XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem with the Games With Gold promotion is spoiled users that already own almost everything anyways, and yet somehow still want something awesome for free.  I'm sorry but it's the truth.  Buying tons of stuff does not mean you "deserve" something awesome and special compared to everyone else.  If you're already spending a lot of money, why would MS target you?  They want to sell more DLC and such for these games to the people that otherwise wouldn't maybe even get the core game.

As a father with a family who has had a really, really lousy summer of finances and unable to afford much of anything gaming or entertainment-wise for myself, the GWG has been very, very appreciated.  Without them I doubt I'd have played my 360 much at all.

And I think people underrate that: just how GWG has managed to keep people online playing their 360's thus far.  For the first time in a long time, for the past month or so I've noticed more and more Friends online playing *actual games* (often the GWG offerings) than just passively streaming Netflix or YouTube, which is what my Friends list has looked like for months now...

yea....I just downloaded Ben10 and the marketplace and doesn't update that info. It sill shows up as "Free" and will let me purchase it again. This will not end will.

It is in my download history at least.

For the first time in a long time, for the past month or so I've noticed more and more Friends online playing *actual games* (often the GWG offerings) than just passively streaming Netflix or YouTube, which is what my Friends list has looked like for months now...
I agree with the rest of what you said. To the point I quoted, I've actually noticed that my friends haven't been playing the free games at all. I've seen a maximum of 5 people (out of 99) consistently playing the free stuff. I honestly don't think everyone else knows about it. I told a few people and they were surprised. I think many people turn on their consoles and it automatically starts up the game that's in their drive. They don't even look at the dashboard (and obviously don't follow gaming blogs/news).

Yeah, the person I chatted with on support told me how to get to that page too. It says I have $30.50 in my account. But it doesn't appear as a payment option when I pretend to buy something. Only lets me choose credit cards.
Yeah, looks like it's the same for me, I just tried "purchasing" the free Ben 10 game and it didn't recognize my balance as a valid payment option as it should have. I had to add a credit card then remove it after I purchased the game. They really made a mess with this, I definitely wouldn't trust them to have a credit card permanently tied to my account.

yea....I just downloaded Ben10 and the marketplace and doesn't update that info. It sill shows up as "Free" and will let me purchase it again. This will not end will.

It is in my download history at least.
Shows up as already purchased for me, however between my two Gold accounts, one has an expiration of 01/09/2013 (two days from now), and one has an expiration of n/a (free unlimited Gold?) Microsoft has been wonky lately.

1231685_683856464961190_1762658701_n.jpg

Free is free, but kinda sucks that you can't download a free game using the website, unless you give them a CC.  Which is never going to happen.  

Ugh, the first Vegas? I played that so long ago. Sheesh. 

Never played any Magic although it will be slightly interesting to try out. This months games suck. 

I have both RSV and Magic 2013 so I wont be downloading any of those. I really recommend everyone to download it because it is really fun even if you have never played Magic before im sure the game has a tutorial.

I agree with the rest of what you said. To the point I quoted, I've actually noticed that my friends haven't been playing the free games at all. I've seen a maximum of 5 people (out of 99) consistently playing the free stuff. I honestly don't think everyone else knows about it. I told a few people and they were surprised. I think many people turn on their consoles and it automatically starts up the game that's in their drive. They don't even look at the dashboard (and obviously don't follow gaming blogs/news).
My Friends only know because I've been keeping them updated on Facebook and Twitter. Had I not, I don't know that any of them would have known though. Sometimes I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that checks the dash 3 or 4 times a week at least. But I've seen 3 or 4 of them playing Dead Rising 2, I had some playing Fable 3, I have a couple still playing Defense Grid... and of course Minecraft forever has a presence. But most times I would turn it on and see a handful online and I'd be the only one actually playing games.

I used to be a person that autostarted the game in the drive all the time. Now I turned autostart off, and I don't even leave discs in the drive and most everything I play is on the HD anyways. I have 2 or 3 disc games I still pop in from time to time, but otherwise I don't bother. I get the feeling maybe I was more ready for MS's original XBox One plans than I thought, the idea of ditching game discs has become more-attractive as this has gone on. Actually thinking about getting a much bigger HD for my 360 at some point if I can ever swing it.

Anybody on the fence about Summer of Arcade games to buy should check out Charlie Murder. It's long, filled with variety, and funny to boot - a good deal at ten bucks. I've cut back on reviewing Xbox 360 games, but I did give this one a detailed review. Please check it out: Charlie Murder review.

So I went a little overboard in a "Hit all the nearby Gamestops and pick up a ton of old 'n cheap 360 games" spree, and Rainbox Six Vegas happened to be among my last batch of purchases. Then I saw the news. LOL

But I lucked out - I asked the clerk to let me check out the discs for myself, and out of the three he put on the counter, one was the Limited Edition with an extra DVD full of the usual LE/CE extra DVD stuff. So of course I went with that one. Can't complain for not even two bucks.

