XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a 250 GB old style HDD but its pretty hard to find, at least an official MS one with the full backwards compatibility. Try your luck on Amazon or try GameStop.com.
I managed to snag an official 250 GB "old style" hard drive at a GameStop brick and mortar store. They are indeed hard to find, and I'd advise caution buying them online, even on Amazon. Read the reviews for the ones on there, (I scoured Amazon for weeks before going to GameStop. I paid a little more there, but got to inspect the drive for the official sticker before buying), for red flags for knockoff drives.

I managed to snag an official 250 GB "old style" hard drive at a GameStop brick and mortar store. They are indeed hard to find, and I'd advise caution buying them online, even on Amazon. Read the reviews for the ones on there, (I scoured Amazon for weeks before going to GameStop. I paid a little more there, but got to inspect the drive for the official sticker before buying), for red flags for knockoff drives.

Yeah, I definitely recommend GS for those as well. I ordered one on Amazon when I was upgrading my Xbox 2 summers ago that had the official description and official picture and everything and then sure enough when I got it...Chinese knock-off. Ended up getting my credit back but it took a few weeks.

I'd be all over X-Men Origins: Wolverine for a replay, especially after just finishing Deadpool, but it's over my arbitrary limit of $10 for GoD titles.

It's not in the OP and pardon me if it's already been mentioned, but there is somewhat of a Crackdown franchise sale.  Crackdown 2 is down from $30 to $20.  Not the % discount I was looking for but it's there.  

I'd be all over X-Men Origins: Wolverine for a replay, especially after just finishing Deadpool, but it's over my arbitrary limit of $10 for GoD titles.

It's not in the OP and pardon me if it's already been mentioned, but there is somewhat of a Crackdown franchise sale. Crackdown 2 is down from $30 to $20. Not the % discount I was looking for but it's there.
Thanks, yeah I noticed Crackdwon 2 dropped in price the same day Crackdown went free. It seemed like a pretty lame price drop, so I figured I'd wait til the next update day (tomorrow) to add it. So it'll be in the OP tomorrow.

Very disappointing prices for these superhero titles.  There's a few of them I would've definitely bought or re-bought had they been at $10.  

Can't resist Rayman Origins for $10 though.  I was going to get it for $5 on PSN this week, but I already have a save game on my 360 hard drive, and I can play the 360 version co-op with my wife.  Makes it worth it for $5 more.

e:  Actually, it's not even that bad considering I got 4000 MS points off Amazon for 38.79 tonight.  Rayman Origins ends up costing more like 7.75 when it's all said and done.

Thanks guys. I'm really tempted to get a second 120GB hard drive, since I basically have to delete a game every time I install a new one nowadays. I'm just kind of hesitant about the off brand ones they sell on Amazon, although the reviews look pretty good.
Retail M$ 320gb HDD: ~$120, 1yr warranty (+ download codes for a couple GoD)

Off brand 320gb HDD: ~$50, if you're lucky a 90-day warranty

Buying a 320gb Scorpio Blue HDD and a $2 eBay enclosure: ~$40, 3yr warranty

Here's a link to a HDD with 3yr warranty for $35 http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-320GB-5400RPM/dp/B001C4IMP8

Prices are for slim HDDs, but the DIY option for phats is about the same price. A chinese enclosure isn't going to make a difference, but it's worth knowing that the drive inside is new, not refurbed or just pulled from a dead laptop. If you're really concerned, you can find official m$ brand enclosures for like $7.

I was thinking about it some more, and I think phat xboxes can only support 250gb drives... too lazy to price them out, but you could just throw in a 320 and lose a little bit of space. Note that the DIY option does require flashing the firmware of the HDD, but it's really pretty low risk if you have decent google-fu and print out directions or something.

Actually, it's not even that bad considering I got 4000 MS points off Amazon for 38.79 tonight.
Hmmmm... what's all this now?

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is easily the best goddamn Spidey game in my book. Multiple endings, fun combat system, and a storyline that feels like a big Spider-man crossover as opposed to a self contained story in it's own world. Just have to throw in my two cents on that one.

^ I kinda agree with that. Aside from Shattered Dimensions, WOS is the 2nd best spidey game since Spiderman 2. It might be cheaper to get the digital version, since the actual disc is still somewhat expensive.

