XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Magic is the free game, I second for people to try it out. I never got into it back when I was in school as everything looked too confusing for me at the time. I picked up the first DOTP on sale a few years back to try it out and for somebody who was completely new to MTG, it was a great learning tool. It may not teach every little thing, but it is a great start for anybody who is even remotely interested in the game.

Hmmm....I don't own Magic, but I'm not really interested in it at all either.

I guess I'll hope that that's a replacement game for Australia and we'll get something different that's not on their marketplace.
It's funny you mentioned that as I mentioned the possibility of Magic as the next free game on my TA status.

I have a friend on there who commented (he reviews games for a Swedish(?) website) and he had this comment:

"It seems that GTA IV will be free. Magic only in Australia because GTA IV was banned"

Not sure if that's insider information he somehow has or it's just speculation, but could be worth noting.

According to Major Nelson, it's Magic 2013 followed by Rainbow Six Vegas:

"

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in September will be Magic 2013 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas.

Starting Sunday (September 1st)  Magic 2013 (Normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through September 15th .

Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download  Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas (Normally US $19.99) for free. Note: South Africa Xbox Live members will receive Shadowrun instead of RSV.

"

Thanks, that worked and it converted my points to $$$ and now that shows up on xbox.com. It's really strange they can't do that on the website.
I'm glad it worked for you! I updated and purchased something on my console last night. But my funds still do not show up in the xbox.com marketplace. I contacted support via chat and they said they are aware of such a problem and are working to fix it. Looks like I'll be making all my purchased through my console in the meantime.

"

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in September will be Magic 2013 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas.

Starting Sunday (September 1st) Magic 2013 (Normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through September 15th .

Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas (Normally US $19.99) for free. Note: South Africa Xbox Live members will receive Shadowrun instead of RSV.

"

RSV is such an old game...really MS?

"

Starting Sunday (September 1st) Magic 2013 (Normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through September 15th .

Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas (Normally US $19.99) for free. Note: South Africa Xbox Live members will receive Shadowrun instead of RSV.

"
Don't have both so not too bad for me... although kinda sad that majority of the games are pretty old.... I hope they go out with a bang and give us GTA5 before this ends!! :dunce:

Really? Rainbow Six Vegas? I don't want that even for free. 6.6GB for such an old war game I'm not interested about, is just killing HD space for nothing.

edit: but will purchase it and don't download it, of course. ;)

"

"
Surprisingly two games I don't have but also 2 games I have absolutely no interest in playing unfortunately.

Rainbow 6 Vegas is ancient.  I think I picked it up for like $2 at a Gamestop for some cheap coop with a friend who was in town that weekend.  Haven't played it since.  Too bad we couldn't at least have gotten R6V2.

I'm glad it worked for you! I updated and purchased something on my console last night. But my funds still do not show up in the xbox.com marketplace. I contacted support via chat and they said they are aware of such a problem and are working to fix it. Looks like I'll be making all my purchased through my console in the meantime.
On xbox.com click on My Account at the top then click on Billing History on the left under Payment & Billing. That takes me to a commerce.microsoft.com website where it shows my $ balance in the top right. I haven't actually tried purchasing anything with it on xbox.com but it shows I have a balance on my account at least.

I bought Bully, no tax which is good but I had to go through all sorts of verifications including changing my email password to even buy the thing.  Can't beat 3.74 for a game I've been wanting to play for a while though

On xbox.com click on My Account at the top then click on Billing History on the left under Payment & Billing. That takes me to a commerce.microsoft.com website where it shows my $ balance in the top right. I haven't actually tried purchasing anything with it on xbox.com but it shows I have a balance on my account at least.
Yeah, the person I chatted with on support told me how to get to that page too. It says I have $30.50 in my account. But it doesn't appear as a payment option when I pretend to buy something. Only lets me choose credit cards.

