're so used to the idea of having no borders that it blew her mind to think that a whole other country was just literally on the other side of a bridge.

Not sure why I'm sharing all this. Must be a terrible sales this week and general boredom as my gf went out of town for the week.

Looks like the sort of game that old school Fire Pro Wrestling fans would love. But man that animation is terrible. Characters just clip through each other. Can't imagine what the first game looks like if this is 10 times better.
Well that's even more hardcore...how many times you could get around to visit her in those 5 years? because that's quite a stretch ôo"

I hesitate to throw the towel yet =P but from a gaming point of view austria would be better than germany we don't get many "brutal" games (as you said) at least not without cuts, some get never released and most of them get indexed after a few weeks they were out sooo...not really inviting either...No Dead Rising, The first Gears Games, Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D or even the bad deadliest warrior games...none of them are available here and many more lol..at least we have XBLIG over here but it's not that great even if I have around 60 Indies on my Xbox...also we pay more than most of our EU neighbours(maybe excluding the UK since they have to pay quite the same amount) or the US for games.

Anyway I enjoyed the little offtopic(well at least it is partially gaming related =P) and I'm glad you both are happy right now and you still stand up to your decision =)

To be on topic again I still wonder what games with gold WE will get then...would love something I don't already have...

I love how the tile says "50% off and more" and you click on it to reveal two more sale items aka the GTA DLC.  Would it be safe to call this the worst week for sales in the history of XBL? I mean really, three items??

I love how the tile says "50% off and more" and you click on it to reveal two more sale items aka the GTA DLC. Would it be safe to call this the worst week for sales in the history of XBL? I mean really, three items??
I think that honor goes to the week where the discount was the cost of changing your gamertag...

Actually I wish I'd changed my gamertag during that sale. I decided to make my gamertag match my forum and PS3 username a few weeks later. :( LOL.

Yea to be honest I bet you they make more money off Gamertag changes than they do GTA sales and several other DOTWs. I have a good five people on my friends list who change their tag every once in awhile. I think its worth it if you are sick of a name, I know my first GT was stupid as I just entered whatever since I didnt really understand the concept of Xboxlive 8 years ago.

Someone earlier mentioned that Dorito's Crash course 1 was de-listed. It was temporarily, but it is now back.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Doritos-Crash-Course/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a71
Yeah that was me, I was saying I saw that it was back up but I had no idea how long it has been back.

I was just going through all my games to see if there was any dlc I wanted, ha.

I know the completionists out there who missed out on it might wanna grab it now.

But like I said, I have no idea how long it has been back on there, for all I know it might have been back a week after it was de-listed

Watching some videos for Cloudberry Kingdom, can't help but this looks like the most of these 80msp games from XBLIG channel, even with worse art style than some of them. I love platformers, but this looks... unappealing.
Yeah the visuals are nothing special, and the music is atrocious. The gameplay is really addictive though, I played through about 200 levels last night.

Yeah that was me, I was saying I saw that it was back up but I had no idea how long it has been back.

I was just going through all my games to see if there was any dlc I wanted, ha.

I know the completionists out there who missed out on it might wanna grab it now.

But like I said, I have no idea how long it has been back on there, for all I know it might have been back a week after it was de-listed
It's been back for a while. I think someone mentioned it here about a month ago.

When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down is also on sale this week for 160 MS Points.
Thanks. XBLDB must have missed it.

Well that's even more hardcore...how many times you could get around to visit her in those 5 years? because that's quite a stretch ôo"

I hesitate to throw the towel yet =P but from a gaming point of view austria would be better than germany we don't get many "brutal" games (as you said) at least not without cuts, some get never released and most of them get indexed after a few weeks they were out sooo...not really inviting either...No Dead Rising, The first Gears Games, Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D or even the bad deadliest warrior games...none of them are available here and many more lol..at least we have XBLIG over here but it's not that great even if I have around 60 Indies on my Xbox...also we pay more than most of our EU neighbours(maybe excluding the UK since they have to pay quite the same amount) or the US for games.

Anyway I enjoyed the little offtopic(well at least it is partially gaming related =P) and I'm glad you both are happy right now and you still stand up to your decision =)

To be on topic again I still wonder what games with gold WE will get then...would love something I don't already have...
If you think that the prices are too high in the UK you should check Portugal.

I buy all my games used or from the UK, as for example most retailers here still price Super Mario 64 DS at 40€ or Halo4, Hitman Absolution, Forza Horizon, MGR:Revengeance, Injustice cost 70€.

I mean, I bought Halo4 CE from Game three months ago for 33€, and they are selling the normal edition for more than double...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back