Just throwing this out there since nobody mentioned it. if you try to buy a delisted game  you just get a"This item is no longer available" message. I was hoping it would show the price at a million dollars or something equally insane. 

Just throwing this out there since nobody mentioned it. if you try to buy a delisted game you just get a"This item is no longer available" message. I was hoping it would show the price at a million dollars or something equally insane.
Seems like an odd time to bring that up, but I haven't been paying much attention to this thread lately between the lackluster deals and the lack of wiki editing (it was strangely compelling). Has something else been delisted since War of the Worlds and that-other-game-I-can't-remember?

Kinda sucks that Magic is one of the free games, since I own very single one. For the new comers, give it a try. Like others have said, the learning curve is pretty easy going and its a fun card game at it's best.

Since M$ just showed us how cheap they are, I can't wait for Forza 2 :roll:

Hahaha no one can defend the choice of Rainbow Six Vegas. That's a terrible selection. I would have much preferred Viva Pinata or something.

Hahaha no one can defend the choice of Rainbow Six Vegas. That's a terrible selection. I would have much preferred Viva Pinata or something.
It's very old but still a good game. Viva Pinata would probably be a better choice though.

The only problem with the Games With Gold promotion is spoiled users that already own almost everything anyways, and yet somehow still want something awesome for free. I'm sorry but it's the truth. Buying tons of stuff does not mean you "deserve" something awesome and special compared to everyone else. If you're already spending a lot of money, why would MS target you? They want to sell more DLC and such for these games to the people that otherwise wouldn't maybe even get the core game.
This is 100% correct. But people in any community tend to lack a big-picture perspective. It's not just limited to gamers or CAGs. Think about GWG or any promotion like an election. If you need the votes, who do you focus most on? Not your core, because they might grumble and grouse but they're coming with you. You go for the undecideds and the people at the margins. Business is the same way. Why give things away to people who are going to give you their money anyway? GWG is not meant for the vast majority of people who read this forum. It's a cheap way for MS to claim bullet-point feature parity with Sony.

They don't have to give away good games because they're probably just going for the people who are just now getting into this current generation for the first time. Those ever-important casual consumers who buy 1 or 2 games per year at best, but whose numbers dwarf ours. And how savvy do you think those consumers are, really? MS getting feature parity probably helps steer some of these late-bloomer sales away from Sony. Again, this program is not for those of us with 100+ game backlogs who read about new games and listen to podcasts about video games. There's a much bigger world out there.

That said, if you want MS to give you better games, the best way to do that is to cancel your Gold subscription and get others to do that too. Switch to PS+. If MS starts to lose ground, they'll have to get competitive. Right now, they're making over a billion dollars a year on Gold. They are trouncing Sony. What incentive do they have to compete on free games?

I need some clarification on a couple things so I can see just how much Microsoft dropped the ball here.

With the change in points to $, why are we not able to put several items into a cart like nearly every other digital retailer?  Having each piece of DLC for a game charged separately seems a mighty fine way to get your credit card flagged if you're looking to finish up your DLC collection for a game with lots of it.

And there doesn't seem to be any option to add money to your account akin to stocking up points for said credit card potential problems.

So until this is changed, do we just space out our DLC purchases to avoid extra hassles?

I need some clarification on a couple things so I can see just how much Microsoft dropped the ball here.

With the change in points to $, why are we not able to put several items into a cart like nearly every other digital retailer? Having each piece of DLC for a game charged separately seems a mighty fine way to get your credit card flagged if you're looking to finish up your DLC collection for a game with lots of it.

And there doesn't seem to be any option to add money to your account akin to stocking up points for said credit card potential problems.

So until this is changed, do we just space out our DLC purchases to avoid extra hassles?

Amazon doesn't allow multiple downloads to be bought together. I think they have more dlc bundles though.

Rainbow 6 Vegas is ancient. I think I picked it up for like $2 at a Gamestop for some cheap coop with a friend who was in town that weekend. Haven't played it since. Too bad we couldn't at least have gotten R6V2.
Lol come on man its MS. Anything newer than 2007 is potential profit to Microsoft. Every free game has to be from before 2007. What you think this is? PS Plus? :rofl:

Amazon doesn't allow multiple downloads to be bought together. I think they have more dlc bundles though.
That is true, but since those are pc products there are at least a few alternative retailers without those issues, nor does that mean that Amazon itself should not consider changing that policy. Maybe Tony has stated why things are like that in the past and I've just not caught onto it.

Now let me give you some examples for what we're dealing with for the 360 and bunches of DLC piece by piece now.

-The Dynasty Warriors games

-Rumble Roses

-Ace Combat (albeit it being the worst and now all collected in the pc version [which may not work in a year] is another tangent...)