R6 Vegas is ancient but it was great when the game first came out. I think I have almost all the achievements for it outside of

1. Master of Ceremonies
    Host a 16-player match

2. 1Tc8P2NhbC9HFQUaXVBRGGQ2L2FjaC8wLzMAAAABUFBQ+n-rpQ==.jpg

Best of the Best
    Achieve the rank of Elite

3. 1Tc8P2NhbC9MCxoFGltTVmQ2L2FjaC8wLzE4AAAAAVBQUPpgYx0=.jpg

Officer
    Achieve the rank of Lieutenant 2nd Class

It took forever to get XP in that game. I believe you had to do ranked matches, and lots of them.

For the host 16 player match you could only host I believe, and you couldn't even be in the game when it started. Total pain in the ass.

I'm betting that their "big bang" is going to be Halo 3.
This most likely. Whoever is making the choices of which games are being released for free is awful. Most of these dated games are just insulting to be offered. PSN+ is seeming to look greater, I'd rather have their games for a limited amount of time instead of the crap M$ is throwing at us.

R6 Vegas is ancient but it was great when the game first came out. I think I have almost all the achievements for it outside of

1. Master of Ceremonies
    Host a 16-player match

2. 1Tc8P2NhbC9HFQUaXVBRGGQ2L2FjaC8wLzMAAAABUFBQ+n-rpQ==.jpg

Best of the Best
    Achieve the rank of Elite

3. 1Tc8P2NhbC9MCxoFGltTVmQ2L2FjaC8wLzE4AAAAAVBQUPpgYx0=.jpg

Officer
    Achieve the rank of Lieutenant 2nd Class

It took forever to get XP in that game. I believe you had to do ranked matches, and lots of them.

For the host 16 player match you could only host I believe, and you couldn't even be in the game when it started. Total pain in the ass.
For the hosting, yeah it has to be a 16 person dedi. The nice thing is that once it fills up and you launch the game, it pops right at the beginning so you can close the server immediately after it loads.

For the XP, you get it in player matches and ranked. The best way IMO is to find a couple people to go through LVU campus with on terrorist hunt on elite in coop. You get 600 XP per completed match iirc, and you can beat it in ~4-5 minutes max if you have a good team. (my personal record is about 2:30)

I've still never seen so much complaining for what is free lol

America!

So far I believe their best offer was Dead Rising 2+Case Zero combo. I had neither of those games.

I guess it comes down to if you own everything, if you do that really sucks :(

I know free is free, but giving RSV is really lame. I remember buying that game 3 years ago for like $3.

I think it's a valid complaint when they are clearly trying to compete with a different service (PS+) and that service is far superior in it's free offerings. It's also not just an age thing, all these games sold insanely well, and the audience for the MP ones is LONG gone. Old titles that didn't sell extremely well but were critically acclaimed would be perfectly fine for example.

Well I haven't got RSV and free is free, but I do agree they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of these games. Would it really have been that much for them to give us RSV2 instead? It's at least a little less ancient.

There's a thread on it, but it's relevant here. Ben 10 The Rise of Hex is free for some reason. If you do it through the console it'll show as $9.99. Click through and it should be free at checkout, at least as of right now it still is.

Heh, next months two free games are so far the only games that I have never played, and they aren't really my cup of tea. Ah well I'll download 'em anyway since they are free. Not sure if I'll play 'em due to my backlog though.

It probably went down like this anyways

MS: So Ubisoft, what can you give us for free that will appeal to the dudebro market?

Ubi: How about R6 Vegas 1?

MS: Game is old, but ok. How much?

Ubi: $1 for each copy download

MS: 10 cents.

Ubi: 90 cents

MS: 10 cents final offer.

Ubi: Ok, It's not like anyone was going to pay $20 for it anyways. Hell, when it was $5 during that Winter sale we sold 2 copies.

There's a thread on it, but it's relevant here. Ben 10 The Rise of Hex is free for some reason. If you do it through the console it'll show as $9.99. Click through and it should be free at checkout, at least as of right now it still is.
I'm actually more excited for this game than either of the Free September games haha.