Wow. A Marvel week? Could prove interesting. Hopefully more things go on sale (like the Amazing Spidey DLC) and we get a proper "Coming To Marketplace" post tomorrow since Summer of Arcade is starting.

The GoDs may seem overpriced, but WoS and FoF are expensive as hell to find otherwise (including used @ GS), I managed to luck out and get a manual-less WoS copy from Blockbuster for $10 awhile back. That said, I'm maybe considering FoF or Edge of Time. 

Wolverine and the X-Men Movie Game are pretty easy to find cheaper elsewhere (specifically used) as far as I know, and X-Men Destiny & Amazing Spider-Man's disc price is around that price. Edge of Time is the only one cheaper digitally.

Kinda wondering where Spider-Man 3 and Shattered Dimensions are, but oh well. Guess they're selling well enough?

Also, for those of you who didn't know (like myself until a few minutes ago), 2 of the 3 pre-order DLCs for X-men Destiny are just universal cheat codes (Emma Frost & Juggernaut). The only one that wasn't, was GameStop's bonus Havok, which is long gone at this point, and none of the "DLC"s are on Marketplace.

I say this because I'd been watching a copy of X-men Destiny at a Best Buy in the clearance bin to drop (because it included what I thought was exclusive code-only Juggernaut DLC), and while researching up on the game from this sale, it turns out that waiting was pointless. :(

Lastly, WoS is pretty good (even more so on the PC), but the story is pretty flimsy. Luckily it's Venom & Symbiote Spider-Man focused (my favourites), but I can understand if people are tired of Venom plots (Spider-Man 3, Ultimate Spider-Man, WoS, etc.). The collectibles are also a HUGEEEE pain in the ass, there's over a thousand of the little fucking spider-icons (literally), and you only get a radar for them after collecting some ridiculous amount. The worst part is it's hard to tell where you've been already because so many of the stale textures are re-used CONSTANTLY (you'll DEFINITELY notice this if you go collecting for any longer than 10 minutes). The bosses are pretty awesome/different though, there's some great gameplay with a leveling system designed to add combat depth, side missions, guest characters and there's multiple endings (though it's easy enough to make a save towards the end to experience all of them with, though you have to replay a good amount each time). So while by no means perfect, it's certainly one of the best on sale this week (it just had a lot of wasted potential imo). Shattered Dimensions still remains the best of current gen Spidey games though. Amazing Spider-Man (with that Arkham-influenced combat, FUN collectibles & playable Stan Lee) and WoS (with its fun upgrade system for both regular & symbiote & all that random-ass webslinging) switch between 2nd and 3rd for me after that.

Wolverine game is also pretty good. X-Men Destiny & Edge of Time are big mehs. And I have no idea about that X-men Movie Game.

Very disappointing prices for these superhero titles. There's a few of them I would've definitely bought or re-bought had they been at $10.
Yep, I feel exactly the same. I was excited to hear that superhero games were on sale, but the prices just suck. I probably would've bought several of those games at $10 or less as well. Are they intentionally trying to make these sales disappointing?

I'm gonna pass on GTA, that's too much when I've gotten for $20 Complete before.

I highly recommend Wolverine and Rayman Origins.

Wolverine is definitely one of those rare cases where the game based on the movie is actually very good instead of garbage

Yep, I feel exactly the same. I was excited to hear that superhero games were on sale, but the prices just suck. I probably would've bought several of those games at $10 or less as well. Are they intentionally trying to make these sales disappointing?
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

And that's because the movie wasn't that good, so the game had nowhere to go but up, haha. But it's definitely worth getting, I agree.

Hoping the Weapon X DLC might FINALLY get a sale this week.

Side-Topic:

So, let's for a second pretend that we are absolutely 100% positive that once the MSP system goes out the window, that retailers will not charge tax on MS $ cards, but instead we'll be taxed on individual purchases (a la Nintendo eShop).

What rate will we be taxed at do you think? State-level as usual? That would be my guess too, BUT how will they determine where one lives? Previously supplied billing information? Isn't that too easy to falsify for a lower tax rate as you're not being mailed something (like with Amazon)? Will you be able to change your address/zip code on the fly?

Now let's assume they lock changing it after the switch What if you actually move? Will you have to prove this?