-Forza Horizon

You're free to think DLC is dumb, these games are dumb, etc, but for us packrat fools that get everything, I just wonder: What gives?

Lol come on man its MS. Anything newer than 2007 is potential profit to Microsoft. Every free game has to be from before 2007. What you think this is? PS Plus? :rofl:
Rainbow Six Vegas is the first Games for Gold game that was released before 2007.

Rainbow Six Vegas - 11/22/06

Defense Grid: The Awakening - 9/2/09

Assassin's Creed II - 11/17/09

Fable III - 10/26/10

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - 8/31/10

Dead Rising 2 - 9/28/10

Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - 6/20/12

Rainbow Six Vegas is the first Games for Gold game that was released before 2007.

Fable III - 10/26/10

Dead Rising 2 - 9/28/10

You're too technical. Lighten up and take a joke!

Ive learned that you have no sense of humor. Its cool. 

Regardless free is free so those of you who are happy cool. So far I have not downloaded a single game. Only one that I was interested in was DR2 but I own it already anyways.

Anybody on the fence about Summer of Arcade games to buy should check out Charlie Murder. It's long, filled with variety, and funny to boot - a good deal at ten bucks. I've cut back on reviewing Xbox 360 games, but I did give this one a detailed review. Please check it out: Charlie Murder review.
ok ive asked this on like 4 forums and everytime no one's known. so i have a question about CM; can i bring a guest online and save their stats? like can i have my gf play as a guest, we team up with people online, and tomorrow when we play it saved her stats? or is it like castle crashers where every online person must have their own gold account?

Ive learned that you have no sense of humor. Its cool.

Regardless free is free so those of you who are happy cool. So far I have not downloaded a single game. Only one that I was interested in was DR2 but I own it already anyways.
Yep. Because I didn't enjoy your joke, I don't enjoy anything. You give yourself too much credit.

It seems that Ben 10's xbla has been removed from the marketplace (EU at least). I purchased it some hours ago though.

Fable III - 10/26/10

Dead Rising 2 - 9/28/10

This is so SAD. It would be nice to have a similar list of the free games offered by PS+ from June till now, just to shed bitter tears in an exercise of S&M.

This is so SAD. It would be nice to have a similar list of the free games offered by PS+ from June till now, just to shed bitter tears in an exercise of S&M.
You sure you wanna see it?

June 2013

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PS3 - 6/4/13
Gods Eater Burst - PSP/Vita - 6/18/13
LittleBigPlanet Karting - PS3 - 6/11/13
Machinarium - PSN - 6/11/13
Saints Row: The Third - PS3 - 6/18/13
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Single-Player Campaign via the Free-to-Play Multiplayer game - PS3 - 6/11/13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - PS3 - 6/11/13
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Vita - 6/25/13

July 2013
Battlefield 3 - PS3 - 7/2/13
Dokuro - Vita - 7/30/13
Jet Set Radio - PSN - 7/16/13
Metal Slug XX - PSP/Vita - 7/23/13
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - PSN - 7/9/13

August 2013
Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - PSN - 8/13/13
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - PSP - 8/20/13
Hitman Absolution - PS3 - 8/6/13
Machinarium - Vita - 8/27/13
Zen Pinball 2 - Star Wars Pinball - PSN/Vita - 8/20/13

September 2013
Galaga Legions DX - PSN
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - PSP/Vita
Ico HD - PS3
Rayman Origins - Vita
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection - PSN

All credit to Mr. Tanuki for the list. If you live in Europe, the list would look a lot better.

You sure you wanna see it?

June 2013

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PS3 - 6/4/13
Gods Eater Burst - PSP/Vita - 6/18/13
LittleBigPlanet Karting - PS3 - 6/11/13
Machinarium - PSN - 6/11/13
Saints Row: The Third - PS3 - 6/18/13
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Single-Player Campaign via the Free-to-Play Multiplayer game - PS3 - 6/11/13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - PS3 - 6/11/13
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Vita - 6/25/13

July 2013
Battlefield 3 - PS3 - 7/2/13
Dokuro - Vita - 7/30/13
Jet Set Radio - PSN - 7/16/13
Metal Slug XX - PSP/Vita - 7/23/13
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - PSN - 7/9/13

August 2013
Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - PSN - 8/13/13
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - PSP - 8/20/13
Hitman Absolution - PS3 - 8/6/13
Machinarium - Vita - 8/27/13
Zen Pinball 2 - Star Wars Pinball - PSN/Vita - 8/20/13

September 2013
Galaga Legions DX - PSN
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - PSP/Vita
Ico HD - PS3
Rayman Origins - Vita
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection - PSN

All credit to Mr. Tanuki for the list. If you live in Europe, the list would look a lot better.
I think it would be a better comparison to show the first 3 months of PSN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back