I guess I can take it off the "Never been on sale on XBox Live" spreadsheet I have as well. :)

Yeah I did a print screen on my checkout page showing that it was free, in case MS decided to blindly charge me like they did with the mispriced Dance Central packs.
How you do print screen i need to start doing. I dont trust ms.

no email confirm yet or info on ms billing site.

Heh I thoroughly enjoyed RSV2 like...4 years ago. Never played the first one, so even though it's ancient I'll probably try it out. Magic is an interesting choice; I almost wish it was Yu Gi Oh instead since I'm more familiar with that card game, but it will be interesting to learn the rules of Magic I guess.

I can't believe that, with no CC on file, I can't do this online. Ridiculous!
Yup, the update they just did screwed up the website and MS being MS, they no longer care about the site and seem to have abandoned it.

Converted points don't show up on the web either and they got rid of the forums specifically for the xbox.com site - hell they don't even have the forums updated with the current version of Windows Phone.

How you do print screen i need to start doing. I dont trust ms.

no email confirm yet or info on ms billing site.
If you're on PC you can hit the PrtScn key on your keyboard and it will take a screenshot and put it on your clipboard. Then you can just paste that into Paint and save it as an image.

If you're on PC you can hit the PrtScn key on your keyboard and it will take a screenshot and put it on your clipboard. Then you can just paste that into Paint and save it as an image.
Ok, so you guys were able to get it on-line for free? I just don't want to take a chance on it charging my cc.

Update - I took a chance it didn't show up on my billing history. I'll check again later. I hate that there isn't a confirmation page showing the price, like it did when I was using points, before the final confirmation button.

I've still never seen so much complaining for what is free lol

America!

So far I believe their best offer was Dead Rising 2+Case Zero combo. I had neither of those games.

I guess it comes down to if you own everything, if you do that really sucks :(
The problem with these so called free games is that they are super old and have already been brought or played by most people. Compared to PS plus which gets way more recently add newer games.

Everyone also need to remember that this so called program of 2 Free games each month is only up to December. Who know if it might be taken away next year in 2014. I think all of this was done to make the Xbox One look better as a PR Stunt. After the launch of Xbox One Microsoft has no reason to keep this program past December.

Well I don't own Magic, with how many games I have I'm just happy to see stuff I don't have going free, I'll definitely give it a shot as I used to play it and other TCG's a while back so it could be fun, I liked the one I bought before (I think it was the original one)

Whelp, I've got Magic 2013 already.  I've been waiting on 2014 to be on sale before buying it.  The sales seem to happen around Christmas for those games.  I never played Rainbow 6 so I'll get that on the 15th and I took Ben 10 because it's free though I'll probably never bother playing it.  Speaking of Ben 10, I also checked my account info page and there was no transaction for it so it seems to really be free.  It makes me nervous with the way the site is. 

The problem is they are demanding a CC for free, demo, or purchase games, regardless of points in your account.

SOURCE: I just spoke with an xbox support person.
I think it's a security thing to make sure that somebody else isn't using your account. Amazon does something similar with their downloads. I have $20 in my Amazon account, but I need to enter a credit card number to get something that costs $5.

The problem with these so called free games is that they are super old and have already been brought or played by most people. Compared to PS plus which gets way more recently add newer games.

Everyone also need to remember that this so called program of 2 Free games each month is only up to December. Who know if it might be taken away next year in 2014. I think all of this was done to make the Xbox One look better as a PR Stunt. After the launch of Xbox One Microsoft has no reason to keep this program past December.
The problem with PS Plus is It's an optional service that your paying for. When the PS4 comes out that will be a different story since It's only a $10 between going PSN+ and just paying to play online, but right now PS3 is free to play online so your just paying for a glorified rental service. Despite the 360 games being old as hell you actually get to keep them, and Microsoft never advertised Gold as giving away free games till this recent promo, it was always paying to play online and get weekly discounts.

Funny enough next gen the Wii U will be the only console with free to play online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back