Or will they just use some sort of IP check? Or will there just be a blanket tax rate for everyone?

So many questions, so few answers. /cliche

But seriously, I know enough people who fool with their billing location (changing it to Illinois) so they can have the option to disable auto-renew (as it's required by law to have it available in said state). And there are 5 states with 0% sales tax as of right now. Changing your state also wouldn't affect any accessible content. So what's to stop anyone from abusing that like when Amazon doesn't tax you for shipping to your specific state? Other than the possible legal ramifications of course.* I'm honestly curious.

P.S. If anyone buys Edge of Time, go on GameFaqs for codes to unlock a bunch of awesome available costumes in-game (including both the Best Buy & Amazon pre-order bonuses, but not GameStop's : ( ). In addition, get your hands on a Shattered Dimensions save file for even more exclusive costumes. I know WoS doesn't have any unlock codes to use in it, not sure about FoF or Amazing Spidey though, so give their pages a look too.

Edit: Regarding the other goodies on sale so far, Origins is fantastic and the developer head is a great guy from what I've heard of him. Worth every penny, would say buy it to support Legends/possibility of BG&E 2 if Legends wasn't going multiplat and the guy didn't have a shaky relationship with Ubisoft at the moment.

As for Raving Rabbids, just don't, for the good of the industry. It was $3 in the second-to-last Ultimate Games sale we had, for good reason. There are also a bunch of unobtainable achievements/permanently locked content, for those that care, and even more achievements/unlockable content that requires absolute perfection to attain (when they weren't DESIGNED to be that way).And they could not have cared any less about patching their broken-ass game.

I'll pass on all the outrageously priced hero games.

Like others have mentioned, the Wolverine game is great. It doesn't tone down the violence like the movies do and you feel like a legit badass while playing it. I highly recommend it and the achievements aren't too bad either. I got my 1000 GS and enjoyed the game.

With the lack of decent sales I may pick up Brothers if it's good since I like the concept. Otherwise I'll pass on the rest of the SoA games for now.

Been playing Brothers: Tale of Two Sons this past weekend and its really cool. Everyone speaks gibberish so theres no dialogue but its got emotion and not bad at all. Starbreeze made the game btw, they also made The Darkness, Riddick, Syndicate(2013)

@BobbyTastic, you pose many good questions my good man. I have another one, how will the international marketplace work. Will we be able to just buy stuff with our accounts like we do now? How will exchange rates work? Whats to stop us from just buying from countrys where our money is stronger than the local currency? I wish MS would stop being so annoyingly coy about what exactly is going to happen. Just spit it out you bastards!!

And curse you people, i have a backlog of over 100 with PS3 games incoming and now Im checking out Spider-man Shattered Dimensions and Wolverine! :p

So does anyone here use USB drives to store xbox content? How is it?
I don't use USB hard drives, if that's what you mean, but I use sticks and they work great. I have two 360s and have both mine and my wife's profiles stored on separate sticks so we can easily and quickly take them upstairs and downstairs. I've played games, DLC and videos from them and they work perfectly fine and with no suffering of performance. You can transfer save files (for most games) as well. For example, I downloaded Assassin's Creed II and ran it from a stick and it worked just as well as running it installed to the hard drive from the disc, and I was able to resume from my saves on my first 360.

The hitch is that you can only use up to 32GB of space on any drive/stick that you connect to your 360, so I wouldn't recommend buying one bigger than 32GB. I was disappointed when I found out that it only supported half the capacity of my 64GB stick. Hope this helps.

So does anyone here use USB drives to store xbox content? How is it?
I have an external HDD and use 32GB of it to store games/DLCs/saves, and it's just like using the Xbox HDD, except that you've only a limited space available. I hope they'll make all HDDs fully compatible on Xbox One, because probably 32GB won't be enough for games in the next-gen.

Alright well I appreciate the feedback on using USB Sticks as Xbox Data Storage....I am also a person who has an Older Model Xbox 360 where the 250GB Hard Drive is hard to come by/Not wanting to take a risk of it not working right.  It sucks that you can only have 32GB per USB Stick but hey at least 64GB from 2 USB Sticks will help increase my storage space for a while longer (Have the 120GB Hard Drive for the Older Xbox 360 Model).

Hmmm, I am unsure about getting Wolverine for 1200 (I would gladly pay 800 for it). Rayman Origins on the other hand... I will wait for Major Nelson to tell us about next week sales.

How many of you bought Cloudberry Kingdom? I'm having issues with the game never saving my progress or uploading my scores to the leaderboards. If this is happening to others, and not just me, then the rest of you might want to wait to buy it (or buy it somewhere else).
I've had this happen a couple times, if you get to the character screen and see your guy is default, quit to the dashboard and restart the game and it should load up your old save then, if you keep playing as the default guy it may rewrite your old save, kinda sucks.

OP won't be updated until later tonight or tomorrow, since I have an all day seminar to attend.  Doesn't look like I'll have too much to add, especially if we don't get a "Coming Soon" post again this week.

Okay guys, so I bought Rayman Origins. I will wait for Wolverine to reach the 800MSP mark.

Two weeks in a row without Major Nelson's Coming soon? WHY? I hope he will begin posting the games on sale again, since it helps a lot to plan the next movements :joystick:

can anyone tell me how The Amazing Spider Man is? i've been wanting to play it but I don't know anyone that has played it.
I enjoyed it on the PS3, even though the PS3 version has a glitch where it will stop recognizing your save and you have to start over. It's an open city, fun to swing around like Spider-Man 2, various main and side jobs to do, 700 comic book covers and other items to collect as well if you like that sort of thing.

Where are you people seeing these sale prices?  The OP isn't updated and no news from Major Nelson.  Are you just randomly browsing?  (I'm not near my console so apologies if the sale prices are showing on the dashboard.)

xbldb just picked up WRC Powerslide - dropped to 800MSP.

So... price drop or temporary sale?
i would get that game but it's hard to buy when i'm 99% sure there's probably no online community....maybe spanish people on the servers, that's the only chance really....does anyone here own it? do people play online at all?

Are these $15 Spiderman games a good deal?  Doing a quick search around a couple sites they seem like they are.  Would love to pick up a few but if I can get them on a disc at the same price I'd much prefer that.

Is it me or are the xbox marketplace deals coming out later and later.  It used to be that early tuesday you could find out what is on sale for the week, now here we are 4:30p CST and no updates even on Major nelsons blog.  

I am not blaming the OP I am blaming xbox for this.

Ah man, i'm in love with Charlie Murder. This is the new Castle Crashers for x360, but more fun, with better controls, combat system, cutomization, skills etc.  Would be a crime if didn't sell a ton.

btw: you can izuna drop'd the enemies (xyxxxy). James Silva sure is huge NG fan. :)

Ah man, i'm in love with Charlie Murder. This is the new Castle Crashers for x360, but more fun, with better controls, combat system, cutomization, skills etc. Would be a crime if didn't sell a ton.

btw: you can izuna drop'd the enemies (xyxxxy). James Silva sure is huge NG fan. :)
woah that game looks awesome. is this game xbox exclusive (not coming to PC as far as we know now)?

Is it me or are the xbox marketplace deals coming out later and later. It used to be that early tuesday you could find out what is on sale for the week, now here we are 4:30p CST and no updates even on Major nelsons blog.

I am not blaming the OP I am blaming xbox for this.
Nope, we knew what most of the weekly deals were last night, thanks to xbldb.com.

The only difference is that the last 2 weeks Major Nelson hasn't posted his coming soon post. So I guess the deals "come out later" since usually Major Nelson lists 2 weeks of deals, and we're not getting that anymore. But the deals are still updating around the same time, Monday evening.

I know Major Nelson is busy with Gamescom and this new Call of Duty MP event shit they're doing, plus all the Xbox One stuff building up steam. Probably the explanation as to why we haven't gotten "Coming Soon" updates the last 2 weeks. If you all want to help make sure they come back, I'd recommend (politely) tweeting Major Nelson and let him know how useful you all find them.

As for the OP, it may be until later tonight or even tomorrow morning until I actually get to it. Unfortunately some work stuff has gotten in my way. I posted it earlier, but in the future I'll mention potential OP delays in the OP.

I'll help you out Tyler. It takes a lot of work to update the OP. I've got your back. ;)

8/6 - 8/13 ... Marvel Superheroes

8/6 - ?? ... Rayman Sale

Hopefully, I didn't miss anything too important!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back